Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,290 members, 7,839,433 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

Oluropo Ogunwusi Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today (Photos) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oluropo Ogunwusi Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today (Photos) (30539 Views)

Silekunola Naomi Ogunwusi Celebrates 7th Year Of En-Heralds Ministry / Ooni Adeyeye Ogunwusi Celebrates His Birthday At His Palace In Ile-ife / Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Celebrates Goddess Of Love Osun Without Wife Olori Wuraola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oluropo Ogunwusi Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today (Photos) by maxiuc(m): 11:53am On Mar 06, 2017
Am not an afonja but I really love this man.

Long live Ooni of IFE

wat an afonja can never do to admire anything IGBO
Re: Oluropo Ogunwusi Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today (Photos) by Awoo88: 11:53am On Mar 06, 2017
rodrirodri:
Their tradition their business... you don't understand.. swerve........
Their tradition don't allow a son to greet his dad while standing. And you can not approach a kabiyesi in his palaces and address him without first prostrating. Is there sense in this present situation of a father having his son as King

1 Like

Re: Oluropo Ogunwusi Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today (Photos) by MXrep: 11:54am On Mar 06, 2017
Cultures differ sha, but in Igboland, you can not ascend the throne if your father is alive
Re: Oluropo Ogunwusi Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today (Photos) by arazanbal: 11:54am On Mar 06, 2017
JIGHU:
A TRUE MONARCHY IS HEREDITARY AND NOT THIS LOTTERY YOU FOLKS PRACTICE IN IFE....JUST KEEP THIS CHIEF PRIEST STOOL TO YOURSELF AND STOP DEGRADING MONARCHY WORLDWIDE, HOW CAN THE FATHER OF A KING NOT BE A KING? LOL

me i tire 4 dm o.oba stool wy dm dy do election put by voting.and still dm go dy compare am with the oba of bini,oba ewere ii.d ogidigan of bini kingdom,chia ife pple nor b oba una get o.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluropo Ogunwusi Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today (Photos) by bedspread: 11:54am On Mar 06, 2017
mackmanuel:
HBD

Meanwhile

A BIG LIER INDEED
Re: Oluropo Ogunwusi Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today (Photos) by bishopkay: 11:56am On Mar 06, 2017
Please one learns everyday and I'm kinda confused about this development. A man is king when his father is still alive?
Please can the Omoluabis who are well versed in the tradition kindly explain how it works over there. BTW I've got great regards for the throne of the Ooni of Ife so detractors kindly back off
Re: Oluropo Ogunwusi Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today (Photos) by Kobicove(m): 11:58am On Mar 06, 2017
I wonder if his father is expected to bow before the Ooni when he goes to visit him at the palace? undecided
Re: Oluropo Ogunwusi Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today (Photos) by tusinsola(f): 12:05pm On Mar 06, 2017
bishopkay:
Please one learns everyday and I'm kinda confused about this development. A man is king when his father is still alive?
Please can the Omoluabis who are well versed in the tradition kindly explain how it works over there. BTW I've got great regards for the throne of the Ooni of Ife so detractors kindly back off
The king"s father was appointed to ascend d throne but he decided to pick his son in his stead. Hope is clear .

1 Like

Re: Oluropo Ogunwusi Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today (Photos) by Burgerlomo: 12:08pm On Mar 06, 2017
Mopolchi:
It's my birthday too! Show some love, folks!

HBD to both of you LLNP
Re: Oluropo Ogunwusi Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today (Photos) by Tedassie(m): 12:09pm On Mar 06, 2017
tusinsola:

The king"s father was appointed to ascend d throne but he decided to pick his son in his stead. Hope is clear .
hmmm
Re: Oluropo Ogunwusi Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today (Photos) by lemolemo: 12:10pm On Mar 06, 2017
deolu2000:
Why was the father not crowned as the king? Afteral the king isn't suppose to hv a father.
The father is smart. While i wish him long life, he is 75 and has fewer years to live. With the son a king, the family altogether has more years to enjoy all the sweet juice that comes with being a king. My other reason is the son has brighter chance with the field, remember families were asked to nominate contenders for the stool, the father may not have been selected if he was nominated.
Re: Oluropo Ogunwusi Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today (Photos) by Mopolchi: 12:17pm On Mar 06, 2017
Burgerlomo:

HBD to both of you LLNP
Thank you too Burgerlomo!
Re: Oluropo Ogunwusi Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today (Photos) by Jerryojozy(m): 12:17pm On Mar 06, 2017
Ife people we need clarification on this.

Genius J
Re: Oluropo Ogunwusi Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today (Photos) by Injiggerwolf(m): 12:24pm On Mar 06, 2017
Definitely, many would've be wondering... how could it be?

One can deduce that....apart from wise decision from the Afobajes (King Makers), the installation of the King is a reflection of what the bible said about God that "God is not a respecter of any man", .

So if the young Man has a ideal vision to make life better for the tribe, with his energy to make it fulfill, what are we waiting for?. ....against all Odds, in terms of age, and the common stereotypes, even wealth.

As long as, men are the king makers,....then the same men has the right to modify the law regarding the same....with many reasons
Re: Oluropo Ogunwusi Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today (Photos) by Injiggerwolf(m): 12:27pm On Mar 06, 2017
Injiggerwolf:

One can deduce that....apart from wise decision from the Afobajes (King Makers), the installation of the King is a reflection of what the bible said about God that "God is not a respecter of any man", .

