Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,432 members, 7,830,167 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec (3343 Views)

Poll: Can Burnley defeat Arsenal?

Certainly: 31% (9 votes)
Nope: 58% (17 votes)
A draw, definitely: 10% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 / Burnley Vs Chelsea (1 - 3) ON 18th August 2014 / Copa Del Rey: Real Madrid Vs Barcelona (1 - 2) On Wed, 18th January 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by Sauron1: 12:13am On Dec 17, 2009
debosky:

Regardless of what you've said Sharon, we should still have won this game. angry

If that is the case, no member of the TOP FOUR should be dropping points against the other sixteen teams in the Premiership, no?

I am telling you the gap has closed considerably well.
No more easy fixtures. . . . .Any big team can be caught cold as you have seen from many strange results this season.
Burnley are no push overs @ Turf Moor. They eliminated Arsenal and Chelsea in last season's Carling Cup, remember?
Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by debosky(m): 12:16am On Dec 17, 2009
I remember that, but if you watched the game, we could've been 3-0 up before the penalty. . . .not to mention other chances in the second half.

Nasri was wasteful, AA23 was wasteful, Walcott was wasteful. I get angry when the margin between success and failure is so slim.

I'm sure maybe tomorrow I'll be in a better mood to give some credit to Burnley but right now I'm just very pissed off at the reality of another two points dropped. It's very costly.
Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by Sauron1: 12:27am On Dec 17, 2009
debosky:

I remember that, but if you watched the game, we could've been 3-0 up before the penalty. . . .not to mention other chances in the second half.

Nasri was wasteful, AA23 was wasteful, Walcott was wasteful. I get angry when the margin between success and failure is so slim.

I'm sure maybe tomorrow I'll be in a better mood to give some credit to Burnley but right now I'm just very pissed off at the reality of another two points dropped. It's very costly.

U dropped a point AWAY from home and you are this pissed. . . . . .United dropped 3 points at OT on Saturday. . . .Do you know what that feels like?
Abeg, go and drink cold water and chillax.
Everyone will still drop precious points especially this busy Christmas period.
Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by denzel2009: 12:33am On Dec 17, 2009
debosky:

They would have scored three goals as well, so counting an "almost goal" doesnt cut it. These types of games make EPL more competitive.
Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by debosky(m): 12:36am On Dec 17, 2009
I am Arsenal fan - so I am clearly looking at OUR failings - let other games be interesting in the premiership. I just want Arsenal to WIN. tongue

~Sauron~:

U dropped a point AWAY from home and you are this pissed. . . . . .United dropped 3 points at OT on Saturday. . . .Do you know what that feels like?
Abeg, go and drink cold water and chillax.
Everyone will still drop precious points especially this busy Christmas period.

I am very pissed. . .you need to have watched this game to know what I'm talking about. . . .a little more composure and this game could've been KILLED in 15 minutes!!

I know everyone will drop points, but I'd rather draw to Villa than draw to Burnley and have all the muppets trotting out the asinine line about Arsenal struggling during a 'cold noight oop norf'.

I've ordered from Shekpe from Nateevs so i'll be fine in a bit. grin
Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by Sauron1: 12:42am On Dec 17, 2009
debosky:

I am Arsenal fan - so I am clearly looking at OUR failings - let other games be interesting in the premiership. I just want Arsenal to WIN. tongue

Selfish GAYnner.

I am very pissed. . .you need to have watched this game to know what I'm talking about. . . .a little more composure and this game could've been KILLED in 15 minutes!!

Was it that bad?

I know everyone will drop points, but I'd rather draw to Villa than draw to Burnley and have all the muppets trotting out the asinine line about Arsenal struggling during a 'cold noight oop norf'.

'Oop Norf' is HELL for all London clubs this term.
Make una nor vex. grin grin grin grin grin grin

I've ordered from Shekpe from Nateevs so i'll be fine in a bit. grin

Saturday is another MATCHDAY so you don't have to stew in tonight's disappointment.
I hate it when i have to wait for one week instead.
Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by debosky(m): 12:45am On Dec 17, 2009
~Sauron~:

Selfish GAYnner.

