Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,535 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Oluropo Ogunwusi Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today (Photos) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oluropo Ogunwusi Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today (Photos) (30529 Views)

Silekunola Naomi Ogunwusi Celebrates 7th Year Of En-Heralds Ministry / Ooni Adeyeye Ogunwusi Celebrates His Birthday At His Palace In Ile-ife / Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Celebrates Goddess Of Love Osun Without Wife Olori Wuraola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oluropo Ogunwusi Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today (Photos) by neocortex: 1:39pm On Mar 06, 2017
JIGHU:
A TRUE MONARCHY IS HEREDITARY AND NOT THIS LOTTERY YOU FOLKS PRACTICE IN IFE....JUST KEEP THIS CHIEF PRIEST STOOL TO YOURSELF AND STOP DEGRADING MONARCHY WORLDWIDE, HOW CAN THE FATHER OF A KING NOT BE A KING? LOL

While monarchy may be hereditary, being myopic is definitely hereditary!

Any smart person know that there are no hardcoded
rule for a monarchy, well I don't blame you, if you have
ever stepped out of your village, you would have known better.

2 Likes

Re: Oluropo Ogunwusi Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today (Photos) by deathmen12: 1:49pm On Mar 06, 2017
phemsie:
i don't understand something. how can u be a king when ur dad is still alive and ur dad was not made the king?
cos everything here in Nigeria is politics, even the gods in Nigeria play politics too.
Re: Oluropo Ogunwusi Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today (Photos) by prinzeepule(m): 2:01pm On Mar 06, 2017
Gracias
Mathano:
In Yoruba land, there are many ruling family house in a town, In Ife there are four namely giesi,lafogido,ogbooru and osinkola. The four houses are entitled to ascend the throne. After the death of an Ooni, all prince in the next ruling house are eligible to be the king. In this case. Ooni's father, brother and all other grown males are eligible. The father was not interested because he knew he had fewer years to live compared to his son. This will in turn help the Giesi ruling to be in authority for a long time. Ife kings are known to live long on the throne and most ascend the throne at a young age. Ooni Ogbooru used over 60years on the throne, Alayeluwa Oba Aderemi from akui quarters of osinkola used 50 years on the throne and Ooni Sijuwade from Olubuse quarters in Ogbooru compound used 35 years. Ife kingship is not the type passed from Father to son. The grand father of Ooni sijuwade, Oba Adelekan sijuwade was a king, The great great grand father of Ooni Adeyeye , Oba Ojaja orarigba was a king and so also his uncle Oba ologbenla. Monarchy in Ife never pass from father to son.

1 Like

Re: Oluropo Ogunwusi Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today (Photos) by Antoeni(m): 2:04pm On Mar 06, 2017
Hw can d father of a king not be a king, Ok tell me what will happen when d father on a gud when dry meet

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oluropo Ogunwusi Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today (Photos) by BornStunner1: 2:06pm On Mar 06, 2017
Mathano:
In Yoruba land, there are many ruling family house in a town, In Ife there are four namely giesi,lafogido,ogbooru and osinkola. The four houses are entitled to ascend the throne. After the death of an Ooni, all prince in the next ruling house are eligible to be the king. In this case. Ooni's father, brother and all other grown males are eligible. The father was not interested because he knew he had fewer years to live compared to his son. This will in turn help the Giesi ruling to be in authority for a long time. Ife kings are known to live long on the throne and most ascend the throne at a young age. Ooni Ogbooru used over 60years on the throne, Alayeluwa Oba Aderemi from akui quarters of osinkola used 50 years on the throne and Ooni Sijuwade from Olubuse quarters in Ogbooru compound used 35 years. Ife kingship is not the type passed from Father to son. The grand father of Ooni sijuwade, Oba Adelekan sijuwade was a king, The great great grand father of Ooni Adeyeye , Oba Ojaja orarigba was a king and so also his uncle Oba ologbenla. Monarchy in Ife never pass from father to son.

THIS IS WHY YOU YORUBAS SHOULD NEVER COMPARE ANY OF YOUR KING WITH THE OBA OF BENIN!!

