Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Why Do You Love God? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do You Love God? (5195 Views)

Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? / If you love GOD, keep HIS Commandments (john 14:15) / All Things Work Together For Good To Them That Love God And Are In His Purpose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do You Love God? by babilicious: 10:44am On Mar 05, 2017
Omooba77:
Why do people claim to Love God, yet dont obey his commandments?
lack of personal experience is the reason. if one doesn't have a personal experience of God then the person can NEVER love God wholeheartedly or will just love God via lip service or the depth of his Love won't be deep enough. As Christians whom truly want to love God and serve Him sincerely...We should always pray and ask God to experience Him personally...That way we will have our own personal knowledge of Whom God is and His Awesome power and not based on what some doctrines or books or people say God is. I Love God cos i have experienced Him personally for myself. I have seen Him perform Mighty Miracles of Healing me, saved me from death and reversed back arrows sent to kill me....I have experienced His Power and Love firsthand and when i wasn't deserving of them...These experiences made me love God cos they are personal experiences not based on some tales or doctrines. Hence as Christians whom truly want to enjoy our relationship with God, serve and love Him sincerely we should ASK OR PRAY TO GOD FOR A PERSONAL EXPERIENCE THAT WILL MAKE US KNOW HIM FOR OURSELVES, cos whenever we remember such experiences...it makes us Love God more deeply

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Love God? by AwesomeDuru(m): 11:19am On Mar 05, 2017
Omooba77:

Reason why never compel anyone. Even Lucifer had is free choice.
Why are you people this daft? Do you even know the meaning of freewill? There's no freewill anywhere near what God offers. Either I worship him and go to heaven or I don't and be damned. You really call that freewill? You people have been so brainwashed. Smh.

These two options are the reasons I hate God. He's too brutal for my liking.
Re: Why Do You Love God? by Moblord(m): 11:21am On Mar 05, 2017
Because My God gives me whatever I asked for in His name, that's why I protect His name, so that people will not misuse or abuse the name
Re: Why Do You Love God? by Nobody: 11:38am On Mar 05, 2017
I can't love what I don't believe in.
Re: Why Do You Love God? by Omooba77: 11:39am On Mar 05, 2017
AwesomeDuru:
Why are you people this daft? Do you even know the meaning of freewill? There's no freewill anywhere near what God offers. Either I worship him and go to heaven or I don't and be damned. You really call that freewill? You people have been so brainwashed. Smh.

That is a choice too sir
Re: Why Do You Love God? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Mar 05, 2017
ehissi:

1 John: 4. 19. We love him, because he first loved us.

Plain and simple......
:-)

Don't you know that you shouldn't read a portion of the bible in isolation?

Put that passage you quoted side by side with Jesus's injunctions in Matthew 22:37 "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul..." And tell us why Jesus is telling us to lobe God if we have already loved him because he loved us first.

Will you say God didn't love suicide bombers first before they decided to become suicide bomber? Will you say suicide bombers love God?
Re: Why Do You Love God? by VeeGeeCee(f): 12:26pm On Mar 05, 2017
realmindz:

Some people need to be reminded that love is never conditional..

Love comes with no law
Love comes with no incentive
Love comes with no threat
Love is not worship
That you love someone is no guarantee you will be loved back.

I have studied Yaweh's love and I see no love

I have studied his 10 commandments, the 1st four are about him alone, emphasizing the need for his worship and respect (sure, it's all about him)

I have seen bible passages that Yaweh utterly destroyed people (babies, men and women) for not loving worshipping him.

I have read the promises of Yaweh for those who worship him and the damnity of those who don't

our God is a jealous God. Even the lower 'gods' are jealous also. For instance, if a man was worshipping a god (say sango) and he eventually gives his life to Christ, do you think sango will leave the man alone? Of course not,. Because he has entered a covenant with the man the same way we entered a covenant with Christ when we gave our life to him. Sango will fight him with diff. Things like diseases, disasters..it can even go on for generations if they do not come back to him
Re: Why Do You Love God? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Mar 05, 2017
MsDelilah:
I can't love what I don't believe in.

That's because you don't know Him.

To know Him is to love Him.

To love Him is to serve Him.
Re: Why Do You Love God? by VeeGeeCee(f): 12:30pm On Mar 05, 2017
AwesomeDuru:

sir, with all due respect, our God is not brutal.if he was brutal do you think you will be alive today? He is mercifull, that is why he gave us the redeemer, the only conneection we have with God is Jesus. Jesus came to die for our sins so that we can be connected to our creator.
Re: Why Do You Love God? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Mar 05, 2017
oaroloye:
SHALOM!

THAT IS NOT LOGICAL.

An ignorant person can claim anything they like.

Someone once reportedly whined to an American Preacher:

"Aw- you KNOW ME- I've listened to all your tapes!"

He was surely serious.

CHRISTIANS think they know God, and that they love Him, but they DON'T.

If they knew God, they would NEVER be ABLE to SIN again.

. 1st JOHN 3:4-10.

TO LOVE GOD, one MUST first CHOOSE LIFE:

. DEUTERONOMY 30:19-20.

This is THE ONE REALITY: all other viewpoints are IMAGINARY.

I AM NOT FAMILIAR with the term "PENNY CATECHISM," but it sounds like just another ORGANIZED CHRISTIANITY HYPOCRISY to me, which, when followed up, will lead to a LEANING TOWER OF BULLSHIT- because the Organizations have NEVER lived up to their HYPES.

