Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,540 members, 7,812,681 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec (3331 Views)

Poll: Can Burnley defeat Arsenal?

Certainly: 31% (9 votes)
Nope: 58% (17 votes)
A draw, definitely: 10% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 / Burnley Vs Chelsea (1 - 3) ON 18th August 2014 / Copa Del Rey: Real Madrid Vs Barcelona (1 - 2) On Wed, 18th January 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by Cristalz(f): 10:28pm On Dec 14, 2009
Burnley are going to be hosting a seemingly back-in-form Arsenal side on Wednesday night.

Burnley have had trouble keeping a tight defense of recent, and it's a problem that Arsenal can easily take advantage of.
Manager Owen Coyle will be relying on striker Steven Fletcher and on-loan striker David Nugent to get the goals past the Arsenal defense.
So far, Turf Moor seems to favor Burnley a lot; they'll be relying on that little bit of fact yet again this time around.
Wade Elliot and Chris Eagles should get starting places in midfield.
If Burnley can keep their defense organized, they might be able to get something out of the match.  .  .perhaps a point.

Arsenal will be heading to Turf Moor in high spirits after a good weekend display at Anfield where they defeated Liverpool 2 - 1. The 3 points saw them in 3rd place on the table, a mere 3 points behind 2nd-placed Manchester United, and with a game in hand too. Apparently, Arsenal's title hopes are still very much alive. A win at Turf Moor will be more than welcome.
Despite the absence of strikers Robin Van Persie and Nicklas Bendtner, the Gunners were able to maintain good tempo and produce vital goals.
Against Burnley, Arsene Wenger is probably going to call on the services of Arshavin in the position of lone striker again. The little Russian seems to have no problems producing goals from any position on the pitch.
Midfielder Diaby is back for the Gunners, and should feature in the middle alongside Cesc Fabregas.
Goalie Manuel Almunia has had some shaky moments in goal, but hopefully he should be back on track. With Vermaelen and William Gallas marshaling things in back as well, Arsenal's defense should be able to withstand Burnley's attack.
Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by TYPOP(m): 12:24am On Dec 15, 2009
Why will it cross some people's minds that Arsenal will fall to Burnley? Haba, think am well now. God dey.

I wish Chelski loses
Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by edoyad(m): 10:38am On Dec 15, 2009
I really hope Verm and Gallas could get a well deserved rest in one of the home games after Burnley, There's a real hectic period coming up. As for the Burnley game an early goal, like they always say, will save the trouble of running around aimlessly later in the match.
Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by BinghiNya(m): 12:06pm On Dec 15, 2009
Burnley will beat Arsenal today, wanna bet
Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by edoyad(m): 1:31pm On Dec 15, 2009
^ totally agree. Burnley will beat Arsenal today tuesday, the 15th, while Arsenal will beat Burnley tomorrow, wed the 16th.
It's all good wink
Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by femionasan(m): 2:06pm On Dec 15, 2009
@ Edoyad,

I feel you on that.
Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by HNIC(m): 4:49pm On Dec 15, 2009
edoyad:

^ totally agree. Burnley will beat Arsenal today tuesday, the 15th, while Arsenal will beat Burnley tomorrow, wed the 16th.
It's all good wink
I agree also Burnley will beat Arsenal 6-0 on Playstation
While Arsenal beats Burnley 2-0 at Tuft moor tomorrow
Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by Cristalz(f): 5:48pm On Dec 15, 2009
Interesting.  .  .poll's in favor of Burnley defeating Arsenal.
Let it come to pass o.  .  .Ameeeen! grin

What's up with Fab, by the way? Hez got a yellow FPL mark.
Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by adebayo201: 6:27pm On Dec 15, 2009
Cristalz:

Burnley are going to be hosting a seemingly back-in-form Arsenal side on Wednesday night.

it is because of their victory over liverpull i dnt think they are informed yet cool
Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by edoyad(m): 6:31pm On Dec 15, 2009
@HNIC you catch my drift with bingh ba ? grin
Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by adebayo201: 6:32pm On Dec 15, 2009
;d ;d :d :d
Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by HNIC(m): 8:09pm On Dec 15, 2009
edoyad:

@HNIC you catch my drift with bingh ba ? grin
@edoyad
|You bet I did.
Gosh, It was written clearly that the match was for tomorrow! grin
Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by olabukola: 11:40pm On Dec 15, 2009
HNIC:

where is that please?
Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by presido1: 11:41pm On Dec 15, 2009
HNIC:

