Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,426 members, 7,819,550 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

King Wasiu Ayinde Arabambi For Senator - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / King Wasiu Ayinde Arabambi For Senator (15722 Views)

APC Plans To Dump Ekwunife And Annoint Sharon Ikeazor For Senator Seat / Six Big Questions For Senator Bukola Saraki / Why Not To Vote For Senator Atiku Bagudu For Kebbi State Governor 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: King Wasiu Ayinde Arabambi For Senator by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 03, 2010
lannre:

so whatz wrong if[b] terry g is contesting for the president ![/b] when last did your vote counts ? WHAT IS THE NAME OF YOUR COUNCILOR ?
ROTFL. . .i can't imagine a restless person like him as my president,so unpresentable anyways the name of my councillor is my business and not yours.
Re: King Wasiu Ayinde Arabambi For Senator by lannre(m): 2:16pm On Oct 03, 2010
~Bluetooth:

ROTFL. . .i can't imagine a restless person like him as my president,so unpresentable anyways the name of my councillor is my business and not yours.

good to know that bluetooth, so what disqualify Wasiu from contesting ?
Re: King Wasiu Ayinde Arabambi For Senator by Nobody: 2:24pm On Oct 03, 2010
lannre:

good to know that bluetooth, so what disqualify Wasiu from contesting ?
Constitutionally he has a right to contest so is the madman and touts around even these days,we hear of ex-militants coming to contest in 2011 and you wonder what people of this calibre have to offer.What does Wasiu want ? What does he stand for  ? What political experience does he have ? What are is his credentials ? Please,I need answers
Re: King Wasiu Ayinde Arabambi For Senator by lannre(m): 2:40pm On Oct 03, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Constitutionally he has a right to contest so is the madman and touts around even these days,we hear of ex-militants coming to contest in 2011 and you wonder what people of this calibre have to offer.What does Wasiu want ? What does he stand for  ? What political experience does he have ? What are is his credentials ? Please,I need answers

believe me I am not his campaign manager. I only want to know if he is qualified like the Alao Akala, the Theodore A. Orji and Co. Thank you for your response. God bless and Change Nigeria
Re: King Wasiu Ayinde Arabambi For Senator by dayokanu(m): 3:54pm On Oct 03, 2010
Dimeji Bankole has all the certificates and speaks impeccable English but what difference has he made for his people?

I heard that in the Western Region House of the first republic Many of the reps are illiterates and debate in Yoruba, Its on record that is one of the best time Politically for this country.

Has Obahiagbon with all his English made any difference in the life of Nigeria?

Goodluck is a PhD holder, what difference has it made?

All the Professors that were made ministers what difference did it make? Is Aborisade not a Prof? Is Maurice Iwu not a Prof?

Now can someone tell me the what correlation English speaking has with good governance using examples?
Re: King Wasiu Ayinde Arabambi For Senator by madejibo: 4:00pm On Oct 03, 2010
@dayokanu
Godbless u pls tell dem
Re: King Wasiu Ayinde Arabambi For Senator by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 03, 2010
dayokanu:

Dimeji Bankole has all the certificates and speaks impeccable English but what difference has he made for his people?

I heard that in the Western Region House of the first republic Many of the reps are illiterates and debate in Yoruba, Its on record that is one of the best time Politically for this country.

All the Professors that were made ministers what difference did it make? Is Aborisade not a Prof? Is Maurice Iwu not a Prof?

Now can someone tell me the what correlation English speaking has with good governance using examples?
And what makes you think the people you mentioned would have performed better if they are stark illiterate ?
Re: King Wasiu Ayinde Arabambi For Senator by lannre(m): 5:05pm On Oct 03, 2010
~Bluetooth:

And what makes you think the people you mentioned would have performed better if they are stark illiterate ?

so no one can do it better

dayokanu:

Believe me there is no correlation with certification and administration especially in a Charly boy show country (where anything can happen.) If the firewood seller is prudent enough to save and have a graduate as his son. And most Nigerian professors are "wise" enough to make the educational sectors an "enviable " one.
Re: King Wasiu Ayinde Arabambi For Senator by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 03, 2010
Until politics is taken as a career,then we can begin to see changes in our present democracy.It's just like saying bankers or medical doctors are not supposed to be educated.Make it a profession,let people study what governance is all about in a formal and refined way and you will see the result we always wanted.
this approach of let everyone contest even when they have nothing to offer is what is killing us.
lannre:

Believe me there is no correlation with certification and administration especially in a Charly boy show country (where anything can happen.) If the firewood seller is prudent enough to save and have a graduate as his son. And most Nigerian professors are "wise" enough to make the educational sectors an "enviable " one.

