Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,407 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Ibrahim Coomassie: Igbo And Yoruba Can’t Determine 2019 Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibrahim Coomassie: Igbo And Yoruba Can’t Determine 2019 Elections (16782 Views)

BREAKING: Ex-igp Ibrahim Coomassie Dies At 76 / FFK And Wife, Precious Arrive Enugu For Igbo And Yoruba Summit / Ex-igp, Ibrahim Coomassie, Escapes Assassination Attempt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibrahim Coomassie: Igbo And Yoruba Can’t Determine 2019 Elections by djevino(m): 10:36pm On Mar 05, 2017
We’re more than ready –Ohanaeze

Era of feudal arrogance over –Afenifere

The Arewa Consultative Forum has said that despite the current alliance of Ohanaeze, Afenifere and Ijaw leaders over emerging political issues ahead of the 2019 elections, none of the socio-cultural groups will determine who emerges the next President of the country.

Speaking with Sunday Telegraph, Chairman of the Forum and former Inspector-General of Police, Alhaji Ibrahim Coomassie, said much as there is nothing wrong or unusual about the current alliances and fence-mending among prominent groups, the election will be determined by the people.

“Wait till 2019 elections. I can tell you that these groups will not determine the direction of the elections in 2019. Rather, the only people who will determine it are the electorate. They are the people who will make the choice and go to the polls to cast their votes,’ he said.

The leaderships of Afenifere, Ohanaeze and the South-South including first Republic Information Minster, Chief E. K. Clark, have held series of meetings since the emergence of Dr. John Nwodo as President-General of Ohanaeze, in a move to enable the South to speak with one voice on topical political issues in the country. Before going into a closed door meeting Thursday, leaders of the South-South and South-East geo-political zones had called for restructuring of Nigeria to make all citizens of the country equal partners and partakers.

They said the situation where some people are reduced to second class citizens was not good for harmonious co-existence, unity and development of the country. The South-South leaders and Ohanaeze insisted on restructuring of the country, adding that a synergy among the nationality group was critical to the political and economic development of the country, especially as it affects 2019 election and beyond.

But reacting to the ACF’s leader’s statement, an Ohanaeze chieftain and former governor of old Anambra State, Dr. Chwukwuemeka Ezeife, said much as the Igbos need the support and cooperation of all ethnic and professional groups to produce the next President of Nigeria, the statement reflected the psychosis of some northern leaders who see rulership of Nigeria as their birthright. Ezeife, who attended one of such meetings with other leaders drawn from the 11 states of both zones including former Foreign Affairs Minister, Major. General Nwachukwu (rtd); Alobo Tonye-Douglas; Senator Ewa Henshew; Prof. Chigozie Ogbu, Olorogun Kenneth Gbagi; Chief Guy Ikokwu; Prof. G.G. Sarah; Dr. Steve Oru; Chief Albert Horsfall; Mr. Nduka Obaigbena and Uche Okwukwu at the residence of Chief Clark in Lagos, Thursday evening, said it was not unusual such statement came from Coomassie.

“Such statements reflect the psychosis of superiority; they believe that Nigeria depends on them and they make all the decisions on issues that affect Nigeria. They have continued with that mentality, but they should remember that God created all of us equal with the capacity to aspire and we all have the rights on the basis of equity. “God did not create Fulani and make them superior to other people in Nigeria. Do not mind the Jihad they fought and took over the kingdoms of Hausa land.

We are all waiting for 2019 and then we will see who laughs last. “We need their cooperation, we must say that. The Igbos in the South-East need the cooperation of the North-East and North-West to produce the President of Nigeria to liberate the country.

But we must avoid statements that point towards arrogance,” Eziefe said. Similarly, Afenifere has taken a swipe at the ACF position, urging Coomassie in particular to wake up and smell the coffee because the era of ‘feudal arrogance, where his section of the country delude itself of owing the country is over. Afenifere Spokesman, Yinka Odumakin, who said this, added that such statement smacks of a mentality that is not only anti-progress and insensitive to the needs of other sections of the country, but also negates the feelings canvassed by other sections of the country which are vital for success. “He is deluding himself by giving the impression that his corner of the country owns Nigeria.

