Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,519 members, 7,836,977 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

Justice Sylvanus Nsofor, Ambassadorial Nominee Refuses To Recite National Anthem - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Justice Sylvanus Nsofor, Ambassadorial Nominee Refuses To Recite National Anthem (48401 Views)

"Sylvanus Nsofor, Ambassadorial Nominee Too Old" U.S Tells Buhari / Sylvanus Adiewere Nsofor: Senate Confirms 82-Year-Old Ambassadorial Nominee / Buhari Renominates 82-Year-Old Sylvanus Nsofor As Ambassadorial Nominee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Justice Sylvanus Nsofor, Ambassadorial Nominee Refuses To Recite National Anthem by akigbemaru: 8:57pm On Mar 01, 2017
82-year-old nominee!
Re: Justice Sylvanus Nsofor, Ambassadorial Nominee Refuses To Recite National Anthem by Maski87: 8:57pm On Mar 01, 2017
Insanity, how do you appoint an 82 yr old man ambassador, his brain is gone don't you have people in their 30s or 40s anymore remember GOWON was head of state at 33, please give youth and dynamism a chance
Re: Justice Sylvanus Nsofor, Ambassadorial Nominee Refuses To Recite National Anthem by Jilo83(m): 9:02pm On Mar 01, 2017
He is a Jehovah witness
Re: Justice Sylvanus Nsofor, Ambassadorial Nominee Refuses To Recite National Anthem by to9ine: 9:03pm On Mar 01, 2017
So u asked a one time Justice of the FRN to recite the National Anthem of his country he has served for several years, to TEST his knowledge of the anthem? U guys must be crazy!! Wisdom has departed from them.. Were they asked to recite the National Anthem when they contested for Their respective legislative positions?
Can't u see an insult when one is dished..
Re: Justice Sylvanus Nsofor, Ambassadorial Nominee Refuses To Recite National Anthem by discusant: 9:06pm On Mar 01, 2017
HungerBAD:
So let me get this straight.

President Buhari did his part,by forwarding a nominee from the East,in the spirit of unity,equity and fairness to the Senate for confirmation as an Ambassador.

And the Nominee got to the Senate,and was just asked to do his own "Little" part by reciting our National Anthem and he refused? I am really trying to understand the logic behind his refusal,so maybe someone more intelligent can explain better.

And so we are again grateful to the internet.

If not for the internet,we would not have known the Imo Nominee screened himself out from becoming an Ambassador.

Before the town criers suffering from PH.D(pull him down)syndrome,will now start shouting that BUHARI hates the EAST.

Meanwhile, the Yoruba nominee obeyed all the simple commands. Something tells me only one of them passed.

'The labours of our heroes past' is a verse in Nigeria's national anthem.

Nigeria's national anthem sings praises on genocidists like Muritala Mohammed, TY Danjuma, Yakubu Gowon, etc. They all watched or actively participated in pogroms against Eastern Nigerians during the 1960s. Muritala Mohammed, especially ordered the brutal massacres of Asaba people during the Biafra/Nigeria civil war.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Justice Sylvanus Nsofor, Ambassadorial Nominee Refuses To Recite National Anthem by Queentito(f): 9:09pm On Mar 01, 2017
ijustdey:

http://thenationonlineng.net/drama-ambassadorial-nominee-refuses-recite-national-anthem/

The reason is simple, he can't recite it. Let me continue with the game I'm playing with my itel S31 before I moved people will come and bite me

1 Like

Re: Justice Sylvanus Nsofor, Ambassadorial Nominee Refuses To Recite National Anthem by lokop1(m): 9:10pm On Mar 01, 2017
Re: Justice Sylvanus Nsofor, Ambassadorial Nominee Refuses To Recite National Anthem by discusant: 9:10pm On Mar 01, 2017
Today, the labours of Nigeria's heroes past is the shambles called a country - Nigeria.

