Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

Part Of The Bible Where Man Was Smarter Than God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Part Of The Bible Where Man Was Smarter Than God (1035 Views)

Why Do People Fear Man Rather Than God? / Why Science Is More Powerful Than God With An Experiment. / Please Show Me In Your Bible Where Jesus Says I Am God And You Should Worship Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Part Of The Bible Where Man Was Smarter Than God by badthinds: 8:15am On Jul 22, 2018
First of all, I want to wish every one a happy sunday.

Now, straight to the matter.

When ever I tell those around me the bible has pages that proved humans to be smarter than God or parts of the bible that totally ridiculed God's intelligence, they never believe even with backup from the verses.

Let me walk us through one book from my research. Call this "The Golden Calf".
For the purpose of this article, any bible version will do.

THE GOLDEN CALF

(Author: Patrick, Abah. Twitter.com/patabah)

Remember when God saved the Israelites from the Egyptians?

Everything went smoothly until they made a Calf god.

God saw this and was angered:
[ Exodus 32:7-8
[big]7[/big] And the LORD said to Moses, "Go down, for your people, whom you brought up out of the land of Egypt, have corrupted themselves.
[big]8[/big] They have turned aside quickly out of the way that I commanded them. They have made for themselves a golden calf and have worshiped it and sacrificed to it and said, ‘These are your gods, O Israel, who brought you up out of the land of Egypt!’"]

Jehovah went on to say to moses:
[ Exodus 32:10
[big]10[/big] Now therefore let me alone, that my wrath may burn hot against them and I may consume them, in order that I may make a great nation of you.” ]

Now the intellectual challenge:
Moses, at this point began to think of the implications of what God had want to do.

Moses suggested:
[ Exodus 32:11
[big]11[/big] But Moses implored the LORD his God and said, “O LORD, why does your wrath burn hot against your people, whom you have brought out of the land of Egypt with great power and with a mighty hand?
[big]12[/big] Why should the Egyptians say, ‘With evil intent did he bring them out, to kill them in the mountains and to consume them from the face of the earth’? Turn from your burning anger and relent from this disaster against your people.

Now, God apparently forgot his promise but thankfully, Moses reminded him:
[ Exodus 32:13
[big]13[/big] Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, your servants, to whom you swore by your own self, and said to them, ‘I will multiply your offspring as the stars of heaven, and all this land that I have promised I will give to your offspring, and they shall inherit it forever.’ ” ]

Hmm, what happened next?

The New World Translation of the Bible has it in
[ Exodus 32:14 as
[big]14[/big] So Jehovah began to reconsider the calamity that he had spoken of bringing on his people. ]

I hope my article has given clear evidence from the Bible to support my claims of the Bible suggesting the IMPERFECTION of God.

MORAL LESSONS

Some times, you make certain choices that you later regret or say things before thinking/reconsidering. The effect that remorse has on individuals varies. Take is easy on yourself. If you're a religious person, it may be comforting to know, now (even though this may have the 'Black Swan' effect on your believes) that even a supernatural being as all-knowing as God can/is imperfect.

( grin CHAI, I'm just feeling like a Philosopher right now grin )

In sum: carry on jeje with life life. Every day we make choices, some turn out to be bad mistakes, try to correct the correctable mistakes and try to avoid the permanent mistakes next time.

I hope I've contributed something tangible to your life this sunday. Once again, happy sunday.

Offering time... Blessing time! grin
There is an instagram handle called @WordFunFacts, donate your follows there if the content (we simply play with words there, some funny) interests you (I bet it will). grin

For the last time in this article, Happy Sunday my pipu.

Sincerely, badthinds.
Edit: God had felt remorse in the past for poor decisions here www.nairaland.com/4631935/does-god-feels-remorse-imperfect#69602257. If He had not listened to Moses, it may have happened again.
Re: Part Of The Bible Where Man Was Smarter Than God by johnjerome(m): 8:16am On Jul 22, 2018
o
Re: Part Of The Bible Where Man Was Smarter Than God by Flatties: 8:25am On Jul 22, 2018
just treat others the way you'd want to be treated...

Never relent in doing good deeds..

always help if you can

do not steal,cheat, bully, oppress, or mock those beneath you. Respect those above you.

This is my religion

This is my creed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Part Of The Bible Where Man Was Smarter Than God by Martinez19(m): 8:35am On Jul 22, 2018
Lol. You have shaken tables.
Re: Part Of The Bible Where Man Was Smarter Than God by kazyhm(m): 8:47am On Jul 22, 2018
Oh! this book again ?
Re: Part Of The Bible Where Man Was Smarter Than God by Topmaike007(m): 8:50am On Jul 22, 2018
we can never be smarter than God,instead we should give God genuine reason why he has to change his mind, if he want to take action..

