Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,120 members, 7,814,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Obasanjo Walks Out Of Police Event For Keeping Him Waiting (Photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Walks Out Of Police Event For Keeping Him Waiting (Photo) (51855 Views)

Fayemi Shuns Reporters, Walks Out Of Tinubu’s Meeting With Ekiti Aspirants / Ali Modu Sheriff Walks Out Of Goodluck Jonathan's Reconciliation Meeting / Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Walks Out Of Police Event For Keeping Him Waiting (Photo) by Larrykaysail(m): 9:00pm On Mar 02, 2017
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Thursday afternoon took a swipe at the Nigeria Police for “keeping him waiting.”

Obasanjo, who was the special guest of honour at the Assistant Inspector-General of Police (AIG) in charge of Zone II maiden biannual special training and capacity building programme, advised the police authorities to be ready when next they invite him.

The ex- President was at the Federal Palace Hotel, Victoria Island, venue of the training for more than 90 minutes before the event started.

The event billed for 10:30 a.m. didn’t begin until 11:52 a.m., with Obasanjo informing the gathering he had to return to Ogun State for an event he left midway to attend the police training.

“Next time, before you call me, pleasure be ready,” Obasanjo

Speaking on the initiative, Obasanjo said there was no substitute for training, urging security operatives to be in tune with practices of their contemporaries in other parts of the globe.

He said all human institutions need constant appraisal, regeneration, introspection and training.

He said: “Police must be aware and in touch with new developments in other parts of the globe. I can see my former IGP Musiliu Smith.

“Smith is completely out of date to give lecture on police duty. He has experience to share with you, but not on modern way of doing things. I don’t even know how digital you (Smith) are.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/obasanjo-storms-police-event-delay/

Ex- President Obasanjo at the event on Thursday. Photo: Precious Igbonwelundu

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Walks Out Of Police Event For Keeping Him Waiting (Photo) by alakara(m): 9:04pm On Mar 02, 2017
Ebora owu funrae

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Walks Out Of Police Event For Keeping Him Waiting (Photo) by adadike281(f): 9:08pm On Mar 02, 2017
Shame on d police chiefs, to them, everything is 'Nigeria time' and everyone must adhere to it.

88 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Walks Out Of Police Event For Keeping Him Waiting (Photo) by cobadit(m): 9:08pm On Mar 02, 2017
Don't mind him baba owu he has forgotten that you have akuko gagara to cut today (80th birthday cake),,,.... Africa time things

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Walks Out Of Police Event For Keeping Him Waiting (Photo) by LAFO: 9:12pm On Mar 02, 2017
grin

I love this....
I so hate waiting for people who don't keep to time

23 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Walks Out Of Police Event For Keeping Him Waiting (Photo) by Kagarko(m): 9:13pm On Mar 02, 2017
Incompetence Exposed.

What happens to the rules of engagement.

11 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Walks Out Of Police Event For Keeping Him Waiting (Photo) by SpecialAdviser(m): 9:27pm On Mar 02, 2017
"Smith is completely out of date to give lecture on police duty"

It not only in d police. Even many Tertiary institutions lecturers hardly upgrade themselves.

They end up producing graduates whose reasoning is in reverse gear.

Little wonder how you still have many graduates supporting useless leaders who come with all manner of stupid promises.

cc PMB the vegetable.

79 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Walks Out Of Police Event For Keeping Him Waiting (Photo) by slimfit1(m): 9:32pm On Mar 02, 2017
Can you imagine keeping a whole baba waiting ha.

6 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Walks Out Of Police Event For Keeping Him Waiting (Photo) by decatalyst(m): 9:59pm On Mar 02, 2017
adadike281:
Shame on d police chiefs, to them, everything is 'Nigeria time' and everyone must adhere to it.

The number thing that differentiate a force man from a civilian is DISCIPLINE! These set of police have shown that they lack discipline and professionalism.

No wonder they arrive at crime scene when the deed is done by the men of the underworld undecided

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Walks Out Of Police Event For Keeping Him Waiting (Photo) by Smile4me01(m): 10:10pm On Mar 02, 2017
police is a useless organization in nigeria only to collect bribe is what they perfect to do. let government overhaul the institution to make it better if at all it can happen.

7 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Walks Out Of Police Event For Keeping Him Waiting (Photo) by oduastates: 10:16pm On Mar 02, 2017
SpecialAdviser:
"Smith is completely out of date to give lecture on police duty"

It not only in d police. Even many Tertiary institutions lecturers hardly upgrade themselves.

They end up producing graduates whose reasoning is in reverse gear.

Little wonder how you still have many graduates supporting useless leaders who come with all manner of stupid promises.

cc PMB the vegetable.

