Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,518 members, 7,836,976 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

Gernot Rohr Visits Super Eagles New Invitee, Hannover 96’s Noah Joel Bazee - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Gernot Rohr Visits Super Eagles New Invitee, Hannover 96’s Noah Joel Bazee (15782 Views)

Peter Okoye Of PSquare Visits Super Eagles Player Samuel Chukwueze In Spain(Pics / David Alaba Visits Super Eagles Camp In Austria / Mainz Condemn Racial Abuse Of Balogun, Ujah By Hannover Fans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gernot Rohr Visits Super Eagles New Invitee, Hannover 96’s Noah Joel Bazee by slysteel: 9:03am On Mar 06, 2017
Edo,Delta and river rine Anambra that bears edoid names that's where you can see people named obazee or bazee,but in this case he is a Benin boy going by this first name,Osarenren.
Re: Gernot Rohr Visits Super Eagles New Invitee, Hannover 96’s Noah Joel Bazee by mechanics(m): 9:04am On Mar 06, 2017
good move, we must qualify for both nation and world cup o.
Re: Gernot Rohr Visits Super Eagles New Invitee, Hannover 96’s Noah Joel Bazee by wayodude(m): 9:07am On Mar 06, 2017
His dad is Edo. His name has just been 'funkified' it really is Osarenren Obazee, as the poster above rightly said. Those are typical bini names.
Re: Gernot Rohr Visits Super Eagles New Invitee, Hannover 96’s Noah Joel Bazee by safarigirl(f): 9:08am On Mar 06, 2017
LMohd:
bassey = bazee
it's Obazee actually.

Sarenren- Osarenren

It's Osarenren-Obazee. He's an Edo boy

Cc: Orjikuramo and deola2000

2 Likes

Re: Gernot Rohr Visits Super Eagles New Invitee, Hannover 96’s Noah Joel Bazee by wayodude(m): 9:20am On Mar 06, 2017
I like Rohr's attitude, anyone watching the way he operates will surely be comfortable in the knowledge he knows what he is doing. I did however expect Kevin Akpoguma's phone to be ringing before any other German-Nigerian players, and Rohr urging him to come help our weakest part of the team

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/11242/nigeria-u20/2015/05/23/12000742/meet-nigerian-german-kevin-akpoguma-captain-of-the-germany

He is a fantastic prospect and it is still not too late as he has not been fully capped by the Germans and he seems to have been forgotten by the German FA. Lets have more competition for places. Mr. Rohr, call this man!
Re: Gernot Rohr Visits Super Eagles New Invitee, Hannover 96’s Noah Joel Bazee by frisky2good(m): 9:27am On Mar 06, 2017
orjikuramo:
His dad must have been a pauper or subject to the mother for the son not to have his name as a surname, cos I can't see any name that links to Nigeria.

The good thing here is, Nairalanders can't label him afonja, flat head or bokoharam

An hater might eat me now...

Bazee is a Nigerian name.
Re: Gernot Rohr Visits Super Eagles New Invitee, Hannover 96’s Noah Joel Bazee by practitioner(m): 9:28am On Mar 06, 2017
robosky02:

Who is Noah Joel Sarenren Bazee?

The largest concerns raised with the release of the Super Eagles list for the upcoming friendlies was the inclusion of the relatively unknown Noah Joel Sarenren Bazee

So just who is this German wonderkid included by Herr Rohr?

Born 20 years ago in Germany to a Nigerian father and a German mother Noah Joel Sarenren Bazee is an exciting forward who currently plays for Hannover 96 in the 2 Bundesliga – the German second division

Regarded as one of the finest young talents in Germany at the moment, Sarenren Bazee who plays as a 2nd striker or right sided winger scored six goals in 16 appearances for Hannover 96 last season and has so far scored once in 11 games so far this season

He is highly talented. A fast and skillful player who can break down opposing defenses and make the difference for his team.

Although far from the finished article ( he needs to improve his passing) and still rough around the edges his sense of positioning is remarkable for a young player and the speed with which he glides into dangerous positions is commendable as seen when he scored his solitary goal this season in Hannovers 3-2 victory over FC Heidenheim

His undoubted talent has led to interest from a host of top sides in Germany including Wolfsburg, Leipzig and Schalke(who see him as a replacement for Leroy Sane) as well as unnamed clubs from England, a situation which seemed to affect his concentration for a period at Hannover

The young wizkid has had his career slightly stunted though with his well document issues with repeatedly changing his representation (Antonio Ortega, Akin Adewunmi and most recently Sports Total were among the agencies who managed the youngster) , transfer issues as well as negotiations on a new long term contract and finally protracted Hip and abductor injuries which kept him out for a while but the player described by his coach Daniel Stendel as “the man without fear” seems set to overcome all that and return to doing what he does best on the pitch

Off the pitch he is described by close associates as rather down-to-earth and purposeful, while on the pitch he is electric and explosive, a player that illicits excitement from the fans each time he is on the ball

Forget the now . . .

