Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,042 members, 7,818,090 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Senate Strips President, Minister Of Power To Allocate Oil Blocs - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Strips President, Minister Of Power To Allocate Oil Blocs (23604 Views)

I Will Allocate Oil Wells To Universities & Oil Producing Communities - Sowore / APC On Self-destruction...as Fresh Power Blocs Emerges / Niger Delta Militants Demand Return Of Oil Blocs Held By Northerners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Strips President, Minister Of Power To Allocate Oil Blocs by TippyTop(m): 11:32am On Mar 02, 2017
Good
Re: Senate Strips President, Minister Of Power To Allocate Oil Blocs by berrystunn(m): 11:34am On Mar 02, 2017
This is it
Re: Senate Strips President, Minister Of Power To Allocate Oil Blocs by Earth2Metahuman: 11:37am On Mar 02, 2017
And is NPRC and independent body? Cos that would defeat the whole purpose.

Its a good development. No more aboki president awarding all oil blocs to northerns.

1 Like

Re: Senate Strips President, Minister Of Power To Allocate Oil Blocs by airmark(m): 11:37am On Mar 02, 2017
" oil allocation would, henceforth, be executed by the Nigeria Petroleum Regulatory Commission (NPRC) subject to ratification by the National Assembly. "

That's where they will bring their knives to cut the national cake. These legislooters know what they are doing.

1 Like

Re: Senate Strips President, Minister Of Power To Allocate Oil Blocs by burkingx(f): 11:38am On Mar 02, 2017
sabama007:

I don't know about this administration not being transparent.

Even though they have failed me, I'm still giving them that 2nd chance for redemption

See one owf the people that failed you grin grin grin

Re: Senate Strips President, Minister Of Power To Allocate Oil Blocs by Grundig: 11:41am On Mar 02, 2017
airmark:
oil allocation would, henceforth, be executed by the Nigeria Petroleum Regulatory Commission (NPRC) subject to ratification by the National Assembly.

That's where they will bring their knives to cut the national cake. These legislooters know what they are doing.
Choi, I didn't see that part.

Anybody heading any of the petroleum committees and The senate leadership will be smiling.

1 Like

Re: Senate Strips President, Minister Of Power To Allocate Oil Blocs by airmark(m): 11:50am On Mar 02, 2017
Grundig:

Choi, I didn't see that part.

Anybody heading any of the petroleum committees and The senate leadership will be smiling.

Exactly. Many would think it's a good move. You hardly beat these thieves to their game.
Re: Senate Strips President, Minister Of Power To Allocate Oil Blocs by Nobody: 11:57am On Mar 02, 2017
burkingx:

See onr of the people that failed you grin grin grin

Chisos!

Are those real or it's a bank?
Re: Senate Strips President, Minister Of Power To Allocate Oil Blocs by ceejay4real(m): 11:57am On Mar 02, 2017
Buhari would never accent to the bill so far as it removes the power to allocate oil blocks from the President and Minister of Petroleum Resources. Quote me anywhere any day!
Re: Senate Strips President, Minister Of Power To Allocate Oil Blocs by Charly68: 12:02pm On Mar 02, 2017
Most move from this senate are done in bad fate...
Re: Senate Strips President, Minister Of Power To Allocate Oil Blocs by OlujobaSamuel: 12:03pm On Mar 02, 2017
nothing good about this. minority(oil producing areas) do not have the numbers to allocate oil blocks to their advantage, only an absolute power(one person, that is, presidency) can grant them, if the president isnt favorable, there is likelihood of getting one after four years, but having to override the NASS population is not likely in anyway.
Re: Senate Strips President, Minister Of Power To Allocate Oil Blocs by Incrizz(f): 12:10pm On Mar 02, 2017
Nice Nice!
Re: Senate Strips President, Minister Of Power To Allocate Oil Blocs by Incrizz(f): 12:12pm On Mar 02, 2017
seguno2:
Is that due to the fact that Osinbajo is about to take over from the sick old man in London?
Are we really in ONE Nigeria?

No.
I see his hand in this. Osibanjo.
Re: Senate Strips President, Minister Of Power To Allocate Oil Blocs by ORACULUM(m): 12:14pm On Mar 02, 2017
If i hear...when the topic says differently what the body is saying...mthcew
Re: Senate Strips President, Minister Of Power To Allocate Oil Blocs by Nobody: 12:21pm On Mar 02, 2017
Just the change of names, and documents.
Like PDP to APC political party.

Come and build industries, infrastructures, facilities for jobs creation for us now there is cease blowing up of pipelines in South south and southeast of Niger delta; before there would be change of minds.

1 Like

Re: Senate Strips President, Minister Of Power To Allocate Oil Blocs by justinceejay(m): 12:50pm On Mar 02, 2017
Daslim180:
Ok

Which one is deportion again??
Re: Senate Strips President, Minister Of Power To Allocate Oil Blocs by seguno2: 12:51pm On Mar 02, 2017
Incrizz:
No.
I see his hand in this. Osibanjo.

How do you mean?
Is Osinbajo a senator?

