Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,794 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:04 PM

Nationwide Implementation Of The Cashless Policy. Is This Fair On Nigerians? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nationwide Implementation Of The Cashless Policy. Is This Fair On Nigerians? (19502 Views)

Cashless Policy Will Only Affect 10% Of Nigerians / Polaris Bank's Notice Of Cashless Policy Implementation / CBN Suspends New Cashless Policy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nationwide Implementation Of The Cashless Policy. Is This Fair On Nigerians? by Nobody: 8:15am On Mar 03, 2017
zubinike:

its 7500 for 500k oga.......1.5% is not 150k

Anyone at least e pass N2k.
Re: Nationwide Implementation Of The Cashless Policy. Is This Fair On Nigerians? by repogirl(f): 8:18am On Mar 03, 2017
OP, why will you be carrying around five million naira cash? Only shady people with shady businesses do that.
Re: Nationwide Implementation Of The Cashless Policy. Is This Fair On Nigerians? by Nobody: 8:19am On Mar 03, 2017
MrPresident1:
Satanic agenda.
God pass all of una cheesy

Setting the stage for the mark of the beast, 666.
Re: Nationwide Implementation Of The Cashless Policy. Is This Fair On Nigerians? by agabusta: 8:19am On Mar 03, 2017
SillyeRabbit:
Are they saying if I want to deposit 5Million naira into my bank account, the bank will deduct 150,000 naira? For What?

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

They are saying, from where you got the 5m, simply tell the person to transfer to your account. Instead of receiving cash.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nationwide Implementation Of The Cashless Policy. Is This Fair On Nigerians? by nan1: 8:19am On Mar 03, 2017
NO BIG DEAL SPLIT THE MONEY AND PAY CASE CLOSED
Re: Nationwide Implementation Of The Cashless Policy. Is This Fair On Nigerians? by swagifted(m): 8:22am On Mar 03, 2017
willian10:
I'm not understanding, I know it's GTbank that'll first bring it up, those people charged me N500+ for SMS last month on top say most of the alert na after 2 hours after the transaction

Anyway na still May/August, Dem fit don comot the person that came up with this rubbish implementation, shaybee dem people wey dey get $$$ for wardrobe/septic tank. This kain policy no fit affect them, they're encouraging more of that angry

I'm still buying iTunes giftcard sha, I won't collect any percentage and it's cashless grin, so bring ham now wink
got to customer care, tell them you want to review your account application form, un-tick the "SMS notification alert "...from the word Go i intentionally did not tick it, ticked only Email alert.
Re: Nationwide Implementation Of The Cashless Policy. Is This Fair On Nigerians? by wunmi2odun(m): 8:23am On Mar 03, 2017
Mr2kay2:
Thank God lagos is not among
This nigga just finished smoking ogbese weed grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nationwide Implementation Of The Cashless Policy. Is This Fair On Nigerians? by texazzpete(m): 8:24am On Mar 03, 2017
SillyeRabbit:
Are they saying if I want to deposit 5Million naira into my bank account, the bank will deduct 150,000 naira? For What?

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I cannot think of any scenario where someone will need to carry and deposit 5 million naira in cash for an individual account.
Re: Nationwide Implementation Of The Cashless Policy. Is This Fair On Nigerians? by Nobody: 8:34am On Mar 03, 2017
kechywillz:

Because it's obtainable in other countries,it's should be implemented here,why can't Nigerian enact their own monetary policy then copying other countries which are more advanced than it is

Do not mind them.

The same way we copied demoncracy and it has failed us woefully.

1 Like

Re: Nationwide Implementation Of The Cashless Policy. Is This Fair On Nigerians? by Nobody: 8:40am On Mar 03, 2017
ThinkSmarter:
its a, way of generating revenue from the high income earners inform of taxation.
There is nothing evil about it.
The money realised will in turn be remitted into the federal treasury.
It's a good policy if I may say.

You are only looking at it from the face value

How looters did bvn catch? How have been convicted?

My guy most policies in the govt are geared towards paving way for the anti-christ, take or leave it.
Re: Nationwide Implementation Of The Cashless Policy. Is This Fair On Nigerians? by hoodmenconcept(m): 8:44am On Mar 03, 2017
An economist will always welcome this development.

