Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Mass Sacking Looms At Oceanic Bank - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Mass Sacking Looms At Oceanic Bank (8377 Views)

Ecobank Commences Mass Sack Of Oceanic Bank Staff / Oceanic Bank Denies Sacking 1,200 More Workers, Slashes Salaries By 30% - Latest News / Oceanic Bank Sack Over 1500 Staffs In 30days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mass Sacking Looms At Oceanic Bank by bob2039: 3:05pm On Dec 19, 2009
it all oceanic people tends to look at, just yesterday(18/12/2009) inter continental sacked over additional 1500 staff, uba sacked over 2000 staffs , last month diamond sack over 1000 staff and zenith sacked 2 weeks ago and no official figure yet, and the are lining up new list, it all oceanic that ppl see and tawk abt, i still cant figure out why, it not just a ngr problem it a world problem, banks in uk,us etc has all retrench workers, if sanusi has come into the scene by being political that doen not mean that it was all fraud fraud fraud that is the cause of all these , melt down itself has being a major factor, for ur information no ngr bank is a safe heaven at the moment even first bank, am telling u all these as an insider, so let remove oceanic cos even oceanic as we speak has not done any major salary review or sack as other banks has done even those being cleared by sanusi audit. as a major topic let it be mass sacking in nigeria banks, thanks
Re: Mass Sacking Looms At Oceanic Bank by NVME1: 7:46pm On Dec 19, 2009
bob2039:

it all oceanic people tends to look at, just yesterday(18/12/2009) inter continental sacked over additional 1500 staff, uba sacked over 2000 staffs , last month diamond sack over 1000 staff and zenith sacked 2 weeks ago and no official figure yet, and the are lining up new list, it all oceanic that ppl see and tawk abt, i still cant figure out why, it not just a ngr problem it a world problem, banks in uk,us etc has all retrench workers, if sanusi has come into the scene by being political that doen not mean that it was all fraud fraud fraud that is the cause of all these , melt down itself has being a major factor, for your information no ngr bank is a safe heaven at the moment even first bank, am telling u all these as an insider, so let remove oceanic cos even oceanic as we speak has not done any major salary review or sack as other banks has done even those being cleared by sanusi audit. as a major topic let it be mass sacking in nigeria banks, thanks

where is the source to confirm that of diamond bank undecided
Re: Mass Sacking Looms At Oceanic Bank by kwekwe: 4:51am On Dec 20, 2009
the sacked staff, their conscience should have told them the truth. How can you be in a system that declare false profit to the public.
That alone should have informed them that one day, that a false system will eventually come to an end.
i am only sorry for some of the staff who did not prepare for the rainy day.
Re: Mass Sacking Looms At Oceanic Bank by oboms(m): 3:43pm On Dec 20, 2009
We should not blame Sanusi,he is just doing what is needed at this moment.If he doesnt do it now,it will get worse and the bad eggs will still remain.As for the bank laying off workers,its just part of the way to get things back on track.The performing workers will always remain.I pity the others.The way forward is to embrace Entreprenearship if you can.There is need for everyone to know there is no job security anywhere,and plan their future very well.Business is not for everyone,but my advise is for everyone to have a financial plan that will position us in case of any eventuality.
Re: Mass Sacking Looms At Oceanic Bank by bob2039: 7:22am On Dec 21, 2009
@ NV ME----u dont need any source i have friend lay off in benin so if u are still in the system just be prayful
Re: Mass Sacking Looms At Oceanic Bank by ayobase(m): 5:26pm On Dec 21, 2009
Not surprise!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Has Delay Or Waiting Been A Blessing Or A Curse To You? / Nut Writes El-rufai Over Sack Of 21,780 Teachers / Medical Consultant Salary VS Professor Salary: Proof Attached

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.