Hezekiah did it and he got free 15 years in advance.
Samson did it and he got his power back.

Abraham did it and he saved his nephew Lot,not that Lot merit been alive because he chose Sodom and Gomorrah for his greediness..

and lot more....

happy sunday.

1 Like

Re: Part Of The Bible Where Man Was Smarter Than God by Mekanus(m): 8:56am On Jul 22, 2018
Humans will always be smarter than God.
Re: Part Of The Bible Where Man Was Smarter Than God by chemystery: 9:08am On Jul 22, 2018
Topmaike007:
we can never be smarter than God,instead we should give God genuine reason why he has to change his mind, if he want to take action..

Abraham did it and he saved his nephew Lot,not that Lot merit been alive because he chose Sodom and Gomorrah for his greediness..

and lot more....

happy sunday.
And giving god reasons to change his mind implies god couldn't figure it out on his own. Hahahahaha.
Stop making silly excuses for god

1 Like

Re: Part Of The Bible Where Man Was Smarter Than God by oyolohi: 9:08am On Jul 22, 2018
Topmaike007:

and lot more....

happy sunday.

Thanks man. Now I know I'll be able to convince God not to take me to hell. How? Just as moses said "do you want the egyptians to say you brought them out to destroy them?", on judgement day I'll say "Do you want the adversary to say you created them to send them to doom?". That should do it grin

3 Likes

Re: Part Of The Bible Where Man Was Smarter Than God by enilove(m): 9:09am On Jul 22, 2018
Op , you lack spiritual knowledge.

There is no decision that God takes that would amount to imperfections.

The fact that God listened to the plea of Moses does not mean it was the best decision.
God can bring out good from evil and what seems right in our own sight might not be right before God.

God destroyed the world b4 during the time of Noah . If he had destroyed the Israelites and left Moses alone , maybe the Israelites would have been better people than what they are now.

In addition , it was these people he pleaded for that provoked Moses and hindered him from entering the PROMISED LAND.
Re: Part Of The Bible Where Man Was Smarter Than God by sonmvayina(m): 9:13am On Jul 22, 2018
Igbos:
just treat others the way you'd want to be treated...

Never relent in doing good deeds..

always help if you can

do not steal,cheat, bully, oppress, or mock those beneath you. Respect those above you.

This is my religion

This is my creed

And the best there is... Thanks, I love you already
Re: Part Of The Bible Where Man Was Smarter Than God by chemystery: 9:14am On Jul 22, 2018
enilove:

The fact that God listened to the plea of Moses does not mean it was the best decision.
God can bring out good from evil and what seems right in our own sight might not be right before God.

God destroyed the world b4 during the time of Noah . If he had destroyed the Israelites and left Moses alone , maybe the Israelites would have been better people than what they are now.

Hahahahahaha! And the spiritual knowledge is that god dumped his own perfect decision for an imperfect one. grin

1 Like

Re: Part Of The Bible Where Man Was Smarter Than God by jamael(m): 9:28am On Jul 22, 2018
This thread is filled with very funny wannabe philosophers cum atheists. Just see grin

chemystery:

Hahahahahaha! And the spiritual knowledge is that god dumped his own perfect decision for an imperfect one. grin

oyolohi:

Thanks man. Now I know I'll be able to convince God not to take me to hell. How? Just as moses said "do you want the egyptians to say you brought them out to destroy them?", on judgement day I'll say "Do you want the adversary to say you created them to send them to doom?". That should do it grin

Mekanus:
Humans will always be smarter than God.

Re: Part Of The Bible Where Man Was Smarter Than God by unicmarket: 9:36am On Jul 22, 2018
enilove:

I support u jare!!!
Now watch oga writer of the thread, I like that you are critical and observant, but only that you are one sided in your judgment, if truly you analysed critically that scripture and more in the book of exodus, you will find that the decision of Moses was actually the one we should be skeptical about, There is what is called the Will of God and also the Permissive will of God, when God says something and you bargain, and He allows it, most times it’s is permissive will. Such as the story of the young and Old prophet whom God had earlier told not to eat anything in the land where he was sent to, the old prophet came and decisived him, and the young prophet went back to God and God agreed, he did eat and as he was going the Lion met him on the way and tor him in pieces.

So what? The children of Israel had a very bad mentality of unbelief and a stony heart, so for every request, they will complain to get water and food, they saw Gods mighty act and war effectiveness of Yahweh, but they said no, they wanted a god, this was and is really an unthinkable thing for the jealous God to take or bare, even you don’t you see it’s unreasonable?, why because
1. They where deep in unbelief
2. They forgot the wonders God did
3. They had no thanksgiving

And many more

This persons in charge of this where actually the older ones, whom God didnt allow to get into the promise land,that was the purpose of God letting them took for 40 years so that the older and unbelieving ones die and the younger ones are more malleable, but you know God did this in response to Moses prayer so they don’t die at once, but with time this virus robbed on the Children as they journeyed.

