Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,390 members, 7,861,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:10 AM

Hey! Alhaja Get Up - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hey! Alhaja Get Up (337 Views)

Why Do People Hate Being Called Alhaji Or Alhaja? / Hey Christians, How Much Can You Really Say To Defend Your Religion? / Hey Yall Its Sept 23 And I Am Raptured. I Am Writing This Post From Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hey! Alhaja Get Up by mujaahid: 10:27pm On Mar 01, 2017
Hey!Alhaja, Get Up Posted on February 26, 2017 by mujaahid What an insult? It touched my heart and saddens me. We were in the examination hall in my school during a PPT (Pencil and paper test) examination. I was sitting in the third row from the right while Sister Khadijah, Sister Zainab, and Mariam were all sitting in the second row, very close to each other. Sister Khadija was the first on the row followed by Zainab then Mariam. They actually planned the vertical formation and achieve their aim. The examination began and the questions were as I expected because I actually worked hard and I didn’t depend on anybody to provide me hint about any question during the course of the exam. After I finished with my questions, I checked my sisters and saw the seriousness on their faces as their heads were bowed towards their question paper and answer sheet. At about few minutes to the end of the examination, I was already done with my cross-checking and just stayed to wait for my friends for us to walk out of the hall together. Suddenly Mr. Joseph; who has always criticized the Hijab due to the hatred he has towards it shouted with a horrible voice: “Hey! Alhaja, get up” I was perplexed and felt my chair should just sink below the ground because that sentence alone is so annoying to me and stroke my ears unexpectedly. I looked in the direction the voice went and discovered it was Zainab that was caught communicating with Mariam in the examination hall. What intensified my pain the most was her reaction after been caught. She gently stood up and said: “Sir, I am through, can I come and submit?” which shows she knew she was guilty of what she was doing. Mr. Joseph took this opportunity to insult her and the hijab, he said and I quote “Imagine, even the so-called Alhaja cheats in the examination hall.” He hissed at her and shouted, “give me your rubbish paper and get out of my sight “. It was at this point she also realized the kind of insult she brought upon herself and her fellow sisters. I wondered in my heart that had she forgotten the various hadiths in which the prophet is reported to have condemned cheating and those who cheats. The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) is reported to have said: “Whoever cheats is not one of us.” Narrated by Muslim, 102 from the hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him). Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allah have mercy on him) said: Cheating in exams is forbidden; in fact, it is a major sin, especially since this cheating will lead to a number of things in the future, it will affect the person’s salary and position, and other things that are needed in order to succeed. Fataawa Noor ‘ala ad-Darb, 24/2 Brothers and sisters, you are a symbol and a representative of Islam anywhere you are and it is mandatory on you to uphold the ideals of Islam in order to represent Islam righteously. Let’s endeavor to read our books and seek explanations from our friends in areas we have difficulties. Then pray to Allah to guide and help us throughout our papers. Don’t ever, under any circumstance resolve to cheating in any form as it is regarded as a major sin. Strive to be good and master the content of your course. Do not corrupt your hereafter because of the achievements of this world which will never last long. Do not destroy your final abode while you are still on the journey.
Hey!Alhaja, Get Up http://mujaahidonline.com.ng/2017/02/26/heyalhaja-get-up/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

God Marches Us On- And We MUST Keep Up, Or Be Discarded! / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today / Conform To Reform

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.