It reduces govt expenditure on printing money
It's secure, easy and fast.
It makes ease business in the market; mention in few.
Re: Nationwide Implementation Of The Cashless Policy. Is This Fair On Nigerians? by oluwaahmed: 8:45am On Mar 03, 2017
Ever since Bubu has bn missin d CBN intellectual minds hav bn workin. This is a welcome development. Osinbajo is workin. Dollardinho can remain in uk 4 all I care & be a ceremonial president.
Re: Nationwide Implementation Of The Cashless Policy. Is This Fair On Nigerians? by akigbemaru: 8:46am On Mar 03, 2017
Cashless!
Re: Nationwide Implementation Of The Cashless Policy. Is This Fair On Nigerians? by Nobody: 8:50am On Mar 03, 2017
rusher14:
So if I receive 1 million Naira, the banks that weren't involved in my hustle would take 20K as eye wey see?

Do you actually know what this policy is about?
Re: Nationwide Implementation Of The Cashless Policy. Is This Fair On Nigerians? by Abbymart777(m): 8:52am On Mar 03, 2017
the federal govt should lead by example by ensuring that all institutions under them comply with the cashless policy.last week i was to pay some money at national orthopaedic hospital ,igbobi. i was told to pay cash that they don't use POS. i had to go thru the stress of looking for my bank to withdraw three hundred thousand to pay at the hospital.

1 Like

Re: Nationwide Implementation Of The Cashless Policy. Is This Fair On Nigerians? by Nobody: 8:52am On Mar 03, 2017
kechywillz:
So if I save much money in my bank account, programming to use it for a project,when it matures n I want to withdraw my hard earned money,bank will deduct charges for no just reason. Na God go punish una

Whatever happened to transfers? undecided

Or you want to carry Ghana-must-go to go withdraw the money from the bank? undecided
Re: Nationwide Implementation Of The Cashless Policy. Is This Fair On Nigerians? by rusher14: 8:52am On Mar 03, 2017
masonkz:

Do you actually know what this policy is about?

No I don't you can actually see the question mark at the end of my statement.
Re: Nationwide Implementation Of The Cashless Policy. Is This Fair On Nigerians? by Nobody: 8:53am On Mar 03, 2017
Dam it
Re: Nationwide Implementation Of The Cashless Policy. Is This Fair On Nigerians? by hush15: 8:54am On Mar 03, 2017
Youngzedd:
Why should you carry such huge cash in the first place

The only reason they don't want to embrace Internet banking, mobile banking is from been tracked when they want to launder money.

Embrace cashless policy for the safety of your life and others.

If you're dealings are pure, you shouldn't worry about this policy.

The funnies part is that even those who do not have 1/9 of the said sum are the ones making a lot of noise, I wonder if they didn't read where cash deposit and withdrawal was mentioned.

Abucha m here.

Stop commenting ignorantly, these bank rape the masses knowing they don't have the capacity to fight back. Goin by your thought, they should have just reserved their charges for the rich which the ones who have 50m and above. How much is 5mil for an individual. Even promos and rewarding events don't even mention 5m as prize money anymore because they know it's not valuable in recent times. So why not start from 25mil for individuals and 50mil for corporate entities.

Banks just raping Nigerians of their hard earn money of which the same banks uses our hard earn to trade without tangible interest on our monies for such use.

So shush and think before you talk

1 Like

Re: Nationwide Implementation Of The Cashless Policy. Is This Fair On Nigerians? by buoye1(m): 8:55am On Mar 03, 2017
Youngzedd:

This policy is only for CASH WITHDRAWAL AND DEPOSIT.

It doesn't affect e-banking.
Thanks... E-banking straight up.!
Re: Nationwide Implementation Of The Cashless Policy. Is This Fair On Nigerians? by Nobody: 8:55am On Mar 03, 2017
rusher14:

No I don't you can actually see the question mark at the end of my statement.

There's a reason it's called CASHLESS, meaning it only applies if you're withdrawing that one million naira of yours IN CASH from the bank.

I want to believe many of your transactions that involve cash of that amount would be done via mobile transfers, internet banking, etc. No?
Re: Nationwide Implementation Of The Cashless Policy. Is This Fair On Nigerians? by Nobody: 8:58am On Mar 03, 2017
texazzpete:

I cannot think of any scenario where someone will need to carry and deposit 5 million naira in cash for an individual account.
listen to yourself, so all those "Big Men Traders" that sales goods and collect cash in the market can't have 5Million Naira cash? Seems you haven't being into business practically. those ones we assume/know from textbooks are not real

1 Like

Re: Nationwide Implementation Of The Cashless Policy. Is This Fair On Nigerians? by Nobody: 8:59am On Mar 03, 2017
chiedu7:
Na this one dem go quick remember south East.

