Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

DSS Probes Ex-governor’s ‘link’ With Militia Leader (photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS Probes Ex-governor’s ‘link’ With Militia Leader (photo) (14197 Views)

Five Killed In Suicide Attack On Mosque In Nigeria, Militia Leader Says / Police Arrest “Urban Gorrilla” Niger-Delta Avengers Militant/Gang Leader (Photo) / Governor Bindow Visits Suntai, Ex-Governor Who Survived A Plane Crash. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

DSS Probes Ex-governor’s ‘link’ With Militia Leader (photo) by Islie: 7:28am On Mar 02, 2017
•Suswam accused of building armoury

•Associates: he’s a man of peace

Former Governor Gabriel Suswam is being probed by the Department of State Services (DSS) for his alleged link with a militia leader, Terwaze Akwazza (a.k.a Gana), The Nation learnt yesterday.

Three Benue State local government areas – Logo, Katsina-Ala and Ukum – are said to be in Akwazza’s grip.

The secret service is also investigating the ex-governor for allegedly building an armoury in his mansion, which is under construction in Makurdi.

Among those building the mansion, which is said to be close to the Ministry of Agriculture in the state capital, are three Israelis.

But a source close to Suswam yesterday said he suspected a frame-up by the ex-governor’s rivals.
Suswam was trying to meet bail terms as at press time. He has been in detention for five days.

According to a security source, who pleaded not to be named because he is not permitted to talk to the media, if Suswam is found to be innocent, the DSS will free him.

The source said: “The DSS is looking into the activities of a militia leader in Benue State, Terwaze Akwazza (a.k.a Gana) whose group has been terrorising innocent villagers.

“From security reports, the gang leader has held hostage three local governments – Logo, Katsina-Ala and Ukum. His group is running a mini-government in the affected local councils with locals paying obeisance, remitting funds and now even taking disputes to the group’s court.

“Although Akwazza initially embraced the Amnesty Programme of the state government, he later reneged and returned to his base in mountainous areas. It is from there that his boys have been killing and maiming innocent citizens.

“The situation in Benue, especially in the three local governments, is getting closer to how Boko Haram started and security agencies cannot sit idle without looking at all clues.”

Some indigenes of Benue have alleged that there is a link between Suswam and Akwazza. “At a point, we got reports that Akwazza boys were providing security for the former governor instead of the Police and the DSS,” the source said.

Besides, it was alleged that the former governor was in touch with Akwazza even after the militia leader had been declared wanted.

“Detectives are probing whether Suswam facilitated an interview for Akwazza with a television station. There are so many angles to this case,” he said.

Detectives are said to have discovered that the militia leader was heavily armed during the 2015 general elections by some chieftains of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

“But after the poll, the group became unbearable and started waging guerilla attacks on villagers in Benue State.

“This is why we invited the ex-governor to explain his own side. We have not said Suswam is guilty. We are holding him to assist our investigation,” the source said.

Security agencies are also investigating alleged building of an armoury by the ex-governor.

Three Israelis are said to be part of the project but we are yet to establish their role in the bunker,” the DSS source told The Nation.

The DSS on Sunday detained Suswam over the recovery of some guns, ammunition, and 45 keys of “exotic” cars from two vehicles linked with him.

It also said 21 Certificates of Occupancy (C of Os) and 23 designer watches were discovered in the vehicles – a Mercedes Benz S550 (BWR 135AH), and a Masarati 4.7 (BWR 207 AJ).

The weapons recovered from the two vehicles are (i) Glock pistol with two (2) magazines and a total of Twenty-Nine (29) rounds of ammunition; (ii) Mini-Uzi with two (2) magazines containing 10 rounds and 4 rounds respectively; (iii) Forty-two (42) extra rounds of ammunition contained in a pack; and (iv) One (1) AK-47.

As at yesterday, Suswam was battling for bail through his lawyers.

He has been allowed access to his wife and counsel to prepare his defence under caution.

Another source said: “The DSS has not molested him. His wife brought meals for him on Tuesday. As soon as he meets bail terms, we will release him.”

But Suswam’s friends and associates have attributed his arrest to “bitter partisan politics in Benue State”.

One said:” I don’t have any fact, but I suspect that politics is at play. Suswam is not a violent leader; he has no basis for arming any militia.”

