Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

I Want To Be An Atheist But something always draws me back - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Want To Be An Atheist But something always draws me back (1071 Views)

4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist / 6 Reason Not To Be An Atheist (but A Believer [christian]). / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Be An Atheist But something always draws me back by explorer250(m): 9:47pm On Mar 05, 2017
I am tired of life. I feel depressed and like a failure. it seems that God has failed me
there is something I seriously prayed about but it didn't work out and that shattered my faith.
I have read things here from atheists and satanists and there arguments are very convincing and for the first time in my life I doubted the bibles credibility.
but no matter how I try to leave God and Christianity it seems as if I am a hostage to something that draws me back and I just can't run away but always comes back to God. my academics is failing and detest being a failure with everything in me. I feel frustrated and sometimes I think God is my problem

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be An Atheist But something always draws me back by explorer250(m): 9:51pm On Mar 05, 2017
Re: I Want To Be An Atheist But something always draws me back by explorer250(m): 9:53pm On Mar 05, 2017
I just feel like forgetting everything about God and charting a new course for my life

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be An Atheist But something always draws me back by KingGBsky(m): 10:02pm On Mar 05, 2017
Mods close this stupid thread.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be An Atheist But something always draws me back by Jeromejnr(m): 10:07pm On Mar 05, 2017
Repent and be truly saved Sir!

But Jesus said, “Do not stop him, for no one who does a mighty work in my name will be able soon afterward to speak evil of me."
Re: I Want To Be An Atheist But something always draws me back by explorer250(m): 10:13pm On Mar 05, 2017
KingGBsky:
Mods close this stupid thread.
I want advice maybe something that will strengthen me up and not condemnation. so what is stupid about the thread?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be An Atheist But something always draws me back by explorer250(m): 10:15pm On Mar 05, 2017
Jeromejnr:
Repent and be truly saved Sir!

But Jesus said, “Do not stop him, for no one who does a mighty work in my name will be able soon afterward to speak evil of me."
have done that but always backsliding. I am just fed up with everything
Re: I Want To Be An Atheist But something always draws me back by Jeromejnr(m): 10:33pm On Mar 05, 2017
explorer250:

have done that but always backsliding. I am just fed up with everything

No Sir!

You are wrong.

Repentance is not what u think it means.

It's not just by quoting a sinners prayer and then boom..you are forever saved.

Did ur affections change after repenting? Do u feel strong convictions whenever u commit a sin or u just go about not caring?

The problem has been d way most have propagated the gospel. They just go about saying if you say this prayer then you are saved.

And as a result, because God was not the one that convicted the sinner, they still having the nature of goats try to walk like sheep. And then they later fall away.

Most ppl that think have repented have not. And they will be surprised on that day. They think is by going to church and claiming to be a Christian.

Well, bro it's much more than that. You have to strive daily to give God a 100%..die to self...give up ur will and right...love Him more than ur family and ambitions and desires.

The way is much harder and narrow than you have been taught. Not all these comfortable so called Christianity we have these days.

This is the reason Jesus gave various ppl that wanted to follow Him some hard conditions. And He said Many will say unto me in that day....and He will day depart from me.

True Christianity is not doing all the righteous things you hate and staying away from all the unrighteous things you Love. NO!

That's a lost man in religion. (Paul Washer)

When God convicts you to repentance then your affections change and you desire to do the will of God and loathe sin.

So I know why I said repent. There are so many weeds in the church and they will soon be cut off.

Re: I Want To Be An Atheist But something always draws me back by Raphael81(m): 10:37pm On Mar 05, 2017
explorer250:
I am tired of life. I feel depressed and like a failure. it seems that God has failed me
there is something I seriously prayed about but it didn't work out and that shattered my faith.
I have read things here from atheists and satanists and there arguments are very convincing and for the first time in my life I doubted the bibles credibility.
but no matter how I try to leave God and Christianity it seems as if I am a hostage to something that draws me back and I just can't run away but always comes back to God. my academics is failing and detest being a failure with everything in me. I feel frustrated and sometimes I think God is my problem

"And Jesus looked upon them with pity"
Re: I Want To Be An Atheist But something always draws me back by explorer250(m): 10:45pm On Mar 05, 2017
Jeromejnr:

No Sir!

You are wrong.

Did ur affections change after repenting? Do u feel strong convictions whenever u commit a sin or u just go about not caring?

The problem has been d way most have propagated the gospel. They just go about saying if you say this prayer then you are saved.

And as a result, because God was not the one that convicted the sinner, they still having the nature of goats try to walk like sheep. And then they later fall away.

Most ppl that think have repented have not. And they will be surprised on that day. They think is by going to church and claiming to be a Christian.

Well, bro it's much more than that. You have to strive daily to give God a 100%..die to self...give up ur will and right...love Him more than ur family and ambitions and desires.

The way is much harder and narrow than you have been taught. Not all these comfortable so called Christianity we have these days.

This is the reason Jesus gave various ppl that wanted to follow Him some hard conditions. And He said Many will say unto me in that day....and He will day depart from me.

True Christianity is not doing all the righteous things you hate and staying away from all the unrighteous things you Love. NO!

