Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,988 members, 7,825,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

Rachel Dolezal Changes Her Name To Nkechi Amare Diallo - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Rachel Dolezal Changes Her Name To Nkechi Amare Diallo (66674 Views)

Nkechi Alexandra Kingsley: Lagos Polytechnic Best Graduating Student Employed / Oforkaja Chiamaka Rachel‎, FUTO Undergraduate Slays In Birthday Photos / Nkechi Chidi-Ogbolu Bags PHD Scholarship At University Of California At Age 18 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rachel Dolezal Changes Her Name To Nkechi Amare Diallo by ragiluhivo(m): 1:44pm On Mar 02, 2017
Rachel Dolezal, the former head of Spokane, Washington's NAACP chapter who claimed to be black before her parents 'outed' her as white, officially changed her name to Nkechi Amare Diallo in a Washington court in October, legal documents obtained by DailyMail.com show.
Nkechi, short for Nkechinyere, is a name that originates from the Igbo language of Nigeria and means 'what god has given' or 'gift of god.'
Diallo, meaning 'bold,' is a last name of Fula origin. The Fula people are a Muslim ethnic group thought to have roots in the Middle East and North Africa, who are now widely dispersed across West Africa.

Since the revelation about her race two years ago, Dolezal, 39, has had a difficult time patching her reputation back together and providing for herself and three children.

After applying for more than 100 jobs, including a position at the university where she used to teach, she says that no employer will hire her. A friend reportedly helped her pay two months of rent and Dolezal said she expects to be homeless.
Shortly after her name change last fall, though, Dolezal employed her newfound identity to try to garner a small amount of positive attention.

She started a Change.org petition in October urging the TEDx organization to post one of her controversial speeches from April, 2016 at the University of Idaho. She listed the petition under Nkechi Diallo, never mentioning her birth name.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4271436/Rachel-Dolezal-changes-Nkechi-Diallo.html#ixzz4aAi2cvmB

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rachel Dolezal Changes Her Name To Nkechi Amare Diallo by kechywillz(m): 1:50pm On Mar 02, 2017
Nawa oh undecided

1 Like

Re: Rachel Dolezal Changes Her Name To Nkechi Amare Diallo by thonyrule(m): 1:50pm On Mar 02, 2017
Good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rachel Dolezal Changes Her Name To Nkechi Amare Diallo by LAFO: 1:55pm On Mar 02, 2017
Nkechi

Adaobi

Welcome home

148 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Rachel Dolezal Changes Her Name To Nkechi Amare Diallo by Jabioro: 1:57pm On Mar 02, 2017
I pity you, if you know what black are going through you will never opted to do so, and to make the matter worst you now choose a name from Nigeria.. Ha yah yah yaaah! I know you nothing about your choice of name and the country.. I beg heat won kill me no light..

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rachel Dolezal Changes Her Name To Nkechi Amare Diallo by kollynxofodile(m): 2:11pm On Mar 02, 2017
Jabioro:
I pity you, if you know what black are going through you will never opted to do so, and to make the matter worst you now choose a name from Nigeria.. Ha yah yah yaaah! I know you nothing about your choice of name and the country.. I beg heat won kill me no light..
U just spoke like man without self confident

I pray ur children will not think like u

287 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Rachel Dolezal Changes Her Name To Nkechi Amare Diallo by Jabioro: 2:13pm On Mar 02, 2017
kollynxofodile:
Amen...!!!

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rachel Dolezal Changes Her Name To Nkechi Amare Diallo by ragiluhivo(m): 2:21pm On Mar 02, 2017
kollynxofodile:

Honestly the dude has inferiority complex

152 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Rachel Dolezal Changes Her Name To Nkechi Amare Diallo by Kennyodinye(m): 2:44pm On Mar 02, 2017
Jabioro:
Spotted

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rachel Dolezal Changes Her Name To Nkechi Amare Diallo by Ahmadgani(m): 2:55pm On Mar 02, 2017
The fourth guy that replied this post has low self esteem.

77 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Rachel Dolezal Changes Her Name To Nkechi Amare Diallo by edoboy33(m): 2:56pm On Mar 02, 2017
the rising sun people no go let us hear word again

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rachel Dolezal Changes Her Name To Nkechi Amare Diallo by Nobody: 3:04pm On Mar 02, 2017
I don't know why she chose to be a Igbo instead of an Afanji or a Malu grin grin grin

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Rachel Dolezal Changes Her Name To Nkechi Amare Diallo by Onyenna(m): 3:15pm On Mar 02, 2017
Ahmadgani:
The fourth guy that replied this post has low self esteem.

Gbam!