Sarenren Bazee is a player for the future . . . an astute and proactive capture for Nigeria by Gernot Rohr

http://www.soccerassembly.com/noah-joel-sarenren-bazee/

I don't know much about this player, but the way this story is beautifully crafted smells of an attempt to exaggerate and overly promote a player. I quickly went on youtube to watch his solitary goals that was so beautifully described, and it fell short of such description.
Re: Gernot Rohr Visits Super Eagles New Invitee, Hannover 96’s Noah Joel Bazee by wayodude(m): 9:40am On Mar 06, 2017
practitioner:

I don't know much about this player, but the way this story is beautifully crafted smells of an attempt to exaggerate and overly promote a player. I quickly went on youtube to watch his solitary goals that was so beautifully described, and it fell short of such description.

Perhaps it is a situation of cap him now as he is a genuinely young and unknown player, or leave it until he 'probably' becomes an established elite player and risk competing with Germany for his allegiance. I guess you can imagine what country will win that battle if it came to it.

Well said though, I agree as of today I cant see him anywhere close to making the starting 11 of a competitive game for the Super Eagles.
Re: Gernot Rohr Visits Super Eagles New Invitee, Hannover 96’s Noah Joel Bazee by signz: 10:12am On Mar 06, 2017
jeeqaa7:
Na coach be dis

I dey tells you
Re: Gernot Rohr Visits Super Eagles New Invitee, Hannover 96’s Noah Joel Bazee by donbenie(m): 10:14am On Mar 06, 2017
Tazdroid:
Welcome to the team. As usual, I'm sure 20 is your football age cuz you look 30
He's a German born and brought up,unlike in Naija and Africa,Europeans keep very good records about births and deaths in their society..
Re: Gernot Rohr Visits Super Eagles New Invitee, Hannover 96’s Noah Joel Bazee by donbenie(m): 10:37am On Mar 06, 2017
Tazdroid:
Well you thought wrong.
Danny Almonte
Tom Shaw
Kim Gwang Sum
Bartolo Colon
Alf Ramsey... All athletes from advanced countries accused of or guilty of age falsification.

Bottom line, it's not impossible in the instant case, don't let sentiments becloud rational thought

Thanks for defending him though.
Most of the names you mentioned to buttress the fact that advanced countries are also age cheats does nothing but reinforce the facts that age cheating is a developing nations phenomenon..
Bartolomeo Colon and Danny Almonte are from DOMINICAN Republic,a 3rd World Country..
Kim Gwang Sum is from North Korea,a Nation known for its official falsification of ANYTHING to do with the Country..
Alf Ramsey and Tom Shaw were born in the 1920s and 1930s,hardly a reflection of modern day European society..
So,these examples are hardly proof of Oyinbo being age cheats..

2 Likes

Re: Gernot Rohr Visits Super Eagles New Invitee, Hannover 96’s Noah Joel Bazee by robosky02(m): 10:46am On Mar 06, 2017
the next German, Nigerian-born player on the rader will be Kevin Akpoguma

Personal information

Full name
Kevin John Ufuoma Akpoguma

Date of birth
19 April 1995 (age 21)

Place of birth
Neustadt an der Weinstraße, Germany

Height
1.92 m (6 ft 3 1⁄2 in)

Playing position
Centre back

Club information

Current team
Fortuna Düsseldorf
(on loan from 1899 Hoffenheim)

Number

Youth career
Rot-Weiß Speyer

Schwarz-Weiß Speyer
FC Bavaria Wörth

FC Neureut 08

2007–2012
Karlsruher SC

Senior career*
Years
Team Apps (Gls)

2012–2013
Karlsruher SC 8 (1)

2013–2015
1899 Hoffenheim II 55 (3)

2015–
1899 Hoffenheim 0 (0)

2015–
→ Fortuna Düsseldorf (loan) 33 (0)

National team:

2010–2011
Germany U16 5 (0)

2011–2012
Germany U17 15 (0)

2012–2013
Germany U18 5 (3)

2013–2014
Germany U19 18 (0)

2014–
Germany U20 12 (1)

2015–
Germany U21 6 (0)

Kevin John Ufuoma Akpoguma (born 19 April 1995) is a German footballer with Nigerian roots who plays as a centre back for Fortuna Düsseldorf, on loan from 1899 Hoffenheim.[1][2][3]

International career:

Kevin Akpoguma was the captain of the German U-20 National, helping the team reach the quarterfinals of the 2015 FIFA U-20 World Cup in New Zealand.

