Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,080 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Solution To Southern Kaduna Crisis Lies Outside Nigeria – Fulani Leader - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Solution To Southern Kaduna Crisis Lies Outside Nigeria – Fulani Leader (1239 Views)

Southern Kaduna Crisis‘ll Consume Everyone If Killings‘re Not Stopped – Osinbajo / Osinbajo Meets With Religious & Community Leaders Over Kaduna Crisis (Photos) / Abdulsalami, Sultan Of Sokoto, Kukah Meet El-Rufai Over Kaduna Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Solution To Southern Kaduna Crisis Lies Outside Nigeria – Fulani Leader by Nobody: 11:23am On Mar 05, 2017
The assistant national secretary general of Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association, MACBAN, Ibrahim Abdullahi, has said that the solution to the lingering crisis in southern part of Kaduna state lies outside Nigeria.
Southern Kaduna has been experiencing violent crisis for years now. The latest spell of violence has claimed hundreds of lives.
Killings have continued deployment of security forces to the area.
The latest killings occurred on February 20 when unknown gunmen invaded communities in two local governments Jema’a and Kauru, killing at least 14 people.
The attacks have largely been blamed on Fulani herdsmen, said to be carrying out reprisal killings following the alleged killing of herdsmen and their livestock in the area during the 2011 post-election violence.
Speaking to PREMIUM TIMES in Kaduna recently, Mr. Abdullahi said most of the Fulani people involved in the killings were not Nigerians. Similar claim by the state government sparked outrage.
“It has to do with foreign nomads coming into the country. There are three or four international grazing routes, most of which passed through Kaduna state,” he said.
“Two of the routes are from Cameroun down through Lere and Kauru local governments, another one is from Chad Republic that came through southern part of Plateau state down to Zangon-Kataf and there is another one from Niger Republic through Kano/ Katsina down to Kaduna,” he said.
Mr. Abdullahi said it so happened that herders who were moving their cattle for greener pasture got caught up in the post-election violence.
“Many of them were killed including their cows and some of the cows were taken away. Those of them who survived returned to their homes and reported what happened.
“We got to know that most of them spread across Cameroon and Chad swore to come back for revenge. We therefore, advised the governor at the time, the Late Yakowa, to take urgent action.
“The governor agreed with us and formed a committee to go and meet with the Fulani leaders wherever they are and reconcile with them,” he said.
Ibrahim Abdullahi
Yakowa’s effort
Mr. Abdullahi said the late governor also agreed with the advice given to him to compensate all those who experienced losses in the attacks, and he agreed.
“As a result, we started meeting with all those we know have been affected. I was mandated to go to Cameroon and Chad Republic.
“My first port of call is to a Fulani leader I know that lost over 200 cows and about six boys. I arrived his house in the evening and told him I was an emissary of the governor of Kaduna state over the unfortunate killing of his boys and cows.
“He asked me to go and rest since I came from a far place and that he would talk to me in the morning. Early in the morning, he invited me for breakfast and I narrated to him my mission.
“He said he was shocked that the governor had the guts to send someone to him after ordering the killing of his boys because they are Muslims and I told him that his information was wrong.
“I said I am a Muslim and truly the governor is a Christian, but, I also told him that most Muslims like me in Kaduna are willing to take the risk I took for Yakowa because he was a good man and would never order the killing of anyone.
“The man said he agreed with me and if anything, the fact that the governor agreed something was wrong and took the step he was taking showed that he was a good leader of his people. Tell him I have forgiven him, I don’t need any compensation and that he has a new emissary in me as far as Cameroon is concerned.
“I will make sure I reach out to all the other affected families in Cameroon on behalf of your governor,” he said.
Mr. Abdullahi added that his host took him to a warehouse within the man’s estate and what he saw shocked him.
“I saw all sorts of sophisticated weapons and I was told they were kept in readiness for a revenge attack in Southern Kaduna,” he said.
He also said the man invited him for a “short trip” into the forest and he saw a large camp and several young men receiving all forms of training on warfare.
“Shockingly, these boys were being trained by white men,” he said.
Mr. Abdullahi said he bid the man farewell but could not proceed to Chad Republic as arranged because he was running short of money.
“I decided to return to Kaduna and I met the governor the next day and gave him my report.
“The governor told me that he was travelling the next day to the South South and would remobilise us to go to Chad for the second part of our assignment, unfortunately, Governor Yakowa died in a helicopter crash,” he said.
Mr. Abdullahi said when former Governor Ramalan Yero took over, they met with him and gave him the report of what had been done so far and the need to complete the task.
“Our fear is that any other family affected in the attacks would have known that we were in Cameroon to appeal, especially those in Chad Republic.
“Our failure to go and meet them as far as they are concerned is because they do not matter. I expressed that fear to the former governor. He simply collected the report and said he would get in touch; he never did,” he said.
The Fulani leader said it is good that Governor El-Rufai has continued from where the late Yakowa stopped.
Mr. El-Rufai admitted at the peak of the crisis that he sent payments to the suspected killers outside of Nigeria, as compensation for their losses.
The governor defended his action as being in continuation of what Mr. Yakowa died.
Re: Solution To Southern Kaduna Crisis Lies Outside Nigeria – Fulani Leader by Nobody: 11:23am On Mar 05, 2017
Re: Solution To Southern Kaduna Crisis Lies Outside Nigeria – Fulani Leader by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 11:24am On Mar 05, 2017
fulani leader ti ya wayray sad

