Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Why Women Hide Money From Their Husbands! - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Women Hide Money From Their Husbands! (20862 Views)

Sallah: How Arewa Women Pampered Their Husbands With Money And Love / Two Kenyan Women Swap Their Husbands To Find Happiness (video) / 46 Kenyan Women Strip Unclad Because Their Husbands Can't Satisfy Them Sexually (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Women Hide Money From Their Husbands! by CzarChris(m): 10:58am On Mar 04, 2017
That's why I keep praying for God to give me a wife that would treat me the way my mum treated my dad. At a point my dad couldn't get a contract for over 3 years, my mum shouldered the responsibility of the home single handedly all through, through her business. Nobody knew that the home was in distress for a second.
Remembering those days I feel like giving my mother the world if I could.

7 Likes

Re: Why Women Hide Money From Their Husbands! by zinnywonders(f): 11:03am On Mar 04, 2017
Is not all Women...... Anyways, let me talk about myself, I do support my husband @speaktome and he always appreciate my little efforts with presents.
It is very important that every woman have a savings and always ready to support her Spouse.

Am so happy!

5 Likes

Re: Why Women Hide Money From Their Husbands! by hartson(m): 11:04am On Mar 04, 2017
Beadex1:
That's why I will respect my mom for life. This chewing gum gals keep their money for competition with other gals. grin grin grin

Note : until you reason maturely has an homemaker that's when you are a wife but if u don't then you are still a gal
Re: Why Women Hide Money From Their Husbands! by jahsharon: 11:06am On Mar 04, 2017
thesicilian:
It is not in a woman's nature to give, only to receive.

Yes, woman receive money, dick and semen.

2 Likes

Re: Why Women Hide Money From Their Husbands! by Apina(m): 11:07am On Mar 04, 2017
I respect women who take the initiative to shoulder responsibilities without being asked to do so. The simple implication of doing so is that it prevents questions such as, what have u contributed to this marriage?

1 Like

Re: Why Women Hide Money From Their Husbands! by Guddyever(f): 11:09am On Mar 04, 2017
Yarnvibes:
One of the jokes that went round in the social media last week could pass off as humour at the expense of the womenfolk. It says “Gentlemen, if you have N5,000 in the house and your wife has N55,000, the total amount of money in that house is N5,000. Are we together?” Of course, the men are together on this.

They believe the women will never disclose the actual amount of money they have to their husbands. But can we say women are also together on this issue? Interestingly, many women are in agreement with the men. The wife believes the husband is the head of the family and it is his responsibility to provide everything that will be needed in the house.

After all when she married him, she dropped her maiden name and adopted his name while all their children bear his name, he should therefore be ready to shoulder all the burden. There may be few exceptions but most housewives don’t like their husbands to know how much money they have.

Although, it is believed that about 50 per cent of all the spouses hide money from each other, women indeed, are accused of being the greatest culprits in this regard. In fact, one in every five Nigerian women is said to be guilty of keeping many secrets when it comes to the issue of money.

While this has become a major factor undermining the progress of the home front, many have argued that some women today have their reasons for resenting wholesome financial contributions to family.

The question then is, what would make a wife conceal so much from her husband especially when it comes to financial contributions to family affairs? Take this: A woman has, for example, N100,000 and all the husband has is N50,000 and sorts out a N40,000 family responsibility. Then another responsibility of N10,000 arises.

The woman would keep her money in tact and would want the husband to also fund the N10,000 responsibility and go empty handed. These things happen in our homes all the time. Why are women this way? Is it an act of wickedness, selfishness or greediness?

According to those who spoke to Saturday Vanguard on the matter, some women feel reluctant to ask their husbands for money for all the things they want for themselves. They, therefore keep their money and use it for their own needs. To these, it is simply the man’s place to provide for the family. They hardly part with their money for any family matter that does not concern them. Other women also, are said to resent their husbands’ assumed right to decide how much they should be spending on anything.

The reasons range from behavioral attitudes to social factors and even fears of the unknown.

“Hiding money helps a woman get around some problems like supporting her parents and siblings financially,” according to Chuks Nwanne, a journalist. But for Femi Salawu, Media Communication Practitioner, a woman who hides her money from her husband shows that she has trust issues.

