Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) (31415 Views)

30 Days And 30 Nights (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / All In One Night (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / Underlying Love (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 7:53pm On Apr 08, 2017
Chapter 7

It just so happened that Andrew’s church was along the same road as Anita’s, and she was standing at the bus stop while he was heading home. She said it was a coincidence, he said it was fate.

He was thinking of going to drop her off at home but decided to ask her if she would like to go and watch the new Wolverine movie with him. With a surprised look on her face she said, “What? You were heading to the cinema?”
“Yea, why are you shocked?” He said and studied her for a while.
“Well, I was also thinking of going to watch Beauty and the Beast today.”
“That’s Interesting. We are really in sync.”
“What? You mean like the Justin Timberlake band?” She said
“No, I mean…”
“I know! I know!” She said excitedly, cutting him off.
“So…So, you will watch Logan with me?”
“Let’s watch Beauty and the Beast.”
“Beauty and the what?”
“Come on! Please! I am sure you would love it.” She said, and Andrew took a quick look at her. She was acting like a little girl but her husky voice was so sexy it was driving him crazy.
“Okay. What do I get if we watch the movie?”
She smiled before saying, “I’ll watch Logan with you next week Sunday.”
“It’s a deal. Beauty and the Beast it is.” He said and revved up the engine of the Porsche.

………………..

After the movie they went to a bar called Rhapsody overlooking the mall’s car park. Anita took orange juice as usual. Andrew ordered a bottle of whisky after she made fun of his big belly and said it was filled with beer. They talked, and laughed at some silly things they did back in the past. And then the both of them became silent. He looked at her for a while and when she got uncomfortable, she said, “What?” and chuckled.

“Anita, I think I am falling in love with you.” Andrew said with a straight face.

Anita burst out laughing and some of her juice went flying straight at his face. She brought out her white handkerchief and cleaned her mouth before leaning in to clean his face while still laughing. “Andrew, I think…” She was saying, and stopped to clean a part of his face she had missed earlier and then continued, “…I think you are drunk.”

Andrew didn’t say anything; he just let his stare burn through her soul. She looked away after a while, and took a sip from her cup. She looked up and saw someone familiar heading towards the spiral stairwell. The person looked her way and smiled. She smiled back still not recognizing who the person was. Now the petite looking girl in denim dungarees was heading towards their table. Andrew looked sideways to follow Anita’s gaze and said in a low tone, “Hey, Bimpe how are you doing?”
The girl stopped when she saw Andrew, and the pleasant look on her face got replaced with that of disdain. She muttered some curse words under her breath, turned around and headed back towards the stairs.
“Andrew, who is she?” Anita asked, tensed on her seat. “Who is she?” She repeated louder this time when he hadn’t answered her the first time.
“She’s Tunde’s younger sister.”
Anita searched Andrew’s eyes for more answers, but he said nothing. His head was bent low now. Without saying another word, she got off her seat and walked up quickly towards the stairs.

5 Likes

Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by sirblero(m): 2:41pm On Apr 09, 2017
thanks for the update sir.
happy Sunday to you all...
following

1 Like

Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Rahmoney(m): 3:10pm On Apr 09, 2017
NICE.. Happy Sunday..

1 Like

Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by MhizDherbee(f): 3:41pm On Apr 09, 2017
awwwwn... nice story!!! Anoda update pls.......

1 Like

Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Kpeshi10(m): 1:13pm On Apr 10, 2017
" Anita, i think i am falling in love with you..." wow thats bold, nice work Kayo

1 Like

Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by buccal(m): 6:05pm On Apr 10, 2017
Next update pls

1 Like

Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 1:43pm On Apr 12, 2017
Chapter 8

Anita caught up with her half way through the car park. “Bimpe, please wait.” She said when she was a few feet away from the girl. She turned around, and the mean look on her face scared Anita for a second. “What’s wrong? Why did you…”
“He knew Tunde was going to commit suicide and he didn’t do anything about it.” She said, cutting Anita off. She was hyperventilating as she searched through the big brown leather bag she had on her shoulder. They were in between two cars now and Anita leaned on the car on the right as what Tunde’s kid sister told her sank in. The girl brought up an old looking Blackberry phone, with fidgeting hands; she tapped on the keypad very fast, and then handed it over to Anita. “Please read this conversation.” The girl said, standing at akimbo, looking up at Anita. As an afterthought, she added, “I came here to get a new phone case for his Blackberry.”
After a few seconds of staring at the phone screen, Anita’s hand fell to her side.

