Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,856 members, 7,817,536 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

Jiji Scam - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Jiji Scam (1635 Views)

How Do I Get Verified On Jiji-ng? / Business On Jiji / Help!!! I Don't Understand Jiji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jiji Scam by danosky91(m): 7:27am On Mar 02, 2017
Hello,
I just have to drop this just here to create awareness to the public.
It started on a nice after surfing for a nice phone on Jiji, I actually got one and decided to make contact with the seller. After few negotiations we concluded on a price of 30,000.
The seller then told me to pay a part payment to show that I was interested, because the price we bargained on was a give away price.
Being so naive I transferred 15000 being half payment to be completed once my goods was received. He confirmed receiving the money and told me he was heading for the courier services, few hours later he called telling me to complete the payment, that the courier service (peace mass transit) to be precise no longer collect balance for the sellers. I had to make a bank deposit to 15000 to complete the payment. He confirmed it, and sent me a weigh bill number that I would be receiving it few days. Since then all measure to reach him, proved abortive. Pls fellow Nigeria do not fall 4 this scam. He claims his name to beFrancis. Acc number receiving the payment. 3058090438 name Muhammed abdulrazak Firstbank plc. Phone number 09065372111.
I tried reaching my bank and the receiving bank, they promised to get back but it's been more than a month no reply from both bank yet. Nigeria banks are as good very useful in such situation. I don't see the reason for BVN establishment. The worst of it is Jiji has no contact to reach. They do not confirm and do background checks on their sellers.
Re: Jiji Scam by serverconnect(m): 7:44am On Mar 02, 2017
This is were naija police will be useful, but you must spend.
Re: Jiji Scam by hisgrace090: 7:46am On Mar 02, 2017
To survive here you most be very careful.
A whole lots of predators around.
Re: Jiji Scam by ExchangerPLUS: 7:51am On Mar 02, 2017
Jiji is a classified site and you are always warned not to transfer money to sellers without seeing what you buying.

As seen on every page "Do not pay in advance, even for the delivery. "

4 Likes

Re: Jiji Scam by Tapout(m): 7:54am On Mar 02, 2017
https:///safety-tips.html

what phone is that??
Re: Jiji Scam by SUPERPACK: 8:00am On Mar 02, 2017
my brother u are at fault, you did nt follow the guideline on the site that says "Do not make payment in advance, not even for delivery"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jiji Scam by Icecream4U(m): 8:41am On Mar 02, 2017
Re: Jiji Scam by Gentlevin: 8:58am On Mar 02, 2017
@poster. u are at fault jareeeeeeeeee. Did u not read the info on d site?. Even without d info, u should know dat sending ur cash to an unknown person is risky. its even in naija here self and not abroad. bro shine ur eyes wella next time, no let awoof turn ur belle ooo....
Re: Jiji Scam by lexylexy(m): 9:06am On Mar 02, 2017
danosky91:
Hello,
It started on a nice after surfing for a nice phone on Jiji, I actually got one and decided to make contact with the seller. After few negotiations we concluded on a price of 30,000.
The seller then told me to pay a part payment to show that I was interested, because the price we bargained on was a give away price.
Being so naive I transferred 15000 being half payment to be completed once my goods was received. He confirmed receiving the money and told me he was heading for the courier services, few hours later he called telling me to complete the payment, that the courier service (peace mass transit) to be precise no longer collect balance for the sellers. I had to make a bank deposit to 15000 to complete the payment. He confirmed it, and sent me a weigh bill number that I would be receiving it few days. Since then all measure to reach him, proved abortive. Pls fellow Nigeria do not fall 4 this scam. He claims his name to beFrancis. Acc number receiving the payment. 3058090438 name Muhammed abdulrazak Firstbank plc. Phone number 09065372111.
I tried reaching my bank and the receiving bank, they promised to get back but it's been more than a month no reply from both bank yet. Nigeria banks are as good very useful in such situation. I don't see the reason for BVN establishment. The worst of it is Jiji has no contact to reach. They do not confirm and do background checks on their sellers.