EVER!!

ROYALTY IS NOT SOLD ON JUMIA!!

KINGS ARE BORN NOT MADE!!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oluropo Ogunwusi Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today (Photos) by Vic18: 2:07pm On Mar 06, 2017
Mopolchi:
It's my birthday too! Show some love, folks!
happy birthday
Re: Oluropo Ogunwusi Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today (Photos) by QuietHammer(m): 2:12pm On Mar 06, 2017
BornStunner1:

THIS IS WHY YOU YORUBAS SHOULD NEVER COMPARE ANY OF YOUR KING WITH THE OBA OF BENIN!!

EVER!!

ROYALTY IS NOT SOLD ON JUMIA!!

KINGS ARE BORN NOT MADE!!
Ooooohhhhh! Why must you make this a Yoruba-Benin thing? Enjoy your style of monarchy and leave others to theirs.

6 Likes

Re: Oluropo Ogunwusi Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today (Photos) by akokoniko: 2:21pm On Mar 06, 2017
phemsie:
i don't understand something. how can u be a king when ur dad is still alive and ur dad was not made the king?
A twist of tradition.
Re: Oluropo Ogunwusi Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today (Photos) by deolu2000(m): 2:34pm On Mar 06, 2017
lemolemo:
The father is smart. While i wish him long life, he is 75 and has fewer years to live. With the son a king, the family altogether has more years to enjoy all the sweet juice that comes with being a king. My other reason is the son has brighter chance with the field, remember families were asked to nominate contenders for the stool, the father may not have been selected if he was nominated.
i blv more in your first point, afteral with the son on the throne, the father will enjoy royal previleges. Ur scnd point is also very tenable.
Re: Oluropo Ogunwusi Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today (Photos) by sweetgala(m): 2:55pm On Mar 06, 2017
mackmanuel:
HBD

Meanwhile

unlike the pastor , Buhari spent over 20 yrs of his youthful life defending the country under stressful and difficult circumstances

Show some respect to veterans

1 Like

Re: Oluropo Ogunwusi Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today (Photos) by sweetgala(m): 3:01pm On Mar 06, 2017
Adebowale89:

are you a Yoruba? if you're not what do u then know about kingmaker of yoruba land?

waiting for ur answer

not only am I yoruba , I am from Ile ife

Not only am I from Ile Ife, I am a son of an Ooni, I know of the culture and traditions of Ife rather well

I understand the history of my lineage, I also understand how this king came to be

Now I ask what do you know !

2 Likes

Re: Oluropo Ogunwusi Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today (Photos) by elsomm(m): 4:52pm On Mar 06, 2017
jrexa:
I am not understanding this tradition

Me too. But I guess tradition and custom differs. As an Igbo man, its awkward hearing that the paramount ruler's dad is still alive. However, I respect everyman's tradition in so far as it is not oppressive.
Re: Oluropo Ogunwusi Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today (Photos) by Nobody: 7:21pm On Mar 06, 2017
JIGHU:
A TRUE MONARCHY IS HEREDITARY AND NOT THIS LOTTERY YOU FOLKS PRACTICE IN IFE....JUST KEEP THIS CHIEF PRIEST STOOL TO YOURSELF AND STOP DEGRADING MONARCHY WORLDWIDE, HOW CAN THE FATHER OF A KING NOT BE A KING? LOL
power of money. lol.
tusinsola:

The king"s father was appointed to ascend d throne but he decided to pick his son in his stead. Hope is clear .
The kings father was not even in the race and was never appointed..two of his sons were in the race but their father being alive makes them not eligible.

The two sons were in the race with many others from their extended family house... but the one that enriched the king makers most got the throne...alot of traditional rites were bypassed for the highest bidder to become appointed..when money talks, bullshit walks.
baba oba indeed lol

1 Like

Re: Oluropo Ogunwusi Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today (Photos) by sweetgala(m): 2:12pm On Mar 07, 2017
elsomm:

Me too. But I guess tradition and custom differs. As an Igbo man, its awkward hearing that the paramount ruler's dad is still alive. However, I respect everyman's tradition in so far as it is not oppressive.