Re: King Wasiu Ayinde Arabambi For Senator by beejaay: 5:55pm On Oct 03, 2010
@Bluetooth u disappointed me. i use to love your contributions on this forum but you are so wrong on this one. can u please check your so called english dictionary and tell me the OXFORD meaning of a CAREER. Medicine, Engineering, Finance, Law, Art, Music. are they not a career as your dictionary describe it. what is the difference between Wasiu, Micheal jackson, Jay Z, Onyeka Owenu, Owomumi(graduate), Sound Sultan(Graduate). tell us if there is any different. just some times back Jay Z and Warren Buffet had a meeting debating how to donate fund to the poor community, something that ur so called literate cannot do.just because Wasiu Aying grown up on the street of Lagos makes u think he is not capable( remember that there is already a certification procedure for office seekers, going by that it means he has the necessary credential to contest by your definition). please don't show your ignorance more than you have already done. Arnold became the governor of California (a movie start for that matter. whats your take on that?)Wyclef wanted to be president but was disqualify not because he happens to be a musician but because he hasnt be staying in the country for some number of years. Omisore won from Prison, Patricia is an hair Dresser(already bagged national award),Ganiyu Olododo( former chief of staff, commissioner, and current head of service, in kwara state just got his NCE certificate no more than 4 to 5yrs ago and he has one time be the Chairman of a local govt), i know some commissioners in kwara state that are stack illiterate. Bluetooth pls wake up and understand there is difference between governance and what your mentality tells you. these people you think you are mocking are successful people in their field and they are very close to the people, they run away just like Bankole will do after his tenure has ended.
Re: King Wasiu Ayinde Arabambi For Senator by beejaay: 6:02pm On Oct 03, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Until politics is taken as a career,then we can begin to see changes in our present democracy.It's just like saying bankers or medical doctors are not supposed to be educated.Make it a profession,let people study what governance is all about in a formal and refined way and you will see the result we always wanted.
this approach of let everyone contest even when they have nothing to offer is what is killing us.

are u saying that political office seekers should go to school to study political science first before contesting.Politics is not a career but a sefless service to the people thats why its defined as govt for the people by the people and for the benefit of the people. if u say people should take it up as a career then u are saying that a fresh graduate can go into politics immediately he finish his/her NYSC. if i should take it as career how im i suppose to survive without stealing money (tell me). let me ask you did J.F kenedy, G.Bush, Tony Blair, Musharaf, Kofi Annan, Mandele took it as a career? if you say yes to this thats end of story.
Re: King Wasiu Ayinde Arabambi For Senator by beejaay: 6:04pm On Oct 03, 2010
lannre:

tell them.
Re: King Wasiu Ayinde Arabambi For Senator by beejaay: 6:07pm On Oct 03, 2010
lannre:

tell them. i wonder how some people can be so gullible to think that certifications means governance.
Re: King Wasiu Ayinde Arabambi For Senator by lannre(m): 6:19pm On Oct 03, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Governance transcend beyond having a career in Politics, is just like saying no  Chartered Accountants  will perpetrate fraud, or those Chartered bankers (Erastus and co ) will bring about the changes you talk about. Essence of  Governance is to attain the highest level of transparency, accountability and integrity. All these  I believe will be in that "University of Good Governance"  Now the outcome: the Human Resources to implement that knowledge acquired. How do you think they will govern like a professional, they do attend seminars,workshops  , they have blueprints,"white prints" , so many proposals. But this is a Charly boy show. (anything can happen here Bluetooth) I believe Nigeria is probably one of the easiest countries to govern on earth,reason being that Nigerians have this can do spirit that is quite rare in several other countries and they are very intelligent, highly innovative, hard working people.What is needed is a leadership with direction,that's what we lack,I am not a democratic romanticist , but what I do know is that it is a lot harder today to develop any country than it was say 50 years ago,and the more we wait,the harder it becomes.
Re: King Wasiu Ayinde Arabambi For Senator by beejaay: 6:34pm On Oct 03, 2010
lannre:

