Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,982 members, 7,835,292 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Drama As Emeka Ike Emerges As New Agn President: Wayo? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Drama As Emeka Ike Emerges As New Agn President: Wayo? (4271 Views)

50Cent To Feature On Emeka Ike's Movie / Nollywood Has Been Hijacked By Foreigners & TV Houses - Emeka Ike / Ramsey Nouah Vs Emeka Ike: Who Act Love Movies Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drama As Emeka Ike Emerges As New Agn President: Wayo? by AloyEmeka6: 5:20am On Dec 14, 2009
Drama as Emeka Ike emerges as new AGN president
Posted To The Web: Sunday, December 13, 2009 - Nigeriafilms

[img]http://news.onlinenigeria.com/templates/?a=11670&z=31[/img]
Emeka Ike

A mild drama ensued on Monday at the secretariat of the Actors Guild of Nigeria, AGN, in Surulere area of Lagos, when embattled Segun Arinze’s attempt to halt the care-taker-committee of the guild from conducting a counter-election that produced actor Emeka Ike as the new president of the guild hit a brick wall.

Arinze last month was appointed to head the alleged government of national unity set up by the Ifeanyi Dike- led Board of Trustees of the guild, with Emeka Ike as his vice as a way of moving the troubled guild forward.

He allegedly stormed the guild’s secretariat with a team of policemen from Area D, Mushin, with an intention of stopping the election. However, he failed as the Kanayo O. Kanayo led- interim government, armed with a court order, refused to be intimidated as they went ahead to conduct the election.

In a court order dated 13th of June, 2009, and which was shown to the policemen that came with Arinze, the caretaker committee exercised the power confined on it to conduct a general election for the guild.

It would be recalled however that Mr. Arinze recently emerged president of the guild in a controversial election conducted by the erstwhile president of the guild, Ejike Asiegbu in Port-Harcourt, Rivers State capital.

He was disowned by the Lagos State chapter of the body, which described his election as a “sham”, labelling him a non-registered member of the chapter. Ike’s election is bound to trigger off another round of crisis within the guild.

Before the election, which was endorsed by all state chairmen and delegates of the guild, Emeka Ike had described Segun Arinze as a ‘joker’, adding that, “Segun is not AGN president and he cannot be one. Constitutionally, he is not eligible to be a president because I learnt he is not a degree holder and not even a card carrying member.

“You can ask him to present his certificate the same way I’m ready to present mine any time. What he is doing is just a waste of time because the real election is what we have just conducted today.”

The spokesperson of the guild’s interim national government, Charles Okafor, once noted that “the priority of this interim leadership headed by Kanayo O. Kanayo has a mandate to conduct a credible election that would usher in a new president and executives of AGN, and nothing will change it.

The election will definitely hold.”

He added that with the support of AGN members in the country, all hands have been on deck to conduct a free and fair elections.

Elected alongside Ike were Mr. Femi Durojiaye, (National Secretary), Mohammed Odoko, (vice-president, North Central), Sanni Mohammed(vice-president, North east)Yusuf Bako Mohammed, (vice-president, South-South), Nkiru Sylvanus(vice-presidet, South-East) and Victor Edogun(vice-president, South-West).

Others were, Benita Nzeribe(PRO), Ngozi Onoka(D.G.S), Azi Oliver Akalugu(Finance Secretary), St. Maradona N. Johnson(Treasurer) and Amniu Abdaulla Tafia, who clinched the position of Assistant secretary.

http://news.onlinenigeria.com/templates/?a=11670&z=31
Re: Drama As Emeka Ike Emerges As New Agn President: Wayo? by Olisa4all: 5:47am On Dec 14, 2009
e do dem like film trick. . .segun arinze isnt a degree holder. . geez,didnt knw dat[color=][/color]
Re: Drama As Emeka Ike Emerges As New Agn President: Wayo? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Dec 14, 2009
ROFLMAO