Notice only Kano for North.

The rest na southern states.

So you too follow notice am.

1 Like

Re: Nationwide Implementation Of The Cashless Policy. Is This Fair On Nigerians? by Nobody: 8:59am On Mar 03, 2017
hush15:

Stop commenting ignorantly, these bank rape the masses knowing they don't have the capacity to fight back. Goin by your thought, they should have just reserved their charges for the rich which the ones who have 50m and above. How much is 5mil for an individual. Even promos and rewarding events don't even mention 5m as prize money anymore because they know it's not valuable in recent times. So why not start from 25mil for individuals and 50mil for corporate entities.

Banks just raping Nigerians of their hard earn money of which the same banks uses our hard earn to trade without tangible interest on our monies for such use.

So shush and think before you talk

You do know that this is a CBN policy and not just from the thoughts of Commercial banks, right?

Besides, do individuals actually carry N500,000 about IN CASH? To be honest I'd prefer to do transfers of such amount via e-banking, which this policy is trying to encourage.

It also saves you the stress of worrying about thieves.
Re: Nationwide Implementation Of The Cashless Policy. Is This Fair On Nigerians? by Mathemagician1(m): 9:01am On Mar 03, 2017
This is a very shallow policy. What if you own a business that deals in cash - say a petrol station. You mean I'll remit my entire sales for the day and 7% will be deducted from it everyday. Do they even know what that will do to the business margin by the end of the month?

Those people running government are intellectually lazy and grossly incompetent.
Re: Nationwide Implementation Of The Cashless Policy. Is This Fair On Nigerians? by Nobody: 9:02am On Mar 03, 2017
agabusta:

They are saying, from where you got the 5m, simply tell the person to transfer to your account. Instead of receiving cash.
and what if I'm a trader that collects cash in my shop?
Re: Nationwide Implementation Of The Cashless Policy. Is This Fair On Nigerians? by Nobody: 9:03am On Mar 03, 2017
Mathemagician1:
This is a very shallow policy. What if you own a business that deals in cash - say a petrol station. You mean I'll remit my entire sales for the day and 7% will be deducted from it everyday. Do they even know what that will do to the business margin by the end of the month?

Those people running government are intellectually lazy and grossly incompetent.
exactly my thoughts

1 Like

Re: Nationwide Implementation Of The Cashless Policy. Is This Fair On Nigerians? by rusher14: 9:06am On Mar 03, 2017
masonkz:

There's a reason it's called CASHLESS, meaning it only applies if you're withdrawing that one million naira of yours IN CASH from the bank.

I want to believe many of your transactions that involve cash of that amount would be done via mobile transfers, internet banking, etc. No?

It depends on if I intend to hit the club with my bullion van.
Re: Nationwide Implementation Of The Cashless Policy. Is This Fair On Nigerians? by dragonking3: 9:13am On Mar 03, 2017
sledge001:

Shallow mind. My dear Country Nigeria is not useless. This is the practice worldwide. If you're not a criminal, you have nothing to fear.
Please provide proof were this is practiced in other countries.
Re: Nationwide Implementation Of The Cashless Policy. Is This Fair On Nigerians? by Earth2Metahuman: 9:22am On Mar 03, 2017
Wiseoldman:
This is what is obtainable in most countries we want to travel to in Europe and the America...It's a welcome development.
why so much deduction or restrictions on online or atm transactions?

Its annoying.
Re: Nationwide Implementation Of The Cashless Policy. Is This Fair On Nigerians? by Nobody: 9:29am On Mar 03, 2017
SillyeRabbit:

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Lol
Haba
You would have to deposit the 5m like (500k x 10) to avoid charges
Re: Nationwide Implementation Of The Cashless Policy. Is This Fair On Nigerians? by Saintp(m): 9:29am On Mar 03, 2017
If someone is to pay me N10m and he decides to deposit it cash to my account, who is going to pay the charges? Me, the receiver or the depositor?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PFS 25th Anniversary: "Started With A Borrowed Laptop, Car And Drive" / Naira Gains On Better Than Expected Economic Growth / Filling Station In Nnewi Gutted By Fire This Morning (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.