That is the deception of the century. All that is required is for all other nationalities to be united in speaking with one voice about the need to restructure the country, because there lies our development.

“We must promote equity and fair play and we cannot go on as usual and expect different result. This was the same Coomassie, who, as the Inspector-General of Police, detained some of us under Gen. Sani Abacha. Not too long ago, during the tenure of Goodluck Jonathan, he even made case for Boko Haram, stating that they were protecting his section of the country. We all know better today. He should wake up and smell the coffee,” he said

http://newtelegraphonline.com/news/igbo-yoruba-cant-determine-2019-elections-acf/

Alhaji Ibrahim Coomassie

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Coomassie: Igbo And Yoruba Can’t Determine 2019 Elections by thesicilian: 10:39pm On Mar 05, 2017
joke of the year
Re: Ibrahim Coomassie: Igbo And Yoruba Can’t Determine 2019 Elections by TheFreeOne: 10:44pm On Mar 05, 2017
He is deluding himself, by giving the impression
that his corner of the country owns Nigeria.
That is the deception of the century. All that is
required is for all other nationalities to be
united in speaking with one voice about the need to restructure the country, because there lies our development.”

There lies the unclad truth.

We either take it or keep going on a merry go round that leads nowhere than a precipice of eventual disintegration.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Coomassie: Igbo And Yoruba Can’t Determine 2019 Elections by Nobody: 10:52pm On Mar 05, 2017
Watch as Afonjas will blame Igbos even when Yoruba is clearly mentioned!

59 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Coomassie: Igbo And Yoruba Can’t Determine 2019 Elections by sarrki(m): 10:54pm On Mar 05, 2017
Hand work of mischief makers
Re: Ibrahim Coomassie: Igbo And Yoruba Can’t Determine 2019 Elections by DrDeji20(m): 11:00pm On Mar 05, 2017
As for my people (the Yoruba’s), they take the lead from the back…as a matter of fact, they actually constitute one of the major problems in addressing the many injustices visited by the “State” on the people. They are the principal supporters of the caliphate and the miasma entrenching the fraudulent system, content to take the crumbs from the centre, they have always been used, Awolowo, Abiola, Diya, Tinubu and our dear Professor who is still organizing town meetings.

I do not know the problem of the Igbos, neither do I know that of the Fulani’s, or the Ijaws and the over 200 ethnic tribes lumped together by the British. I can only try to be part of my region and join forces with those who think like me to advance the cause of my region. I do not want to waste my efforts on Nigeria because I know that Nigeria, as presently constituted, is fraudulent and cannot deliver on protecting lives and property of its citizenry which is the most elementary and primary deliverable for any structure.

86 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Coomassie: Igbo And Yoruba Can’t Determine 2019 Elections by DozieInc(m): 11:04pm On Mar 05, 2017
If the South should be united then restructure of Nigeria will happen.

17 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Coomassie: Igbo And Yoruba Can’t Determine 2019 Elections by mekuso89(m): 11:20pm On Mar 05, 2017
Ndi nzuzu

5 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Coomassie: Igbo And Yoruba Can’t Determine 2019 Elections by otitokoroleti: 11:47pm On Mar 05, 2017
Innovator90:

Confused Afonjas. They go to Nnmdi Kanu threads to call for his death and hanging, insult GEJ and then come here and say South should be united? If you were near me, I 'll inflict more harm on thAt your already tribal mutilated face. SMH
ONE OF BMC SPOTTED!!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Coomassie: Igbo And Yoruba Can’t Determine 2019 Elections by kolado(m): 11:52pm On Mar 05, 2017
Nonsense talk

