Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:56 PM

Hire A Farm Manager To Manage Your Farm When You Are Busy - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hire A Farm Manager To Manage Your Farm When You Are Busy (905 Views)

Own A Farm Today / Farmland Mapping and Soil analysis Solutions / Man Without Legs Ploughing On A Farm (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hire A Farm Manager To Manage Your Farm When You Are Busy by olusegundire(m): 6:01am On Mar 05, 2017
Farming is a serious business for serious minded person..it is lucrative and with a lot of opportunities.....
5 secrets you have to understand

Farming is a business.

Farming could be a profitable business in Nigeria, if you understand it to be a “business”. The first problem we have about encouraging Nigerians to embrace farming is that, most people see agriculture as a very dirty thing. How did we arrive at this mindset?

Because our forefathers were subsistence farmer. They were poor and dirty. This has made us to have a wrong conclusion about the whole concept of farming.

The good news is, farming can be a source of wealth for you. There are now many commercial farmers who are wealthy.

Farm produce will always be of high demand.

Business world is unstable. A product that rains today may be nothing tomorrow, but farm produce is different. People must continue eating three times each day, and since we only have certain limited numbers of food, we have to eat the same foods week after week.

If you`re like me who like banana and orange, you will not resist banana or orange because you ate them yesterday. People who love water melon, carrot, beans, rice, yam, plantain, cassava products, etc. will not say, “I bought this last week, so I won`t buy again”.

Most of us eat fish or meat every day, so cow price will surely keep on increasing. Catfish must continue selling, Titus and other fish in Nigeria must continue selling. Poultry birds, chicken, turkey, etc. will always have market demand.

If you understand this fact, you`ll be encouraged to go into farming business as a Nigerian.

Nigerian population is increasing at alarming rate.

I wish I could stop it, but I cannot. Lol.

As at the time of writing this tutorial, Nigeria is the 10th biggest country in the whole world (with our population as over 172 million). Wow! We`re in a mighty country. But that`s not all, by the year 5050, Nigeria is projected to be the 3rd biggest country of the entire world.

What does this has to do with agriculture in Nigeria?

Well, the more population there is in a particular environment, the vibrant the agribusiness will be. Se people no go eat?

People can be poor and not buy clothes. They can be poor and not buy cars. People have to buy food, fish, and meat. This understanding is enough to encourage you to go into agricultural business.

Governments are now aware of the importance of agriculture.

Yes, they may not be granting enough loan as expected. They may not be sensitizing youths as expected, but they are reducing the saturation of the market by importers. Believe me, as this trend is going, very soon, you can expect more and more government`s policy to favour agricultural businesses in Nigeria.

The reason is because government is now seeing that agribusiness is one of the ways by wish we can reduce the rate of the unemployment in our country and to do this, we must restrict importation of the likes of chicken, fish, cassava products etc.

Most people are yet to discover the great potential in agribusiness.

School has deceived us to believe in “good job” and that deception is so deadly that even when it`s so apparent that good job is no more, our universities are still brainwashing our youths to love job.

This make me angry all the time. This is the number one reason why I hate school.

But you see, this ignorance can actually be an advantage for you.

How?

If you go ahead and start your little farm now, you will grow and become a successful farmer before most people wake up from their ignorance.

Just as I said (said or wrote?) in the tutorial about marketing strategies, the most profitable marketing strategy is to get to the market when the competition is little. That time is now.

Agriculture business Nigeria is a gold yet to be mined.

Don`t be afraid of starting small.

1 Like

Re: Hire A Farm Manager To Manage Your Farm When You Are Busy by olusegundire(m): 2:12pm On Apr 02, 2017
About 10 acres of land for farming is available for lease in osun state. An acre goes for just 3k /acre/annum
About 2plots of land available for sale at osun state government secretariat area.
All the Lands are available for inspection.
For more details on lands @ affordable price
Contact us Yemcee agro service consult on 07066616950
Re: Hire A Farm Manager To Manage Your Farm When You Are Busy by kennies12(m): 11:51pm On Apr 02, 2017
I need land for lease around Ogun state. Call me via 07033398582 if u ve any.

(1) (Reply)

Turn Your Backyard Garden To A Money Makng Venture / A Lawyer's Perspective On Agriculture And Why Youths Need To Embrace Farming. / Poultry Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.