Governance transcend beyond having a career in Politics, is just like saying no  Chartered Accountants  will perpetrate fraud, or those Chartered bankers (Erastus and co ) will bring about the changes you talk about. Essence of  Governance is governance is to attain the highest level of transparency, accountability and integrity. All these  I believe will be in that "University of Good Governance"  Now the outcome: the Human Resources to implement that knowledge acquired. How do you think they will govern like a professional, they do attend seminars,workshops  , they have blueprints,"white prints" , so many proposals. But this is a Charly boy show. (anything can happen here Bluetooth) I believe Nigeria is probably one of the easiest countries to govern on earth,reason being that Nigerians have this can do spirit that is quite rare in several other countries and they are very intelligent, highly innovative, hard working people.What is needed is a leadership with direction,that's what we lack,I am not a democratic romanticist , but what I do know is that it is a lot harder today to develop any country than it was say 50 years ago,and the more we wait,the harder it becomes.
well said
Re: King Wasiu Ayinde Arabambi For Senator by dayokanu(m): 6:37pm On Oct 03, 2010
~Bluetooth:

So what else can anyone do to make them worse the Prof maurice Iwu, Dimeji bankole, Prof Aborishade and those numerous Profs in Politics
Re: King Wasiu Ayinde Arabambi For Senator by lannre(m): 6:50pm On Oct 03, 2010
I don't know if its time to go back to King Wasiu Ayinde Arabambi for Senator, so that we can learn more from one another. Alhaji Ayinde Omogbolahan Arabambi Oluaye of Fuji ! I learnt he once refuted this publicity about his involvement in politics. So how authentic is this new source and when last was the page  updated ? Maybe Bayowa opened the account for K1, HIS MOTIVE I don't know, I can't figure out the reason. the profile picture is showing bayowa and K1 and if you view bayowa page past one month its Wasiu/Bayowa and the much publicized funeral of the latter father.
Re: King Wasiu Ayinde Arabambi For Senator by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 03, 2010
beejaay:

@Bluetooth u disappointed me. i use to love your contributions on this forum but you are so wrong on this one. can u please check your so called english dictionary and tell me the OXFORD meaning of a CAREER. Medicine, Engineering, Finance, Law, Art, Music. are they not a career as your dictionary describe it. what is the difference between Wasiu, Micheal jackson, Jay Z, Onyeka Owenu, Owomumi(graduate), Sound Sultan(Graduate). tell us if there is any different. just some times back Jay Z and Warren Buffet had a meeting debating how to donate fund to the poor community, something that your so called literate cannot do.just because Wasiu Aying grown up on the street of Lagos makes u think he is not capable( remember that there is already a certification procedure for office seekers, going by that it means he has the necessary credential to contest by your definition). please don't show your ignorance more than you have already done. Arnold became the governor of California  (a movie start for that matter. whats your take on that?)Wyclef wanted to be president but was disqualify not because he happens to be a musician but because he hasnt be staying in the country for some number of years. Omisore won from Prison, Patricia is an hair Dresser(already bagged national award),Ganiyu Olododo( former chief of staff, commissioner, and current head of service, in kwara state just got his NCE certificate no more than 4 to 5yrs ago and he has one time be the Chairman of a local govt), i know some commissioners in kwara state that are stack illiterate. Bluetooth pls wake up and understand there is difference between governance and what your mentality tells you. these people you think you are mocking are successful people in their field and they are very close to the people, they run away just like Bankole will do after his tenure has ended.
I'm not concerned about superior arguement but what I'm trying to state is that we need more than a nuisance to be our public officers.As you said about career,Career is an occupation which a person undertake for a long period of his  lifetime.so if a person is going  into full time politics and is going to take a large years of his lifetime,it automatically becomes a career and such person should be prepared in whatever capacity to be successful in such career
beejaay:

are u saying that political office seekers should go to school to study political science first before contesting.Politics is not a career but a sefless service to the people thats why its defined as govt for the people by the people and for the benefit of the people. if u say people should take it up as a career then u are saying that a fresh graduate can go into politics immediately he finish his/her NYSC. if i should take it as career how im i suppose to survive without stealing money (tell me). let me ask you did J.F kenedy, G.Bush, Tony Blair, Musharaf, Kofi Annan, Mandele took it as a career? if you say yes to this thats end of story.
If only you can agree with me on  what career is and you can also agree that politics is a career,then i will agree that all politicians are supposed to be graduates of political science or other political related courses.The problem with Nigeria is that a petroleum engineer ends up working in a bank and we think it's right whereas,it's very wrong.Why do we have political science as a course in the university if it's not to train students the art of politics and possibly make  a career out of it, I have a friend who has a degree in local government administration and i was wondering how someone could have studied such until he sat me down and i learnt a lot from him even up to the art of manipulating and commiting fraud without traces.
Re: King Wasiu Ayinde Arabambi For Senator by Nobody: 7:52pm On Oct 03, 2010
lannre:

Governance transcend beyond having a career in Politics, is just like saying no  Chartered Accountants  will perpetrate fraud, or those Chartered bankers (Erastus and co ) will bring about the changes you talk about. Essence of  Governance is  to attain the highest level of transparency, accountability and integrity. All these  I believe will be in that "University of Good Governance"  Now the outcome: the Human Resources to implement that knowledge acquired. How do you think they will govern like a professional, they do attend seminars,workshops  , they have blueprints,"white prints" , so many proposals. But this is a Charly boy show. (anything can happen here Bluetooth) I believe Nigeria is probably one of the easiest countries to govern on earth,reason being that Nigerians have this can do spirit that is quite rare in several other countries and they are very intelligent, highly innovative, hard working people.What is needed is a leadership with direction,that's what we lack,I am not a democratic romanticist , but what I do know is that it is a lot harder today to develop any country than it was say 50 years ago,and the more we wait,the harder it becomes.
From what I've seen so far,governance is not a selfess service.it has become a paid occupation and geniocracy must be applied to have the best men in politics.that iwu screwed up as a professor does not mean that a bus driver would have performed better even when such an illiterate may not even know how to read or write.take a look at the Nass and you will discover that the educated ones have contributed more while some are just like normal crowds in the chamber.i hope you know the calibre of such people = the ''let's consider him even when he has nothing to offer group''
Re: King Wasiu Ayinde Arabambi For Senator by dayokanu(m): 8:05pm On Oct 03, 2010
^^ You still havent told me how any human being can be worse than Prof Iwu and Aborishade
Re: King Wasiu Ayinde Arabambi For Senator by Nobody: 8:15pm On Oct 03, 2010
dayokanu:

^^ You still havent told me how any human being can be worse than Prof Iwu and Aborishade
And Etteh that is an illiterate,how did she fair ? If not even worse than the literates.Iwu is not a politician,so is soludo,sanusi etc,they were/are used by the same illiterate politicians we are talking about.
Re: King Wasiu Ayinde Arabambi For Senator by dayokanu(m): 8:17pm On Oct 03, 2010
Which of Barack Obama, Awolowo, AKintola, Azikwe, Bill Clinton, George Bush or Reagan is a career Politician.

Most of them were Lawyers, Businessmen, Engineers, Journalists
Re: King Wasiu Ayinde Arabambi For Senator by Nobody: 8:34pm On Oct 03, 2010
dayokanu:

Which of Barack Obama, Awolowo, AKintola, Azikwe, Bill Clinton, George Bush or Reagan is a career Politician.

