Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,741 members, 7,827,732 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild. - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild. (3407 Views)

Playstation 4 Crushed To Protest The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild Clone / The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild - The Champions' Ballad Review / Let's Talk About The Legend Of Zelda Breath Of The Wild (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild. by HyDef(m): 2:15am On Mar 03, 2017
So, in some regions, the Nintendo Switch launched yesterday, and in others, it will launch in hours.

I'm a Nintendo fanboy, and I know they don't get much love around these parts, but something has to be appreciated in the fact that the Switch has already found its killer app.

The launch lineup for the Switch is sparse, with mostly indie games and ports of older titles, but standing tall amongst these, and definitely the most anticipated of them all is the new Legend of Zelda game.

Major gaming outlets have had their hands on the game for some time, and most of them have already dropped their reviews. To say it looks promising would be an understatement.

On Metacritic, out of 62 reviews, Breath of the Wild has an incredible 98%.

To put this into perspective, only 3 other games have a 98%. And only one game has a 99%. What game stands at the top? Why another Legend of Zelda game, released nearly two decades ago, Ocarina of Time. I was opportuned to have played Ocarina of Time when I was younger, and it truly was amazing. How it might have aged though, I can't say.

With such an amazing reception, the Nintendo Switch is probably going to attract more attention from developers who might have previously thought that it's graphical inability would hinder their vision.

By today's standards, it's a weak console, but a powerful handheld, and that's what's so amazing about it.

smiley

Re: The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild. by Nobody: 6:37am On Mar 03, 2017
Looks like Miyamoto and Aonuma have still got it.

Hell, a lot of outlets reduced their score because of framerate issues when the switch is docked; the Day 1 patch fixed it. Dualshockers upgraded theid 9.5 to a 10, and others may follow suit. It may join it's predecessor at 99.

I remember playing Ocarina of Time as a 13 year old. When I finished it, as the credits rolled, I was just like... "Damn. That was the greatest game I've ever played." Looks like Ninte do have done it again.

Now all that needs to happen is for the switch to be sold here. Hopefully before I get spoiled too much.

I wonddr if Super Mario Odyssey will be able to do the same.

1 Like

Re: The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild. by Mavor: 7:51am On Mar 03, 2017
It's funny how you Nintendo fanboys never talk about the fact that Nintendo always has shitty backwards graphics. The graphical power of the switch is equivalent to that of an Xbos 360 or PS3. No thanks!
Re: The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild. by khalhokage(m): 8:37am On Mar 03, 2017
Mavor:
It's funny how you Nintendo fanboys never talk about the fact that Nintendo always has shitty backwards graphics. The graphical power of the switch is equivalent to that of an Xbos 360 or PS3. No thanks!

Oga, it's not all about graphics, as is evident here.

I can't remember the last time I played a Nintendo game and I've never played any of the Zelda games, but I appreciate the fact that these games are great regardless of lack of state of the art graphics, and this one in particular has beat every other graphically super realistic game in the market and is definitely going to be GOTY 2017.

3 Likes

Re: The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild. by HyDef(m): 9:55am On Mar 03, 2017
Mavor:

I did mention that in my final paragraph. It's a weak console undoubtedly, but in the end, does it even matter? In a world of 4Ks and HDRs, how many critically acclaimed games do we have?
Despite all that BotW achieved perfect scores around the board, running at 720p in 2017.

To each their own, if the visuals of a game are what's important to you, no problem. That's what the PS4 Pro and Scorpio are for.

1 Like

Re: The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild. by Nobody: 10:51am On Mar 03, 2017
Mavor:

So where are Sony and Microsofts Legendary exclusives? I don't see Halo or Uncharted getting a 98 on Metacritic lol.

Look, if I want graphics, I play on PC. Pc has far better graphics than anything a console can ever manage. However, unlike Playstation and Sony, Nintendo actually does things that PC cannot, and that is why they are praised.

Get a PC and a Nintendo console. Anything else is unnecessary.

2 Likes

Re: The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild. by seyi42k(m): 11:12am On Mar 03, 2017
Mavor:

Frankly, I despise graphics whores. They are partly responsible for the state of the gaming industry nowadays. The industry where selling less than 5 million units of game might be considered a failure. Where formerly solid games are now annualized till they have become formulaic.

Graphics is great but it shouldn't just be for its sake. The industry no longer has small to middle level players, they have all been wiped out. Where is THQ, Akklaim, Midway, SNK etc. We now have behemoths who sell interactive cinemas as games....EA, Activision, Konami, Square etc

Anyway, while I sometimes despair for Nintendo's stubborness, they are a breath of fresh air in that industry. They are the reason we are gamers today. They might seem backwards sometimes but they are responsible for great number of innovation in the industry. Above all they are the greatest game developers.

