Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,643 members, 7,861,983 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 03:56 AM

Entangled Souls (episode 6) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Entangled Souls (episode 6) (503 Views)

Short Story: ENTANGLED / Entangled / Entangled Souls (episode 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Entangled Souls (episode 6) by Nobody: 8:10pm On Mar 01, 2017
This journey of love seems so hard to reach its final destination
The twists and turns are major factors that must be gently understood
Even when light shines to brighten our paths
We need the light of love to keep us going
Even at dark hours of the night we keep going
Only because we know that the stars that brighten our night
Are messengers of love
At times it's hard to comprehend the whole story of love
It takes perseverence and courage to cross it's raging river
This theory of love is as old as time itself
But if we can get its concepts
In accordance with life and time
We are likely to share a different story
With a perfect ending
~Aanuoluwa Adebanjo~

''How did it happen, Tiara?''
Wiping her eyes with the back of her palms, Tiara said, ''I was on my way out to the office this morning when i got a mail from my boyfriend Donald. Donald and I met 2months ago and we courted for a month before we went on a dinner date, it was too late that night and i couldn't go home so i slept at his place because it was closer, we made love that night. A week later he told me he got a visa to travel to London and promised to always keep in touch, he used to call until i discovered 2weeks ago, that i was pregnant, i told him and he refused to call eversince. So this morning i got a mail from him, telling me he had a confession and that his guilt wouldn't let him be. He told me he already had a wife and two kids in the states and that he can't continue with our relationship''.
Tiara's voice shook as she said those last words.
''It's owkay Tiara, things fall apart so that better things can fall in place. If our hearts don't get broken, we never get to see that person who will pick for us the beautiful pieces and arrange them to form anew. And if we haven't had to walk a cloudy dark night, we might never value the stars. Now that the bad guy is out of the picture, will you marry me?''
Tiara's eyes widened, she said amist hot tears, ''I just lost my pregnancy, Harrison and am not even sure if my womb survived the fatal fall''
''Will you marry me?'' Harrison asked again.
''I nag... I nag alot Harrison''
''Will you marry me, Tiara?''
''I can't even cook and...''
Harrison placed a warm kiss on Tiara's trembling lips.
''Tiara Davis, will you please, marry me?'', Harrison said, holding her hands in his.
''Yes... Yes, Harrison, I will marry you''.
''Oh, thank God'', Harrison said and bent down slightly to plant a kiss on Tiara's fore-head.
''Have always known our souls are entangled in each other's and no doubt that when two hearts are meant to be, they'll always find their way to each other'', Harrison said.
''You found me, Harrison'', Tiara said.
''I think we found each other'', Harrison said with a broad smile.

'Lovers don't finally meet, they are into each other all along'
~Rumi~

THE END

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

This Oyinbo Self / Coincidence / A Christian Poem: Divided We Fall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.