Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Review Of Popular Atheists: Does Atheism Teach Morals? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Review Of Popular Atheists: Does Atheism Teach Morals? (4050 Views)

Supposed Picture Of Popular Comedian Pulling Down Lady's Pants Stirs Controversy / DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? / Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Review Of Popular Atheists: Does Atheism Teach Morals? by hopefulLandlord: 9:58pm On Mar 04, 2017
Richirich713:

Depends on if they following the true God, if not then objective morality isn't grounded in their "version" of god.

interesting, and what if this true god (if he exists) happen to be the deistic version of god?
Re: Review Of Popular Atheists: Does Atheism Teach Morals? by hopefulLandlord: 10:01pm On Mar 04, 2017
frank317:

I really don't know what I mean by group
To ur question... I don't think so. I am not a rapist neither am i a murderer. I have seen many people who believe in God involve in all the vices u mentioned. What's ur point?

exactly what Hitchens means by that challenge

1. You are to name a moral action undertaken or a moral or ethical statement made by a believer that could not have been made by an unbeliever

2. Think of something wicked that only a believer would be likely to do or something wicked that only a believer would be likely to say.

till date, NO theist has been able to give a straightforward answer

apologist WLC was the funniest, He answered the first question with "Paying Tithes" grin
Re: Review Of Popular Atheists: Does Atheism Teach Morals? by hopefulLandlord: 10:05pm On Mar 04, 2017
enshy:

Individuals!
He does what he likes, every mad man would seem to love that!
Check up, there are more atheists in the prisons!

Its for the low lives!

what? Randomperson, come and see the bolded grin
Re: Review Of Popular Atheists: Does Atheism Teach Morals? by Richirich713: 10:07pm On Mar 04, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

interesting, and what if this true god (if he exists) happen to be the deistic version of god?

Not sure, haven't thought about thru.
Re: Review Of Popular Atheists: Does Atheism Teach Morals? by timiawe123: 10:19pm On Mar 04, 2017
enshy:

Morality is personal choice...Fair!
What guides the persons choice?
As you can see up there that your mentors in atheism lacked the will to control their appetites. They were slaves to their desires.
Yours is guided by damage it will do to you..So you could kill, steal, lie so far it has no damage to you?
On what principles is your moral based as you dont have a Guide?

Why should I kill, steal or deceive people?
What do I gain from murdering or stealing?

When a religious person like you comes here to prove moral superiority, I will immediately open your bible to dismantle any argument you come to spew here.

Your god says: thou shalt not kill
The same god:
Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass. ( 1 Samuel 15:3)

Your god that commands his "people" to kill women and toddlers and infants is supposedly the same one coming to give commandments.

Clearly, anything your god says is technically correct whether it is morally right or wrong.

You expect us to draw morality from a god whose word endorses slavery and tells slaves to be obedient to their masters and even tells slave owners how to treat slaves.

As humans we came to know that slavery was wrong not because of your god or any religious books.
We know slavery is wrong because our morality has evolved to that point.

Your religious book tells people to kill gays, non virgin, disobedient kids and people who work on sabbath but you don't do that because it is barbaric.

4 Likes

Re: Review Of Popular Atheists: Does Atheism Teach Morals? by timiawe123: 10:23pm On Mar 04, 2017
Also, talking about crimes, 98% of criminals in prisons are religious people. You can check it up if you doubt it.
Re: Review Of Popular Atheists: Does Atheism Teach Morals? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Mar 04, 2017
Enshy's threads are trash. I wonder why atheists pay attention to him. People like him I come and gone.

Felixomo.r and Ebuka know better. Bye jare
Re: Review Of Popular Atheists: Does Atheism Teach Morals? by enshy: 10:54pm On Mar 04, 2017
timiawe123:

Why should I kill, steal or deceive people?
What do I gain from murdering or stealing?

When a religious person like you comes here to prove moral superiority, I will immediately open your bible to dismantle any argument you come to spew here.

Your god says: thou shalt not kill
The same god:
Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass. ( 1 Samuel 15:3)

Your god that commands his "people" to kill women and toddlers and infants is supposedly the same one coming to give commandments.