Another associate said: “The DSS should go and read the handover note from Suswam to Governor Samuel Ortom where reference was made to the activities of Akwazza and his men.

“If Suswam was sponsoring the gang, he would not guide Ortom on how to tackle insecurity. It is all politics, despite the fact that the ex-governor has been cooperative with his successor.

“To demonstrate his commitment to peace, the ex-governor recently reconciled with Governor Ortom by visiting him. Suswam is a symbol of peace.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/dss-probes-ex-governors-link-militia-leader/

lalasticlala

Re: DSS Probes Ex-governor’s ‘link’ With Militia Leader (photo) by edoboy33(m): 7:29am On Mar 02, 2017
thief you will soon be KANU roommate in kuje prison
Ftc

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DSS Probes Ex-governor’s ‘link’ With Militia Leader (photo) by benuejosh: 7:31am On Mar 02, 2017
I'll tell you something about this Man called suswam(BLACK CAT)

Life of suswam: He calls himself the BLACK CAT OF BENUE.

1. Killing of innocent souls most especially spiritual fathers led by his killer machines: Spako and Gana. in the suswam era you dare not make a comment and relate it with his administration because two days are too much for you to stay alive as his killer men would take you down. Every one was living in fear as he littered informant all over the town.

2. No feasible project was carried out during his tenure rather on a daily basis he milked benue dry.

3. It has been alleged that Suswam left a deficit of over N107billion. this was made known by the Justice Kpochi led committee of inquiry set up to investigate the mishandling of funds in his administration. thus makes me wonder, How much does benue generate as revenue that he left the state with such huge debt, How much is the state annual budget, how much is the state monthly allocation from the FG, ... so many questions to ask. yet a debt of over N107billion.

4. With no visible projects, suswam has properties littered all over the state, country and beyond with a five star hotel in South Africa, all during his tenure as a governor. To be candid enough, the best structures in Benue are owned by this man. Suswam is not a business Man.

5. The death rate of people in benue due to starvation during his tenure has never been experienced in benue before.

6. He has dropped benue in the ditch they are today when he started owing salaries and pensions for over 8months. When the union of pensioners raised their voices, the only thing he had to say was this, even people who are alive have not eaten is it those who are dead that should be fed? On other instances, he said, he hear people complaining that there is no money and no food yet when he drives by he perceive the smell of shi!t everywhere. imagine what a governor saying when people are dying of starvation. and you dare not say anything else my number one would come to play.

7. Sleeping with BSU girls and buying them choice cars and houses was he priority. while a permanent secretary or director would be begging for lift. maybe he recovered all the cars he bought for those girls that's why the 45 car keys was discovered.

8. I spent 6 years in school just to graduate for a course of 4years, why? he refused to pay lecturers and they kept going on strike. because most of them used his administration as a case study while lecturing.

9. The death of not just spiritual leaders but also prominent people in the state was done during his tenure, even uptill now there are some cases of death in the state that are linked to him. most recently the death of the former bursar COE, as i saw on frontpage days back.

Benue HAS been in Jubilation since his arrest.

10. I know his men will try to trace me out as i have said all this, it's in their nature but no Qualms, God pass them, they can't fit.

11. Benue guys or people who live in benue will always be scared apart from Omenka who seems to be courageous.

12. i can go on and on but let me stop here, nairalanders hate long write ups. Others can continue.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DSS Probes Ex-governor’s ‘link’ With Militia Leader (photo) by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 7:31am On Mar 02, 2017
Persecuting the opposition
Re: DSS Probes Ex-governor’s ‘link’ With Militia Leader (photo) by Nobody: 7:33am On Mar 02, 2017
DSS pls EPP with Akpabio, Chime and Obi...Lord hear our prayers.

Mynd44 day don break for Obalende park oh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DSS Probes Ex-governor’s ‘link’ With Militia Leader (photo) by AngelicBeing: 7:36am On Mar 02, 2017
""It also said 21 Certificates of Occupancy (C of Os) and 23 designer watches were discovered in the vehicles – a Mercedes Benz S550 (BWR 135AH), and a Masarati 4.7 (BWR 207 AJ).

