Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,405 members, 7,819,436 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

Why You Must Adhere To 100km/h Speed Limit! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why You Must Adhere To 100km/h Speed Limit! (1052 Views)

See The Speed Limit Approved For Cars/drivers On Road And Highways By LASG / See What It's Like To Be In The Driver's Seat Of A Train Travelling At 287 Km/h / Which Transport Company Has The Standard Speed Limit While Travelling? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Must Adhere To 100km/h Speed Limit! by Emusan(m): 11:50pm On Mar 05, 2017
When it comes to speed limit rules on highways, majority of people think it's a figure that the FRSC just wakes up one day and decided to chose just to reduce overspeeding on the roads. Nigeria as a case study has been using highway speed limit of 100Km/h for years now.

In fact some people think our highway speed limit has a lot to do with the road surface or our road surface is one of the factor that 100Km/h speed limit is suggested. Meanwhile, it is a pure misconception.

The truth is, in road design, there is what we call PROFILES design/Vertical Alignment. At the stage of generating your profile, there is a space where the SPEED LIMIT of the road is specified at various chainage especially where vertical curve: Sag or Crest occurs for the Finished Ground. Which means, the highway speed limit is part of the road design.

In short, most Nigeria highways were designed based on 100Km/h speed limit. So, if you're a type who drives and think your car is in good conditions to speed above 100Km/h, note that you're not just risking your life but you're also going against the design protocol of the road itself.

Just as your car was designed to run on petrol and you dare not try to put kerosene to avoid damages, so also the road itself was designed with 100km/h and don't dare to go beyond to avoid lost of life and car damages.

Re: Why You Must Adhere To 100km/h Speed Limit! by ken19: 12:56am On Mar 06, 2017
h
Re: Why You Must Adhere To 100km/h Speed Limit! by Nobody: 2:24am On Mar 06, 2017
I see shocked
Re: Why You Must Adhere To 100km/h Speed Limit! by Emusan(m): 7:50am On Mar 06, 2017
MasterRahl:
I see shocked
That is it my brother

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Many States Have You Travelled To In Nigeria? / Which Of The Countries Can I Go And Base And Start A New Thing / The 10 Most Dangerous Airports In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.