Do these people get some sort of remuneration for being figure heads of some flawed organisation??
Re: Drama As Emeka Ike Emerges As New Agn President: Wayo? by yampoo(m): 12:09pm On Dec 14, 2009
AM REALLY HAPPY FOR EMEKA IKE,COS HE'S MY FAVOURITE ACTOR.I PRAY ALMIGHTY GOD TO GIVE HIM THE WISDOM,STRENGTH AND KNOWLEDGE FOR HIM TO MOVE (AGN) TO A GREATER HEIGHT.ONCE AGAIN CONGRATULATION EMEKA IKE.CHEERS
Re: Drama As Emeka Ike Emerges As New Agn President: Wayo? by Ben13: 12:10pm On Dec 14, 2009
It's just for the name.
Re: Drama As Emeka Ike Emerges As New Agn President: Wayo? by mansmith(m): 12:23pm On Dec 14, 2009
what do you think they are fighting about?well as usual money.that what causes ripples in most organizations and usually it is free cash that flows either through the government or through private organizations.its not as if they will use the money to develop the sector rather as is always the case in this country they embezzle the money,whether they have PhD,Msc,Bsc,ssce,hiv etc.the story is the same.bunch of poor people are just using leadership in any form they get it to enrich themselves.
Re: Drama As Emeka Ike Emerges As New Agn President: Wayo? by deor03(m): 12:36pm On Dec 14, 2009
Time wasters

Focusing on the small Picture and Leaving the BIG picture.

Shame
Re: Drama As Emeka Ike Emerges As New Agn President: Wayo? by CarlosVent(m): 12:46pm On Dec 14, 2009
samloco's era was d best hope emeka will live up to expectations.
Re: Drama As Emeka Ike Emerges As New Agn President: Wayo? by kbriggs: 12:48pm On Dec 14, 2009
I will say this. The whole issue didn't start just recently. it was planned the way OBAMA planned his campaign. Although nigerians will always resort to other means, But come to think of it,afterall, his collegues seized the screen,so the guy was left with slim option that he had to go for the jugular. who won't if presented with such opportunity? Although there are other superpowers behind him. i hope he can bear the hotness of that seat cos that is where the real movie starts(i mean reality). i wish him luck. segun should be responsible and accept his fate if he is guilty but if he is right, God help him. undecided
Re: Drama As Emeka Ike Emerges As New Agn President: Wayo? by ud4u: 12:57pm On Dec 14, 2009
I think Emeka will be okey than Arinze.
Re: Drama As Emeka Ike Emerges As New Agn President: Wayo? by nethacker(m): 1:09pm On Dec 14, 2009
OMO IBO:

ROFLMAO

Do these people get some sort of remuneration for being figure heads of some flawed organisation??
sit don there dey look grin
Re: Drama As Emeka Ike Emerges As New Agn President: Wayo? by azeeza(f): 1:46pm On Dec 14, 2009
same segun want 2 be lagos state governor some day.is this hw he is giong 2 run his office.2 bad black arrow
Re: Drama As Emeka Ike Emerges As New Agn President: Wayo? by ShadyDeal(m): 1:59pm On Dec 14, 2009
PDP has infected nollywood with its brand of political virus. It will soon become No-wood.
Re: Drama As Emeka Ike Emerges As New Agn President: Wayo? by agitator: 2:22pm On Dec 14, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

[b]Drama [/b]as Emeka Ike emerges as new AGN president

A mild drama ensued on Monday at the secretariat of the Actors Guild of Nigeria, AGN, in Surulere area of Lagos, when embattled Segun Arinze’s attempt to halt the care-taker-committee of the guild from conducting a counter-election that produced actor Emeka Ike as the new president of the guild hit a brick wall.

Arinze last month was appointed to head the alleged government of national unity set up by the Ifeanyi Dike- led Board of Trustees of the guild, with Emeka Ike as his vice as a way of moving the troubled guild forward.