Clearly, anything your god says is technically correct whether it is morally right or wrong.

You expect us to draw morality from a god whose word endorses slavery and tells slaves to be obedient to their masters and even tells slave owners how to treat slaves.

As humans we came to know that slavery was wrong not because of your god or any religious books.
We know slavery is wrong because our morality has evolved to that point.

Your religious book tells people to kill gays, non virgin, disobedient kids and people who work on sabbath but you don't do that because it is barbaric.

Mr,
Your life just confirmed what I have been thinking.
You said in your past posts that you had been a xtian and were saved.
Now you ask about moral superiority, if you were indeed born again, you will know that.
You were never born again, your failings in the flesh made it impossible to please God and you needed the easy way out - atheism!
Thats the story of all of you! You couldnt control your desires, appetites and lust! You needed to convince urself there wouldnt be punishment, but surely there would be.
Every atheist left xtianity because they failed God! Now, you enjoy your life at will. Mark Twain died a cigar addict puffing 20cigars daily, Hutchens died obese and a drunk! What lesson is there for a sane heart?
You read the bible upside down to the detriment of your soul and spue rubbish!
Shame! You have nothing to say than rubbish!!
No doubt anymore in my heart that an atheist is a low life whose depravity is his glory!
Fathers of atheism lived reckless lives of drunkeness, financial waste, tobacco addiction, gluttony-obesity.
Carnal souls devoid of help! 'having eyes full of adultery and cannot cease from sin, beguiling, unstables souls and heart exercised with covetousness, cursed children' - II Pet 2:14.
Repent and flee from the wrath to come! Judgement is imminent and it will surely come.
Re: Review Of Popular Atheists: Does Atheism Teach Morals? by enshy: 11:10pm On Mar 04, 2017
adepeter26:
Enshy's threads are trash. I wonder why atheists pay attention to him. People like him I come and gone.

Felixomo.r and Ebuka know better. Bye jare
Yes they are thrash to those who wouldnt see the Truth.
I have seen in all atheist one common denominator/truth..They were mostly one time xtians.
They left xtianity because they failed God!
You all couldnt stand the guilt in your consciences and rather deadened them.
Your failings, depravity and carnality were your bane on the xtian race! You needed the easy way out - atheism!
The fathers of atheism were reckless souls, depraved hearts, consumed of carnality in financial waste, drunkeness and cigar addiction! They are so burning in Hell now! Reality must have dawned on them! Believe or not judgement is coming..
A life without Christ is a life of waste! The pains of eternity will drown you! Repent while you may!!
I cant be intimidated by any of you! I am up there!
No glory in atheism, all I have seen is shame, fraud, deception, inconsistence..A low life ruined by feeding the flesh.
People who through much supposed reasoning and logic have made mockery have their intelligence...
May God have mercy on you!
Re: Review Of Popular Atheists: Does Atheism Teach Morals? by Wilgrea7(m): 12:05am On Mar 05, 2017
Richirich713:

Depends on if they following the true God, if not then objective morality isn't grounded in their "version" of god.

I've been asking myself.... what is this criteria for determining which God is the true God?? please don't tell me its the bible because different religions have their different books... I'm asking sincerely... not to ridicule you... thanks

cc: hopefullandlord
Re: Review Of Popular Atheists: Does Atheism Teach Morals? by Richirich713: 9:22am On Mar 05, 2017
Wilgrea7:

I've been asking myself.... what is this criteria for determining which God is the true God?? please don't tell me its the bible because different religions have their different books... I'm asking sincerely... not to ridicule you... thanks

cc: hopefullandlord

Evaluate the claims each religion makes, specifically the essential claims.
Re: Review Of Popular Atheists: Does Atheism Teach Morals? by Godstraight(m): 10:17am On Mar 05, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

just for fun sake,I will like to know the unbeliever moral equivalent to martin luther/Mandela
2.the only wicked thing that only a believer can do is commit evil in the name of Hus/her god.
Re: Review Of Popular Atheists: Does Atheism Teach Morals? by Godstraight(m): 10:19am On Mar 05, 2017
Richirich713:

Evaluate the claims each religion makes, specifically the essential claims.
every body makes claims,its evidence that matters
Re: Review Of Popular Atheists: Does Atheism Teach Morals? by Pastafarian: 11:29am On Mar 05, 2017
Hopefullandlord is banned
Godstraight:
just for fun sake,I will like to know the unbeliever moral equivalent to martin luther/Mandela

even better, Jose Pepe Mujica

we also have atheist president like José Alberto "Pepe" Mujica Cordanohas of Uruguay described as "the world's 'humblest' president" due to his austere lifestyle and his donation of around 90 percent of his $12,000 monthly salary to charities that benefit poor people and small entrepreneurs. he lived in a bungalow before during and after his reign, drove one single Volkswagen tortoise car too

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4120168_ur3_jpeg368b1bc37b57f130023232c2426ac4f7

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4120166_ur2_jpeg04006ba002a71eb85ebebb239f6c0cd1

no theist president has ever been as humble and charitable as he is, to the best of my knowledge

2.the only wicked thing that only a believer can do is commit evil in the name of Hus/her god.

exactly! why the Hitchens challenge has been a bone in the throat of everyone who's attempted to answer it
Re: Review Of Popular Atheists: Does Atheism Teach Morals? by enshy: 12:28pm On Mar 05, 2017
LightandDarkness:
whats wrong with liking food and wine
Nothing but all is wrong when you cant control your use of them.
When your emotions rule your knowledge, then thats possession there! You need help!
When you consume 20cigars/day, eat like your life depends, every food you sight must be consumed, drink wine more than water and every street knows you a drunk, then, you need help asap!
Such an one needs Jesus the antidote to self destruction!
Re: Review Of Popular Atheists: Does Atheism Teach Morals? by frank317: 1:49pm On Mar 05, 2017
enshy:

Nothing but all is wrong when you cant control your use of them.
When your emotions rule your knowledge, then thats possession there! You need help!
When you consume 20cigars/day, eat like your life depends, every food you sight must be consumed, drink wine more than water and every street knows you a drunk, then, you need help asap!
Such an one needs Jesus the antidote to self destruction!

How has anybody harmed or wronged u by consuming 20 sticks of cigars a day?
Re: Review Of Popular Atheists: Does Atheism Teach Morals? by enshy: 1:59pm On Mar 05, 2017
frank317:

How has anybody harmed or wronged u by consuming 20 sticks of cigars a day?
Its a signboard to depravity, addiction and self destruction...I preach total freedom!
I care for every soul in that condition...I used to visit the prison preaching the message of hope. I have seen depraved souls lives change...I call it reformation/transformation!
Re: Review Of Popular Atheists: Does Atheism Teach Morals? by frank317: 2:06pm On Mar 05, 2017
enshy:

Its a signboard to depravity, addiction and self destruction...I preach total freedom!
I care for every soul in that condition...I used to visit the prison preaching the message of hope. I have seen depraved souls lives change...I call it reformation/transformation!

U area slave to Jewish believe... U can't offer freedom to free people when u are not free.

Get rid of Jewish belief, stop bowing to a dead Jew the. U can come and talk to me about freedom.

1 Like

Re: Review Of Popular Atheists: Does Atheism Teach Morals? by enshy: 3:32pm On Mar 05, 2017
frank317:

U area slave to Jewish believe... U can't offer freedom to free people when u are not free.

Get rid of Jewish belief, stop bowing to a dead Jew the. U can come and talk to me about freedom.
The Gospel of Jesus = Gospel of Freedom
Its not for someone like you...The Xtian message isnt for all.
It exposes the poverty of the rich, foolishness of the wise, weakness of the mighty thereby seeing their need for God!
You dont need God, you even claim he doesnt exist, you hurl insults at Him at will and dare Him to touch you.
O vain man, who hath bewitched you, you are proud, lofty, haughty, having eyes that cant cease from sin, accursed children full of pride like their Father, the devil...Behold, Gods judgment is now upon you! Repent now lest you perish without trace!
Re: Review Of Popular Atheists: Does Atheism Teach Morals? by frank317: 4:35pm On Mar 05, 2017
enshy:

The Gospel of Jesus = Gospel of Freedom
Its not for someone like you...The Xtian message isnt for all.
It exposes the poverty of the rich, foolishness of the wise, weakness of the mighty thereby seeing their need for God!
You dont need God, you even claim he doesnt exist, you hurl insults at Him at will and dare Him to touch you.
O vain man, who hath bewitched you, you are proud, lofty, haughty, having eyes that cant cease from sin, accursed children full of pride like their Father, the devil...Behold, Gods judgment is now upon you! Repent now lest you perish without trace!

