Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Redeemed Church Copying Roman Catholic Tradition - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Redeemed Church Copying Roman Catholic Tradition (2027 Views)

RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday / Daddy Freeze: Stop Giving Winners And Redeemed Church Members Financial Aids / Redeemed Church Opens Inside Beer Parlour In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Redeemed Church Copying Roman Catholic Tradition by Nobody: 9:42pm On Mar 04, 2017
I just tuned in to the redeemed channel only to see them outing anointing oil on the foreheads of their members like the way Catholics do.

Re: Redeemed Church Copying Roman Catholic Tradition by Nobody: 9:45pm On Mar 04, 2017
I was even thinking it was ash but eventually saw it was oil.
I bet you very soon these people will start their own ash Wednesday.
They keep fighting the Catholic doctrines only to end up copying it eventually.e.g Holy Communion.

Re: Redeemed Church Copying Roman Catholic Tradition by Nobody: 9:48pm On Mar 04, 2017
They use annionting oil, holy water, and receive communion yet they criticize people who discovered and have practiced these things centuries ago till date cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Redeemed Church Copying Roman Catholic Tradition by Nobody: 9:51pm On Mar 04, 2017
It is nothing to bother anyone. I heard them conclude prayers 'in the name of the Father and Son and the Holy Spirit'. They also call their pastor 'daddy' meaning Father. Oyedepo's group now wear his medallion. They may not get to the stage of Eucharistic celebration and the deep Catholic rituals but they are welcome

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Redeemed Church Copying Roman Catholic Tradition by Nobody: 9:59pm On Mar 04, 2017
kITATITA:
It is nothing to bother anyone. I heard them conclude prayers 'in the name of the Father and Son and the Holy Spirit'. They also call their pastor 'daddy' meaning Father. Oyedepo's group now wear his medallion. They may not get to the stage of Eucharistic celebration and the deep Catholic rituals but they are welcome

And they feel it's OK to call their pastor 'daddy' while they call us idol worshippers when we honour the mother of God.

1 Like

Re: Redeemed Church Copying Roman Catholic Tradition by agabaI23(m): 9:59pm On Mar 04, 2017
Is that your preocupation? I am Catholic but I think you are barking the wrong tree. Let them worship God the way they deem fit. They don't have to do it your way.
Re: Redeemed Church Copying Roman Catholic Tradition by Nobody: 10:06pm On Mar 04, 2017
sexybaby22:

And they feel it's OK to call their pastor 'daddy' while they call us idol worshippers when we honour the mother of God.
Don't join them in their game of condemnation. I know the special feeling and deep spiritual connection I encounter with every Eucharistic celebration. Anybody that leaves the Catholic Church never got to understand the faith

2 Likes

Re: Redeemed Church Copying Roman Catholic Tradition by Nobody: 10:11pm On Mar 04, 2017
agabaI23:
Is that your preocupation? I am Catholic but I think you are barking the wrong tree. Let them worship God the way they deem fit. They don't have to fo it your way.

I will defend my faith. Everyday, everywhere.
Re: Redeemed Church Copying Roman Catholic Tradition by CoolFreeday(m): 10:15pm On Mar 04, 2017
We should grow above all these. church will not take anyone to heaven.

2 Likes

Re: Redeemed Church Copying Roman Catholic Tradition by Omoluabi16(m): 10:33pm On Mar 04, 2017
You see, that is the problem I have with you Catholics. are you just discovering Pentecostal church do anointing with oil..take communion? Ascribing Holy communion as a catholic ideology is false, misinforming and mischievous. The holy Communion is BIBLICAL, BIBLICALLY instructed. So what's with this 'our' y'all using here? I bet ya redeem, mfm, deeper life, chosen and other Pentecostal churches take the communion. O.p do you even read the bible

2 Likes

Re: Redeemed Church Copying Roman Catholic Tradition by Nobody: 10:34pm On Mar 04, 2017
why re Christians always questioning d belief of other Christians. I doubt if we re serving the same God through Jesus.
sometimes give converting to Muslim a thought.

1 Like

Re: Redeemed Church Copying Roman Catholic Tradition by agabaI23(m): 10:35pm On Mar 04, 2017
sexybaby22:

Have they stopped you from practising your faith? This your post smacks of insecurity. You are happy they are doing things your like you? What are defending in this post?

1 Like

Re: Redeemed Church Copying Roman Catholic Tradition by Omoluabi16(m): 10:36pm On Mar 04, 2017
Pidgin2:
They use annionting oil, holy water, and receive communion yet they criticize people who discovered and have practiced these things centuries ago till date cheesy
you of all people. the anointing and communion wasn't DISCOVERED, but was a DIVINE instruction from God.