So why must any right-thinking person recite the national anthem that extols charlatans who committed murders in an effort to keep a now failed Nigeria one?
Only a Hausa/Fulani can be proud of the anthem, or a Muslim Yoruba who does not understand that one Nigeria is a stumbling block to development in Yoruba land can be proud of the anthem.
Re: Justice Sylvanus Nsofor, Ambassadorial Nominee Refuses To Recite National Anthem by andyanders: 9:11pm On Mar 01, 2017
If I am getting the Op right; is he saying that someone nominated an 82 yrs man for an ambassadorial work? Then this country is finished. What can someone in his right sense of reasoning, nominate a man at that age for any post? I pity this country. We are having problem with the number one citizen of this country because of his age which is affecting his performance and someone is here trying to bring in such a man at that age to be given such position. This country is sick.

How can such a man at that age remember the national anthem.
Re: Justice Sylvanus Nsofor, Ambassadorial Nominee Refuses To Recite National Anthem by otokx(m): 9:15pm On Mar 01, 2017
82 years will be an Ambassador of Nigeria to where na
Re: Justice Sylvanus Nsofor, Ambassadorial Nominee Refuses To Recite National Anthem by jinxet2000: 9:17pm On Mar 01, 2017
many are reacting but I tell you, get most of these people, they cannot recite it.
Some will recite as follow;
Arise O compatriot
Nigeria call Obey
To serve our fatherland
with love and strength and faith
Tusa Tusa a maaa ...
What is Tuusa Tuusa a maaa?
Re: Justice Sylvanus Nsofor, Ambassadorial Nominee Refuses To Recite National Anthem by Demulsify: 9:21pm On Mar 01, 2017
82 years old.... Is that his football age? grin
Re: Justice Sylvanus Nsofor, Ambassadorial Nominee Refuses To Recite National Anthem by wawappl: 9:21pm On Mar 01, 2017
THE GRANDPA NO WANT TO LEAVE ANY THING FOR HIS CHILDREN
Re: Justice Sylvanus Nsofor, Ambassadorial Nominee Refuses To Recite National Anthem by lexy2014: 9:27pm On Mar 01, 2017
ellovee:
If Buhari truly love the East as you claim why didn't he forward the name of a younger person? Or are there no younger and vibrant people that can serve in that capacity?
its unfortunate but it was d gov of d state that nominated d old man.govs insisted on providing nominees for non career diplomats.this is d "best" rochas could come up with
Re: Justice Sylvanus Nsofor, Ambassadorial Nominee Refuses To Recite National Anthem by topsam1(m): 9:28pm On Mar 01, 2017
HungerBAD:

President Buhari did his part,by forwarding a nominee from the East,in the spirit of unity,equity and fairness to the Senate for confirmation as an Ambassador.

And the Nominee got to the Senate,and was just asked to do his own "Little" part by reciting our National Anthem and he refused? I am really trying to understand the logic behind his refusal,so maybe someone more intelligent can explain better.

If not for the internet,we would not have known the Imo Nominee screened himself out from becoming an Ambassador.

Before the town criers suffering from PH.D(pull him down)syndrome,will now start shouting that BUHARI hates the EAST.

Meanwhile, the Yoruba nominee obeyed all the simple commands. Something tells me only one of them passed.

Well I blame National Assembly though, they should have asked him to recite BIAFRA anthem instead...BTW...80 year old....hope e no go die for foreign land. Don't quote me
Re: Justice Sylvanus Nsofor, Ambassadorial Nominee Refuses To Recite National Anthem by juman(m): 9:28pm On Mar 01, 2017
sekeyso:
82 years and he's about to be made a public servant ...even God is tire of this country lipsrsealed.
Re: Justice Sylvanus Nsofor, Ambassadorial Nominee Refuses To Recite National Anthem by juman(m): 9:31pm On Mar 01, 2017
Demulsify:
82 years old.... Is that his football age? grin

Most likely football age.
Re: Justice Sylvanus Nsofor, Ambassadorial Nominee Refuses To Recite National Anthem by adimsmt: 9:37pm On Mar 01, 2017
ijustdey:

http://thenationonlineng.net/drama-ambassadorial-nominee-refuses-recite-national-anthem/

