Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,098 members, 7,818,286 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

4 Reasons Why You Should Update Your Blog Regularly - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 4 Reasons Why You Should Update Your Blog Regularly (3940 Views)

4 Reasons Why Blogging Is Good For Your Business / I Will Update Your Website For 15k Monthly / Do You Need Someone To Update Your Blog Daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Reasons Why You Should Update Your Blog Regularly by NaijaTechGuy(m): 6:47am On Mar 04, 2017
Blogging has changed how most businesses work. However, If your blog is the headquarter of the world's most boring posts, you don’t need to read further.

In every niche you choose you'll face high competition . Your first priority is to avoid losing your readers by hitting them with outdated content. Most readers stay glued to your site by frequently reading the new contents.
Here are some reasons why you should update your blog regularly

1. It'll Boost your Site Ranking On Google

Google prefers regularly updated content and if the relationship of Google with your blog decreases, it can be an uphill task for you to gain it back.The longer you write, the higher you rank. Remember that "Content is king".

2. Images and Structure

An amazing list post that you wrote last year with a title “6 Best kinds smartphones in Nigeria in 2016” is hardly a clickable title in 2017 while the content was interesting enough that bought tons of shares back in 2016.

Try to share it again with a little twist. Replace 2016 with 2017 with some tweaks in content and the images.

3 Readers Want To Read New Posts

If a reader always gets to see outdated information on your blog, he automatically gets builds a negative ideology in his mind. In case a reader does not find the solution to his problem, A negative impact remains in his mind and People remember negative things more than the positive ones .

4. You Attract New Readers
Assuming you have 1k daily readers today that number will increase with the time as a result of publishing content regularly.
Also, you gain email subscribers and introduce your blog to a new readers base

Most of the new readers won't know the blog posts that you published a while ago. So resurrecting old content will increase traffic from new readers.
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Update Your Blog Regularly by NaijaTechGuy(m): 6:48am On Mar 04, 2017
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Update Your Blog Regularly by Nobody: 6:55am On Mar 04, 2017
It sims Blog is the Latest Business in town now...make i join am now as it dey hot, even if na to Copy and paste..BLOG NA BLOG

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Update Your Blog Regularly by Goldenheart(m): 7:13am On Mar 04, 2017
word press or blogger
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Update Your Blog Regularly by Drinokrane: 7:14am On Mar 04, 2017
WfBabakhay:
It sims Blog is the Latest Business in town now...make i join am now as it dey hot, even if na to Copy and paste..BLOG NA BLOG
Sure grin datz true
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Update Your Blog Regularly by teganto(m): 7:14am On Mar 04, 2017
cool kemo lala
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Update Your Blog Regularly by ghettowriter(m): 7:16am On Mar 04, 2017
Nice Tips there.

Don't forget to visit www.jozavic.
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Update Your Blog Regularly by BJAYADEMOLA(m): 7:16am On Mar 04, 2017
Nice write up
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Update Your Blog Regularly by bloomstar: 7:17am On Mar 04, 2017
n
WfBabakhay:

la zy man, its your type that keep applying for adsense and keep getting kicked
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Update Your Blog Regularly by Factfinder1(m): 7:17am On Mar 04, 2017
Well spoken
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Update Your Blog Regularly by BJAYADEMOLA(m): 7:25am On Mar 04, 2017
Nice write up. Making research about what is happening in the society will give you advantage as a blogger to write and proffer solution to problem. This will increase your target audience.

For example there is issue with domainking and many blogger need help so as not to loose their domain name. If a tech blogger can proffer solution to the problem, it will help the blog to have authority over other blogs.

Education is the passport to the future.Visit>Education Helm to learn more
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Update Your Blog Regularly by Mopolchi: 7:27am On Mar 04, 2017
So make I dey write dey go. But writing no easy oo. undecided
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Update Your Blog Regularly by Nobody: 7:28am On Mar 04, 2017
bloomstar:
n

I'm sure u didn't Comprehend my Post..
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Update Your Blog Regularly by pBuhari(f): 8:07am On Mar 04, 2017
Goldenheart:
word press or blogger

blogger is the best platform for me

CHECK BELOW
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Update Your Blog Regularly by pBuhari(f): 8:08am On Mar 04, 2017
WfBabakhay:

I can help you with the design
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Update Your Blog Regularly by FILEBE(m): 8:17am On Mar 04, 2017
pBuhari:

Why did you say that?
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Update Your Blog Regularly by Nobody: 8:57am On Mar 04, 2017
Meanwhile

Updating regularly doesn't mean you should be posting gibberish articles else you failed to gain new readers and also lose existing ones
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Update Your Blog Regularly by ExpiredNigeria: 8:59am On Mar 04, 2017
s
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Update Your Blog Regularly by Alphasoar(m): 9:13am On Mar 04, 2017
bloomstar:
n

This one is strong!
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Update Your Blog Regularly by bonana: 9:19am On Mar 04, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:
Blogging has changed how most businesses work. However, If your blog is the headquarter of the world's most boring posts, you don’t need to read further.