1 Like

Re: Redeemed Church Copying Roman Catholic Tradition by agabaI23(m): 10:38pm On Mar 04, 2017
Ighoga898:
why re Christians always questioning d belief of other Christians. I doubt if we re serving the same God through Jesus.
sometimes give converting to Muslim a thought.
Yea like Shia moslems and sunni muslims abi? Plus other sects. Tell me another story again in Tuface voice
Re: Redeemed Church Copying Roman Catholic Tradition by destinysaid(m): 10:45pm On Mar 04, 2017
sexybaby22:

u focus on what hypocrites n haters say, true Christians know that only the word of God is true.
We may HV diff ways of worshipping God, but all key elements remain.
1. Coming to the father through Jesus
2.Belief in the holy spirit
3.belief and non alteration of the word of God
4.following the commandments Nd the modifications Jesus did on them(Jesus actually explained it better, not modify per say)
5.belief in baptism

Whosoever follows these doctrines n more are under the body of Christ

Remember, Jesus preached love not hate,

Also the way u feel spirituality in the Catholic church is d way I feel it in living faith church.

(I'm a former Catholic who holds the traditions close to heart, but sort WHR my spiritual needs could be fulfilled)
Re: Redeemed Church Copying Roman Catholic Tradition by destinysaid(m): 10:46pm On Mar 04, 2017
Omoluabi16:
you of all people. the anointing and communion wasn't DISCOVERED, but was a DIVINE instruction from God.
thank you, was getting to that, ppl these days from a y church Dnt read their bibles any more, al they know is #slayqueen angry
Re: Redeemed Church Copying Roman Catholic Tradition by Omoluabi16(m): 10:51pm On Mar 04, 2017
destinysaid:
thank you, was getting to that, ppl these days from a y church Dnt read their bibles any more, al they know is #slayqueen angry
walahi brothers. Communion na new thing? No doubt the O.p never read Corinthians wey hammer on communion. Biblical kings were anointed as a sign of blessing, yet someone would just create an empty thread devoid of fact and logical reasoning. I don't argue with these people, but this thread is Bs
Re: Redeemed Church Copying Roman Catholic Tradition by destinysaid(m): 10:54pm On Mar 04, 2017
kITATITA:

Don't join them in their game of condemnation. I know the special feeling and deep spiritual connection I encounter with every Eucharistic celebration. Anybody that leaves the Catholic Church never got to understand the faith
actually we do, I left bcus I wasn't feeling that faith there, we are humans with diff personalities, diff ways of view.

If u read the Bible u find out that even in d times of Paul, peter and other apostles, (read through the letters written throughout the new testament) differences were already springing up in the churches worldwide.
Some of the letters of the new testament was to remind all these new churches of the core value for which they stood.
Re: Redeemed Church Copying Roman Catholic Tradition by destinysaid(m): 11:01pm On Mar 04, 2017
Omoluabi16:
walahi brothers. Communion na new thing? No doubt the O.p never read Corinthians wey hammer on communion. Biblical kings were anointed as a sign of blessing, yet someone would just create an empty thread devoid of fact and logical reasoning. I don't argue with these people, but this thread is Bs
it's morethsn Be, it highlights the rift between diff Christian factions, WHR some ppl see themselves as victims.

If gives power to atheists, n justification to oda religions. Little things like this is what makes ppl look down on Christians.

I leave it at this, OP and all who are Christians
1 Corinthians 1:10(go n read it Jor)
Re: Redeemed Church Copying Roman Catholic Tradition by peteregwu(m): 11:17pm On Mar 04, 2017
Hmm... Wonder shall never end. I dey see something. what's the point of claiming holy ghost Church? When you end up in olive oil, water etc una one day go start to dey candles an incense as well. What is the difference BTW the ad white garment.

That is how many of them will get initiated into demonic Kingdom.

I was born and brought in white garment Church for more than 20yrs. You guys should better stop in joining them takin Al those jargon s n the church. It s the greatest tool of occult men to initiate you either yu knowing it. Be warned! e
Re: Redeemed Church Copying Roman Catholic Tradition by Nobody: 5:52am On Mar 05, 2017
Omoluabi16:

FYI you pentecostals were criticizing us for it, go and do your findings
Re: Redeemed Church Copying Roman Catholic Tradition by Nobody: 5:55am On Mar 05, 2017
sexybaby22:
I just tuned in to the redeemed channel only to see them outing anointing oil on the foreheads of their members like the way Catholics do.
Anointing members on their fore head isn't something new as its scriptural.
Re: Redeemed Church Copying Roman Catholic Tradition by Nobody: 5:58am On Mar 05, 2017
sexybaby22:
I was even thinking it was ash but eventually saw it was oil.
I bet you very soon these people will start their own ash Wednesday.
They keep fighting the Catholic doctrines only to end up copying it eventually.e.g Holy Communion.
Holy communion isn't something new as it's scriptural but ashes on one's fore head during lent is something I haven't seen in the new testament Bible. The apostles didn't mourn Jesus by using ashes except it's stated otherwise
Re: Redeemed Church Copying Roman Catholic Tradition by Nobody: 5:59am On Mar 05, 2017
kITATITA:
Hmmmm you're not far from the truth
Re: Redeemed Church Copying Roman Catholic Tradition by Nobody: 6:01am On Mar 05, 2017
sexybaby22:

You guys worship Mary you don't honour her.At least in every mass her name is mentioned. To worsen it,you guys bow to her statues which God hates the most

1 Like

Re: Redeemed Church Copying Roman Catholic Tradition by Nobody: 6:03am On Mar 05, 2017
Omoluabi16:
You see, that is the problem I have with you Catholics. are you just discovering Pentecostal church do anointing with oil..take communion? Ascribing Holy communion as a catholic ideology is false, misinforming and mischievous. The holy Communion is BIBLICAL, BIBLICALLY instructed. So what's with this 'our' y'all using here? I bet ya redeem, mfm, deeper life, chosen and other Pentecostal churches take the communion. O.p do you even read the bible
Don't mind her
Re: Redeemed Church Copying Roman Catholic Tradition by Omoluabi16(m): 6:17am On Mar 05, 2017
Pidgin2:

FYI you pentecostals were criticizing us for it, go and do your findings
I've lived long enough, and I can't recollect any Pentecostal criticizing the Catholic for something as symbolic in Christianity as the holy Communion. Anyone who disagrees with communion does not know what he is saying.how would any person criticize communion knowing how important it is

Still I'm worried, the o.p seemed to portray these things as 'our' or something the Catholic church instituted.
Re: Redeemed Church Copying Roman Catholic Tradition by Nobody: 6:30am On Mar 05, 2017
Omoluabi16:
I've lived long enough, and I can't recollect any Pentecostal criticizing the Catholic for something as symbolic in Christianity as the holy Communion. Anyone who disagrees with communion does not know what he is saying.how would any person criticize communion knowing how important it is

Still I'm worried, the o.p seemed to portray these things as 'our' or something the Catholic church instituted.

You pentecostals were not practicing it. The likes of Pastor Kumuyi, Idahosa, Josiah Olufemi and Co who were the founding fathers of pentecostals in Nigeria did not practice it. Holy communion is relatively new amongst Nigerian pentecostals no need to argue. Even anointing oil and holy water were criticized by them and was not being used until recently, go and do your research or ask people who know better than you.
Re: Redeemed Church Copying Roman Catholic Tradition by Omoluabi16(m): 6:44am On Mar 05, 2017
Pidgin2:

You pentecostals were not practicing it. The likes of Pastor Kumuyi, Idahosa, Josiah Olufemi and Co who were the founding fathers of pentecostals in Nigeria did not practice it. Holy communion is relatively new amongst Nigerian pentecostals no need to argue. Even anointing oil and holy water were criticized by them and was not being used until recently, go and do your research or ask people who know better than you.
lol.
First off, I can not verify your claims of those two not practicing holy Communion.But I'm very sure It's explicitly stated in the bible. No Pentecostal pastor has ever criticized the use of anointing oil, that I am 100% sure of. the name 'pentecost' itself is associated with anointing.
Still on still, let's say they didn't believe in it before until last month feb. You think Catholics are like the trailblazers when every prophet used oil to anoint every king in the days of old? You should be happy for us for just discovering last month..the O.p was gloating, that at last we were copying you Catholics.
Re: Redeemed Church Copying Roman Catholic Tradition by Nobody: 7:40am On Mar 05, 2017
Pidgin2:

Pidgin2:

Sister you fall my hand, really.
Used to admired your posts from afar but I thought you would be more informed and savvy than this.
You've spoiled my Sunday.

Nothing irritates me like Christians going against themselves, especially on doctrinal issues.

2 Timothy 2:23
Titus 3:9. (NLT)

PS: I'm neither Catholic nor Protestant (Pentecostal), I'm a Christian.

1 Like

Re: Redeemed Church Copying Roman Catholic Tradition by Nobody: 7:45am On Mar 05, 2017
It's only Paediatric Christians who make these arguments above.
This was exactly what Paul sought to address in
1 Corinthians 1: 11-13
When we get to heaven, would you queue up behind the Pope or behind Rev Fr XYZ or Adeboye or Kumuyi?
Did any of them die for you?
Can any of them give you life or answer your prayers?
Are you even sure any of them would make heaven?
This is the mistake immature xtians make all the time.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life, no one comes to the Father except through me"
"Let every man work out his salvation with fear and trembling"

1 Like

Re: Redeemed Church Copying Roman Catholic Tradition by Nobody: 8:21am On Mar 05, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Holy communion isn't something new as it's scriptural but ashes on one's fore head during lent is something I haven't seen in the new testament Bible. The apostles didn't mourn Jesus by using ashes except it's stated otherwise

We follow both the old and new treatment. I am sure you also believe in the ten commandments right ? Which is in the olsd testament. The Israelites used to fast and cover themselves with ashes whenever they sinned as a sign of repentance. It's in your Bible.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Wrong To Speak Against Pastors And Men Of God? / Homosexuals Are Proof That God Is Not Perfect. / Giving 10% Tithe To Your Church Is Not Giving To GOD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.