Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

Bringing Back Tv Memories - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Bringing Back Tv Memories (4260 Views)

Fox Is Officially Bringing Back Prison Break, And Might Also Revive 24 / Jack Bauer Is Back: TV Thriller '24' To Return In 2014 / Anybody Interested In Bringing Sanity And Class To Nollywood Movies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bringing Back Tv Memories by my2cents(m): 6:41pm On Apr 20, 2006
I just did this in the music section. Now it is time for the TV section.

How many of us here are old enough to remember:

[list]
[li]Famous Five ("We are the famous fiiiiive, " grin),
[li]Tales by moonlight[/li]
[li]That game show where they sang "Benue state, I am proud, I am proud to be a Nigeriaaaaaan"[/li]
[li]The Avengers[/li]
[/list]

You guys got any more?

Man, the memories. What I wouldn't give to watch those all over again cool
Re: Bringing Back Tv Memories by hotangel2(f): 6:52pm On Apr 20, 2006
I remember tales by moonlight

I remember That thing that dey do on TV, it's eductaional, uhmmm i dunno ooo,

I remember "super story"?

I remember uhmm, well quite a few.
Re: Bringing Back Tv Memories by justin04(m): 5:39pm On Apr 21, 2006
Cock Crow At Dawn, Yes oooo. I remember Uncle Gaga
Re: Bringing Back Tv Memories by Consultant(f): 10:51pm On Apr 21, 2006
I remember Chief Zebrudaya Okorigwe Nwogbo alias 4:30 of new masquerade, as well as the rest of the crew, "Ovularia", "Clarus", "Gringory", Jegede Sokoya, Ramota and "Nati". I used to enjoy that show.

I remember Basi and Company, written by the late Ken Saro Wiwa. Basi and his get rich quick schemes!

I remember second chance, and Madam Kofo's gele!

I also remember the Village Headmaster, especially Eleyinmi's insults - nonsense and ingredients, sacriligious niconcos (or something like that), gangajial edifice, ingeorgious!
Re: Bringing Back Tv Memories by hotangel2(f): 10:52pm On Apr 21, 2006
I remember "teacher chike". What's the name of that one?
Re: Bringing Back Tv Memories by spikedcylinder: 8:13pm On Apr 22, 2006
I remember 2nd chance with madam Kofo saying, come in if you're handsome and rich!

Who remembers THE THIRD EYE, Olu Jacobs, ?
Re: Bringing Back Tv Memories by Scatter(m): 10:43pm On Apr 23, 2006
I remember school debate and hotel de jordan from nta benin. wow those were the good ol days. grin
Re: Bringing Back Tv Memories by Consultant(f): 3:28am On Apr 24, 2006
I remember 2nd chance with madam Kofo saying, come in if you're handsome and rich!

That wasn't second chance, that was Madam the Madam from Basi and company.

Who remembers THE THIRD EYE, Olu Jacobs, ?

Yeah! I really loved that show as a child. I wonder where that girl is now? I believe her name was Yomi Adeyemi Wilson.
Re: Bringing Back Tv Memories by my2cents(m): 4:51pm On Apr 24, 2006
Haa!!

Consultant, you had to go there with Basi & Co. "To be a millionaire, think like a millionaire", "Madam the madam, It's a matter of cash"

This is the type of conversation I was hoping to generate.

Thanks guys. Let's keep the memories flowing. How I wish we could all hook up and get together at some joint somewhere, sit at a round table and gist away from dusk till dawn LOL
Re: Bringing Back Tv Memories by spikedcylinder: 5:27pm On Apr 24, 2006
my2cents,am afraid you don't realise that there are pervs around and gisting isnt all they would be doing, wink grin
Re: Bringing Back Tv Memories by Ciaralover(f): 5:43pm On Apr 24, 2006
Did this all happen in Nigeria cause i am from liberia and dont know!!!!!
Re: Bringing Back Tv Memories by spikedcylinder: 5:46pm On Apr 24, 2006
Yes CL,most of them are old Niegrian TV shows.
Re: Bringing Back Tv Memories by bolaoni(m): 5:51pm On Apr 24, 2006
I was just wondering this morning why the kids of today are not that lucky. They hardly watch TV programmes that makes sense and entertaining. The politicians have taken over TV now so they show whatever suits them.

Who can remember inspector gadget. Danger Mouse, Super ted, Voltron - The defender of the Universe? So many interesting programmes that will make you run immediately you close from school. Robinhood is a series I don't enjoy missing at all.