………………..

He exhaled smoke and leaned back in his seat. Just when he was having the best time of his life, things took a left turn. The pack of Pall Mall had gone with him everywhere for the last couple of days, and he just realized that before the cigarette stick he had between his lips right now, he hadn't smoked since he reconnected with her two days ago. The tall and busty girl with the mini skirt that had served them drinks came to ask if he needed anything and he handed her a couple of Naira notes. The girl counted it and she would go and get his change, but he told her not to worry. She left with a smile on her face and he was happy that he could at least still make someone happy right now.

“Andrew.” He heard the husky voice he grown so found of over the days call his name. He turned to the side and saw her standing there, with no expression on her face. He would have even been more comfortable if she had a frown on her face. “Please, I want to get my bag from your car.” He wanted o ask her to seat, but the music playing in the background wouldn’t have made it the right place to talk. So, he picked up his park of Pall Mall cigarette and car keys from the table and got off the couch.

The walk to the car was the longest two minutes of his life. He thought about how someone’s actions can affect so many people negatively even after he is gone. He knew his friend was depressed, but he never believed he would actually kill himself.
When he was a few feet away from the Porsche, he hit the lock remote, and as the ‘Beep. Beep’ sound came on, Anita barked out, “He needed five thousand Andrew. Just five freaking thousand Naira.”
“Anita, I had sent him money on numerous occasions before then.” Andrew said in a low tone.
“He told you he hadn’t eaten in three days.” She said as she stood with her arms crossed, by the car’s trunk.
“Anita, you don’t understand. I had…”
“Understand what? He told you he was going to kill himself, and you didn’t reply him.” She said and he became quiet, lost in thought of the decisions he had made. He had thought his friend was bluffing. “Andrew, you read his message and didn’t reply him.” She aid with disgust in her voice.
“Anita, I understand how it must sound to you, but…I didn’t know he was serious.” He said as he fiddled with the car key in his hand. “I had just sent him fifty thousand a few weeks before then. And…”
“Andrew, I don’t care if you sent him a million Naira a week before. You knew your friend was suicidal and you overlooked it?” She said and he bowed his head in shame. When he didn’t say anything for a few seconds, she said, “Sorry, I can’t be in your presence right now. Let me get my bag and hat please.”

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 1:52pm On Apr 12, 2017
MhizDherbee:
awwwwn... nice story!!! Anoda update pls.......

Updated.
Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 1:53pm On Apr 12, 2017
buccal:
Next update pls

Updated. Sorry for the delay.

1 Like

Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 1:53pm On Apr 12, 2017
Kpeshi10:
" Anita, i think i am falling in love with you..." wow thats bold, nice work Kayo

Thank you.
Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 1:54pm On Apr 12, 2017
sirblero:
thanks for the update sir.

happy Sunday to you all...

following

Tank you.
Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Missmossy(f): 2:28pm On Apr 12, 2017
Awww its not his fault though, Andrew would definitely feel bad. Keep it coming cheesy

1 Like

Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 3:32pm On Apr 12, 2017
Chapter 9

Andrew couldn’t believe he could ever feel suicidal. He was lying in bed staring at the ceiling, with a cigarette in his hand, wondering if anyone would ever fully understand life. Just when he was giving love a chance, he got slapped with the opposite real quick. His flat felt emptier than ever right now.

Was it really my fault? He thought of it all. He had given Tunde hundreds of thousands to settle his debt last year and even gave him more money afterwards to help him stand on his own two feet. But, as talented and ambitious as Tunde was, he always ended up in debt and needing money every time. He thought if he didn’t help out again, Tunde would be able to be self reliant and stand on his own feet, but never did he think Tunde was actually going to kill himself.

Veronica came back into the room naked, and he didn’t even feel any urge. The sex they had had a few minutes ago was more mechanical than anything. He was even regretting calling her over as he wished she would just leave, but he couldn’t just kick her out. He just wanted to feel a little better, but now, he was feeling worse off. She bent down to take a drag from his cigarette stick and walked over to his wardrobe with the mirror in the middle. He and Veronica had an understanding, and she hardly asked him personal questions, which was why they had remained friends for this long. He never asked her why she was so beautiful but had a nasty scar on her upper arm, and she never asked why he wasn’t married at 36.