NO apologies. tongue

Was it that bad?

Believe me it was - first Fab's second chance (which can be pardoned cos he scored a more difficult one), AA23 hitting the bar, Nasri freed on goal. . .it was madness.

'Oop Norf' is HELL for all London clubs this term.
Make una nor vex. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Nonsense - we shall annihilate them at the Emirates to make up for this.

Saturday is another MATCHDAY so you don't have to stew in tonight's disappointment.
I hate it when i have to wait for one week instead.

Can't wait to face Hull. . . the tan freak must be sacked this season and this will be the beginning.
Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by Sauron1: 12:52am On Dec 17, 2009
debosky:

Believe me it was - first Fab's second chance (which can be pardoned cos he scored a more difficult one), AA23 hitting the bar, Nasri freed on goal. . .it was madness.

Wenger must get a clinical striker.

Nonsense - we shall annihilate them at the Emirates to make up for this.

Agent Chris Eagles played well.
He fetched me vital fantasy points tonight.

Can't wait to face Hull. . . the tan freak must be sacked this season and this will be the beginning.

Geovanni & Daniel Cousin + 2008/9
Another gnashing of the teeth at the Emirates.
Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by debosky(m): 12:56am On Dec 17, 2009
~Sauron~:

Wenger must get a clinical striker.

No doubt - AA23 and Cesc did their best, but a finisher would've gobbled up the other chances.

Agent Chris Eagles played well.
He fetched me vital fantasy points tonight.

Eagles was ok. . . he might move to a bigger club next season.

Geovanni & Daniel Cousin + 2008/9
Another gnashing of the teeth at the Emirates.

For Spurs fans yes - their coach was apoplectic last time around in the FA cup, this time his tan will start fading. grin
Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by Sauron1: 1:06am On Dec 17, 2009
debosky:

No doubt - AA23 and Cesc did their best, but a finisher would've gobbled up the other chances.

Letz do a trade. . . . . .Welbeck for Eduardo. grin grin grin

Eagles was ok. . . he might move to a bigger club next season.

Probably Aston Villa.
Martin O'Neill loves wingers.

For Spurs fans yes - their coach was apoplectic last time around in the FA cup, this time his tan will start fading. grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by debosky(m): 1:10am On Dec 17, 2009
~Sauron~:

Letz do a trade. . . . . .Welbeck for Eduardo. grin grin grin

No deal. tongue

Dudu will come good. . .he loves scoring against Hull so he'll harm them come the weekend. cool
Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by Sauron1: 1:25am On Dec 17, 2009
debosky:

No deal.  tongue
Dudu will come good. . .he loves scoring against Hull so he'll harm them come the weekend.  cool

3 easy points for the GAYnners. . . . . .while United have to travel to Craven Cottage and face Etuhu and cohorts. angry
Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by No2Atheism(m): 1:30am On Dec 17, 2009
debosky:

What does this criticism have to do with the game tonight? I don't understand our need to just find someone to blame - Almunia did his job tonight, others didn't.

grin hmm which ones exactly: do you mean the letting in the goals part or the cause us heart attack part. . .
Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by debosky(m): 1:32am On Dec 17, 2009
No2Atheism:

grin hmm which ones exactly: do you mean the letting in the goals part or the cause us heart attack part. . .

Dude did you watch the game? The 'goal' he let in was a penalty. . .how many of those get stopped? He did his job and didn't let in goals except for a penalty - if the forwards did theirs we'd have won.
Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by Sauron1: 1:34am On Dec 17, 2009
Cheese n Rice. . . . .

The FA want to charge Wolves FC for fielding a second team?
Bloody hell, i think there are more morons than sane people at Soho square.

Why didn't they charge Man Utd last season when we fielded a 2nd team against Hull FC?
Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by No2Atheism(m): 1:55am On Dec 17, 2009
debosky:

Dude did you watch the game? The 'goal' he let in was a penalty. . .how many of those get stopped? He did his job and didn't let in goals except for a penalty - if the forwards did theirs we'd have won.

hmm . . . grin grin grin . . the offside that was not really an offside.

That is the goal the Burnley scored but was ruled for offside. . .