“Although I don’t have evidence for it but I consider it to be common place that majority of women who hide their money from their husbands do so in retaliation to similar behaviour from their husbands, not necessarily because they are bad. Having said that, I don’t think it is a good attitude in a home.

Trust is the foundation of peaceful home and how couples handle money will reveal their faith in each other.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/03/women-hide-money-husbands/

This is not totally true. This is my 9th year in marriage. You know what? My hubby earns far lower than I do and am still praying to God to bless him more than me. To God be the Glory, all our properties so far are being bought with my money without you knowing. He feels less of a man sometimes that he cannot meet up with the family responsibilities. He's really working hard and I know someday, things are going to be better. My sisters assist their husbands as well. I came from a family where you don't neglect someone who is in need not to talk of your spouse. To crown it all, my mum was a superb woman, a real genius who would go extra mile to take care of her husband, children and all who encountered her. I can never forget all the good things she taught us and we are reaping her good deeds today. It so unfortunate that she didn't really enjoy us before she died. Rip Mum.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Women Hide Money From Their Husbands! by XaintJoel20: 11:12am On Mar 04, 2017
sagitariusbaby:
This may be through but all the women in my life think differently. I have seen my mum assisting my dad on different occasions as she has shouldered more financial responsibilities than my dad without making noise about it. My two sisters also share same character and my wife to be has proven to be selfless when it comes to spending.
I can't go close to any woman with such character

Please how can I reach one of your sisters?

They must be wife materials.

1 Like

Re: Why Women Hide Money From Their Husbands! by SunstarS(m): 11:12am On Mar 04, 2017
hnmmm too bad..
Listen to a Nairalander Better Than Airforce1 And The Rest..
https://www.datafilehost.com/d/78d1035a Decide for Your Self...
Re: Why Women Hide Money From Their Husbands! by repogirl(f): 11:13am On Mar 04, 2017
uss25dec:
am sure u r not up to 25yrs for saying dis rubbish. The woman is not doing a man favour if he marries her. Its a symbiotic relationship. Dnt worry, wen u reach 30 n do not v any serious man ur life, den u wud who is doing who, a favour. Confused set human beings who dnt even knw wat dey want
me right now...... Laughing at your foolish presumptions.

1 Like

Re: Why Women Hide Money From Their Husbands! by Nobody: 11:19am On Mar 04, 2017
I've dated generous ladies!...can't settle with akagum!

1 Like

Re: Why Women Hide Money From Their Husbands! by euchariadavid(f): 11:24am On Mar 04, 2017
repogirl:
Another excuse to bash women thread.... Why don't you Men just marry yourselves since women are so wicked bet no! They wee still be chasing skirts upandan! Mtcheeeeeeeewwwwwww!
Hahahaha..you have it all

3 Likes

Re: Why Women Hide Money From Their Husbands! by Sike(m): 11:24am On Mar 04, 2017
Women will be women
Re: Why Women Hide Money From Their Husbands! by euchariadavid(f): 11:24am On Mar 04, 2017
repogirl:
Another excuse to bash women thread.... Why don't you Men just marry yourselves since women are so wicked bet no! They wee still be chasing skirts upandan! Mtcheeeeeeeewwwwwww!
Hahahaha..you have said it all

1 Like

Re: Why Women Hide Money From Their Husbands! by Nobody: 11:31am On Mar 04, 2017
uss25dec:
am sure u r not up to 25yrs for saying dis rubbish. The woman is not doing a man favour if he marries her. Its a symbiotic relationship. Dnt worry, wen u reach 30 n do not v any serious man ur life, den u wud who is doing who, a favour. Confused set human beings who dnt even knw wat dey want

I know that gal. She is above 30 and not married. She will be single for long.
Re: Why Women Hide Money From Their Husbands! by Edusouls(m): 11:38am On Mar 04, 2017
heii na igbo women get am grade 1.. They re the most selfcentered,selfish and stingy creatures on earth...igbo men suffer a lot in marriage ooo and is one major reason they marry late and dont live long...
Re: Why Women Hide Money From Their Husbands! by Nobody: 11:38am On Mar 04, 2017
Guddyever:

This is not totally true. This is my 9th year in marriage. You know what? My hubby earns far lower than I do and am still praying to God to bless him more than me. To God be the Glory, all our properties so far are being bought with my money without you knowing. He feels less of a man sometimes that he cannot meet up with the family responsibilities. He's really working hard and I know someday, things are going to be better. My sisters assist their husbands as well. I came from a family where you don't neglect someone who is in need not to talk of your spouse. To crown it all, my mum was a superb woman, a real genius who would go extra mile to take care of her husband, children and all who encountered her. I can never forget all the good things she taught us and we are reaping her good deeds today. It so unfortunate that she didn't really enjoy us before she died. Rip Mum.