my guy,u only have yourself to blame. u did not only pay part, u had to send the full money. Smh. I still find it hard to believe that people still fall for this cheap online scams. op, I think u should bury ur head in shame,u are a big disgrace. sorry, how old are you again?
Re: Jiji Scam by danosky91(m): 10:43am On Mar 02, 2017
Tapout:
https:///safety-tips.html

what phone is that??
infinix hot 4
Re: Jiji Scam by danosky91(m): 10:44am On Mar 02, 2017
Gentlevin:
@poster. u are at fault jareeeeeeeeee. Did u not read the info on d site?. Even without d info, u should know dat sending ur cash to an unknown person is risky. its even in naija here self and not abroad. bro shine ur eyes wella next time, no let awoof turn ur belle ooo....
yea I admit.
Re: Jiji Scam by danosky91(m): 10:46am On Mar 02, 2017
lexylexy:

my guy,u only have yourself to blame. u did not only pay part, u had to send the full money. Smh. I still find it hard to believe that people still fall for this cheap online scams. op, I think u should bury ur head in shame,u are a big disgrace. sorry, how old are you again?
I admit my mistakes once bitten twice shy.
Re: Jiji Scam by kaypeters: 11:49am On Mar 02, 2017
dis OP is a mumu... is like seeing iPhone7 for 30k n u want to buy it as a give away price. wu does dat? Next time b wise. it's nt only on sef, even on olx
Re: Jiji Scam by shellybubu(f): 1:30pm On Apr 04, 2017
Please guys be informed... I was almost scammed of 10,500k by this person... this person claimed to be working with Sky Logistics...he requested I pay 10,500 for clearance fee. Pls be guided and don't fall a victim of this. "Nelson Nosakhare''. He is a fraudster don't be misled.

SKY LOGISTICS COURIER SERVICE INTL

Dear Miss, You have a parcel with our company, that was sent from London UK, arrived Nigeria Margaret Ekpo International Airport Calabar. Your Ref Number (#669973A) Please kindly come for pick-up or contact the delivery agent in-charge for the week on
08136632400 for more details in regards to your items.

THANKS FOR USING OUR SERVICE.
Re: Jiji Scam by Nobody: 2:22pm On Apr 04, 2017
Jiji is the worst platform ever you should consider having anything to do with. I called it a house of woe and robbers.
Re: Jiji Scam by izzou(m): 4:18pm On Apr 04, 2017
shellybubu:
Please guys be informed... I was scammed of 10,500k by this person... this person claimed to be working with Sky Logistics...he requested I pay 10,500 for clearance fee. After paying the amount I later discovered it's was a scam... I was actually stupid and I accept... pls be guided and don't fall a victim of this. "Nelson Nosakhare''. He is a fraudster don't be misled.

Dear Miss, You have a parcel with our company, that was sent from London UK, arrived Nigeria Margaret Ekpo International Airport Calabar. Your Ref Number (#669973A) Please kindly come for pick-up or contact the delivery agent in-charge for the week on

Where you scammed or where you almost scammed?

Your previous posts in other threads says otherwise
Re: Jiji Scam by Analee(f): 1:01pm On Apr 05, 2017
danosky91:
Hello,
so all ds tins dat pple av bin shoutn here dat jiji is d headquaters of everytin scam includn der jobs,u no c shop to go buy fone?anyway u get moni i dey feel u.
Re: Jiji Scam by Royce20: 12:50am On Apr 12, 2017
shellybubu:
Please guys be informed... I was scammed of 10,500k by this person... this person claimed to be working with Sky Logistics...he requested I pay 10,500 for clearance fee. After paying the amount I later discovered it's was a scam... I was actually stupid and I accept... pls be guided and don't fall a victim of this. "Nelson Nosakhare''. He is a fraudster don't be misled.

How could you have fallen for such a cheap scam. Whr you expecting any parcel abroad. Or you dreamt Whr you got a parcel from abroad. I am curious koz that scam is to cheap to me. Anyways, sorry for your loss.
Re: Jiji Scam by jose556(m): 2:05am On Apr 12, 2017
shellybubu:

You were being greedy... Hoping to rip where you did not plant. A random guy must have promised you assorted goods.

(1) (Reply)

Visit Here For Relationship Advice / Honey For Sale In Large Quantities / How To Make Money By Selling Products Using Email Marketing - Free Course

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.