I can speak conviniently on Awolowo hear.He was educated as lawyer and a trade union leader and has a high spirit in nationalist movement in Nigeria.you will agree with me that as an academician,he still had genuine inspiration that drove him into politics despite the fact that he already has a leadership experience as a union leader.
Re: King Wasiu Ayinde Arabambi For Senator by beejaay: 8:42pm On Oct 03, 2010

From what I've seen so far,governance is not a selfess service.it has become a paid occupation and geniocracy must be applied to have the best men in politics.that iwu screwed up as a professor does not mean that a bus driver would have performed better even when such an illiterate may not even know how to read or write.take a look at the Nass and you will discover that the educated ones have contributed more while some are just like normal crowds in the chamber.i hope you know the calibre of such people = the ''let's consider him even when he has nothing to offer group''
because politicians in naija have turned governance into a paid occupation doesnt mean the traditional meaning has changed and i think you know better.
Maple:

The late Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa a.k.a The Golden Voice of Africa speaking in London after Nigeria declares its independence.

[flash=635,380]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4twfjk3hoA4?fs=1&amp[/flash]
this is what we call sefless service to ones community. please Bluetooth does it mean that Sir Tafawa Balewa studied political science?
~Bluetooth:

I'm not concerned about superior arguement but what I'm trying to state is that we need more than a nuisance to be our public officers.
so because he is a musician he as automatically turn to a nuisance please another meanifull reason
[/quote]

As you said about career,Career is an occupation which a person undertake for a long period of his  lifetime.so if a person is going  into full time politics and is going to take a large years of his lifetime,it automatically becomes a career and such person should be prepared in whatever capacity to be successful in such career[/b]If only you can agree with me on  what career is and you can also agree that politics is a career,then i will agree that all politicians are supposed to be graduates of political science or other political related courses.The problem with Nigeria is that a petroleum engineer ends up working in a bank and we think it's right whereas,it's very wrong.Why do we have political science as a course in the university if it's not to train students the art of politics and possibly make  a career out of it, I have a friend who has a [b]degree in local government administration and i was wondering how someone could have studied such until he sat me down and i learnt a lot from him even up to the art of manipulating and commiting fraud without traces.
[/qu]what is your definition of a very long time? what i could summarize from your write up is that political office holder should be graduate of political science else they will not perform (what a statement!!!). are you telling us that Abraham Lincoln,Alexander the great and several others were political science graduate was is not from this people experience that political science came as a course?[quote author=dayokanu link=topic=366462.msg6868478#msg6868478 date=1286133462]

i wonder ooooooooooooooooooo
Re: King Wasiu Ayinde Arabambi For Senator by beejaay: 8:52pm On Oct 03, 2010
~Bluetooth:

I can speak conviniently on Awolowo hear.He was educated as lawyer and a trade union leader and has a high spirit in nationalist movement in Nigeria.
and not a political scientist as you suggested
[/quote]you will agree with me that as an academician,he still had genuine inspiration that drove him into politics despite the fact that he already has a leadership experience as a union leader.

[quote]
Are you saying that Wasiu Ayinde is not being drive by genuine inspiration and who told you that Wasiu didnt have leadership xperience, mind you he has successfully lead his group for more than two decade, if not that good the group would have splitted up. im not a fan of wasiu neither am i to any of the musicians but its high time nigerians look inward rather than placing so much on certification when it comes to good governance. trust me he has more to lose if he goes there and fumbles. his families are on ground not like bankole or bukola saraki people will play B Ball on them.

bluetooth i want to contest for senatorial seat of my constituency, my qyualifications are leaving certificate,SSCE,BSC,MSC,PHD,PROF.,NTA,AIT,CHANNELS etc. pls support me and be my campaign manager. you make me laugh in swahili
Re: King Wasiu Ayinde Arabambi For Senator by beejaay: 9:00pm On Oct 03, 2010
[img]http://C:\Users\Sanusi\Desktop\1sir-abubakar-tafawa-balewa.jpg[/img]

