Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,757 members, 7,813,507 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:09 PM

Christians Can Resist Temptations With The Word Of God And Prayer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Can Resist Temptations With The Word Of God And Prayer (246 Views)

Sexual Temptations And The Movie Industry / How Christians Can Overcome Depression / Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians Can Resist Temptations With The Word Of God And Prayer by christainslove: 6:13am On Mar 05, 2017
How to resist temptation from Satan
You need faith in God word to resist temptation. If you don’t have faith, you can ask and receive faith because faith come from God
We can resist temptation with the word of God which is the sword of the Spirit. Ephesians 6:17: And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God

Jesus resisted Temptation with the word of God. The bible says- But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God Matthew 4:4

1 Laziness- We may procrastinate work we have to do(our jobs and housework thanks to laziness.Satan doesn't want us to succeed so he tempts us to neglect our work. Resist Satan with-He becometh poor that dealeth with a slack hand: but the hand of the diligent maketh rich.Proverbs 10:4

2 Being fat-Satan tempts you to eat too much so you are overweight. You resist him with the word of God-For the drunkard and the glutton shall come to poverty: and drowsiness shall clothe a man with rags. Proverbs 23:21

3 Dirtiness-Example- You are always picking your nose and your room hasn't been cleaned in weeks. Resist Satan with-It is said by a multitude of counsellers that Cleanliness is next to Godliness. The bible says-Without counsel purposes are disappointed: but in the multitude of counsellers they are established.Proverbs 15:22

Psalm 119:11-Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
We need to hide the word of God in our heart so we might not sin.
1 Samuel 2:9-He will keep the feet of his saints, and the wicked shall be silent in darkness; for by strength shall no man prevail.
We cannot win by our strength alone.
4 Pride- Satan tempts us to be proud- Resist the devil with-But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.James 4:6

5 Satan make you fear persecution that believers must face- For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

6. You lose confidence-You sing- Jesus I have confidence in you (Christian songs and parables in the bible are also the sword of the spirit used to resist the devil)

7.Satan tempts you to not obey God-You resist him-But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. James 1:22

And for any temptation at all you can defeat Satan with-Prayer(Pray without ceasing),give thanks(In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you-1 Thessalonians 5:18) ,Praise& worship(God inhibits the praise of his people)But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel-Psalm 22:3

SO, WE RELY ON GOD WORD TO RESIST TEMPTATION.
Even Paul also relied on the Word of God in the bible when he faced the high priest.
Acts 23: 5 Then said Paul, I wist not, brethren, that he was the high priest: for it is written, Thou shalt not speak evil of the ruler of thy people.
And Paul said in 1 Corinthians 11-1-Be ye followers of me,even as I also am of Christ.

1 Like

Re: Christians Can Resist Temptations With The Word Of God And Prayer by baylord101(m): 6:28am On Mar 05, 2017
How many like for Jesus Christ
Re: Christians Can Resist Temptations With The Word Of God And Prayer by Rockyrascal(m): 6:35am On Mar 05, 2017
I believe anybody can resist temptation;it might. Be difficult but possible.
Re: Christians Can Resist Temptations With The Word Of God And Prayer by Karlovich: 6:42am On Mar 05, 2017
I wonder how many Christians resist temptation in Nigeria. is it their politicians or their perverted young ones
Re: Christians Can Resist Temptations With The Word Of God And Prayer by Chikelue2000(m): 7:10am On Mar 05, 2017
Yes but if it is in Politics hell no
Re: Christians Can Resist Temptations With The Word Of God And Prayer by hopefulLandlord: 7:13am On Mar 05, 2017
hmmm
Re: Christians Can Resist Temptations With The Word Of God And Prayer by Omoluabi16(m): 7:16am On Mar 05, 2017
why am I seeing a picture of cossy orjiakor linked to this forum? hian!

(1) (Reply)

Homily Recipe For The 1st Sunday Of Lent, Yr A 2017 / Multiply Your Seeds / Anyone Not Adding Value To Other People’s Life Is Worthless

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.