You sure my man are a confused being. You tell me the gospel bus not for me and you call me out to repent... U need help.

Well, of course the gospel is not for me... My mission is to expose the foolishness in you message. And you can call me bewitched, proud, lofty or whatever just because I don't buy your fairy tales... The fact will always remain: you God only exists in your head, you are a slave to Jewish tales... You brain needs total overhauling.

Don't sell freedom when u obviously don't have one
Re: Review Of Popular Atheists: Does Atheism Teach Morals? by enshy: 8:34pm On Mar 05, 2017
frank317:

You sure my man are a confused being. You tell me the gospel bus not for me and you call me out to repent... U need help.

Well, of course the gospel is not for me... My mission is to expose the foolishness in you message. And you can call me bewitched, proud, lofty or whatever just because I don't buy your fairy tales... The fact will always remain: you God only exists in your head, you are a slave to Jewish tales... You brain needs total overhauling.

Don't sell freedom when u obviously don't have one
See how much ignorance there is in you.
You dont know if something isnt for you, you can get it by deligence, favour, persistence, perseverance!
I have said atheism is demon possession, you really are blind to the Truth!
Im tired of giving lectures to insane minds and pervert souls.
O generation of vipers, Gods wrath is upon you in full measure and His hand wont be withheld..You have made urself first fruits of warning to the world!
Re: Review Of Popular Atheists: Does Atheism Teach Morals? by Pastafarian: 8:38pm On Mar 05, 2017
enshy:

You dont know if something isnt for you, you can get it by deligence, favour, persistence, perseverance!
O generation of vipers, Gods wrath is upon you in full measure and His hand wont be withheld..You have made urself first fruits of warning to the world!

Hehehehehehehehe
Re: Review Of Popular Atheists: Does Atheism Teach Morals? by frank317: 9:27pm On Mar 05, 2017
enshy:

Sharrraaaap... U are just talking nonsense and thinking u are making sense. Mr knowledge, what do u have?
Ur God is fake, he exists only in ur head. There is no wrath, just ur wish.and that what it will remain,a mere wish. No one is going to suffer for not believing in ur fake ideology, just deal with it.
Re: Review Of Popular Atheists: Does Atheism Teach Morals? by enshy: 9:37pm On Mar 05, 2017
frank317:

Sharrraaaap... U are just talking nonsense and thinking u are making sense. Mr knowledge, what do u have?
Ur God is fake, he exists only in ur head. There is no wrath, just ur wish.and that what it will remain,a mere wish. No one is going to suffer for not believing in ur fake ideology, just deal with it.
Are you scared of the wrath to come?
Dont waste your emotions.
Run to Jesus and settle with Him lest you perish without trace!
Re: Review Of Popular Atheists: Does Atheism Teach Morals? by Pastafarian: 9:41pm On Mar 05, 2017
enshy:

I hope you know you're not making logical or reasonable sense, just appeal to emotions
Re: Review Of Popular Atheists: Does Atheism Teach Morals? by frank317: 9:46pm On Mar 05, 2017
enshy:

Lol... Is it paining am not scared? U can't believe that someone is not scared of ur fake God? U are wishing am scared?

Ur Jesus is dead... He was killed by common Jewish soldiers. Yet u think he will come back, even if it's possible for him to be back imagine how scared he will be of morden soldiers with sophisticated weapons.