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Coomassie: Igbo And Yoruba Can’t Determine 2019 Elections by tollyboy5(m): 12:06am On Mar 06, 2017
Innovator90:

Confused Afonjas. They go to Nnmdi Kanu threads to call for his death and hanging, insult GEJ and then come here and say South should be united? If you were near me, I 'll inflict more harm on thAt your already tribal mutilated face. SMH
Guy chill you have nothing to gain when you oppose afonjas you'll just lose like your ancestors better you follow as we lead

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Coomassie: Igbo And Yoruba Can’t Determine 2019 Elections by Dickson080(m): 12:10am On Mar 06, 2017
That man is a comedian

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Coomassie: Igbo And Yoruba Can’t Determine 2019 Elections by serverconnect(m): 12:48am On Mar 06, 2017
Notherner and politics is like PMB and quruption.

2 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Coomassie: Igbo And Yoruba Can’t Determine 2019 Elections by nonsobaba: 12:55am On Mar 06, 2017
Northerners and their born-to-rule mentality!

Any Igbo man supporting APC needs to have his head examined by a psychiatrist.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Coomassie: Igbo And Yoruba Can’t Determine 2019 Elections by AkinPhysicist: 1:21am On Mar 06, 2017
cool
Re: Ibrahim Coomassie: Igbo And Yoruba Can’t Determine 2019 Elections by disumusa: 4:57am On Mar 06, 2017
DozieInc:
If the South should be united then restructure of Nigeria will happen.
Igbo always looking for way to create affiliates with Yoruba's and Yoruba are not interested in good or bad of ibos

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Coomassie: Igbo And Yoruba Can’t Determine 2019 Elections by ImperialYoruba: 5:05am On Mar 06, 2017
Innovator90:

We are not yanminrins. When Fulani talk to us we face them direct and give a precise response. Unlike Ibo that will start looking for support from SS and begin to issue ultimatums.

Beside, Coomassie said the electorate will decide. Isnt that how it has been so far,who else has been deciding?

Therw is nothing new in ACF threats, it is the usual every election cycle. They are afraid of Tinubu. Thats the truth!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Coomassie: Igbo And Yoruba Can’t Determine 2019 Elections by ImperialYoruba: 5:07am On Mar 06, 2017
disumusa:
Igbo always looking for way to create affiliates with Yoruba's and Yoruba are not interested in good or bad of ibos

Exactly! They are cowards when Fulani shout they begin to wet their pants and turn to SS and West for backing.

5 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Coomassie: Igbo And Yoruba Can’t Determine 2019 Elections by ImperialYoruba: 5:11am On Mar 06, 2017
DrDeji20:
As for my people (the Yoruba’s), they take the lead from the back…as a matter of fact, they actually constitute one of the major problems in addressing the many injustices visited by the “State” on the people. They are the principal supporters of the caliphate and the miasma entrenching the fraudulent system, content to take the crumbs from the centre, they have always been used, Awolowo, Abiola, Diya, Tinubu and our dear Professor who is still organizing town meetings.

I do not know the problem of the Igbos, neither do I know that of the Fulani’s, or the Ijaws and the over 200 ethnic tribes lumped together by the British. I can only try to be part of my region and join forces with those who think like me to advance the cause of my region. I do not want to waste my efforts on Nigeria because I know that Nigeria, as presently constituted, is fraudulent and cannot deliver on protecting lives and property of its citizenry which is the most elementary and primary deliverable for any structure.

You can fool your fellow yanminrins, you cant foolus in Yorubaland.

Speak for your brethren in alaibo.