The weapons recovered from the two vehicles are (i) Glock pistol with two (2) magazines and a total of Twenty-Nine (29) rounds of ammunition; (ii) Mini-Uzi with two (2) magazines containing 10 rounds and 4 rounds respectively; (iii) Forty-two (42) extra rounds of ammunition contained in a pack; and (iv) One (1) AK-47"".

Just imagine what this criminal accumulated while he was raping Benue State, Useless governors that have emptied their respective state treasury

4 Likes

Re: DSS Probes Ex-governor’s ‘link’ With Militia Leader (photo) by Gozzzy(m): 7:37am On Mar 02, 2017
edoboy33:
no be everybody get brain... I truly understand your plight.

10 Likes

Re: DSS Probes Ex-governor’s ‘link’ With Militia Leader (photo) by Jabioro: 7:50am On Mar 02, 2017
At top, middle, and grassroots.. serial criminals has occupied it.. May the mighty hand of God safe us.

1 Like

Re: DSS Probes Ex-governor’s ‘link’ With Militia Leader (photo) by dabwan123(m): 8:07am On Mar 02, 2017
Ok
Re: DSS Probes Ex-governor’s ‘link’ With Militia Leader (photo) by Benjom(m): 8:08am On Mar 02, 2017
Afisuru

1 Like

Re: DSS Probes Ex-governor’s ‘link’ With Militia Leader (photo) by oluseyiforjesus(m): 8:08am On Mar 02, 2017
K
Re: DSS Probes Ex-governor’s ‘link’ With Militia Leader (photo) by Donald7610: 8:08am On Mar 02, 2017
All the northern governor's hands are dirty
Re: DSS Probes Ex-governor’s ‘link’ With Militia Leader (photo) by benuejosh: 8:11am On Mar 02, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
will you shut up! You need to see how happy the benue people are about this development. it serves him right.

2 Likes

Re: DSS Probes Ex-governor’s ‘link’ With Militia Leader (photo) by zicoraads: 8:11am On Mar 02, 2017
G. Suswam! They shouldn't just arrest him alone, they should also pick all the top members of his government. If not for anything, his SSG at that time insulted me, simply because I was dating her brother's daughter. The useless girl even threatened to shoot me when I broke up with her. It really felt good when I did grin

Those e-diots raped and plundered Benue State. Then had the audacity to walk around like they were gods. The most annoying one was this idiots brother. That one had a convoy like he was a government executive. And then we had those idiots that were always carrying themselves in Makurdi. Their kids in BSU and its environs. They stole from us and gave us the middle finger.

As for Ghana, his end is near. For colluding with Fulani herdsmen and causing intense hardship on your people, your death will be a very brutal one. Mark my words!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DSS Probes Ex-governor’s ‘link’ With Militia Leader (photo) by pweshboi(m): 8:12am On Mar 02, 2017
This country matter tire me o.... And all this state governors will be saying they can't afford to pay salaries to their workers... Make I think abek

2 Likes

Re: DSS Probes Ex-governor’s ‘link’ With Militia Leader (photo) by Raintaker(m): 8:15am On Mar 02, 2017
O ga o
Re: DSS Probes Ex-governor’s ‘link’ With Militia Leader (photo) by Nobody: 8:17am On Mar 02, 2017
Despite repeated warnings from people around me that I am not suited to the task. I have been thinking a lot lately about life and death.
So I thought if truly 90% of human population will end up in hell. Maybe ending up in hell wouldn't be so bad.
Especially if most of our former military heads of state Babaginda, Ojukwu, Obasanjo, Buhari, Abacha, Ironsi and Co will be there.
With those fellas around, we might just plan a coup, overthrow the devil and take over hell.

My only worry is that they will loot it dry.
Re: DSS Probes Ex-governor’s ‘link’ With Militia Leader (photo) by Nukualofa: 8:19am On Mar 02, 2017
Thats Good but when will President of Miyetti Allah be arrested
Re: DSS Probes Ex-governor’s ‘link’ With Militia Leader (photo) by bwise4godfwc: 8:20am On Mar 02, 2017
edoboy33:

Re: DSS Probes Ex-governor’s ‘link’ With Militia Leader (photo) by Grafixnuel(m): 8:22am On Mar 02, 2017
edoboy33:

I dunno the part of Edo u came from.. But I must say
You are engrossingly stúpid to always involve KANU and Biafra in ur crazy remarks

4 Likes

Re: DSS Probes Ex-governor’s ‘link’ With Militia Leader (photo) by wunmi590(m): 8:22am On Mar 02, 2017
1. No matter how beautiful and handsome you're just remember Baboon and Gorillas also attract tourists .
Stop Boasting

2.No matter how big and strong you are, you will not carry yourself to your Grave .
Be Humble

3.No matter how tall you are, you can never see tomorrow.
Be Patient

4.No matter how Light Skinned you are, you will always need light in Darkness Take Caution

5.No matter how Rich and many Cars you have, you will always Walk to Bed
Be Contented

Take Life Easy, Life is short.