So if the young Man has an ideal vision to make life better for the tribe, with his energy to make it fulfill, what are we waiting for?. ....against all Odds, in terms of age, and the common stereotypes, even wealth.

As long as, men are the king makers,....then the same men has the right to modify the law regarding the same....with many reasons
Re: Oluropo Ogunwusi Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today (Photos) by Nobody: 12:28pm On Mar 06, 2017
Useless tradition. That is why the Benin monarchy still remains number 1. How in the world can a kings father be alive and watch his son sit on the throne. This makes him a subject of his son. Will the father prostrate and bow whenever they see? I'm not understanding this useless corrupted tradition of Yoruba.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Oluropo Ogunwusi Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today (Photos) by AngelicBeing: 12:38pm On Mar 06, 2017
sad
Re: Oluropo Ogunwusi Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today (Photos) by ufuosman(m): 12:38pm On Mar 06, 2017
HBD SIR
Re: Oluropo Ogunwusi Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today (Photos) by stonemind(f): 12:39pm On Mar 06, 2017
nawaaa oo I am not understanding at all.. king father lols
Re: Oluropo Ogunwusi Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today (Photos) by fishbone11(m): 12:39pm On Mar 06, 2017
[quote author=jrexa post=54320285]I am not understanding this tradition[/quote
My thought as well, how can a king on throne still have a father? this can never happen in Edo & other southern states

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oluropo Ogunwusi Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today (Photos) by able20(m): 12:48pm On Mar 06, 2017
No wounder the current ooni dey always walker walker about.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oluropo Ogunwusi Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today (Photos) by able20(m): 12:50pm On Mar 06, 2017
[quote author=Alexkene post=54321797]Useless tradition. That is why the Benin monarchy still remains number 1. How in the world can a kings father be alive and watch his son sit on the throne. This makes him a subject of his son. Will the father prostrate and bow whenever they see? I'm not understanding this useless corrupted tradition of Yoruba.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oluropo Ogunwusi Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today (Photos) by Bekimbo(m): 12:51pm On Mar 06, 2017
Ooni's father? I don't understand

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oluropo Ogunwusi Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today (Photos) by oluwatymylehyn(m): 12:54pm On Mar 06, 2017
a rear gem indeed. happy birthday to him.

1 Like

Re: Oluropo Ogunwusi Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today (Photos) by BornStunner1: 12:54pm On Mar 06, 2017
Hahahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Useless Tradition
Re: Oluropo Ogunwusi Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today (Photos) by bishopkay: 1:01pm On Mar 06, 2017
tusinsola:

Hmmm...ayam not understanding Oooo but what can I say? lipsrsealed
Re: Oluropo Ogunwusi Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today (Photos) by livinbygrace: 1:11pm On Mar 06, 2017
Injiggerwolf:

So if the young Man has a ideal vision to make life better for the tribe, with his energy to make it fulfill, what are we waiting for?. ....against all Odds, in terms of age, and the common stereotypes, even wealth.

You have said nothing,pls Just answer the simple question.I am a Yoruba,but its confusing and vague.How can a son be made a king while the father is alive?
Re: Oluropo Ogunwusi Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today (Photos) by metorichmond(m): 1:20pm On Mar 06, 2017
!
Re: Oluropo Ogunwusi Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today (Photos) by Adebowale89(m): 1:22pm On Mar 06, 2017
sweetgala:

it's a bloody shame, in Yorualand a kings father can not be alive while is son sits on the throne

The system was corrupted because of greed of the king makers

are you a Yoruba? if you're not what do u then know about kingmaker of yoruba land?

waiting for ur answer
Re: Oluropo Ogunwusi Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today (Photos) by Adebowale89(m): 1:24pm On Mar 06, 2017
Handsomebeing:
Stupid tradition

isn't it better than enslaving a female child in your land? that's not only stupid but human exploitation and evil
Re: Oluropo Ogunwusi Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today (Photos) by tifany89(m): 1:32pm On Mar 06, 2017
Tumm:

Same here.
Dad is still alive and Son is ooni
What is Dad then?
Papa Oni lwkmd buhahahahahahahaha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluropo Ogunwusi Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today (Photos) by Nobody: 1:39pm On Mar 06, 2017
In Yoruba land, there are many ruling family house in a town, In Ife there are four namely giesi,lafogido,ogbooru and osinkola. The four houses are entitled to ascend the throne. After the death of an Ooni, all prince in the next ruling house are eligible to be the king. In this case. Ooni's father, brother and all other grown males are eligible. The father was not interested because he knew he had fewer years to live compared to his son. This will in turn help the Giesi ruling to be in authority for a long time. Ife kings are known to live long on the throne and most ascend the throne at a young age. Ooni Ogbooru used over 60years on the throne, Alayeluwa Oba Aderemi from akui quarters of osinkola used 50 years on the throne and Ooni Sijuwade from Olubuse quarters in Ogbooru compound used 35 years. Ife kingship is not the type passed from Father to son. The grand father of Ooni sijuwade, Oba Adelekan sijuwade was a king, The great great grand father of Ooni Adeyeye , Oba Ojaja orarigba was a king and so also his uncle Oba ologbenla. Monarchy in Ife never pass from father to son.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Olubadan, Lekan Balogun Dies At 81 / Ooni Ogunwusi At Howard University In Washington DC. Photos / ISESE DAY: Osun Worshippers Spotted Celebrating Festival In UK (pics/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.