13 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Coomassie: Igbo And Yoruba Can’t Determine 2019 Elections by shukuokukobambi: 5:19am On Mar 06, 2017
Innovator90:

Common sense you this OSU doesn't have. I'm sure you're also blaming afonja for your inability to impregnate your partner. Is reasonability alien to your lineage? angry

Ohaneze condemned it. Afenifere condemned it yet your inferiority complex must point in Yoruba direction. Were you born to always grovel? angry

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Coomassie: Igbo And Yoruba Can’t Determine 2019 Elections by shukuokukobambi: 5:23am On Mar 06, 2017
DrDeji20:
[s]As for my people (the Yoruba’s), they take the lead from the back…as a matter of fact, they actually constitute one of the major problems in addressing the many injustices visited by the “State” on the people. They are the principal supporters of the caliphate and the miasma entrenching the fraudulent system, content to take the crumbs from the centre, they have always been used, Awolowo, Abiola, Diya, Tinubu and our dear Professor who is still organizing town meetings.

I do not know the problem of the Igbos, neither do I know that of the Fulani’s, or the Ijaws and the over 200 ethnic tribes lumped together by the British. I can only try to be part of my region and join forces with those who think like me to advance the cause of my region. I do not want to waste my efforts on Nigeria because I know that Nigeria, as presently constituted, is fraudulent and cannot deliver on protecting lives and property of its citizenry which is the most elementary and primary deliverable for any structure.[/s]

See another spineless OSU too ashamed to be identified with his erosion ravaged enclave. cheesy cheesy

Do they sell low self esteem in your region or is it forced on you at birth? cheesy

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Coomassie: Igbo And Yoruba Can’t Determine 2019 Elections by babyfaceafrica: 5:24am On Mar 06, 2017
Is that all he said?...noted!!!
Re: Ibrahim Coomassie: Igbo And Yoruba Can’t Determine 2019 Elections by HiddenShadow: 6:46am On Mar 06, 2017
Innovator90:

You are right

7 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Coomassie: Igbo And Yoruba Can’t Determine 2019 Elections by DozieInc(m): 7:22am On Mar 06, 2017
disumusa:

18 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Coomassie: Igbo And Yoruba Can’t Determine 2019 Elections by ipobbigot7: 7:40am On Mar 06, 2017
Re: Ibrahim Coomassie: Igbo And Yoruba Can’t Determine 2019 Elections by malton: 8:04am On Mar 06, 2017
I don't understand how the Yoruba people have taken center stage here.

Why is it that the Yoruba man is always the problem to you people?

From all I know, the Yoruba man is a reasonable man. His action/inaction is informed by reason.

He will not go to war just because you want him to, nor will he make peace because you desire harmony. He's not moved by what you say about him, good or bad because he believes in a just cause. He was raised to believe in what's right.

A lot of y'all hate for the average northerner is ill-founded. Yet you expect a reasonable person to join you in the hating game, are you okay?

You guys hate the Yoruba's because most of them are unlike you frustrated, bile-filled bigots.

@ topic, this could be true or untrue; the average core northerner is capable of saying shit like this. Over the years, I've learnt to look past what they say because most of them cannot think beyond blood, politics and religion.

Stupid people living amongst us no be new thing.

12 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Coomassie: Igbo And Yoruba Can’t Determine 2019 Elections by Tazdroid(m): 8:48am On Mar 06, 2017
Tales of a nation

When you say "never again", it means the action kicked against stops immediately. But Prof is Acting and has been acting well so make errbodi jejely support am so that (to borrow the Trump line) "we can make Nigeria great again"
Re: Ibrahim Coomassie: Igbo And Yoruba Can’t Determine 2019 Elections by DrDeji20(m): 8:55am On Mar 06, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

See another spineless OSU too ashamed to be identified with his erosion ravaged enclave. cheesy cheesy

Do they sell low self esteem in your region or is it forced on you at birth? cheesy

childish..

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Coomassie: Igbo And Yoruba Can’t Determine 2019 Elections by seunlly(m): 8:58am On Mar 06, 2017
Yoruba will rule soon

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Coomassie: Igbo And Yoruba Can’t Determine 2019 Elections by tobtap: 9:25am On Mar 06, 2017
cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Workers Groan As States Cut Salaries Amid Inflation / Nigeria Loses Billions Of Naira As Customs E-auction Platform Collapses / Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.