1 Like

Re: Senate Strips President, Minister Of Power To Allocate Oil Blocs by str8talk1: 12:54pm On Mar 02, 2017
Good radiance to bad rub.bish.
Re: Senate Strips President, Minister Of Power To Allocate Oil Blocs by Max24: 12:59pm On Mar 02, 2017
Thieves!!! Subject to ratification by National Assembly. They are not satisfied with making laws alone, they want to join in executive actions.
Re: Senate Strips President, Minister Of Power To Allocate Oil Blocs by burkingx(f): 1:01pm On Mar 02, 2017
sabama007:

Chisos!

Are those real or it's a bank?
....For real !

IT WAS FROM THE BANK OF ANDREW YAKUBU LTD. grin grin grin

Re: Senate Strips President, Minister Of Power To Allocate Oil Blocs by erico2k2(m): 1:01pm On Mar 02, 2017
Chikelue2000:
u r funny. Tell me what's funny up there. Really a nice development for me
ahahaha U k now some people just comment without understanding the subject matter free the guy,Y on earth would the president be the one to allocate Oil blocs if not that we are doomed, abeg VP hurry B4 baba come bck
Re: Senate Strips President, Minister Of Power To Allocate Oil Blocs by erico2k2(m): 1:03pm On Mar 02, 2017
Earth2Metahuman:
And is NPRC and independent body? Cos that would defeat the whole purpose.

Its a good development. No more aboki president awarding all oil blocs to northerns.
there would still be woru wuru for sure, but this is a different ball game now, people from where the Oil is taken might just get a say to owning ine,For me I think it would be a good idea to award at least one bloc to each producing community for thier own development and monitored by the FG.
Re: Senate Strips President, Minister Of Power To Allocate Oil Blocs by Sleekydee(m): 1:13pm On Mar 02, 2017
chai dem wan scrap DPR, ma application nko, why is it that when i join something e must to pack up..Aye le o, Ibosi ooooo
Re: Senate Strips President, Minister Of Power To Allocate Oil Blocs by Booksy(m): 1:15pm On Mar 02, 2017
Who will now have the power? I guess the Senate President abi.
Re: Senate Strips President, Minister Of Power To Allocate Oil Blocs by Incrizz(f): 1:29pm On Mar 02, 2017
seguno2:

How do you mean?
Is Osinbajo a senator?

Lol..but he doesn't have to be.
Hold on, let me call someone.

Babacele, what's your take on my statement below?

Re: Senate Strips President, Minister Of Power To Allocate Oil Blocs by KanwuliaExtra: 1:54pm On Mar 02, 2017
All PREVIOUSLY ACQUIRED oil blocks should be confiscated too!
Resources meant for A WHOLE COUNTRY sold to individuals, while 90% of the country wallows in ABJECT POVERTY? undecided
Mrs. BABANGIDDA-ALAKIJA take note! wink

1 Like

Re: Senate Strips President, Minister Of Power To Allocate Oil Blocs by koladebrainiac(m): 2:56pm On Mar 02, 2017
the only thing that is making this Senate sitting up and trying to muzzle the executive is coz the excutive is not oiling their pocket like before. now they are looking for every lacuna to strip executive of everything . that explain why Dino Melaye messing the FG on signing bills upandan
Re: Senate Strips President, Minister Of Power To Allocate Oil Blocs by sshalom(m): 3:02pm On Mar 02, 2017
Good development!
Re: Senate Strips President, Minister Of Power To Allocate Oil Blocs by Nobody: 3:16pm On Mar 02, 2017
`
Re: Senate Strips President, Minister Of Power To Allocate Oil Blocs by DTaj: 3:24pm On Mar 02, 2017
Too many clowns in that useless Senate! Imagine stripping the President and the Minister of the roles that had been there since independence and giving the roles to the same National Assembly! Oh, so that they could corrupt the system by asking for bribes in the name of "ratification" by the National Assembly!

The current National Assembly is the most disruptive in Nigeria's history. They give orders about things purely under the purview of the Executive! If they wish to join the Executive, they should scrap the National Assembly by their own accord. Corrupt clowns.

Anyway, the proposed law is dead on arrival! Buhari won't sign it. Even Jonathan who was well known to be so gentle, too docile, and a bit daft, refused to sign some laws too. And they will never get the funny two-third votes of both chambers to veto the President. So, this law is pure amusement like the court of Baba Sala, Ali Baba, Basketmouth and others.
Re: Senate Strips President, Minister Of Power To Allocate Oil Blocs by Nobody: 4:36pm On Mar 02, 2017
Grundig:
As long as the Nigeria Petroleum Regulatory Commission (NPRC) takes orders from the presidency/executive then this bill if pass won't make much difference.

Having said that, Im in full support of the intention here. If a danjuma and indimi can own oil blocks in Niger delta, so can a tamuno and ibitimi own oil blocks when lake Chad basin is ready.

I agree with your view.

The only way this new commission will be effective is by making it a truly independent agency, and guaranteeing its annual funding via First-line charge budgeting.
Re: Senate Strips President, Minister Of Power To Allocate Oil Blocs by mikolo80: 5:09pm On Mar 02, 2017
Chikelue2000:
u r funny. Tell me what's funny up there. Really a nice development for me
who will appoint the head of the commission

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ezekwesili To Buhari: Hope You Aren’t Planning To Bury ‘$25bn NNPC Scandal’ / PHOTOS: Buhari Arrives In Sokoto To Condole With Family Of Shehu Shagari / We Have Paid December, 13th-month Salaries To Workers – Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.