2 Likes

Re: Solution To Southern Kaduna Crisis Lies Outside Nigeria – Fulani Leader by searchng4love: 11:25am On Mar 05, 2017
Nonsense an outside thief cannot successfully rob you without the active collaboration of an insider....
That Fulani leader should be locked up for aiding and abetting mass murderer... He doesn't notify the authorities whenever the killer herdsmen are in town

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solution To Southern Kaduna Crisis Lies Outside Nigeria – Fulani Leader by Nobody: 11:25am On Mar 05, 2017
i don't blame him, i blame the political class, they can afford to use the lives of the citizens to play ping pong. Human lives has no value here , if it doesn't affect me or my family , i don't care. That's our mentality,and that is one of the reasons, why we will always remain where we are. Those coming from outside to kill and maim have their local conspirators . its a shame our security agencies are hopelessly helpless on this issue.
Re: Solution To Southern Kaduna Crisis Lies Outside Nigeria – Fulani Leader by ZombieKilla: 11:27am On Mar 05, 2017
Same old songs
They are from Libya
They are from Mali
They are from chad

Who are they deceiving
Certainly not me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solution To Southern Kaduna Crisis Lies Outside Nigeria – Fulani Leader by Nobody: 11:31am On Mar 05, 2017
.that was a prepared script from the state govt he was made to give as a speech