Women like your mum usually don't live long. My mum as a single mother, was selling banana to train us 5 children. 2 with university degree, 1 with HND, 2 learnt trades. My mum is dead, and didn't enjoy us for a minute.

I mean banana in large quantities sourced personally from hundreds of villages.
Re: Why Women Hide Money From Their Husbands! by zanga420: 11:43am On Mar 04, 2017
repogirl:
@repo, don't even go there. Like ladies don't chase dick as well. When I was younger, I used to think ladies don't need sex, that it's men disturbing them, until I knew all na pretense.

I respect ladies alot but when the obvious is stated let's not try to twist it. Thanks dear

A lady colleague was asking me some time back, if a man n a earn same salary, the lady'll still expect to receive from the man? I couldn't give a reply
Re: Why Women Hide Money From Their Husbands! by CellTabRepairs: 11:45am On Mar 04, 2017
In marriage, to each household their own!

Implement what works with understanding kapish. A woman who is not sensitive to how the head of home wants things done will live in misery.

**Click My Name & View That Resource You Need!**
Don't wait in perpetuity for job invitations after applying! March is here already today! The thief you harbour is PROCRASTINATION! Therefore don't wait until the whole year runs out!

Great dreamers don't stay idle at home. They take steps!

1 Like

Re: Why Women Hide Money From Their Husbands! by nigeriafarmer: 11:46am On Mar 04, 2017
Alighoda2:
if my wife try am,na that day the marriage go end
how will you know?
Re: Why Women Hide Money From Their Husbands! by repogirl(f): 11:48am On Mar 04, 2017
zanga420:

@repo, don't even go there. Like ladies don't chase dick as well. When I was younger, I used to think ladies don't need sex, that it's men disturbing them, until I knew all na pretense.

I respect ladies alot but when the obvious is stated let's not try to twist it. Thanks dear

A lady colleague was asking me some time back, if a man n a earn same salary, the lady'll still expect to receive from the man? I couldn't give a reply
My simple point is..... You men complain a lot. Seizing the slightest opportunity to bash the female folk. So why not simply boycott females since we are such a headache?

Agreed! we are Oloshos, prostitutes, greedy, lazy, we want to run men broke, we are promiscuous, dubious and insensitive. Simply put we are a nuisance to the society. So why not leave us alone nah?

2 Likes

Re: Why Women Hide Money From Their Husbands! by nigeriafarmer: 11:48am On Mar 04, 2017
Eddygourdo:
Its not easy to live with a woman and not wring her neck.
jail awaits you

1 Like

Re: Why Women Hide Money From Their Husbands! by Ngokafor(f): 12:03pm On Mar 04, 2017
sagitariusbaby:
This may be through but all the women in my life think differently. I have seen my mum assisting my dad on different occasions as she has shouldered more financial responsibilities than my dad without making noise about it. My two sisters also share same character and my wife to be has proven to be selfless when it comes to spending.
I can't go close to any woman with such character

...We thank a God that all the women in your life bear more financial responsibilites than their husbands..in addition to taking care of the home and kids....