THE BALL SHOULD NOT HAVE GOT TO THE BURNLEY PLAYER IN THE FIRST PLACE IF NOT THAT THE BEST GOAL KEEPER IN THE WORLD . . . .hmm did not stop a ball lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Even the commentators said he was lucky that the goal was ruled for offside otherwise na OYO he dey . . .
Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by No2Atheism(m): 1:57am On Dec 17, 2009
Have been an arsenal fan since my OAU days (a long time ago in a galaxy far far away  grin) . . .however the obvious truth is that he is simply not good enough as a First Choice goal keeper. . . . . in this case, poo has hit the fan cus the truth is that Almunia is no longer young, and yet he looks average compared to other goal keepers . .

Its bad when one becomes unsure which one is better between Almunia and Kuschak (who is second choice at Utd) . . .

Even Kirkland is better than Almunia . . .
Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by Sauron1: 2:03am On Dec 17, 2009
No2Atheism:

Am an arsenal since my OAU days

U went to OAU?
Cheese n Rice. . . . . . . .How many of y'all went to that School?
Tkb, Dayo, Banderas, Nyabinghi, Ferlie, and now No2Atheism??
Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by No2Atheism(m): 2:11am On Dec 17, 2009
~Sauron~:

U went to OAU?
Cheese n Rice.  . . . . . . .How many of y'all went to that School?

We plan to take over the world . . .  lipsrsealed
Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by debosky(m): 4:25am On Dec 17, 2009
No2Atheism:

hmm . . . grin grin grin . . the offside that was not really an offside.

That is the goal the Burnley scored but was ruled for offside. . .

THE BALL SHOULD NOT HAVE GOT TO THE BURNLEY PLAYER IN THE FIRST PLACE IF NOT THAT THE BEST GOAL KEEPER IN THE WORLD . . . .hmm did not stop a ball lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Even the commentators said he was lucky that the goal was ruled for offside otherwise na OYO he dey . . .

Rubbish - I wonder what kind of eyes some of you watch footie with. undecided

Go watch it again - there was a deflection off Vermaelen just before the ball passed Almunia. The deflection took it out of his path and into the path of Fletcher. I guess he's at fault for the deflection too?

Oh what about the magnificent punch onto the bar that he made in the first half? I guess that didn't happen either.

No2Atheism:

Have been an arsenal fan since my OAU days (a long time ago in a galaxy far far away  grin) . . .however the obvious truth is that he is simply not good enough as a First Choice goal keeper. . . . . in this case, poo has hit the fan cus the truth is that Almunia is no longer young, and yet he looks average compared to other goal keepers . .

Its bad when one becomes unsure which one is better between Almunia and Kuschak (who is second choice at Utd) . . .

Even Kirkland is better than Almunia . . .

Please bring out stats and don't simply invent things. . .if you are confused about whether Almunia is better than Kitkat, the problem is in your own cerebrum not in reality. Kirkland is better than Almunia now? Wow the crap you come up with at times.
Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by No2Atheism(m): 5:53am On Dec 17, 2009
debosky:

Please bring out stats and don't simply invent things. . .if you are confused about whether Almunia is better than Kitkat, the problem is in your own cerebrum [/b]not in reality. Kirkland is better than Almunia now? [b]Wow the crap you come up with at times.

-   angry angry angry Customers are always right . . .  grin grin grin . . . as a nairaland moderator you are not permitted to insult users . . .

On a more serious note, I do not beleive I am insulting you with any of my posts hence I would appreciate you accord me the same respect by not throwing any insults but instead stick to the point and discussion at hand . . .

Insults are not my thing, hence i would appreciate you keep it as civil as possible.

---------------------------------------------------------

Almunia is sh.i.t end of story . . . Almunia would be benched in any of the other top teams in the premiership . . . imagine . . .even Reinna who is not first choice for Spain and who himself is not really exactly the best thing since slice bread  is still considered better than Almunia . . .  grin grin grin

---------------------------------------------------------

Its okay to be a fan and yet be realistic about it . . . no need in being so devoted unnecessarily . . . Almunia is not good enough to be first choice . . .his performances yesterday and in previous games, leave a little to desire.