Michael Jackson’s You Are Not Alone song came on, and Andrew was tempted to share his situation with Veronica, but he shook off the thought. He didn’t want to risk getting things more complicated than it was already.

Even though he was going through his worst time, he got an epiphany. He realized he really didn’t need the mindless sex. And he made up his mind that if he made it out of the whole issue, and if Anita could forgive him, he would become monogamous. There was really more to life than money, sex, and cigarettes. He took one puff from his cigarette and laughed as he crushed the bud on the silver ashtray by the small stool beside his bed. Veronica looked back briefly with a questioning look on her face, but turned back around when he didn’t say anything.

3 Likes

Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 3:32pm On Apr 12, 2017
Missmossy:
Awww its not his fault though, Andrew would definitely feel bad. Keep it coming cheesy

I just updated. Another update tomorrow morning. Thanks for following the story. I appreciate it.
Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Nobody: 4:47pm On Apr 12, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Nobody: 5:40pm On Apr 12, 2017
Lovely story. Please, post another update.

1 Like

Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by sirblero(m): 10:44pm On Apr 12, 2017
Haba..tunde no try joorh...

hundreds of thousands....

omo..

the guy can't invest ni..or he's just lavishing it anyhow..because he knows his friend will give him more when he asks him...

life

#we don't know the importance of some things..

nice one O.P..more lengthy updates..

1 Like

Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by buccal(m): 11:58pm On Apr 12, 2017
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by MhizDherbee(f): 3:24pm On Apr 13, 2017
I'm loving this!!!

1 Like

Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Damibiz(m): 5:19pm On Apr 13, 2017
Damibiz jst get to knw abt ur work few hourz ago,nd i mst confess it is jst too good...nice update

1 Like

Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by khaifa(f): 4:29pm On Apr 14, 2017
kayo80:

I just updated. Another update tomorrow morning. Thanks for following the story. I appreciate it.

Oga Kayo80, pls tomorrow morning e yaff pass naaa grin grin. Am following dis one and I like the way u write, pls keep d update (lengthy wink) flowing wink wink God bless u sir....

1 Like

Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 7:27pm On Apr 14, 2017
Thanks guys. My phone was stolen at the bank yesterday morning and it left me disorganized for a bit. I have bounced back sha. I will update tomorrow. Thanks for keeping the story alive. I really appreciate it.
Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 7:28pm On Apr 14, 2017
khaifa:

Oga Kayo80, pls tomorrow morning e yaff pass naaa grin grin. Am following dis one[b] and I like the way u write[/b], pls keep d update (lengthy wink) flowing wink wink God bless u sir....

Thanks a lot for this. At least I know one person will be interested in the story I want to write immediately after this one.

1 Like

Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 7:29pm On Apr 14, 2017
Damibiz:
Damibiz jst get to knw abt ur work few hourz ago,nd i mst confess it is jst too good...nice update

Thanks a lot.
Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Damibiz(m): 7:30pm On Apr 14, 2017
Eyaa,thunda fire who so ever made soup with that phone,may it never be sweet in his/her mouth amen
Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 7:30pm On Apr 14, 2017
MhizDherbee:
I'm loving this!!!

smiley
Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Damibiz(m): 7:31pm On Apr 14, 2017
U re welcome
kayo80:

Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 7:31pm On Apr 14, 2017
Damibiz:
Eyaa,thunda fire who so ever made soup with that phone,may it never be sweet in his/her mouth amen

Amen! LOL!
Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by khaifa(f): 12:19pm On Apr 15, 2017
kayo80:
Thanks guys. My phone was stolen at the bank yesterday morning and it left me disorganized for a bit. I have bounced back sha. I will update tomorrow. Thanks for keeping the story alive. I really appreciate it.

So sorry to hear oooh, it will never be well with those phone grabbers.... buh good to know u av bounced back wink thumps up sir!
Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by MhizDherbee(f): 1:39pm On Apr 26, 2017
pls drop an update....
Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 12:00pm On Apr 27, 2017
Sorry guys, I am going through depressing times right now. Everything bad just seems to be happening to me at the same time. I can't write for now. Unless ofcos someone gives me $1 million dollars. lol! Once again, sorry for not being able to complete the story.
Re: Everyone Falls In Love Sometimes (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by EvaJael(f): 2:36pm On Apr 27, 2017
Ok.. ...I hope u complete it someday soon

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Bolt From The Blue (18+) / Eothen-Our losses / Inheritance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.