Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,663 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Buhari Isn't President: See How A Friend Explained It In The Court Room - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Isn't President: See How A Friend Explained It In The Court Room (817 Views)

Dino Melaye On A Stretcher In The Court Room With Ben Murray-Bruce (Photos) / Donald Trump And Muhammadu Buhari: Isn't The Resemblance Uncanny? / These Nigerians Think Zahra Buhari Isn't In Love With The Man She Just Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Isn't President: See How A Friend Explained It In The Court Room by sinistermind(m): 9:13am On Mar 05, 2017
As part of my submission in an argument before the court this morning at the Lagos high court igbosere, I referred to Mr. Muhammadu Buhari as our former president. The court as well as counsels and other people in court looked at me with a rather berserk expression on their faces. The court asked why I referred to him as former president and my response was this;
That whenever we have a person in any acting capacity, it suggests that the substantive office holder is not in existence. The only reason why we have an acting EFCC chairman is because we do not have any substantive EFCC chairman. The only reason why we have an acting chief justice of Nigeria is because we do not have any substantive chief justice of Nigeria. The same logic and philosophy applies to the position of the president. It will be logically wrong to assert that Nigeria as at today has a president and an acting president. What we have here is Mr Muhammadu Buhari, Acting president Osinbajo.

What's your take on this?

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Isn't President: See How A Friend Explained It In The Court Room by farmsata(m): 9:16am On Mar 05, 2017
Sharrap!

I didn't vote for any EFCC chairman, neither did I vote for a Chief Justice of Nigeria. They were appointed! Yes, APPOINTED.

I voted for Buhari/Osinbajo.

If you must make comparisons, use your head.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Isn't President: See How A Friend Explained It In The Court Room by brasilia: 9:16am On Mar 05, 2017
Brilliant. If A is equal to C and C equal B, then A is equal to B.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Isn't President: See How A Friend Explained It In The Court Room by CACAWA(m): 9:17am On Mar 05, 2017
Perfect
Re: Buhari Isn't President: See How A Friend Explained It In The Court Room by ojun50(m): 9:18am On Mar 05, 2017
My take am comin
Re: Buhari Isn't President: See How A Friend Explained It In The Court Room by freeze001(f): 9:19am On Mar 05, 2017
True
Re: Buhari Isn't President: See How A Friend Explained It In The Court Room by prolove22(m): 9:27am On Mar 05, 2017
who is the VP?
Re: Buhari Isn't President: See How A Friend Explained It In The Court Room by Ahmadgani(m): 10:21am On Mar 05, 2017
'Acting'
Re: Buhari Isn't President: See How A Friend Explained It In The Court Room by EmeeNaka: 11:08am On Mar 05, 2017
Buhari's presidency is dead-- Junaid Mohammed.
Allah ke mu!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Isn't President: See How A Friend Explained It In The Court Room by MXrep: 11:18am On Mar 05, 2017
Very correct

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Senator Abaribe Mocks Melaye “you Are Yet To Show Me Your Certificate” / Whose Blood Is running in President Buhari's Veins? / If Tunde Idiagbon Is A Live Today. What Post You Think He Would Be Holding!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.