He allegedly stormed the guild’s secretariat with a team of policemen from Area D, Mushin, with an intention of stopping the election. However, he failed as the Kanayo O. Kanayo led- interim government, armed with a court order, refused to be intimidated as they went ahead to conduct the election.

In a court order dated 13th of June, 2009, and which was shown to the policemen that came with Arinze, the caretaker committee exercised the power confined on it to conduct a general election for the guild.

It would be recalled however that Mr. Arinze recently emerged president of the guild in a controversial election conducted by the erstwhile president of the guild, Ejike Asiegbu in Port-Harcourt, Rivers State capital.

He was disowned by the Lagos State chapter of the body, which described his election as a “sham”, labelling him a non-registered member of the chapter. Ike’s election is bound to trigger off another round of crisis within the guild.

Before the election, which was endorsed by all state chairmen and delegates of the guild, Emeka Ike had described Segun Arinze as a ‘joker’, adding that, “Segun is not AGN president and he cannot be one. Constitutionally, he is not eligible to be a president because I learnt he is not a degree holder and not even a card carrying member.

Just can't recall the movies with such scenes, so many of them. grin grin
Re: Drama As Emeka Ike Emerges As New Agn President: Wayo? by mrperfect(m): 4:25pm On Dec 14, 2009
Let who the cap fit take the position.
Well, let them focus on more important issue.
Re: Drama As Emeka Ike Emerges As New Agn President: Wayo? by obiksam(m): 5:03pm On Dec 14, 2009
yampoo:

AM REALLY HAPPY FOR EMEKA IKE,COS HE'S MY FAVOURITE ACTOR.I PRAY ALMIGHTY GOD TO GIVE HIM THE WISDOM,STRENGTH AND KNOWLEDGE FOR HIM TO MOVE (AGN) TO A GREATER HEIGHT.ONCE AGAIN CONGRATULATION EMEKA IKE.CHEERS

I trust Emmy boy he is going to deliver (AGN).
Cheers guy carry go.
Re: Drama As Emeka Ike Emerges As New Agn President: Wayo? by stede(m): 5:17pm On Dec 14, 2009
mrperfect:

Let who the cap fit take the position.
Well, let them focus on more important issue.
Re: Drama As Emeka Ike Emerges As New Agn President: Wayo? by Carlosein(m): 5:18pm On Dec 14, 2009
obiksam:

I trust Emmy boy he is going to deliver (AGN).
Cheers guy carry go.

Like a lot of pple trusted Yar'adua to deliver abi?
Re: Drama As Emeka Ike Emerges As New Agn President: Wayo? by eldee(m): 5:21pm On Dec 14, 2009
I see a script from this story . . .

The Election (1 & 2)

Starring Segun Arinze, Emeka Ike, Ejike Asiegbu and introducing Mustapha Akali as (Oga Police).

Produced by El Dee (Mr Immaculate) and Directed by Aloy Emeka (Mr Incredible) grin grin

Movie will be shot and ready before Wednesday. . . WASH OUT!!! grin grin
Re: Drama As Emeka Ike Emerges As New Agn President: Wayo? by obiksam(m): 5:25pm On Dec 14, 2009
eldee:

I see a script from this story . . .

The Election (1 & 2)

Starring Segun Arinze, Emeka Ike, Ejike Asiegbu and introducing Mustapha Akali as (Oga Police).
Movie will be shot and ready before Wednesday. . . WASH OUT!!! grin grin

CORRECT, Na true talk be dat, u too much cheers
Re: Drama As Emeka Ike Emerges As New Agn President: Wayo? by obiksam(m): 5:31pm On Dec 14, 2009
Carlosein:

Like a lot of pple trusted Yar'adua to deliver abi?