1 Like

Re: Solution To Southern Kaduna Crisis Lies Outside Nigeria – Fulani Leader by mu2sa2: 11:40am On Mar 05, 2017
The late governor, Partick Yakowa, was a pragmatist. But today what we see is hypocrisy. And the killings continue, when the solution is simple.
Re: Solution To Southern Kaduna Crisis Lies Outside Nigeria – Fulani Leader by Alfranco(m): 11:44am On Mar 05, 2017
highrise07:
The assistant national secretary general of Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association, MACBAN, Ibrahim Abdullahi, has said that the solution to the lingering crisis in southern part of Kaduna state lies outside Nigeria.
Southern Kaduna has been experiencing violent crisis for years now. The latest spell of violence has claimed hundreds of lives.
The latest killings occurred on February 20 when unknown gunmen invaded communities in two local governments Jema’a and Kauru, killing at least 14 people.
The attacks have largely been blamed on Fulani herdsmen, said to be carrying out reprisal killings following the alleged killing of herdsmen and their livestock in the area during the 2011 post-election violence.
Speaking to PREMIUM TIMES in Kaduna recently, Mr. Abdullahi said most of the Fulani people involved in the killings were not Nigerians. Similar claim by the state government sparked outrage.
“It has to do with foreign nomads coming into the country. There are three or four international grazing routes, most of which passed through Kaduna state,” he said.
“Two of the routes are from Cameroun down through Lere and Kauru local governments, another one is from Chad Republic that came through southern part of Plateau state down to Zangon-Kataf and there is another one from Niger Republic through Kano/ Katsina down to Kaduna,” he said.
Mr. Abdullahi said it so happened that herders who were moving their cattle for greener pasture got caught up in the post-election violence.
“Many of them were killed including their cows and some of the cows were taken away. Those of them who survived returned to their homes and reported what happened.
“We got to know that most of them spread across Cameroon and Chad swore to come back for revenge. We therefore, advised the governor at the time, the Late Yakowa, to take urgent action.
“The governor agreed with us and formed a committee to go and meet with the Fulani leaders wherever they are and reconcile with them,” he said.
Ibrahim Abdullahi
Yakowa’s effort
Mr. Abdullahi said the late governor also agreed with the advice given to him to compensate all those who experienced losses in the attacks, and he agreed.
“As a result, we started meeting with all those we know have been affected. I was mandated to go to Cameroon and Chad Republic.
“My first port of call is to a Fulani leader I know that lost over 200 cows and about six boys. I arrived his house in the evening and told him I was an emissary of the governor of Kaduna state over the unfortunate killing of his boys and cows.
“He asked me to go and rest since I came from a far place and that he would talk to me in the morning. Early in the morning, he invited me for breakfast and I narrated to him my mission.
“He said he was shocked that the governor had the guts to send someone to him after ordering the killing of his boys because they are Muslims and I told him that his information was wrong.
“I said I am a Muslim and truly the governor is a Christian, but, I also told him that most Muslims like me in Kaduna are willing to take the risk I took for Yakowa because he was a good man and would never order the killing of anyone.
“The man said he agreed with me and if anything, the fact that the governor agreed something was wrong and took the step he was taking showed that he was a good leader of his people. Tell him I have forgiven him, I don’t need any compensation and that he has a new emissary in me as far as Cameroon is concerned.
“I will make sure I reach out to all the other affected families in Cameroon on behalf of your governor,” he said.
Mr. Abdullahi added that his host took him to a warehouse within the man’s estate and what he saw shocked him.
“I saw all sorts of sophisticated weapons and I was told they were kept in readiness for a revenge attack in Southern Kaduna,” he said.
He also said the man invited him for a “short trip” into the forest and he saw a large camp and several young men receiving all forms of training on warfare.
“Shockingly, these boys were being trained by white men,” he said.
Mr. Abdullahi said he bid the man farewell but could not proceed to Chad Republic as arranged because he was running short of money.
“I decided to return to Kaduna and I met the governor the next day and gave him my report.
“The governor told me that he was travelling the next day to the South South and would remobilise us to go to Chad for the second part of our assignment, unfortunately, Governor Yakowa died in a helicopter crash,” he said.
Mr. Abdullahi said when former Governor Ramalan Yero took over, they met with him and gave him the report of what had been done so far and the need to complete the task.
“Our fear is that any other family affected in the attacks would have known that we were in Cameroon to appeal, especially those in Chad Republic.
“Our failure to go and meet them as far as they are concerned is because they do not matter. I expressed that fear to the former governor. He simply collected the report and said he would get in touch; he never did,” he said.
The Fulani leader said it is good that Governor El-Rufai has continued from where the late Yakowa stopped.
Mr. El-Rufai admitted at the peak of the crisis that he sent payments to the suspected killers outside of Nigeria, as compensation for their losses.
The governor defended his action as being in continuation of what Mr. Yakowa died.

.....well said; I mean well contrived...
Re: Solution To Southern Kaduna Crisis Lies Outside Nigeria – Fulani Leader by austinsmat(m): 11:45am On Mar 05, 2017
Dss over to you to arrest this Abdullahi and hand him to Interpol, Abdullah Must show us that cameroonian man he met, he too must be arrested for training terrorist and storing arms since herdsmen are second in terrorist world ranking

1 Like

Re: Solution To Southern Kaduna Crisis Lies Outside Nigeria – Fulani Leader by Kingspin(m): 11:48am On Mar 05, 2017
Who gave Chad, Niger Republic, Cameroun citizenship in Nigeria? You Muslims in the North allowed this murderers into Nigeria soil just because they are Fulani like you, same language and same religion. This is why they are in Nigeria and have more right than Nigerians. Moreover, there are inside collaborators. sympathizers and supporters in the North cheering them and using them for different purposes. A closer look at these attacks and killings suggests there is more to it.
Re: Solution To Southern Kaduna Crisis Lies Outside Nigeria – Fulani Leader by carzola(m): 11:54am On Mar 05, 2017
Dear Fulani your leader Is
Sick in London.. You guys have no
Cover and protection.. As soon as we can get
The vegetable to hand over his seat..
We would come for all the Fulani herds men
In Nigeria.. You guys better start running out to Cameroon and chad now.