----------------------------------------------------------

I would be glad if you can please show a replay video indicating that Almunia missed the ball because it was deflected . . .:

- My own mind tells me Almunia missed the ball after it was also missed by an Arsenal player.
- The commentator said Almunia missed the ball.
- Another ESPN report shown below also said Almunia missed the ball.

You are saying he missed the ball because it was deflected . . . i would be glad to accept that I was wrong once you can show me the video replay showing that the ball was actually deflecteed. . . please do not ask me to trust your word grin grin grin the onus is on you to provide the video evidence since you the one claiming that the ball was deflected

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=269801&campaign=rss&source=soccernet&cc=5739

Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by johnson11(m): 6:18am On Dec 17, 2009
Arsernal this arsernal that, i was badly hurt on Sunday when my dear Liverpool lose to ArSERNAL BUT I can bet it with anything including my life that Liverpool will top the table ahead of Arsernal, Ordinary Burnley held you to 1-1 draw yesterday shame Arsenal .
I am a true fan of Liverpool the most successful club in the whole British, I love you so much with all my heart.You will never walk alone.
Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by FBS: 8:04am On Dec 17, 2009
Lucky a.r.ses eh? cheesy
That was a contentious decision from the ref to disallow that goal.
Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by chrisical(m): 10:07am On Dec 17, 2009
I must admit Walcott has degenerated from the high rating he had when he was at Southampton.This nonsense English media sef.
Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by presido1: 10:23am On Dec 17, 2009
I only noticed "KING" Walcy yesterday when he ballooned the ball to his girl friend. That lil boy can never get a shirt in United reserve.
How he plays for arsenal beats my imagination.
Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 17, 2009
Nice to see the KG boys lose points.
Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by pappilo(m): 12:44pm On Dec 17, 2009
Kuszcak is a top keeper and if not for xenophopia there is now way in the world Foster should be ahead of him. I have exactly ther same sentimenst about walcott. Me self tire for the guy, These were my words when he balloned what should have been an easy cross across the face of goal yetserday ' I can play better than this guy' even though I am preety am pretty rubbish at the game,
Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by BinghiNya(m): 6:01pm On Dec 17, 2009
Dubious decisions got Arsenal and Chelsea out of jail yesterday. Think The FA wants the trophy in London.
Ivanovic did something Micheal Phelps would be proud of and a stupid ref disallowed Burnley's legit goal.

Fingers crossed.
Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by No2Atheism(m): 6:30pm On Dec 17, 2009
BinghiNya:

Dubious decisions got Arsenal and Chelsea out of jail yesterday. Think The FA wants the trophy in London.
Ivanovic did something Micheal Phelps would be proud of and a silly ref disallowed Burnley's legit goal.

Fingers crossed.

Am telling you . . . Arsenal was even lucky to get a point . . . in that match sef . . .

Guys by the way Micheal Phelps is probably coming to my Area here in Manchester cus i see his name on a competition poster . . . am not really a fan of Swimming . . .but might be tempted just to go for the Photo-Ops

grin grin grin grin

[flash=400,350]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/swimming/8417752.stm[/flash]
Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by dayokanu(m): 10:52pm On Dec 17, 2009
U went to OAU?
Cheese n Rice. . . . . . . .How many of y'all went to that School?

No2Atheism was my roomie in early 1999 after they dislodged us from Sports Hall, and He was Seuns Bunkmate in 1999/2000
Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by No2Atheism(m): 12:15am On Dec 18, 2009
dayokanu:

No2Atheism was my roomie in early 1999 after they dislodged us from Sports Hall, and He was Seuns Bunkmate in 1999/2000

See this man . . . . lipsrsealed

- Why you dey expose me in public like this abeg make Sharia people no trace me o o  o o o  grin grin grin grin considering say I don offend a lot of them well . . .

- Remember that time where the Osama bin OAU people dey cause problem for campus that time wey i think wey I still dey for Sports hall or something. . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Arsenal Vs Liverpool (0 - 2) On Saturday August 20th / JUVENTUS... The Old Lady Of Turin (BIANCONERI) / Man United Vs Blackburn [2- 0] On Saturday, 31st October

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.