. MATTHEW 23:1-15.

That is called: "THEY SAY, AND DO NOT."

THE WORD OF GOD SAID THAT CHOOSING LIFE ENABLES US TO LOVE HIM.

THE WORD OF GOD SAYS THAT OBEYING HIS COMMANDMENTS IS LOVING HIM.

. 1st JOHN 5:1-5.
. JOHN 14:15-27.

You hide the identity of your Church from us, because it is one of those that do not believe in The Bible.

SHOW WHERE GOD EVER TOLD US SUCH A THING!

. EXODUS 20:1-7.

SHOW WHERE GOD EVER TOLD US SUCH A THING!

People like you just drop this sort of bullshit, and laugh with glee when people who blindly trusted you destroy themselves trying to apply your nonsense.

WHAT HAS HUMAN SIN EVER TAUGHT YOU ABOUT GOD?

If NOTHING can be learned about GOD from Human DISOBEDIENCE, WICKEDNESS, and DEPRAVITY- how can KNOWING OURSELVES possibly enable us to KNOW GOD?

You will not say (I predict,) because that is NOT THE MISSION of you people.

We KNOW GOD by KNOWING YAHSHUA.

. JOHN 8:30-32.
. JOHN 14:1-9.

NO, WE WERE NOT.

ADAM was created IN THE IMAGE OF GOD- but HIS DESCENDANTS are merely IMPERFECT COPIES of COPIES of COPIES of COPIES of COPIES etc of THAT ORIGINAL CREATION.

ANIMISM says that since EVERYTHING was CREATED BY GOD, therefore GOD is in EVERYTHING, and THEREFORE we can worship ANYTHING.

You belong to an Organization that worships CREATED THINGS, don't you?

I find it interesting that you seem to be an animist yet you don't mind quoting the bible to make your points.

No I'm not going to debate religion or spiritual realities with you. I respect your opinion, because they are your opinions, not necessarily true.

I know how this usually ends, we both try to prove we posses superior knowledge and it may only be that we are regurgitating what we've read.

If you have experienced spiritual realities, then open a thread and I'll make my contributions as usual.

And no, I don't worship created beings. My adoration, glorification and worship are reserved only for Him who created me.
Re: Why Do You Love God? by minke: 1:09pm On Mar 05, 2017
To answer that question, ask yourself first, do you love God ?, What does it mean to love God ?
To help you answer that, read John 14:21-23. Here Jesus said that only those who keep his commandments really love him. Unfortunately, so many that profess love for God don't keep his commandments, even the basic one about love for others.
Re: Why Do You Love God? by Magally: 1:59pm On Mar 05, 2017
Lol .. God is great
Re: Why Do You Love God? by Magally: 2:03pm On Mar 05, 2017
minke:
To answer that question, ask yourself first, do you love God ?, What does it mean to love God ?
To help you answer that, read John 14:21-23. Here Jesus said that only those who keep his commandments really love him. Unfortunately, so many that profess love for God don't keep his commandments, even the basic one about love for others.
nice word
Re: Why Do You Love God? by Wilgrea7(m): 3:24pm On Mar 05, 2017
adepeter26:
Atheists full NL like kilode sha. Just dat they don't shout

I just figured that out... i thought they were few... didn't know they were this much.. although many are deists
Re: Why Do You Love God? by enshy: 3:36pm On Mar 05, 2017
Omooba77:
Why do people claim to Love God, yet dont obey his commandments?
SIN
The solution - JESUS!
Re: Why Do You Love God? by belcom10(m): 5:01pm On Mar 05, 2017
Is passionate love,Is yoke are easy with abundant care.
Re: Why Do You Love God? by jabojafa(m): 6:27pm On Mar 05, 2017
joe4christ:
I dont.
How can I love someone I've never seen nor met before
and ur moniker is joe4christ?
Re: Why Do You Love God? by fromnigeria(m): 7:34pm On Mar 05, 2017
Because He is God, thats all.
Re: Why Do You Love God? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Mar 05, 2017
The Bible tells us that we are to love God be because He firsts loved me 1John 4:19.
But let's be brutally honest here. Many of us don't love God as we "should"..(or let me speak for myself).
Sometimes, we Christians (although we shouldn't) get that carnal heart....and the carnal heart cannot love the spiritual. Romans 8:7
So what's so amazing is that once a person decides to surrender his/her life to Christ, He then places that desire to want to love Him..
It's a daily walk that includes a prayer of humility, sincerity & surrender. Phil. 2:13
What I personally say to the Lord is, "I believe in You...but I need to have an unconditional love for You." "I know I love my family, friends, my late pet dog..but Lord I think I just like You a lot." "Please give me love for You that's sincere & unconditional..cause I'm not there just yet, but I desperately want to get there."
The desire (which is obtainable) is to have a sincere love for God that flows as effortlessly as the air we breathe...
Re: Why Do You Love God? by dasparrow: 9:32pm On Mar 05, 2017
@Post

I love God because He first loved me.

I love God because He is faithful, merciful, and He is the I AM that I AM, the Lion of the tribe of Judah

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What If A Christian Says He No Longer Believes The Gospel? What Happens To Him? / Near Death Experiences: People Share Their Experiences In Heaven/hell / Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.