When God convicts you to repentance then your affections change and you desire to do the will of God and loathe sin.

So I know why I said repent. There are so many weeds in the church and they will soon be cut off.

thank you very much
Re: I Want To Be An Atheist But something always draws me back by explorer250(m): 10:48pm On Mar 05, 2017
Raphael81:

you still haven't said anything meaningful
Re: I Want To Be An Atheist But something always draws me back by engrtee(f): 10:54pm On Mar 05, 2017
explorer250:

fear of failure draws u back
Re: I Want To Be An Atheist But something always draws me back by Pastafarian: 11:24pm On Mar 05, 2017
explorer250:
sometimes I think God is my problem

I'm an atheist, can you elucidate on the above?
Re: I Want To Be An Atheist But something always draws me back by Pastafarian: 11:25pm On Mar 05, 2017
Raphael81:

and Odin looked upon the Christians with pity
Re: I Want To Be An Atheist But something always draws me back by obinna58(m): 2:48am On Mar 06, 2017
Work hard and forget god
No one is helping u but urself
Re: I Want To Be An Atheist But something always draws me back by Raphael81(m): 7:25am On Mar 06, 2017
explorer250:

you still haven't said anything meaningful

Ionoo you but think well, man is free but constantly in chains
Re: I Want To Be An Atheist But something always draws me back by Raphael81(m): 7:27am On Mar 06, 2017
Pastafarian:

and Odin looked upon the Christians with pity

Are u atheist bro? Not bad but try and come home soon especially if you were not born an atheist
Re: I Want To Be An Atheist But something always draws me back by avaa(m): 7:35am On Mar 06, 2017
It is called indoctrination friend. A lifetime of brainwashing is not something that can be easily repaired within a few weeks.

My only concern is this, don't leave Christianity because you think Yahweh has disappointed you, or because your prayers weren't answered. This is because atheism doesn't promise you anything. There is no magic fairy, but there is no Bleep.ng devil/Satan to stop you.

Analyse your faith/Religion critically, read books, especially on history, physics and biology. Question your faith critically, unemotionally.

Study Christianity from an objective point of view, don't be afraid that Yahweh will strike you dead if you ask questions, he won't, he can't. Study other religions too, you will be amazed by the things you will find out.

Finally, don't stop going to church. Believe in yourself and what you can achieve if you set your heart and hand to it. Begin to develop yourself, learn to depend on yourself, that way, the disappointments will vanish.

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Be An Atheist But something always draws me back by avaa(m): 7:37am On Mar 06, 2017
Raphael81:

Are u atheist bro? Not bad but try and come home soon especially if you were not born an atheist

Home to what if I may ask?
Re: I Want To Be An Atheist But something always draws me back by Raphael81(m): 7:51am On Mar 06, 2017
avaa:

Home to what if I may ask?

Ha go and be a Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, confusionist,, Taoist, Maoist, Hindu or anything, just try and find a being to worship biko
Re: I Want To Be An Atheist But something always draws me back by ScepticalPyrrho: 8:42am On Mar 06, 2017
Raphael81:

Ha go and be a Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, confusionist,, Taoist, Maoist, Hindu or anything, just try and find a being to worship biko
Op, just ignore this guy.

Being unsuccessful after so much prayers could expose you to the reality...

But leaving your faith for just this reason isn't enough.

Theists on this forum think we are all victims of disappointment. The truth is our paths are different, but our findings and convictions are irrefutable. It takes a long process to be fully an atheist. When this happens, it is impossible to be a religious person.

Most of us still attend places of worships. We sit amongst theists, even wish them God's blessings in our daily greetings.

If you do all this but still can't find any justification to holding onto a God claim. You are there.

Being an atheist is not by choice, it happens after you've exhausted all the unreasonable excuses for believing in a God but none of which justifies your believing.

Depending on how you perceive things from then on, you'll keep searching and associating yourself among the variations of atheistic disposition as ideas continues to flow freely and objectively.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Be An Atheist But something always draws me back by dalaman: 9:09am On Mar 06, 2017
explorer250:

Why become an athiest because you feel God disappointed you? That shouldn't be the reason why anybody should become an atheist. Atheism is the realization that no God exist because you got to discover that God is a.man made idea and creation not because you are angry at any God. I left christianity and the entire God enterprise after discovering that it is a man made institution and creation.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Be An Atheist But something always draws me back by avaa(m): 9:20am On Mar 06, 2017
Raphael81:

I am god myself. So no, but thank you.
Re: I Want To Be An Atheist But something always draws me back by frank317: 10:29am On Mar 06, 2017
Jeromejnr:

No Sir!

You are wrong.

Look at how u are going round and round after he has told you he has done exactly what u asked him to do. The only thing left for u is to accuse him that he didn't do it right.
Your God is hiding yet he is making communication with him so difficult... What the hell is wrong with him.
What's ur God scared of?
Now repenting much more than asking for forgiveness? He has to feel the emotion, say it the right way(your way of course), now most people are propagating the gospel the wrong way. Mr know it all, I can see that u are the only one going to heaven.