If God had taken His own counsel then Moses children are still the children of Abraham, and that’s not a break in covenant.

Another thing is that Moses was careful of WHAT PEOPLE WILL SAY, and certainly God doesn’t care about that, he had to answer the prayer of the servant anyway,

And bros Moses plea was not a smart test, it was prayer.

I hope you watch out on your research and don’t end up like the Children of Israel of old,

God is perfect.

If you say he isn’t, probably in your own world

God bless the Nairaland
Re: Part Of The Bible Where Man Was Smarter Than God by Topmaike007(m): 9:42am On Jul 22, 2018
chemystery:

And giving god reasons to change his mind implies god couldn't figure it out on his own. Hahahahaha.
Stop making silly excuses for god
for the fact that God is merciful,when you tender a good reason before him he will change his mind, let's take the case of Hezekiah for instance, he was meant to die that day, but because of the good work he has done, and the one he is currently doing he was able to convince God not to take his life. and Isaiah the prophet was still at the palace premises when God told him to tell Hezekiah that he has added more 15 yrs to his years on earth..

sir I refuse to agree with you

1 Like

Re: Part Of The Bible Where Man Was Smarter Than God by Topmaike007(m): 9:45am On Jul 22, 2018
chemystery:

my people perish cos of lack of wisdom..you lack it..
Re: Part Of The Bible Where Man Was Smarter Than God by enilove(m): 9:52am On Jul 22, 2018
chemystery:

The spiritual knowledge is that God can decide to forgive and manage a disobedient person and can also decide not to forgive but replace the disobedience man.

1 Like

Re: Part Of The Bible Where Man Was Smarter Than God by chemystery: 10:21am On Jul 22, 2018
Topmaike007:
for the fact that God is merciful,when you tender a good reason before him he will change his mind, let's take the case of Hezekiah for instance, he was meant to die that day, but because of the good work he has done, and the one he is currently doing he was able to convince God not to take his life. and Isaiah the prophet was still at the palace premises when God told him to tell Hezekiah that he has added more 15 yrs to his years on earth..

sir I refuse to agree with you
You're just being verbose about all I said. You have to give god good reasons to change his mind and show mercy on you. How come he doesn't know those reasons until you bring it to his knowledge?
Re: Part Of The Bible Where Man Was Smarter Than God by Shelumiel: 10:25am On Jul 22, 2018
Let us assume that God renegade on His promise to the children of Israel, and made Moses and his descendants a great and mighty nation , would that not still be in line with the initial promise He made to Abraham?
Re: Part Of The Bible Where Man Was Smarter Than God by chemystery: 10:25am On Jul 22, 2018
enilove:

The spiritual knowledge is that God can decide to forgive and manage a disobedient person and can also decide not to forgive but replace the disobedience man.

No, i'm only interested about the spiritual knowledge of god dumping his perfect decision for an imperfect one. That's what you said in your first post.
Re: Part Of The Bible Where Man Was Smarter Than God by Topmaike007(m): 11:14am On Jul 22, 2018
chemystery:

You're just being verbose about all I said. You have to give god good reasons to change his mind and show mercy on you. How come he doesn't know those reasons until you bring it to his knowledge?
okay oo
Re: Part Of The Bible Where Man Was Smarter Than God by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 22, 2018
[s]
badthinds:
First of all, I want to wish every one a happy sunday.

Now, straight to the matter.

When ever I tell those around me the bible has pages that proved humans to be smarter than God or parts of the bible that totally ridiculed God's intelligence, they never believe even with backup from the verses.

Let me walk us through one book from my research. Call this "The Golden Calf".
For the purpose of this article, any bible version will do.

THE GOLDEN CALF

(Author: Patrick, Abah. Twitter.com/patabah)

Remember when God saved the Israelites from the Egyptians?

Everything went smoothly until they made a Calf god.

God saw this and was angered:
[ Exodus 32:7-8
[big]7[/big] And the LORD said to Moses, "Go down, for your people, whom you brought up out of the land of Egypt, have corrupted themselves.
[big]8[/big] They have turned aside quickly out of the way that I commanded them. They have made for themselves a golden calf and have worshiped it and sacrificed to it and said, ‘These are your gods, O Israel, who brought you up out of the land of Egypt!’"]

Jehovah went on to say to moses:
[ Exodus 32:10
[big]10[/big] Now therefore let me alone, that my wrath may burn hot against them and I may consume them, in order that I may make a great nation of you.” ]

Now the intellectual challenge:
Moses, at this point began to think of the implications of what God had want to do.