4 Likes

Re: The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild. by Nobody: 12:47am On Mar 20, 2017
I got the game recently... without getting a Switch. And I have a Wii U.
Either way, I'm so hyped. Sure I won't play it until I get the Switch (well at least I have Uncharted 4 on my PS4 to tide me over), but I'll get to stare at the box. That'll be fun.
And wow... fellow Nintendo fans here. Isn't that a delight!

1 Like

Re: The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild. by Nobody: 4:16am On Mar 20, 2017
U r an idiot, sincerely speaking.

khalhokage:

I can't remember the last time I played a Nintendo game and I've never played any of the Zelda games, but I appreciate the fact that these games are great regardless of lack of state of the art graphics, and this one in particular has beat every other graphically super realistic game in the market and is definitely going to be GOTY 2017.
Re: The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild. by Nobody: 4:20am On Mar 20, 2017
I give u all 6months to get over this sillyness for a nintendo
Re: The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild. by khalhokage(m): 11:34am On Mar 20, 2017
Silkmoth33:
U r an idiot, sincerely speaking.

On top video game matter? lol, get a life. grin

2 Likes

Re: The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild. by HyDef(m): 2:48pm On Mar 20, 2017
veeflames:
I got the game recently... without getting a Switch. And I have a Wii U.
Either way, I'm so hyped. Sure I won't play it until I get the Switch (well at least I have Uncharted 4 on my PS4 to tide me over), but I'll get to stare at the box. That'll be fun.
And wow... fellow Nintendo fans here. Isn't that a delight!

When do you plan to get a Switch? From what I hear, it's out of stock almost everywhere. But the videos I've seen of the game are really amazing. It's like Nintendo's Skyrim (although, they'll eventually get that :p).

Nintendo fan, right here. You must be a big fan to have bought the Wii U. grin tongue Last Nintendo console I owned was the GBA SP, before that, the 64. I have played a lot of DS games however, and Mario Kart 7, but that's where it ends in terms of the newer games.

1 Like

Re: The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild. by Nobody: 2:51pm On Mar 20, 2017
On the contrary, u need to get a life, cos I do hope ur choices in life are not interwoven around equivocal statements that can get u slapped.

It's ur type that I'm also 100% certain that have never seen a ps4 or xbone1 game on display.

It's also your type that will not see green and be calling the colours of leaves, pink

Here you haven't even played any game at all, u haven't even seen the switch, but u r already saying shiit because of what some stats are reading

That aside, who the fvck told you that the rating was based on graphics? Are u that slow or are going mental?

Because you can't afford the ps4 and it's expensive bluray discs, you now think a nintendo is almighty.

grin Good luck to all of you.
khalhokage:

On top video game matter? lol, get a life. grin
Re: The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild. by khalhokage(m): 3:52pm On Mar 20, 2017
Silkmoth33:
On the contrary, u need to get a life, cos I do hope ur choices in life are not interwoven around equivocal statements that can get u slapped.

It's ur type that I'm also 100% certain that have never seen a ps4 or xbone1 game on display.

It's also your type that will not see green and be calling the colours of leaves, pink

Here you haven't even played any game at all, u haven't even seen the switch, but u r already saying shiit because of what some stats are reading

That aside, who the fvck told you that the rating was based on graphics? Are u that slow or are going mental?

Because you can't afford the ps4 and it's expensive bluray discs, you now think a nintendo is almighty.

grin Good luck to all of you.

Lol, story story, If you had even a little comprehension skill you would understand that I never said ratings were based on graphics, in fact it's quite the opposite.

Also, it's clear that one of those graphics whores that wet their panties over a game with good graphics but shit content.

Now so that you don't embarrass yourself further by making stupid assumptions like a shallow child, yes I've never seen an Xbox one and I can't afford a PS4 which is nothing to be ashamed of, I do play my cousin's PS4 and my PS3 everyday though.

P.S Tell me one game that has ever won GOTY because of graphics, it's always story and gameplay.
Re: The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild. by Nobody: 4:05pm On Mar 20, 2017
HyDef:

When do you plan to get a Switch? From what I hear, it's out of stock almost everywhere. But the videos I've seen of the game are really amazing. It's like Nintendo's Skyrim (although, they'll eventually get that :p).