All these process just for a mythical heaven? Rubbish, I'd rather go to hell

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Be An Atheist But something always draws me back by Jeromejnr(m): 10:46am On Mar 06, 2017
frank317:

Look at how u are going round and round after he has told you he has done exactly what u asked him to do. The only thing left for u is to accuse him that he didn't do it right.
Your God is hiding yet he is making communication with him so difficult... What the hell is wrong with him.
What's ur God scared of?
Now repenting much more than asking for forgiveness? He has to feel the emotion, say it the right way(your way of course), now most people are propagating the gospel the wrong way. Mr know it all, I can see that u are the only one going to heaven.

All these process just for a mythical heaven? Rubbish, I'd rather go to hell

You had rather go to hell.

This statement will not be forgotten.
Re: I Want To Be An Atheist But something always draws me back by luvmijeje(f): 11:04am On Mar 06, 2017
Okayyy.. .. .. .. Ist of all, Atheist is not a religion, is not even an organized movement. So trying to be an Atheist is an illusion that has a brief ending.

Now To the main crust, from your post it shows you're serving God for the wrong reason. Actually most times challenges bring people to God but knowing God makes you stick to him.

Bros, you've not known God. Why do I say so Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose.

If you've known him you will realize, for you not to have received the answers to your request there must be a reason. If you've also known God, you will serve him unconditionally and not because you want something from him.

You are forgiven because you're a baby Christian and God recognize it. But what request did you make to God?
Re: I Want To Be An Atheist But something always draws me back by Raphael81(m): 12:38pm On Mar 06, 2017
avaa:

I am god myself. So no, but thank you.

Don't worry bro, I still have you in my prayers
Re: I Want To Be An Atheist But something always draws me back by avaa(m): 12:53pm On Mar 06, 2017
Raphael81:

Don't worry bro, I still have you in my prayers

Like I always say to theists, stop wasting your prayers on mundane things. Millions of children around the world could use your god's intervention. Hundreds die daily, from diseases, war and hunger. Why don't you tell/pray to your god to do something about that. oh, I forgot, he is busy preparing the lake of fire. How does that sht even works?

So Mr. prayer warrior, whenever you wanna pray to your sky daddy, remember to actually ask for things the world needs, like the cure for cancer, clean water for millions of African children, and since you believe the devil is the cause of all evil, let him just defeat him once and for all so that we can all have a happy ever after.
Re: I Want To Be An Atheist But something always draws me back by frank317: 1:22pm On Mar 06, 2017
Jeromejnr:

You had rather go to hell.

This statement will not be forgotten.

no b forgotten by who?
Re: I Want To Be An Atheist But something always draws me back by Niflheim(m): 4:57pm On Mar 06, 2017
@explorer250,

I am so sorry about what you are going through!!!

1.Can you try and open up and tell us a bit more about yourself!!! Could it be that you are showing little to no interest in your course of study(the reason for the failure)? Maybe you might prefer to study a course that is more interesting to you? I had a similar problem when I was in UNILAG, I was always failing, but it had to do with my "lack of interest"!!!

2.Are you having financial issues in school? This might be a contributing factor!!!

3.God can never call you back to christianity, because he does not exist!!! The only thing that might call you back to christianity is Fear!!! The fear of 'what my parents will say', the fear of 'what my friends and neighbours will say', and the fear of 'what my pastor will say'!!! It happens to everyone!!! It even happened to me!!!

4.God is not your problem!!! Unless you worship "god" for hours when you are meant to be studying!!! Or you do night vigils on a day of an early exam, which will leave you exhausted!!! Do you fast during exam periods? That is a recipe for disaster(studying with stomach ulcers)!!! This will mean that "religion" is your problem!!!
Re: I Want To Be An Atheist But something always draws me back by hopefulLandlord: 4:59pm On Mar 06, 2017
avaa:

Like I always say to theists, stop wasting your prayers on mundane things. Millions of children around the world could use your god's intervention. Hundreds die daily, from diseases, war and hunger. Why don't you tell/pray to your god to do something about that. oh, I forgot, he is busy preparing the lake of fire. How does that sht even works?

So Mr. prayer warrior, whenever you wanna pray to your sky daddy, remember to actually ask for things the world needs, like the cure for cancer, clean water for millions of African children, and since you believe the devil is the cause of all evil, let him just defeat him once and for all so that we can all have a happy ever after.

I fully endorse this

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Be An Atheist But something always draws me back by GoodMuyis(m): 10:14pm On Mar 06, 2017
avaa:

The Last time He did, the science fail to reverence him.

Prayer Works you hear, even hopefulLandlord once said he had seeing millions who pray and got answers and vice-versa.

Those who did not get answers have their problem resulting from inconsistency in their isometric projection due to different level of isotopic radiation in their field of force. So the gravitational pull that would have brought down the answer from a philanthropic God does not have enough efficiency of fill capacity.

Now Do you understand the Scientific explanation?

(1) (Reply)

Rccg Sunday School 25 June, 2017 / 17 Differences Between A Stage And An Altar!!! / Photos: Bishop Oyedepo Visits Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.