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rachel Dolezal Changes Her Name To Nkechi Amare Diallo by petermungai: 3:47pm On Mar 02, 2017
I wish you could have taken kenyan name instead of this from poor nigerians,take name like Njeri,Wambui,wangari mathaai,names of sunstance
Re: Rachel Dolezal Changes Her Name To Nkechi Amare Diallo by PetrePan(m): 3:55pm On Mar 02, 2017
So,must we knw about it..her choice..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rachel Dolezal Changes Her Name To Nkechi Amare Diallo by Earth2Metahuman: 3:57pm On Mar 02, 2017
So what do you want us to do about it?
Start a carnival?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rachel Dolezal Changes Her Name To Nkechi Amare Diallo by Mrhaven(m): 4:07pm On Mar 02, 2017
Jabioro:
Afonja patriarch spotted, na them with inferiority complex

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Rachel Dolezal Changes Her Name To Nkechi Amare Diallo by xecuter(m): 4:08pm On Mar 02, 2017
petermungai:
I wish you could have taken kenyan name instead of this from poor nigerians,take name like Njeri,Wambui,wangari mathaai,names of sunstance
tozo kenyan rabbit

15 Likes

Re: Rachel Dolezal Changes Her Name To Nkechi Amare Diallo by Nobody: 4:08pm On Mar 02, 2017
petermungai:

or moonstance grin

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rachel Dolezal Changes Her Name To Nkechi Amare Diallo by Okosta(m): 4:09pm On Mar 02, 2017
the lady is so wise to have thinked of getting biafran passport by name. kudos to the lady we will consider her when time reach

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rachel Dolezal Changes Her Name To Nkechi Amare Diallo by Davidblen(m): 4:13pm On Mar 02, 2017
Nkechi

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rachel Dolezal Changes Her Name To Nkechi Amare Diallo by absoluteSuccess: 4:19pm On Mar 02, 2017
Affection driven change.

Some whites are deeply affectionate with the aura of the black man, and many blacks feels the same way towards whites. Even in slave trade era,

Many whites are opposed to slave trade believing that the black man is no different from white other than skin colour. But others are very ruthless with the blacks.

There were whites among the conductors of underground tunnels where blacks running away from enslavers from southern America passes through to freedom up north, before the civil war.

There were whites among black protesting for civil right back in the days of Luther king.

Everywhere, some are affectionate, some are not, but very hateful.

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Rachel Dolezal Changes Her Name To Nkechi Amare Diallo by fernandoc(m): 4:20pm On Mar 02, 2017
Nkechi nwanyi oma u are always welcome. See as she fine like real nwa afo igbo!

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rachel Dolezal Changes Her Name To Nkechi Amare Diallo by petermungai: 4:30pm On Mar 02, 2017
xecuter small brains
Re: Rachel Dolezal Changes Her Name To Nkechi Amare Diallo by petermungai: 4:34pm On Mar 02, 2017
poor reporting we need not to know this whether she changes name or not none of our business poor poor nigerians

1 Like

Re: Rachel Dolezal Changes Her Name To Nkechi Amare Diallo by NaWetinDey(m): 5:00pm On Mar 02, 2017
One good gesture to Nigeria. I pledge to Nigeria our wretched home, to b....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rachel Dolezal Changes Her Name To Nkechi Amare Diallo by wayne4loan: 5:11pm On Mar 02, 2017
Nkechi adaobi ... We are proud of our jewish sister

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rachel Dolezal Changes Her Name To Nkechi Amare Diallo by Idydarling(f): 5:33pm On Mar 02, 2017
she for change her name to Ekaette now

2 Likes

Re: Rachel Dolezal Changes Her Name To Nkechi Amare Diallo by VulgarLee(m): 5:48pm On Mar 02, 2017
proudly flats cheesy

afonjas no go like dis one cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy[color=#006600][/color]

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rachel Dolezal Changes Her Name To Nkechi Amare Diallo by Nobody: 6:19pm On Mar 02, 2017
ggg
Re: Rachel Dolezal Changes Her Name To Nkechi Amare Diallo by AMAUCHESKY(m): 7:01pm On Mar 02, 2017
hmmmm dear i better you wait till biafra comes o, because for now we are under confussion
Re: Rachel Dolezal Changes Her Name To Nkechi Amare Diallo by agadez007(m): 7:34pm On Mar 02, 2017
petermungai:
I wish you could have taken kenyan name instead of this from poor nigerians,take name like [b]Njeri,Wambui,wangari mathaai,[/b]names of sunstance
those sounds like names of Animals
No be only wangari,na wrangler jean

32 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Taraba State University ASUU Resumes Indefinite Strike / A Trillion-tons Iceberg, 4 Times The Size Of London Broke-off Antarctica(photos) / The Library Emeka Offor Is Building In Daura Is 98% Completed (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.