1 Like

Re: Review Of Popular Atheists: Does Atheism Teach Morals? by enshy: 9:49pm On Mar 05, 2017
Pastafarian:

I hope you know you're not making logical or reasonable sense, just appeal to emotions
&
Have you made one?
Please educate me on creation.
Tell us about the concept of the man & world
Pls remember to make reasonable and logical sense
Vain hypocrites who say God doesnt exist but know nothing about the beginning and end of life..They dont know yet they know God doesnt exist!
Generation of vipers, accused children, evil men deluded of the Truth!
Judgment is coming and it will be swift!
Repent now while it is called today..You might not have a tomorrow.
Re: Review Of Popular Atheists: Does Atheism Teach Morals? by enshy: 9:55pm On Mar 05, 2017
frank317:

Lol... Is it paining am not scared? U can't believe that someone is not scared of ur fake God? U are wishing am scared?

Ur Jesus is dead... He was killed by common Jewish soldiers. Yet u think he will come back, even if it's possible for him to be back imagine how scared he will be of morden soldiers with sophisticated weapons.
He will surely be back with Glory, Splendour and Power!
You will wish you were dead when the great tribulation soldiers torment you..
Vain man who says if he comes, He will!
God is fake but you have developed HBP to prove he doesnt exist...Your Fathers Mark and Christopher lived on cigars and drunkeness and died shamelessly.
They are so burning in hell now.
You may either choose to be damned with them or reconsider!
Re: Review Of Popular Atheists: Does Atheism Teach Morals? by frank317: 10:19pm On Mar 05, 2017
enshy:

He will surely be back with Glory, Splendour and Power!
You will wish you were dead when the great tribulation soldiers torment you..
Vain man who says if he comes, He will!
God is fake but you have developed HBP to prove he doesnt exist...Your Fathers Mark and Christopher lived on cigars and drunkeness and died shamelessly.
They are so burning in hell now.
You may either choose to be damned with them or reconsider!

Lol... Your God is a clown

Your God exists and u spend sleepless hours trying to tell us about him, na so person de exist for ur village?
Re: Review Of Popular Atheists: Does Atheism Teach Morals? by niyihawking(m): 10:47pm On Mar 05, 2017
enshy:

Good, you did well.
Therefore you are a group of people who dont believe in existence of a God! Correct? If yes? Now 2 things:
1. If a group of people with just one common understanding, you should have guiding principles as seen in all formed groups around the world.
2. The name atheism shouldnt be applicable then cos atheism- depicts process, a way of being an atheist, what you should see in an atheist..The group is better called Atheist Group!
Now going by your explanation, dont you think your group will boast of the highest number of drunks, smokers, drug addicts, womanizers, rapists, murderers because logic/reasoning tells me that current flows in the path of least resistance.
It can be concluded then that atheists are naturally people who are driven by desires, lust, vain appetites, that found the concept of divine punishment detrimental to their way of life and therefore chose the easy way out - there is no God, for if there is one, there would be punishment!

How can an Almighty God create someone with a rotten brain.
Address the subject matter and stop oscillating.
Re: Review Of Popular Atheists: Does Atheism Teach Morals? by enshy: 5:53am On Mar 06, 2017
niyihawking:

How can an Almighty God create someone with a rotten brain.
Address the subject matter and stop oscillating.
But God isnt to blame for the rotteness of your brain.
You damaged it by your vain beliefs.
Hell awaits you who has sold his soul to the devil!
Vain hypocrites, accursed children who have changed the Truth of God to a lie.
Gods rod of judgement dangles on your head...Time is no more.
You either repent or perish!
You have no knowledge neither of beginning of life nor end of life, yet there is no God!
You cant but be a candidate for hell!
Re: Review Of Popular Atheists: Does Atheism Teach Morals? by enshy: 6:01am On Mar 06, 2017
frank317:

Lol... Your God is a clown

Your God exists and u spend sleepless hours trying to tell us about him, na so person de exist for ur village?
Thats proof He exists!
You who spends hours proving there is no God, how wise?
You, yes you, will equally have your part in hell if you dont repent.
Your show of shame has become obvious to all...Atheism has been stripped now, the madness of your logic and reason has been brought to light.
I have no doubts that you were a pervert who wanted to silence his conscience.
You wont escape eternal damnation in hell!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rare Pictures Of Mary Slessor And Children In Calabar / How The Catholic Church Created Islam By DR. ALBERTO RIVERA / Deep Knowledge Of Eartum, The Civilized Brother Of Yahweh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.