Nintendo fan, right here. You must be a big fan to have bought the Wii U. grin tongue Last Nintendo console I owned was the GBA SP, before that, the 64. I have played a lot of DS games however, and Mario Kart 7, but that's where it ends in terms of the newer games.
Oh wow. Well, yeah... I have most of Nintendo's consoles and handhelds (I also have other systems as well, so to CERTAIN people here don't come to false conclusions) so I'm pretty up to date with regards to Nintendo. I don't have the Switch yet, but I'm waiting until I have time to get one. I don't want homework or anything to deter me from immersing myself in the huge world of Zelda. Ah man, I can't wait! cheesy
Re: The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild. by Nobody: 4:06pm On Mar 20, 2017
Silkmoth33:
I give u all 6months to get over this sillyness for a nintendo
Try me. I haven't gotten over this "silliness" for years.
Jesus, this unnecessary dislike for Nintendo, though...

1 Like

Re: The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild. by Nobody: 4:12pm On Mar 20, 2017
Oh but I'm not making assumptions. I'm screwing the science out of the bs u keep posting and deducing meaning from ur incoherence about how the handheld is indeed preferable. Only to have concrete evidence that u r flat-broke

U must be an otu!

On a scale of games on a console ranked alongside games on the nintendo for storymode and gameplay, the cartoonish bullshiiit zelda does not come close to any ps4 game that one an award last 2years
khalhokage:

Lol, story story, If you had even a little comprehension skill you would understand that I never said ratings were based on graphics, in fact it's quite the opposite.

Also, it's clear that one of those graphics whores that wet their panties over a game with good graphics but shit content.

Now so that you don't embarrass yourself further by making stupid assumptions like a shallow child, yes I've never seen an Xbox one and I can't afford a PS4 which is nothing to be ashamed of, I do play my cousin's PS4 and my PS3 everyday though.

P.S Tell me one game that has ever won GOTY because of graphics, it's always story and gameplay.
Re: The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild. by khalhokage(m): 4:18pm On Mar 20, 2017
Silkmoth33:
Oh but I'm not making assumptions. I'm screwing the science out of the bs u keep posting and deducing meaning from ur incoherence about how the handheld is indeed preferable. Only to have concrete evidence that u r flat-broke

U must be an otu!

On a scale of games on a console ranked alongside games on the nintendo for storymode and gameplay, the cartoonish bullshiiit zelda does not come close to any ps4 game that one an award last 2years

Like I said, you have comprehension problems, I never said the switch was the better console, just that Breath of the wild is a great game that's miles ahead of most other open world games with better graphics.

Stop acting and arguing like a child, insults from an anonymous and ultimately unimportant internet commenter isn't nearly enough to get me riled up. Calm down dude.
Re: The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild. by Nobody: 4:21pm On Mar 20, 2017
Oh u r suffering from bubuera-selfinduced povertitis.

Its safe to say u will die alone on the plus side. But the bad part is u haven't really lived yet!
veeflames:

Try me. I haven't gotten over this "silliness" for years.
Jesus, this unnecessary dislike for Nintendo, though...
Re: The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild. by Nobody: 4:23pm On Mar 20, 2017
Silkmoth33:
Oh u r suffering from bubuera-selfinduced povertitis.

Its safe to say u will die alone on the plus side. But the bad part is u haven't really lived yet!
Erm, okay. Whatever you say...
"povertitis"
Yep, whatever you say...
Re: The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild. by Nobody: 4:32pm On Mar 20, 2017
Nah m8, ur d one who writes words and expects an onlooker to understand the dogshiit concealed within.

I can't remember the last time I played a Nintendo game and I've never played any of the Zelda games, but I appreciate the fact that these games are great regardless of lack of state of the art graphics, and this one in particular has beat every other graphically super realistic game in the market and is definitely going to be GOTY 2017

U have even forgotten that nintendo games are not even ranked amongst the console games in the game awards. Dey are usually given their own handheld/mobile genre, u retardeð piece of shit.
Imagine the scandal. How is zelda the best graphically attuned game in 2017?
khalhokage:

Like I said, you have comprehension problems, I never said the switch was the better console, just that Breath of the wild is a great game that's miles ahead of most other open world games with better graphics.

Stop acting and arguing like a child, insults from an anonymous and ultimately unimportant internet commenter isn't nearly enough to get me riled up. Calm down dude.
Re: The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild. by khalhokage(m): 4:42pm On Mar 20, 2017
Silkmoth33:
Nah m8, ur d one who writes words and expects an onlooker to understand the dogshiit concealed within.

U have even forgotten that nintendo games are not even ranked amongst the console games in the game awards. Dey are usually given their own handheld/mobile genre, u retardeð piece of shit.

