Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,132 members, 7,811,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:09 AM

Strange Lights On My Dashboard - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Strange Lights On My Dashboard (918 Views)

See The Typical Dashboard Of Danfos In Lagos (PHOTOS) / Is It Illegal To Fit Extra Lights On Cars / How Do I Protect My Dashboard And Leather Seats From The Sun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Strange Lights On My Dashboard by ebner70(m): 11:27pm On Mar 02, 2017
Just started noticing this check sign and VSC sign on my rx300, any idea of the meanings ND possible solution

Re: Strange Lights On My Dashboard by Nobody: 11:48pm On Mar 02, 2017
the sign is not visible in order to identify the logo
Re: Strange Lights On My Dashboard by Greene66: 12:30am On Mar 03, 2017
Run a scan. Using a Diagnostic tool.

Consult your Mechanic for a scan or purchase a scanner for yourself or buy those baby cheap OBD Android scanners so you can use your phone to save some money.
Re: Strange Lights On My Dashboard by ebner70(m): 12:30am On Mar 03, 2017

Re: Strange Lights On My Dashboard by Nobody: 3:49am On Mar 03, 2017
ebner70:
Just started noticing this check sign and VSC sign on my rx300, any idea of the meanings ND possible solution

You have a Vehicle Stability Control fault on your car, thus the VSC sign.

The Check engine light is warning you of this or other faults.

In my opinion, every owner of a modern car, unless those who can reasonably afford a mechanic, should own a good OBD2 scanner.

Good luck, your wallet is about to get lighter unless you just do like the dense previous owner of my truck and just remove and disable everything angry
Re: Strange Lights On My Dashboard by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:17am On Mar 03, 2017
ebner70:

MIL on powertrain disabled VSC. Scan and fix MIL and VSC will be automatically enabled.

IF you in lagos, I'll scan it free for you.

Offer expires 15th march 2017
Re: Strange Lights On My Dashboard by sultaan(m): 8:53am On Mar 03, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

MIL on powertrain disabled VSC. Scan and fix MIL and VSC will be automatically enabled.

IF you in lagos, I'll scan it free for you.

Offer expires 15th march 2017

You just threw him a lasso instead of lifesaver
Re: Strange Lights On My Dashboard by mecheal365: 9:02am On Mar 03, 2017
If you are in Lagos, kindly visit meecheal excels auto care centre, for auto diagnosis as we have professionals that will perfectly work on your vehicle, kindly call 08026999465, 08068857988, you can also visit our website at www.meechealexcels.com for inquiries.
Re: Strange Lights On My Dashboard by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:07am On Mar 03, 2017
sultaan:

You just threw him a lasso instead of lifesaver

at least I threw him something for free wink
Re: Strange Lights On My Dashboard by AutoElectNG: 10:44pm On Mar 03, 2017
ebner70:

You have a MIL - Malfunction Indicator Light on.

Why do you have a malfunction indicator light on?

The vehicle's PCM or ECU has detected either an emissions fault or a drivability fault.

To determine what sort of fault has been detected you need to communicate with the PCM or ECU, but do you know how to speak OBD II which is the only language it understands? NO!

To communicate with the PCM or ECU in the language it understand, you need a Scan Tool

The Scan Tool speaks the language of the PCM or ECU

The Scan Tool will then translate that language into English which you speak and understand in the form of DTCs

Actually as been pointed by others on this thread you have two lights indicating your vehicle is not operating as it was designed

If you have difficulty understanding any of the terms I have used, then please visit this thread https://www.nairaland.com/3661728/on-board-diagnostics-obd-ii-questions

If you still have questions, throw them at me, and I will respond when I can

If I was helpful, you should bookmark that thread and visit it often

(1) (Reply)

See Hover Car Designed By Volkswagen / Nokia 8 Android Sport Two 13-megapixel Rear Cameras !! / We Buy Condemned Vehicles At A Reasonable Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.