...We thank God undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Women Hide Money From Their Husbands! by uss25dec: 12:03pm On Mar 04, 2017
repogirl:
Pls check d mirror n c who u r. Ask ourself "can I live without a man?". Den u wud knw dat u r stupid n dnt knw wat u r thinkg. Men r d best thing women love in this world. Even to seat up, if men dnt look at women, dey wud look rubbish. Go to women hostel n c see how dey look. Compare a girl's behaviour n dress in and outside hostel den u wud knw dat what dey do is for men n to attract men as well. Today, Create one state for women only n let Dem stay there for one yr. Can u imagine how their mentality wud b. Go there to c how dey dress everyday. Some won't bath for one week, others won't wash their hair for 3momths n keep d same hairstyle for 5monthes. By den , u wud knw dat men r made for women, not d other way round
Re: Why Women Hide Money From Their Husbands! by Eddygourdo(m): 12:05pm On Mar 04, 2017
nigeriafarmer:
jail awaits you
how have u found life in the place, mr voltron the defender of women
Re: Why Women Hide Money From Their Husbands! by uss25dec: 12:08pm On Mar 04, 2017
repogirl:
me right now...... Laughing at your foolish presumptions.
if u think dat am a fool, kindly tell me ur real age. Den if am wrong, I wud accept dat a fool. I wud even send u mtn recharge card for being truthful. Rubbish n stupid girl!
Re: Why Women Hide Money From Their Husbands! by uss25dec: 12:09pm On Mar 04, 2017
B2Spirits:

I know that gal. She is above 30 and not married. She will be single for long. Even if she gets married, she won't enjoy the bliss of marriage.
dumb for u
Re: Why Women Hide Money From Their Husbands! by Ngokafor(f): 12:17pm On Mar 04, 2017
CzarChris:
That's why I keep praying for God to give me a wife that would treat me the way my mum treated my dad. At a point my dad couldn't get a contract for over 3 years, my mum shouldered the responsibility of the home single handedly all through, through her business. Nobody knew that the home was in distress for a second.
Remembering those days I feel like giving my mother the world if I could.

......And do you know the number of married women taking care of the financial responsibilites in their various homes yesteryears and now??....Its almost the norm now so your parents financial dynamics is not a one-off..

1 Like

Re: Why Women Hide Money From Their Husbands! by Collins0609(m): 12:23pm On Mar 04, 2017
Coss we are helping ur family to buy d bad market,and we also help God by answer ur prayer for husband.apart from sex women cintributes nothing to a mans life
repogirl:
Re: Why Women Hide Money From Their Husbands! by zanga420: 12:23pm On Mar 04, 2017
repogirl:
My simple point is..... You men complain a lot. Seizing the slightest opportunity to bash the female folk. So why not simply boycott females since we are such a headache?

Agreed! we are Oloshos, prostitutes, greedy, lazy, we want to run men broke, we are promiscuous, dubious and insensitive. Simply put we are a nuisance to the society. So why not leave us alone nah?
hey! Chill. We're not in battle of sexes here. This is talking of bad attitudes of some males which some ladies do generalize. It's like calling out the egocentric or brute attitudes of some guys. So what the topic meant to achieve is change of attitude from those guilty of it. It's myopic seeing this as female bashing topic. Besides females also need males, so the 'need' goes both ways.
Re: Why Women Hide Money From Their Husbands! by VanBommel(m): 12:24pm On Mar 04, 2017
repogirl:
girls should marry themselves and impregnate themselves too. Oniranu oshi
Re: Why Women Hide Money From Their Husbands! by repogirl(f): 12:27pm On Mar 04, 2017
uss25dec:
if u think dat am a fool, kindly tell me ur real age. Den if am wrong, I wud accept dat a fool. I wud even send u mtn recharge card for being truthful. Rubbish n stupid girl!
Follow my previous posts on this forum and get an idea of who I am before you display your foolishness for free on the internet.

Sewage rat like you who cannot spell or correctly put together a sentence, coming on to Nairaland and feeling like a human being. Replying your betters who you cannot even look at in real life.

From the way you type, it's obvious you use a cheapass expired device and you claim you want to send who which stupid MTN recharge? Cheapass scumbag.

You seem to presume everyone on the internet is a hopeless miscreant like yourself.

I don't need your cheap MTN rubbish. Send me your account details and let me feed you for a month. Now crawl back to the sewers you slithered out of.

Na ban dey fear me or else, I would have conveniently replied all these garage imps disturbing my mentions.

You better realise now how foolish you are and change for the better but we all know a fool will hardly ever repent from his foolishness. Bye fool!

2 Likes

Re: Why Women Hide Money From Their Husbands! by Nobody: 12:27pm On Mar 04, 2017
uss25dec:
dumb for u

I don't get u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Delivers Triplets "After 9 Years Of Name-calling And Insults" / My Ex Wife Kidnapped My Daughter / Wives Battered 340 Husbands To Pulp In 1yr —lagos Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.