So there are no worthy individuals in my state to be an ambassador. I cry for Imo state, Rochas, Rochas, Rochas how many times did i call your name.
Re: Justice Sylvanus Nsofor, Ambassadorial Nominee Refuses To Recite National Anthem by Nobody: 9:47pm On Mar 01, 2017
Old cargo man of 82yrs.
Re: Justice Sylvanus Nsofor, Ambassadorial Nominee Refuses To Recite National Anthem by thunderbabs: 9:50pm On Mar 01, 2017
PDJT:

The post meant: He was born in 1982! grin

Youdonmeanit
Adonbelieveit
Re: Justice Sylvanus Nsofor, Ambassadorial Nominee Refuses To Recite National Anthem by Nobody: 9:59pm On Mar 01, 2017
maberry:
them want carry grandpa play grin
But at 82 this man suppose to done retire from politricks na

Of course pmb is bringing his age mates on board.

See Nigeria, see analogue era.
Re: Justice Sylvanus Nsofor, Ambassadorial Nominee Refuses To Recite National Anthem by Afribest(m): 10:09pm On Mar 01, 2017
Siga:
... 82 yr old man.... where 28yr old dey...hmmm
we are online to pass away time sir
Re: Justice Sylvanus Nsofor, Ambassadorial Nominee Refuses To Recite National Anthem by bejite: 10:11pm On Mar 01, 2017
82 year old?
Who are really the leaders of tomorrow? Old men or young dudes?
Re: Justice Sylvanus Nsofor, Ambassadorial Nominee Refuses To Recite National Anthem by Lanceslot(m): 10:18pm On Mar 01, 2017
Half baked news. His argument for not reciting the anthem was based on what?
Re: Justice Sylvanus Nsofor, Ambassadorial Nominee Refuses To Recite National Anthem by sshalom(m): 10:22pm On Mar 01, 2017
Rtd Justice Nsofor is eminently qualified looking at his education and career but at 82 years Surely we can do better than this and at this time!
Re: Justice Sylvanus Nsofor, Ambassadorial Nominee Refuses To Recite National Anthem by ShootToKill: 10:29pm On Mar 01, 2017
I can bet my left Biafran balls that the daura royal dullardness himself can't recite zoogerian anthem. The sick mor0n will recite puulaani poems instead. grin
Re: Justice Sylvanus Nsofor, Ambassadorial Nominee Refuses To Recite National Anthem by princetom1(m): 10:30pm On Mar 01, 2017
maberry:
them want carry grandpa play grin
But at 82 this man suppose to done retire from politricks na

He should be on life support waiting for God to call his name. .. pls, all these great great grand grand great great papa, dey should just go and die nau. Even d bible said, days of men is 70/80 years. Nigeria, why?
Re: Justice Sylvanus Nsofor, Ambassadorial Nominee Refuses To Recite National Anthem by Godskidk(m): 10:30pm On Mar 01, 2017
Misbliss1:
he's either a jehovahwitness or he doesn't know it

Jehovah's witnesses don't engage in politics.

1 Like

Re: Justice Sylvanus Nsofor, Ambassadorial Nominee Refuses To Recite National Anthem by Niwdog(m): 10:33pm On Mar 01, 2017
HungerBAD:

STFU
Buhari didn't see young eligible Igbo to make an ambassador. Why is buhari like this?! 83ys old grand pa for waiting kwa
Re: Justice Sylvanus Nsofor, Ambassadorial Nominee Refuses To Recite National Anthem by jeyselassie(m): 10:43pm On Mar 01, 2017
this guy retired from active civil service in 2005.
Re: Justice Sylvanus Nsofor, Ambassadorial Nominee Refuses To Recite National Anthem by ADAMUSALEH(m): 11:08pm On Mar 01, 2017
83 years old man.... chei! Nigerian youth, leaders of next tomorrow when shall we start leading.
Re: Justice Sylvanus Nsofor, Ambassadorial Nominee Refuses To Recite National Anthem by otswag(m): 11:16pm On Mar 01, 2017
ijustdey:

U go blame d guy? U no c say na 82yrs old? The only Anthem he remembers is "God save the queen"

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pictures As Peter Obi Campaigns In Ekpoma, Edo State / Ekiti Chief Judge, Oyewole Adeyeye, Hospitalized As Court Wall Collapses On Him / Details On How Obasanjo Tore His PDP Membership Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.