Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,243 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? (6009 Views)

B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G News!!! Sick Buhari Cancel Kaduna Rally / How Can Sick Soldiers Be In Full Regalia In Hospital Bed? / I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by SamMilla1(m): 10:10pm On Dec 14, 2009
Its True that our Dear president is very sick,
It is also true that he refused to resign despite the clamor of many Nigerians for him to step down.
Let us now examine ourselves on the roles we are playing on his sickness,

How many of Us make special Prayers for this man Everyday ?
Or Remember him in our Daily Prayers ?

How many of Us Visited him in Saudi Arabia because he seems to me like someone who will visit a sick friend,
And Because he is our Elected President ?

How may of Us actually wish him well ?
Or do we just have to seat back on our Computers and condemn our elected Leader ?

Sometimes i ask myself this question : If this man is not a good leader, who is ?

At a time he initiated and brought peace to Niger-delta,
The sickness worsened. What happened ?
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by paddylo1(m): 10:27pm On Dec 14, 2009
lord knows i wish him well. . .and a quick recovery
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by SamMilla1(m): 10:28pm On Dec 14, 2009
That is very good of you.
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by Nnenna1(f): 10:30pm On Dec 14, 2009
It's sad and unfortunate, and of course I wish recovery  undecided

He has to help himself though - stepping down and taking a break. For his health, if not anything else.
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by Kobojunkie: 10:42pm On Dec 14, 2009
@poster, I have to ask. What is the relevance of this?  What is the point of this?
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by phuckNL: 10:48pm On Dec 14, 2009
What did the president do for me when he was in office.
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by SamMilla1(m): 10:51pm On Dec 14, 2009
phuck_NL:

What did the president do for me when he was in office.

The same very thing Obasanjo, Babangida, Buhari etc Did for You.

He is our President.
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by MrCrackles(m): 10:53pm On Dec 14, 2009
I sent a get well card to him in Saudi Arabia. . cool
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by SamMilla1(m): 10:55pm On Dec 14, 2009
MrCrackles:

I sent a get well card to him in Saudi Arabia. . cool

I doubt if you did but i want you to believe that you can actually do that.
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by lagosland: 10:58pm On Dec 14, 2009
Hmm hmm maybe he shuld live d post ok join lagosland.wen.ru
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by phuckNL: 11:10pm On Dec 14, 2009
Sam Milla:

The same very thing Obasanjo, Babangida, Buhari etc Did for You.

He is our President.

Obasanjo did not do anything for me. But wait a minute, OBJ did not fall sick so i didn't have to do anything for him.
Babangida built the third mainland bridge that i use everyday before i can get to the island.
I don't know who buhari is. Don't care bout him
Yaradua has not impacted me in any way so y should i care. I am speaking for myslef and no one else
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by SamMilla1(m): 11:13pm On Dec 14, 2009
phuck_NL:

Obasanjo did not do anything for me. But wait a minute, OBJ did not fall sick so i didn't have to do anything for him.
Babangida built the third mainland bridge that i use everyday before i can get to the island.
I don't know who buhari is. Don't care bout him
Yaradua has not impacted me in any way so y should i care. I am speaking for myslef and no one else

Ok all of a sudden IBB becomes the best President We have ever had.
Maybe You forgot that some stopped the massacre in Niger delta.
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by phuckNL: 11:20pm On Dec 14, 2009
Sam Milla:

Ok all of a sudden IBB becomes the best President We have ever had.
Maybe You forgot that some stopped the massacre in Niger delta.

You are missing a key word here. You asked the question what have you done for our sick president.
I said he hasn't impacted me in any way. I am not from the Niger delta so how does that put food on my table. The only thing peace in the ND has done is to increase oil production. Increase in oil production does not benefit me either. Rather i will end up suffering because there will be downstream deregulation soon and petrol prices will increase and i will have to pay higher bus fares.

I never said IBB was good or anything. I only said what I benefitted from him
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by Fhemmmy: 11:24pm On Dec 14, 2009
What am i supposed to have done for him?
What has he done for himself, than to check into an hospital and even a fool would have done that?
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by paddylo1(m): 11:24pm On Dec 14, 2009
Increase in oil production does not benefit me either.

increase in oil production,leads to increase in forex
this leads to a more stable macro-economic environment in the country and a steady and perhaps appreciating naira
that means inflation is tame. . .so it affects u

if u dont think so. . .look at zimbabwe,see what an unstable macro-economy looks like
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by Fhemmmy: 11:26pm On Dec 14, 2009
paddy_lo:

[b]increase in oil production,leads to increase in forex
this leads to a more stable macro-economic environment in the country and a steady and perhaps appreciating naira

if u dont think so. . .look at zimbabwe,see what an unstable macro-economy looks like[/b]

How i wish that was true, cos the last time i changed money, still bought $$ for 154 in |December when we have more yankee people around with more $$ in circulations . . . . .so your theory dont sound like a fact.
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by phuckNL: 11:29pm On Dec 14, 2009
paddy_lo:

increase in oil production,leads to increase in forex

if u dont think so. . .look at zimbabwe,see what an unstable macro-economy looks like

Maybe it affects you. It definitely does not affect ME. I am speaking for myself okay.
FOREX ko ninja turtle ni.
We have always had oil so that is not news. More stable economic environment, sheesh, i laugh in NINJA ASSASSIN.
Increased oil prod. only means more money for cabals and nnpc buffons.
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by Fhemmmy: 11:31pm On Dec 14, 2009
phuck_NL:

Maybe it affects you. It definitely does not affect ME. I am speaking for myself okay.
We have always had oil so that is not news. More stable economic environment, sheesh, i laugh in NINJA ASSASSIN.