3 Likes

Re: Solution To Southern Kaduna Crisis Lies Outside Nigeria – Fulani Leader by paramakina202: 12:05pm On Mar 05, 2017
Kill one of those so called foreigners from Libya they will magically turn to fUlani terrorist from either Sokoto state or Kano.
Re: Solution To Southern Kaduna Crisis Lies Outside Nigeria – Fulani Leader by Jabioro: 12:06pm On Mar 05, 2017
austinsmat:
Dss over to you to arrest this Abdullahi and hand him to Interpol, Abdullah Must show us that cameroonian man he met, he too must be arrested for training terrorist and storing arms since herdsmen are second in terrorist world ranking
You spoke my mind.. DSS should do the needful without wasting time.. now that there is little clue let act fast as there leg could carry them to Cameron.
Re: Solution To Southern Kaduna Crisis Lies Outside Nigeria – Fulani Leader by anibi9674: 12:38pm On Mar 05, 2017
so day killed yokowa.
Re: Solution To Southern Kaduna Crisis Lies Outside Nigeria – Fulani Leader by MrDavidson: 2:13pm On Mar 05, 2017
What arrant nonsense! If Fulani herdsmen from Chad and Cameroon were caught up by the post-election violence in 2011,then it was their fellow Nigerian Fulanis that killed them. Were they not the ones rampaging the whole of southern Kaduna after the election? So, why should people of southern Kaduna now made to pay for the sins of the Fulanis?
Re: Solution To Southern Kaduna Crisis Lies Outside Nigeria – Fulani Leader by vedaxcool(m): 2:51pm On Mar 05, 2017
There just so much we do not know about the SOuth kaduna crisis and the media isn't helping matters.
Re: Solution To Southern Kaduna Crisis Lies Outside Nigeria – Fulani Leader by ZombieKilla: 2:55pm On Mar 05, 2017
vedaxcool:
There just so much we do not know about the SOuth kaduna crisis and the media isn't helping matters.
That's all you have to say

Re: Solution To Southern Kaduna Crisis Lies Outside Nigeria – Fulani Leader by vedaxcool(m): 3:00pm On Mar 05, 2017
[s]
ZombieKilla:

That's all you have to say
[/s]

Wailing dead

Re: Solution To Southern Kaduna Crisis Lies Outside Nigeria – Fulani Leader by ZombieKilla: 3:05pm On Mar 05, 2017
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

Wailing dead
Just like Buhari

Re: Solution To Southern Kaduna Crisis Lies Outside Nigeria – Fulani Leader by aariwa(m): 3:15pm On Mar 05, 2017
Fulanis are the worst liars you can ever meet in this world.Believe that Fulani leader at your own peril.The aim of all these stories is to cow the security forces and the people of south kaduna from fighting back for all the atrocities these people have committed and also for them to take over southern kaduna lands
Re: Solution To Southern Kaduna Crisis Lies Outside Nigeria – Fulani Leader by MetaPhysical: 4:30pm On Mar 05, 2017
highrise07:
Speaking to PREMIUM TIMES in Kaduna recently, [b]Mr. Abdullahi said most of the Fulani people involved in the killings were not Nigerians. Similar claim by the state government sparked outrage.
Ibrahim Abdullahi
Yakowa’s effort
“Shockingly, these boys were being trained by white men,” he said.[/b]

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Mr Abdullahi is a good story teller. He needs to stop herding cows and start writing stories....for Fulani readers!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Fresh N500b Refund Divides Governors’ Forum / Buhari Won By 2.57M Votes South West Gave 1.63M Votes:2015 / Don’t Talk When You Are Drunk–dino Melaye Advises Prof. Itse Sagay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.