In every niche you choose you'll face high competition . Your first priority is to avoid losing your readers by hitting them with outdated content. Most readers stay glued to your site by frequently reading the new contents.
Here are some reasons why you should update your blog regularly

1. It'll Boost your Site Ranking On Google

Google prefers regularly updated content and if the relationship of Google with your blog decreases, it can be an uphill task for you to gain it back.The longer you write, the higher you rank. Remember that "Content is king".

2. Images and Structure

An amazing list post that you wrote last year with a title “6 Best kinds smartphones in Nigeria in 2016” is hardly a clickable title in 2017 while the content was interesting enough that bought tons of shares back in 2016.

Try to share it again with a little twist. Replace 2016 with 2017 with some tweaks in content and the images.

3 Readers Want To Read New Posts

If a reader always gets to see outdated information on your blog, he automatically gets builds a negative ideology in his mind. In case a reader does not find the solution to his problem, A negative impact remains in his mind and People remember negative things more than the positive ones .

4. You Attract New Readers
Assuming you have 1k daily readers today that number will increase with the time as a result of publishing content regularly.
Also, you gain email subscribers and introduce your blog to a new readers base

Most of the new readers won't know the blog posts that you published a while ago. So resurrecting old content will increase traffic from new readers.

Bro, how can a user gain traffic asides the ones from readers. I have done social media Sharing. Thanks bro

My blog http://www.talesbychi.
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Update Your Blog Regularly by Nobody: 9:23am On Mar 04, 2017
k
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Update Your Blog Regularly by Nobody: 9:25am On Mar 04, 2017
Mopolchi:
So make I dey write dey go. But writing no easy oo. undecided
at all
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Update Your Blog Regularly by Nobody: 10:01am On Mar 04, 2017
ghettowriter:
Nice Tips there.

Don't forget to visit www.jozavic.
you need serious work on that your wordpres site.... why is the full story all on your front page? ever heard of pagination?
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Update Your Blog Regularly by SageTravels: 10:07am On Mar 04, 2017
I need a good blogger Who can review my blog. 2. i would like to work with the person for some project like SEO etc. whatsapp me on 08135146188 let's talk business. I no it's not free.
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Update Your Blog Regularly by Victorez007: 10:30am On Mar 04, 2017
Nice Write Up! Check my blog it is a personal, lifestyle + everything blog www.victorezblog.com.ng
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Update Your Blog Regularly by Nobody: 11:29am On Mar 04, 2017
pBuhari:

with wordpress if i were to open a new blog today, by tomorrow it will already be indexed in google, but blogger only God knows when just the blog name will get indexed
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Update Your Blog Regularly by Nobody: 11:37am On Mar 04, 2017
please o why is it that hosting a site is so expensive. the quotes i been getting online is between 140 to 170 dollars. is there. any webhost that doesnt charge that much and allows the use of softaculous
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Update Your Blog Regularly by aywhy93(m): 12:26pm On Mar 04, 2017
Cool
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Update Your Blog Regularly by pBuhari(f): 2:09pm On Mar 04, 2017
prettyboi1989:

with wordpress if i were to open a new blog today, by tomorrow it will already be indexed in google, but blogger only God knows when just the blog name will get indexed

index is not the main thing in blogging rather you should be talking about building and exposure of the blog.

I created my blog and in lest than that one week, the traffic became amazing.

When there is traffic, indexing is as a result of the flow of traffic to your blog.

Blogger gives me what i want in blogging and easy usage
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Update Your Blog Regularly by pBuhari(f): 2:12pm On Mar 04, 2017
prettyboi1989:
please o why is it that hosting a site is so expensive. the quotes i been getting online is between 140 to 170 dollars. is there. any webhost that doesnt charge that much and allows the use of softaculous

With $85, I will create a blogger blog with a custom templete and 1yr hosting subscription

Inbox me otuchrist@gmail.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

Basic Tips To Protect Your Website From Hackers / Difference Between Web Portal And Website? / Closed case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.