It is odd and an abomination in Ife, but since every wing of society is open to corruption what do you expect
Re: Oluropo Ogunwusi Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today (Photos) by sweetgala(m): 2:23pm On Mar 07, 2017
tusinsola:

The king"s father was appointed to ascend d throne but he decided to pick his son in his stead. Hope is clear .

You don't sound as thou you are from ife; please don't ever say this in public

The rise to the throne of Ogunwusi was fraudulent and filed with abominations, which should never happen again. The dignity of the throne has been ridiculed by the flamboyance of his person.

His father never contested or aspired to the throne, he used over 1billion to influence the kingmakers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oluropo Ogunwusi Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today (Photos) by OlaoChi: 7:04pm On Mar 07, 2017
sweetgala:

it's a bloody shame, in Yorualand a king's father can not be alive while his son sits on the throne

The system was corrupted because of greed of the king makers
there is a story told by Ire-Ekiti, that Ogun founded the town and left on a war expedition for years and the people thought him dead, when he returned and found that his son was now king he went into the bush and entered the ground

It is against tradition for a father to be regarded alive and the son his made Oba. Oluropo should have banished himself away from the public and anything Ife

1 Like

Re: Oluropo Ogunwusi Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today (Photos) by OlaoChi: 8:40pm On Mar 07, 2017
Alexkene:
Useless tradition. That is why the Benin monarchy still remains number 1. How in the world can a kings father be alive and watch his son sit on the throne. This makes him a subject of his son. Will the father prostrate and bow whenever they see? I'm not understanding this useless corrupted tradition of Yoruba.
It doesn't make Bini monarchy number 1 sir, just as you are disturbed over father alive son being king, how can Bini monarchy(son) be greater than the father(Ife monarchy)

normally, it is not necessary for the father to be dead, but he should refrain from the public and all Ife activities, such that he can be assumed dead. the problem here is not the throne of our ancestors but the present people who fail to follow traditions
Re: Oluropo Ogunwusi Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today (Photos) by BornStunner1: 10:38pm On Mar 07, 2017
[s]
OlaoChi:
It doesn't make Bini monarchy number 1 sir, just as you are disturbed over father alive son being king, how can Bini monarchy(son) be greater than the father(Ife monarchy)

normally, it is not necessary for the father to be dead, but he should refrain from the public and all Ife activities, such that he can be assumed dead. the problem here is not the throne of our ancestors but the present people who fail to follow traditions
[/s]

How Many times do we have to drill it into your ewudu skull that ODUDUWA WAS A BENIN PRINCE!!

EVEN OBA EWAURE SAID SO AT HIS CORONATION IN THE PRESENSE OF UR FAKE LILTLE OONI!!
Re: Oluropo Ogunwusi Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today (Photos) by OlaoChi: 9:46pm On Mar 08, 2017
BornStunner1:
[s][/s]

How Many times do we have to drill it into your ewudu skull that ODUDUWA WAS A BENIN PRINCE!!

EVEN OBA EWAURE SAID SO AT HIS CORONATION IN THE PRESENSE OF UR FAKE LILTLE OONI!!
lol. i dont eat ewedu. and oduduwa was not a bini prince

your oba can say whatever foul thing he likes, it doesn't change reality
Re: Oluropo Ogunwusi Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today (Photos) by Nobody: 3:30pm On Mar 10, 2017
Hmm
Re: Oluropo Ogunwusi Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today (Photos) by jessyb: 6:12pm On Mar 10, 2017
if you are resident in Lagos and are willing to make extra money with a real estate firm, whatsapp 07084910289 for more details
Re: Oluropo Ogunwusi Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today (Photos) by jbblues24(m): 10:39pm On Jun 01, 2019
Amazing work you have here. shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ooni Ogunwusi At Howard University In Washington DC. Photos / ISESE DAY: Osun Worshippers Spotted Celebrating Festival In UK (pics/video) / Roles And Types Of Igbo Traditional Dances - By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.