Re: King Wasiu Ayinde Arabambi For Senator by Nobody: 9:01pm On Oct 03, 2010
There is a class of people called ''Philospher'' which Alexander,socrates,Aristotle and coming to Nigeria,I will class Balewa,Awo and Zik among that group.they were driven by a certain nationalistic motive and i bet, you can never find that kind of motive in Nigeria again.the zeal to promote their region was there.Although they didn't read politics as a core course but they are university graduates.Would Awolowo have been compared to today Akala ? No !.
All we have today are set of people that only want to get public offices in order to loot.I can still remember the case of a politican that was interviewed and was asked if Nigeria has minerals and the stup!d  man said'yes,we have coke,sprite,7-up and you wonder how that sort of person would deliver in the end when he can't even decipher such a simple question.
Re: King Wasiu Ayinde Arabambi For Senator by Nobody: 9:12pm On Oct 03, 2010
beejaay:

and not a political scientist as you suggestedAre you saying that Wasiu Ayinde is not being drive by genuine inspiration and who told you that Wasiu didnt have leadership xperience, mind you he has successfully lead his group for more than two decade, if not that good the group would have splitted up. im not a fan of wasiu neither am i to any of the musicians but its high time nigerians look inward rather than placing so much on certification when it comes to good governance. trust me he has more to lose if he goes there and fumbles. his families are on ground not like bankole or bukola saraki people will play B Ball on them.

bluetooth[b] i want to contest for senatorial seat of my constituency, my qyualifications are leaving certificate,SSCE,BSC,MSC,PHD,PROF.,NTA,AIT,CHANNELS etc.[/b] pls support me and be my campaign manager. you make me laugh in swahili
All you need for me to support you is a school cert and a bsc for a senatorial seat but i may consider you for a councillorship position if you have just a school cert because the two positions are not the same.Much expectation is expected from a senator !
Re: King Wasiu Ayinde Arabambi For Senator by Nobody: 9:32pm On Oct 03, 2010
Can you guys please tune your tv to CNN and watch how the premier of china Wen JIABAO ;a graduate of geology is addressing critical issues concerning the chinese and her economy. .I wonder how he would have done that if he had been a taxi driver ? It only shows that Knowledge is a critical aspect in leadership and governance.
Re: King Wasiu Ayinde Arabambi For Senator by tkb417(m): 10:26pm On Oct 03, 2010
@Bluetooth
I don't understand what ure saying. Wyclef jean wanted to be President- I don't know the school he went to, arnold Governed California- don't know d school he went to; George Opon Weah was a footballer and he wanted to be the President of Liberia. When did formal education become a pre-requisite to seeking elective posts anywhere in the world? Politics is all about delivering humane projects to ur constituency. Are u saying an illiterate do know know his constituency needs light or good roads?

Ol boi drop it; the man just like the professors can seek for elective posts in the country and in any other country.
Re: King Wasiu Ayinde Arabambi For Senator by tpiah: 10:38pm On Oct 03, 2010
what type of accent did tafawa balewa have?

it's vey puzzling because he sounds faintly southern american or almost irish.
Re: King Wasiu Ayinde Arabambi For Senator by Nobody: 10:48pm On Oct 03, 2010
tkb417:

@Bluetooth
I don't understand what ure saying. Wyclef jean wanted to be President- I don't know the school he went to, arnold Governed California- don't know d school he went to; George Opon Weah was a footballer and he wanted to be the President of Liberia. When did formal education become a pre-requisite to seeking elective posts anywhere in the world? Politics is all about delivering humane projects to your constituency. Are u saying[s] an illiterate do know know his constituency needs light or good roads?
[/s]

Ol boi drop it; the man just like the professors can seek for elective posts in the country and in any other country.
My stand on making a university degree the minimum qualification is based on my personal opinion and I didn't make any reference to any pre-condition or criteria to being elected save for where I cited GENIOCRACY which is a proven method of selecting the best men into public offices
most people questioned the capability of Wyclef to lead Haiti out of the present economic problem facing it and George weah was only brought in to bring the youths under control.Obasanjo did his homework well by helping Johnson Sirleaf to be president .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Needs South-west To Succeed, Says Dickson / Electronic Transmission Of Election Result Illegal – Lawyers / Muhammed Kazaure Gudaji: Why Women Shouldn’t Be Given Too Much Power

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.