Moses suggested:
[ Exodus 32:11
[big]11[/big] But Moses implored the LORD his God and said, “O LORD, why does your wrath burn hot against your people, whom you have brought out of the land of Egypt with great power and with a mighty hand?
[big]12[/big] Why should the Egyptians say, ‘With evil intent did he bring them out, to kill them in the mountains and to consume them from the face of the earth’? Turn from your burning anger and relent from this disaster against your people.

Now, God apparently forgot his promise but thankfully, Moses reminded him:
[ Exodus 32:13
[big]13[/big] Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, your servants, to whom you swore by your own self, and said to them, ‘I will multiply your offspring as the stars of heaven, and all this land that I have promised I will give to your offspring, and they shall inherit it forever.’ ” ]

Hmm, what happened next?

The New World Translation of the Bible has it in
[ Exodus 32:14 as
[big]14[/big] So Jehovah began to reconsider the calamity that he had spoken of bringing on his people. ]

I hope my article has given clear evidence from the Bible to support my claims of the Bible suggesting the IMPERFECTION of God.

MORAL LESSONS

Some times, you make certain choices that you later regret or say things before thinking/reconsidering. The effect that remorse has on individuals varies. Take is easy on yourself. If you're a religious person, it may be comforting to know, now (even though this may have the 'Black Swan' effect on your believes) that even a supernatural being as all-knowing as God can/is imperfect.

( grin CHAI, I'm just feeling like a Philosopher right now grin )

In sum: carry on jeje with life life. Every day we make choices, some turn out to be bad mistakes, try to correct the correctable mistakes and try to avoid the permanent mistakes next time.

I hope I've contributed something tangible to your life this sunday. Once again, happy sunday.

Offering time... Blessing time! grin
There is an instagram handle called @WordFunFacts, donate your follows there if the content (we simply play with words there, some funny) interests you (I bet it will). grin

For the last time in this article, Happy Sunday my pipu.

Sincerely, badthinds.
[/s]
If you believe that the Bible is written out of God's inspiration (real God), then you can believe anything.
A collection of stories from different people (influencial, crazy, drunkards, thieves, murderers etc).

Re: Part Of The Bible Where Man Was Smarter Than God by rottennaija(m): 11:54am On Jul 22, 2018
enilove:

In addition , it was these people he pleaded for that provoked Moses and hindered him from entering the PROMISED LAND.

So Moses goodness towards the people turned bad for him years later? How ironic.
Re: Part Of The Bible Where Man Was Smarter Than God by oyolohi: 12:07pm On Jul 22, 2018
1stolax:
[s][/s]
If you believe that the Bible is written out of God's inspiration (real God), then you can believe anything.
A collection of stories from different people (influencial, crazy, drunkards, thieves, murderers etc).
Lol. Guy, slow down... Most of the bible books are just historical without any divine inspiration. Just a few books eg Revelation in the New testament claims to be inspired... We were talking about Exodus.

Then, that your meme, its not the bible that made us keep on with slavery, its our selfish interest. We simple ate the meat and rub the stew on the dog's mouth.
Re: Part Of The Bible Where Man Was Smarter Than God by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jul 22, 2018
oyolohi:

Lol. Guy, slow down... Most of the bible books are just historical without any divine inspiration. Just a few books eg Revelation in the New testament claims to be inspired... We were talking about Exodus.

Then, that your meme, its not the bible that made us keep on with slavery, its our selfish interest. We simple ate the meat and rub the stew on the dog's mouth.
Oh really?

Re: Part Of The Bible Where Man Was Smarter Than God by enilove(m): 1:19pm On Jul 22, 2018
rottennaija:

So Moses goodness towards the people turned bad for him years later? How ironic.

Exactly . The complain of God against the Israelite was that they were stubborn people , that is stiff- necked people.

Exodus 32:9 KJV
And the Lord said unto Moses, I have seen this people, and, behold, it is a stiffnecked people:

The same thing they did against Moses which made him to get angry and disobeyed the Lord :

Numbers 20:10-12 KJV
And Moses and Aaron gathered the congregation together before the rock, and he said unto them, Hear now, ye REBELS; must we fetch you water out of this rock?
[11] And Moses lifted up his hand, and with his rod he smote the rock twice: and the water came out abundantly, and the congregation drank, and their beasts also .
[12] And the Lord spake unto Moses and Aaron, Because ye believed me not, to sanctify me in the eyes of the children of Israel, therefore ye shall not bring this congregation into the land which I have given them.

(1) (Reply)

Who Am I? What Does My Lucid Dreams Mean? / The Meaning Of PHD According To Christ Jesus. Please Read / Feminism Is Evil! By David J. Stewart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.