Damn! Nigeria sad
Re: Bringing Back Tv Memories by spikedcylinder: 5:56pm On Apr 24, 2006
I remember danger mouse,superted, etc!Today,children still have what to watch after school- powerpuff girls,Johnny Bravo, etc.Those are equally good programmes for the 21st century.
Who can remember Rent-A-Ghost? grin
Re: Bringing Back Tv Memories by my2cents(m): 6:31pm On Apr 24, 2006
spikedcylinder,

you just made me reailize something - Just like our parents probably thought we were nuts for watching "Famous Five", so someone like me would ask what parent in their right mind would let their kid watch Teletubbies, for instance grin
Re: Bringing Back Tv Memories by spikedcylinder: 6:50pm On Apr 24, 2006
lol.Teletubbies is a crazy boring kids show but kids love it all the same,who are they hurting? grin
Re: Bringing Back Tv Memories by my2cents(m): 6:56pm On Apr 24, 2006
there are those here in the states who claim that the purple (or abi na pink one? i no dey watch) teletubby is promoting homosexuality.

Regardless, I just don't see the sense in 5 scary looking things hopping up and down on the screen lol
Re: Bringing Back Tv Memories by spikedcylinder: 7:03pm On Apr 24, 2006
I dont watch the programme but how is it promoting homosexuality?Does it have a male-female vice?Does it like to play with just boys?If its female, vice versa.,,,,,?
Re: Bringing Back Tv Memories by my2cents(m): 7:14pm On Apr 24, 2006
Again, I haven't watched the show for more than 30 seconds at a time. I am only reporting based on what I have followed on the news. For the few seconds I have watched it, I don't see it though.

Again, regardless though, for the little I have seen, it just doesn't rub me the right way and as a result, none of my children will be watching it if I have my way wink
Re: Bringing Back Tv Memories by spikedcylinder: 7:15pm On Apr 24, 2006
If your kids like it,why wont you want them to watch it?Because it promotes homosexuality?
Re: Bringing Back Tv Memories by my2cents(m): 7:20pm On Apr 24, 2006
u seem to be hung up on the homosexuality part of it grin We can take this to YIM if you want (mu username is on my profile page), but to hopefully answer your question:

I would have to watch the show in its entirety to make that judgement call. Right now though, if I say my kids won't watch, homosexuality isn't going to be the reason for now. It just doesn't rub me the right way. It's a feeling I can't explain.
Re: Bringing Back Tv Memories by spikedcylinder: 7:26pm On Apr 24, 2006
Ok,fair enough, but why wont you let them watch?Its not like its a bad programme,kids love it eventhough its boring to most adults.Am sure you'll be a very strict parent! tongue shocked grin
Re: Bringing Back Tv Memories by dearzi(f): 4:28pm On Apr 25, 2006
Hey, who remembers the series of "Things Fall Apart," "Cock Crow At Dawn" "Behind the Cloud," "Story land "Dr Who" "G-Force", those were the good ol'days
Re: Bringing Back Tv Memories by my2cents(m): 4:39pm On Apr 25, 2006
dearzi,

During my last trip to Naija in 2004, I happened to find a VCD dealer who had the entire set of Things fall apart. I bought all 12 and am yet to regret dropping N4,800 for them all grin
Re: Bringing Back Tv Memories by dearzi(f): 6:12pm On Apr 25, 2006
My2cents, can i borrow it when you're done? i promise i'll take good care of it, and i'll return it once i'm done, honestly i will, kiss
Re: Bringing Back Tv Memories by spikedcylinder: 6:25pm On Apr 25, 2006
2cents,you got a bargain because what you bought is priceless!
Re: Bringing Back Tv Memories by spikedcylinder: 6:25pm On Apr 25, 2006
2cents,you got a bargain because what you bought is priceless!where did you even find it?
Re: Bringing Back Tv Memories by my2cents(m): 7:10pm On Apr 25, 2006
I bought the VCDs at a video joint along Ndidem Usang Iso Road in Calabar. To tell you the truth, I didn't go there for that. I was just looking to rent. But lo and behold, on the floor, covered by other VCDs, I saw Pete Edochie's picture on a cover and I was like Whoa!!

A friend of mine just came back last year with another set, much better quality. You would think they would have a website and market it directly (oops, maybe I just gave someone a million dollar idea for free LOL)
Re: Bringing Back Tv Memories by spikedcylinder: 7:12pm On Apr 25, 2006
million dollar my ass! tongue
Re: Bringing Back Tv Memories by kemmy(f): 4:25pm On Apr 29, 2006
Checkmate anyone!What I would give to watch it over again.
Re: Bringing Back Tv Memories by Consultant(f): 9:37pm On Apr 29, 2006
Checkmate anyone!What I would give to watch it over again.

I still think that's the best soap opera that Nigeria has ever produced.
Re: Bringing Back Tv Memories by sexyncool(f): 6:34am On Apr 30, 2006
oh mine i remember,
behind the rims or clouds,  when i was little it was so scaryyy
old/new masqurade
willy willy(another scary play)
tales by moonlight or whatever, been long so i can't remember
checkmate

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gotv Plus Channels List For Ghanaian Subscribers / Mbc-new Comcast Nigerian Station For People In Texas Launches On The 26th! / Where To Download 80s, 90's And Early 00's TV Series

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.