WHAT A LIFE WE LIVE!

Have you taken note of the CO-INCIDENCE OF LIFE:

1. CHURCH has 6 letters so does MOSQUE.

2. BIBLE has 5 letters so does QURAN.

3. LIFE has 4 letters so does DEAD.

4. HATE has 4 letters, so does LOVE.

5. ENEMIES has 7 letters, so does FRIENDS.

6. LYING has 5 letters, so does TRUTH.

7. HURT has 4 letters, so does HEAL.

8. NEGATIVE has 8 letters, so does POSITIVE.

9. FAILURE has 7 letters, so does SUCCESS.

10. BELOW has 5 letters, so does ABOVE.

11. CRY has 3 letters so does JOY.

12. ANGER has 5 letters, so does HAPPY.

13. RIGHT has 5 letters, so does WRONG.

14. RICH has 4 letters, so does POOR.

15. FAIL has 4 letters, so does PASS.

16. KNOWLEDGE has 9 letters, so does IGNORANCE.

Are they all by Coincidence? We should choose wisely, this means LIFE is like a double-edged sword.
If you think it is your alarm clock that woke you up this morning, try putting it beside a dead body and you will realise that it is the grace of God that woke you up. If you are grateful to God, forward this to all your friends to inform them that it is JUST BY THE GRACE OF GOD that we are alive.

5 Likes

Re: DSS Probes Ex-governor’s ‘link’ With Militia Leader (photo) by leisuretym: 8:27am On Mar 02, 2017
imagine
Re: DSS Probes Ex-governor’s ‘link’ With Militia Leader (photo) by leisuretym: 8:29am On Mar 02, 2017
Duara Secret Service should leave this man alone, you can not ask people not to store arms nowadays as Fulani herdmen keep using uniform and other sort of trick to kill Agatu people and several others, you can seize the houses though
Re: DSS Probes Ex-governor’s ‘link’ With Militia Leader (photo) by abescom: 8:29am On Mar 02, 2017
K
Re: DSS Probes Ex-governor’s ‘link’ With Militia Leader (photo) by leisuretym: 8:30am On Mar 02, 2017
abescom:
K

kate
Re: DSS Probes Ex-governor’s ‘link’ With Militia Leader (photo) by victorazy(m): 8:33am On Mar 02, 2017
edoboy33:
Ftc

U no even get brain for believing this fake gov. Ask ursef who sponsors boko haram.
Re: DSS Probes Ex-governor’s ‘link’ With Militia Leader (photo) by oladapoa1(m): 8:37am On Mar 02, 2017
Reading through.... What went through my mind "we've got bad leaders"
They only leave us with crumbles, confusions and puzzles
Re: DSS Probes Ex-governor’s ‘link’ With Militia Leader (photo) by edoboy33(m): 8:41am On Mar 02, 2017
Grafixnuel:

I dunno the part of Edo u came from.. But I must say
You are engrossingly stúpid to always involve KANU and Biafra in ur crazy remarks
cool down bro
Re: DSS Probes Ex-governor’s ‘link’ With Militia Leader (photo) by profhezekiah: 8:42am On Mar 02, 2017
persecution? Even after seeing all those weapons in his car?
CROWNWEALTH019:

1 Like

Re: DSS Probes Ex-governor’s ‘link’ With Militia Leader (photo) by tinsel: 8:49am On Mar 02, 2017
See the real Fulani herdsmen. They are attacking Enugu and Benue state, and we all know Enugu share boundary with Benue.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fresh Electricity Tariff Hike Underway / Obiano Is An Igala Man From Ibaji LGA, Kogi State / Lai Mohammed: Nigerian Govt To Inject N50bn Into Entertainment Industry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.