Good u gonna beat them in Toft moor while they beat you in Tuff moor.
Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by jalether(m): 2:12am On Dec 16, 2009
Burnley 2-1 Arsenal
Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by HNIC(m): 8:27am On Dec 16, 2009
presido1:

Good u gonna beat them in Toft moor while they beat you in Tuff moor.
Presido Olodo grin
You had time to Google and try to correct the mistake and you goofed further
First, I didnt write Toft, I wrote Tuft
Your correction was Tuff
When in actual fact, the place is called TURF MOOR.
Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by edoyad(m): 9:01am On Dec 16, 2009
HNIC don win, cause if you look at it, whether tuft of turf, Burnley already played Arsenal in the Alternate reality Bingi comes from, leaving todays game the only relevant reality.
Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by presido1: 10:49am On Dec 16, 2009
HNIC:

Presido Olodo grin
You had time to Google and try to correct the mistake and you goofed further
First, I didnt write Toft, I wrote Tuft
Your correction was Tuff
When in actual fact, the place is called TURF MOOR.
U did not get the drift Buddy, U were trying to make fun of the guy that wrote the wrong date at the same you made a mistake on your own. It shows that nobody is above that but you Gayners always form to be 100% spot on.

Tuft,Toft, Tuff, and the date are all mistakes, I can happen to anybody so don't capitalise on it when its not you.
Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by HNIC(m): 12:15pm On Dec 16, 2009
presido1:

U did not get the drift Buddy, U were trying to make fun of the guy that wrote the wrong date at the same you made a mistake on your own. It shows that nobody is above that but you Gayners always form to be 100% spot on.

Tuft,Toft, Tuff, and the date are all mistakes, I can happen to anybody so don't capitalise on it when its not you.
Look at the highlighted
You also were trying to make fun of me, but u got it wrong
No one is perfect and guess what, I came clean with my mistake
We all poke fun at each other, don't we?
but. . . . . .
u should have written like Olabukola, u would have escaped my counterattack! grin
Whatever though
The RED AND WHITE ARMY will triumph tonight
Goalscoring would be duly shared tonight
and about time Verm and Gallas rediscover their scoring form!
Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by slimshay(m): 1:33pm On Dec 16, 2009
Ha ha ha, some comic relief here. Nuff h8rs looking for people to do them favors.

To the RED AND WHITE ARMY!!!

One game at a time.
Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by Vanpee(m): 1:55pm On Dec 16, 2009
, in as much as Arsenal has been inconsistent, the result from Anfield coupled with the fact that Man U and Aston Villa (yesterday) have tightened the gap a little bit will shake Arsenal and Chelsea up. Arsene Wenger and the boys know now that hardwork can give anybody in EPL that title. Mathematically, from Liverpool to the top has the chance to lift the trophy. Whatever the result we get this night will not be a surprise, but I doubt Arsenal dropping a point. Let us stay tuned,
Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by Phlota(f): 2:04pm On Dec 16, 2009
al d best 2day. Up gunners!
Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by Adbims007(m): 3:49pm On Dec 16, 2009
It know those burnley guys can do it by trashing arsenal tonight because arsenal would want to experiment by resting most of its key players such as gallas, and co, Which will give those guys a chance to triumph. Burnley 2-1 Arsenal.

Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by azeeza(f): 3:52pm On Dec 16, 2009
haters of arsenal ur prediction will nt come 2 pass.arsenal 2-burnley 0

ARSENAL RULE

IN WENGER WE TRUST cool
Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by stonkodinh: 4:04pm On Dec 16, 2009
Make una come bet wit una papa or una mama. Arsenal go finish burnley. If u no gree come bet wit your life. Score is going to be 3-1. TRUST ME.

Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by v3: 6:23pm On Dec 16, 2009
Stopping by the voice my support for d lads. . .it's gonna snow tonight @ turf moore&d sleek passing'll be a bit hindered! but i trust the boyz to give burnley some spanking. . . cool

Till then

One game @ a time!
Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by allboyz(m): 7:32pm On Dec 16, 2009
FAB4
AA23
SONG
Gallas/Nasri

4 -1

Go gooners!
Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by HNIC(m): 8:56pm On Dec 16, 2009
finally,Arsenal scores in the first 15 minutes
1-0
Fab4 scores
How did he miss this one?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man United Vs Blackburn [2- 0] On Saturday, 31st October / Mario Balotelli Is So Useless,he Can't Dress Himself Up / Stoke City Vs Liverpool (3 - 1) On 26th December 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.