This man go kill me o .
They are still teaching mungo park

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Walks Out Of Police Event For Keeping Him Waiting (Photo) by Ahmadgani(m): 10:29pm On Mar 02, 2017
Karl marx is coming back
Re: Obasanjo Walks Out Of Police Event For Keeping Him Waiting (Photo) by Cekpo34(m): 11:36pm On Mar 02, 2017
“Smith is completely out of date to give lecture on police duty. He has experience to share with you, but not on modern way of doing things. I don’t even know how digital you (Smith) are.”

I know Baba is more often than not sarcastic with a high sense of humour but addressing Smith this way is actually depressing; totally uncalled for

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Walks Out Of Police Event For Keeping Him Waiting (Photo) by freeze001(f): 2:40am On Mar 03, 2017
Kagarko:
Incompetence Exposed.

What happens to the rules of engagement.

Huh? Do you even understand what Rules of Engagement are? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Walks Out Of Police Event For Keeping Him Waiting (Photo) by Nobody: 4:07am On Mar 03, 2017
He is not wanted at the event that is why they deliberately delayed it so that he would leave.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Walks Out Of Police Event For Keeping Him Waiting (Photo) by SporaD8: 7:50am On Mar 03, 2017
BLAST?! SHOOT?! STORM?! all by one person?! Bia na commando him be?
Re: Obasanjo Walks Out Of Police Event For Keeping Him Waiting (Photo) by Arsenalholic(m): 8:29am On Mar 03, 2017
K

Meanwhile....

I Was in my room last night when i overhead my neighbour praying and asking God to give her a male son.

WTF "a male son"??

At first I was confused. "A male Son"? ..then it finally dawned on me that she was just being specific..

I mean, look at "Bobrisky", that's a female son!!!!

Happy weekend y'all cheesy

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Walks Out Of Police Event For Keeping Him Waiting (Photo) by kings09(m): 8:30am On Mar 03, 2017
Ok
Re: Obasanjo Walks Out Of Police Event For Keeping Him Waiting (Photo) by mykelmeezy: 8:31am On Mar 03, 2017
" . He has experience to share with you, but not on modern way of doing things. I don’t even know how digital you (Smith) are.”"

mr Smith take heart

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Walks Out Of Police Event For Keeping Him Waiting (Photo) by DrtroubleM: 8:31am On Mar 03, 2017
Obj. Olusegun Burantanshi John.
Re: Obasanjo Walks Out Of Police Event For Keeping Him Waiting (Photo) by Debaddest(m): 8:32am On Mar 03, 2017
For him mind, when he was the Presido, event would be organised and he was supposed to be there at least 1pm, but he won't come until 5:30 pm... Discipline my foot

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Walks Out Of Police Event For Keeping Him Waiting (Photo) by ruggedtimi(m): 8:32am On Mar 03, 2017
Lol..who will take the blame the AIG,IG or nigeria police. Africa man time not new
Re: Obasanjo Walks Out Of Police Event For Keeping Him Waiting (Photo) by yaqq: 8:32am On Mar 03, 2017
Not just ur former IGP, all of u re analogue.......
Re: Obasanjo Walks Out Of Police Event For Keeping Him Waiting (Photo) by SuperBlack: 8:32am On Mar 03, 2017
At the ATM earlier today...
After I have withdrawn my money i was shocked when the ATM asked me "Anything for your boy?"

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Walks Out Of Police Event For Keeping Him Waiting (Photo) by BrutalJab: 8:33am On Mar 03, 2017
One of the proud Thieves that stole us dry.

smh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Walks Out Of Police Event For Keeping Him Waiting (Photo) by SexyNairalander: 8:33am On Mar 03, 2017
booked

how is this news biko

Re: Obasanjo Walks Out Of Police Event For Keeping Him Waiting (Photo) by numericalguy(m): 8:33am On Mar 03, 2017
Obasanjo is a stoopeed man. What did he do to improve the police when he was in power both as Military head one state and as civilian president.

Obasanjo is very shameless for acting the way he did because he was one of the currupt leaders that ran Nigerian Police down.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Walks Out Of Police Event For Keeping Him Waiting (Photo) by DONSMITH123(m): 8:34am On Mar 03, 2017
good
Re: Obasanjo Walks Out Of Police Event For Keeping Him Waiting (Photo) by datopaper(m): 8:35am On Mar 03, 2017
You just create attention here, the title does not correspond with the contents.

Stop se be.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osinbajo Worshipping In Church In 1995 (Tony Rapu's Throwback Video) / Governor Emeka Ihedioha Travelling With Only 3 Convoys (photos / Goat Painted In Army Camouflage Found In Sambisa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.