I support you on that.
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by paddylo1(m): 11:32pm On Dec 14, 2009
How i wish that was true, cos the last time i changed money, still bought $$ for 154 in |December when we have more yankee people around with more $$ in circulations . . . . .so your theory dont sound like a fact.

i am not talking only theory,but sound economics
the cbn has decided to keep the naira in a band around N150 plus or minus 3%
their ability to do this is a direct result of increased inflow of dollars
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by phuckNL: 11:35pm On Dec 14, 2009
paddy_lo:

Stop contradicting yourself. How does keeping the dollar at 150 help.
Nigeria is an import based economy. It pays us if the dollar is low, people will have more buying power. If we were japan, it would have made sense.
As it stands, things will only remain the same or become more expensive. In the case, i would have been affected negatively and not positively so ur theory is out the door.
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by paddylo1(m): 11:35pm On Dec 14, 2009

again u may argue blindly,but that doesnt remove the facts that. . .
nigeria imports a lot of goods into the country,exchange rate stability has a direct impact on the cost of final goods sold in the country
perhaps u should move to zimbabwe see what it means not to have a stable macro economy
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by SamMilla1(m): 11:35pm On Dec 14, 2009
Lets not go out of the topic plz
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by chiogo(f): 11:39pm On Dec 14, 2009
LOL @ topic

@Poster, what have YOU done for him? undecided

phuck_NL:

*dead* embarassed grin
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by Fhemmmy: 11:39pm On Dec 14, 2009
paddy_lo:

Sound math and reality, it is still not real and does not make a single sense.
Naira being devalued will achieve nothing to the nation.
Nation like China is enjoying the devaluation of their currency, cos they produce things and cos they have environment suitable for such, but we have nothing, so devaluing the Niara is dumb.
I do agree that all we have to show for good money was and is Oil, however, oil per barrel aint stable, this the yoyo of our money, but the FG needs to move and do something else, soon, people will cry, cos we are just a consuming nation and we export almost everything.
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by paddylo1(m): 11:39pm On Dec 14, 2009
Stop contradicting yourself. How does keeping the dollar at 150 help.
Nigeria is an import based economy. It pays us if the dollar is low, people will have more buying power. If we were japan, it would have made sense.
As it stands, things will only remain the same or become more expensive. In the case, i would have been affected negatively and not positively so your theory is out the door.

foriegn exchange management is more about stability than where it is in an absolute form

for example u wouldnt want the naira too strong,because imports would flood nigeria

u wouldnt want it too weak because u have a sizable amount of goods imported,which would then cause inflation cause of the weak naira

so the ability to manage your currency and keep it stable is what matters

the CBN has said they want it in that band of N150 to a dollar. . .plus or minus 3%

its like the chinese yuan peg to the dollar. . .the chinese couldnt pull it off if they didnt have the reserves to back it up

same here
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by cold(m): 11:43pm On Dec 14, 2009
off topicin,this Paddy-lo why do i have a feelin i know you undecided
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by paddylo1(m): 11:44pm On Dec 14, 2009
off topicin,this Paddy-lo why do i have a feelin i know you

lets see did u go to university of abuja. . .or command secondary school in ipaja lagos?

cause thats were i went
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by Fhemmmy: 11:45pm On Dec 14, 2009
paddy_lo:

foriegn exchange management is more about stability than where it is in an absolute form

for example u wouldnt want the naira too strong,because imports would flood nigeria

u wouldnt want it too weak because u have a sizable amount of goods imported,which would then cause inflation cause of the weak naira

so the ability to manage your currency and keep it stable is what matters

the CBN has said they want it in that band of N150 to a dollar. . .plus or minus 3%

its like the chinese yuan peg to the dollar. . .the chinese couldnt pull it off if they didnt have the reserves to back it up

same here

And you think 150 is the average, cos we dont want it too high, nor too low?
At 150, what do u think will happen to the price of commodity?
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by paddylo1(m): 11:52pm On Dec 14, 2009
And you think 150 is the average, cos we dont want it too high, nor too low?
At 150, what do u think will happen to the price of commodity?

its not what i think,its what the CBN thinks. .  . .
however,what that price stability does for u,is that it allows all the companies that are operating in nigeria to be able to plan 2 to 3yrs ahead
without having exchange rate risk. . for example dangote sugar announced a plan for upgrade to its factories to be able to produce 10million tonnes annually by 2013 or so
they can have a budget for this without worrying that the naira will spiral out of control

as for commodity prices,well all things being equal,they should be stable too. . .
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by cold(m): 11:56pm On Dec 14, 2009
paddy_lo:

lets see did u go to university of abuja. . .or command secondary school in ipaja lagos?

cause thats were i went

yeah UniBuja,that's it with Nkem,Eboh, Charles Moze etc
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by paddylo1(m): 11:59pm On Dec 14, 2009
yeah UniBuja,that's it with Nkem,Eboh, Charles Moze etc

wassup ma nigga. . .u ebohs friend? where u at now?
Re: What Have You Done For Our Sick President ? by Fhemmmy: 12:00am On Dec 15, 2009
paddy_lo:

its not what i think,its what the CBN thinks. .  . .
however,what that price stability does for u,is that it allows all the companies that are operating in nigeria to be able to plan 2 to 3yrs ahead
without having exchange rate risk. . for example dangote sugar announced a plan for upgrade to its factories to be able to produce 10million tonnes annually by 2013 or so
they can have a budget for this without worrying that the naira will spiral out of control

as for commodity prices,well all things being equal,they should be stable too. . .

Regardless of what you think CBN is up to, it is just ridiculous to think that it is all cos of Oil that the value of Naira has been devalued.
It is the fact that we have nothing to offer the world.  tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Northern Elders Are Hypocrites, Says Jimeta / Happy Birthday OAM4J / Picture Of Gen Buhari During The Civil War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.