OMG grin it is not, it's one of the best games of the year so far, even if it doesn't have the best graphics. Cthulu help you with comprehension grin
Re: The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild. by Nobody: 4:47pm On Mar 20, 2017
khalhokage:

OMG grin it is not, it's one of the best games of the year so far, even if it doesn't have the best graphics. Cthulu help you with comprehension grin

I can't remember the last time I played a Nintendo game and I've never played any of the Zelda games, but I appreciate the fact that these games are great regardless of lack of state of the art graphics, and this one in particular has beat every other graphically super realistic game in the market and is definitely going to be GOTY 2017

Atleast we now know u r colour blind and mad, rejoice?!
Re: The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild. by khalhokage(m): 4:52pm On Mar 20, 2017
Silkmoth33:

Atleast we now know u r colour blind and mad, rejoice?!
Lol, you're so amusing when you're mad.
Re: The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild. by Nobody: 4:55pm On Mar 20, 2017
Nigga! U r gay as fvck! Just back d fvck up!

@HRH Cao, Ehm I think this guy needs to be put down ASAP
khalhokage:

Lol, you're so amusing when you're mad.
Re: The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild. by khalhokage(m): 5:19pm On Mar 20, 2017
Silkmoth33:
Nigga! U r gay as fvck! Just back d fvck up!

@HRH Cao, Ehm I think this guy needs to be put down ASAP

lol, how old are you? 10?
Re: The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild. by HyDef(m): 5:25pm On Mar 20, 2017
Silkmoth, what the heck are you saying?

He's saying that despite the superior graphics of all other games on the market, Breath of the Wild, with its inferior graphics, has bested them.

He never said Breath of the Wild is graphically superior. In fact, he said the complete opposite.
Re: The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild. by HyDef(m): 5:28pm On Mar 20, 2017
veeflames:

Oh wow. Well, yeah... I have most of Nintendo's consoles and handhelds (I also have other systems as well, so to CERTAIN people here don't come to false conclusions) so I'm pretty up to date with regards to Nintendo. I don't have the Switch yet, but I'm waiting until I have time to get one. I don't want homework or anything to deter me from immersing myself in the huge world of Zelda. Ah man, I can't wait! cheesy

I also owned the original Xbox, as well as a PS2 later on. I've played a 360, and a PS3, and I currently play a few of the modern games on PC.

Are you a fan of Smash? I played SSB64 to death, and a little of Melee. My absolute favourite game.
Re: The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild. by Nobody: 7:38pm On Mar 20, 2017
HyDef:

I also owned the original Xbox, as well as a PS2 later on. I've played a 360, and a PS3, and I currently play a few of the modern games on PC.

Are you a fan of Smash? I played SSB64 to death, and a little of Melee. My absolute favourite game.
I love Smash Bros. to death. I usually play the 3DS and Wii U versions interchangeably. They're as excellent as heck and two of the main reasons why I'll always play Smash Bros. I've also played Brawl, SSB64 and a little bit of Melee. Truly one of the best series I've ever had the pleasure of playing!

1 Like

Re: The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild. by Nobody: 7:45pm On Mar 20, 2017
Silkmoth33:

*U have even forgotten that nintendo games are not even ranked amongst the console games in the game awards. Dey are usually given their own handheld/mobile genre, u retardeð piece of shit.
I'm sorry, but which game awards are you watching? I don't want to start labelling total ignorance here...
And speaking of game awards, Breath of the Wild will easily scoop up game of the year awards all over the place. Rarely has a single videogame, in the midst of 70+ critics, gained universal praise; to be more specific, near perfect. If you think it's not going to get GOTY 2017, then... well....
Also, nobody's saying Zelda has the best graphics (oh no), but at the end of the day BotW is a pretty gorgeous game due to it's unique artstyle.
Wow. Have you even played the game yet? If you're not suffering from this povertitis you speak of them maybe you should try out the game before coming to these rash judgements of yours.

2 Likes

Re: The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild. by Nobody: 8:05pm On Mar 20, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4cwS9leFjI

veeflames:

I'm sorry, but which game awards are you watching? I don't want to start labelling total ignorance here...
And speaking of game awards, Breath of the Wild will easily scoop up game of the year awards all over the place. Rarely has a single videogame, in the midst of 70+ critics, gained universal praise; to be more specific, near perfect. If you think it's not going to get GOTY 2017, then... well....
Also, nobody's saying Zelda has the best graphics (oh no), but at the end of the day BotW is a pretty gorgeous game due to it's unique artstyle.
Wow. Have you even played the game yet? If you're not suffering from this povertitis you speak of them maybe you should try out the game before coming to these rash judgements of yours.
Re: The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild. by Kaycee7(m): 8:57pm On Mar 20, 2017
Silkmoth, take a chill pill. What's your beef? Everybody can't like the same thing.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need A PS2 Console To Buy / Now You Can Buy Your PC Games From Steam, Origin, Uplay And Battle.net In Naira / Summertime Saga Mod Apk (unlimited Money) 0.20.17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.