Abeg Oga Yara no follow'oooh
He have not delivered him self since OBJ put'am dere
to even talk of our nation or his present condition.
All d same Emeka is a nice guy and its a promise, u will see changes.
thanks
Re: Drama As Emeka Ike Emerges As New Agn President: Wayo? by Nizoral(f): 5:55pm On Dec 14, 2009
Such a confused guild dey shud not setle down & face beta things.
Re: Drama As Emeka Ike Emerges As New Agn President: Wayo? by Meldrick(m): 6:40pm On Dec 14, 2009
There must be much money in this AGN for these actors to be killing themselves over position. The money must be more than that shot for a movie. Abeg they should compensate those that don't always have roles with the position of AGN president.
Re: Drama As Emeka Ike Emerges As New Agn President: Wayo? by bjmighty(m): 7:14pm On Dec 14, 2009
lmao!!
Re: Drama As Emeka Ike Emerges As New Agn President: Wayo? by adconline(m): 8:38pm On Dec 14, 2009
e do dem like film trick. . .segun arinze isnt a degree holder. . geez,didnt knw dat

What has a degree got to do with acting skills? So having a mech engr degree makes one a better actor? Yar'dua was once a university lecturer.
CEO of OJ Productions does not have a degree, but he has more experience and connection inside and outside Nollywood.He has even made more money  than most folks with degrees.
Re: Drama As Emeka Ike Emerges As New Agn President: Wayo? by lucian2: 9:08pm On Dec 14, 2009
'Abeg', are you sure AGN money with St MARADONA Johnson will be safe? I pray he does not maradona their money into his private pocket and attribute it to the hand of GOD. Nevertheless, congratulations to mr Emeka Ike and his team.
Re: Drama As Emeka Ike Emerges As New Agn President: Wayo? by semid4lyfe(m): 12:05am On Dec 15, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Drama as Emeka Ike emerges as new AGN president
Posted To The Web: Sunday, December 13, 2009 - Nigeriafilms

Elected alongside Ike were Mr. Femi Durojiaye, (National Secretary), Mohammed Odoko, (vice-president, North Central), Sanni Mohammed(vice-president, North east)Yusuf Bako Mohammed, (vice-president, South-South), Nkiru Sylvanus(vice-presidet, South-East) and Victor Edogun(vice-president, South-West).

Others were, Benita Nzeribe(PRO), Ngozi Onoka(D.G.S), Azi Oliver Akalugu(Finance Secretary), St. Maradona N. Johnson(Treasurer) and Amniu Abdaulla Tafia, who clinched the position of Assistant secretary.

http://news.onlinenigeria.com/templates/?a=11670&z=31

Wetin Benita Nzeribe dey do for Actors Guild of Nigeria? When did she become an actress?
Re: Drama As Emeka Ike Emerges As New Agn President: Wayo? by vislabraye(m): 12:31am On Dec 15, 2009
This should make a good script, cool cool . Whatever or whoever, na their cup of tea. Abeg i dey go sleep. Goodnight or abi goodmorning
Re: Drama As Emeka Ike Emerges As New Agn President: Wayo? by mamagee3(f): 1:08am On Dec 15, 2009
This is one funny joke. grin grin
Re: Drama As Emeka Ike Emerges As New Agn President: Wayo? by vislabraye(m): 2:13am On Dec 15, 2009
mama-gee:

This is one funny joke. grin grin

You're still awake ?
Re: Drama As Emeka Ike Emerges As New Agn President: Wayo? by nice100: 4:04am On Dec 15, 2009
mehn e no easy.nollywood is gradually fadin away while the actors/actresses are buy fightin themself with police and court injuctn.i pray they shud get their ass 2gather and go back 2 work and do less of this wuru politics.4 emeka ike i wish him all the best
Re: Drama As Emeka Ike Emerges As New Agn President: Wayo? by suxes2005(m): 11:41am On Dec 15, 2009
C'grats to him sha

SHALOM

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bringing Back Tv Memories / Most Gorgeous Nollywood Actor / Xmen 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.