Re: Gernot Rohr Visits Super Eagles New Invitee, Hannover 96’s Noah Joel Bazee by Tazdroid(m): 11:01am On Mar 06, 2017
donbenie:
Most of the names you mentioned to buttress the fact that advanced countries are also age cheats does nothing but reinforce the facts that age cheating is a developing nations phenomenon..
Bartolomeo Colon and Danny Almonte are from DOMINICAN Republic,a 3rd World Country..
Kim Gwang Sum is from North Korea,a Nation known for its official falsification of ANYTHING to do with the Country..
Alf Ramsey and Tom Shaw were born in the 1920s and 1930s,hardly a reflection of modern day Europeans society..
So,these examples are hardly proof of Oyinbo being age cheats..
Again, you missed the point. Age falsification is a known possibility in the realm of sports, no system of recording or documentation is perfect even in countries like Germany
Re: Gernot Rohr Visits Super Eagles New Invitee, Hannover 96’s Noah Joel Bazee by robosky02(m): 11:07am On Mar 06, 2017
Tazdroid:
Again, you missed the point. Age falsification is a known possibility in the realm of sports, no system of recording or documentation is perfect even in countries like Germany

so are you saying he is not 20? undecided
Re: Gernot Rohr Visits Super Eagles New Invitee, Hannover 96’s Noah Joel Bazee by AreaFada2: 11:10am On Mar 06, 2017
Tazdroid:
On the genetic variations, so you mean there's a difference between a black African and a white African? It all boils down to the chemical responsible for skin colouration? I'll have to confirm that if you don't mind.
There is a very BIG variation between BLACK AFRICANS & BLACK AFRICANS. Because humans focus on superficial stuff (phenotype), we wouldn't have known if not for genetic studies.

Just imagine that Somalians and Ethiopians were co-incidentally as fair as the Tunisians or Moroccans. The difference between them and us would have been considered massive. But them looking closer to us in skin doesn't really reduce the genetic difference.

But they are of continental African origin and retaining black skin against the intense sunshine was crucial. Current North African Arabs (who are Semites like the Jews) invaded from across the Gulf.

From the Afro-Asiatic/Hamitic Horn of Africa (Ethiopians/Somalians/Berber/ancient Egyptians) to Sudanic & Nilotic to the Bantu to Kwa/Niger Congo people of Sub-Subsaharan Africa. The Hamitic group are even considered Caucasoid/Mediterranid by many experts.

The variation between Mediteranean, Central European & Northern Europeans (including those who migrated to North/South America, Australasia & South Africa) is not that big.

Many or most Africans are not aware of it. How many people pick up a book in Anthropology, Philology or population genetics to read? cheesy
Re: Gernot Rohr Visits Super Eagles New Invitee, Hannover 96’s Noah Joel Bazee by Tazdroid(m): 11:10am On Mar 06, 2017
robosky02:

so are you saying he is not 20? undecided
Do you believe everything you read online?
Re: Gernot Rohr Visits Super Eagles New Invitee, Hannover 96’s Noah Joel Bazee by Tazdroid(m): 11:18am On Mar 06, 2017
AreaFada2:

There is a very BIG variation between BLACK AFRICANS & BLACK AFRICANS. Because humans focus on superficial stuff (phenotype), we wouldn't have known if not for genetic studies.

Just imagine that Somalians and Ethiopians were co-incidentally as fair as the Tunisians or Moroccans. The difference between them and us would have been considered massive. But them looking closer to us in skin doesn't really reduce the genetic difference.

But they are of continental African origin and retaining black skin against the intense sunshine was crucial. Current North Africans invaded from across the Gulf.

From the Afro-Asiatic/Hamitic Horn of Africa (Ethiopians/Somalians/Berber/ancient Egyptians) to Sudanic & Nilotic to the Bantu to Kwa/Niger Congo people of Sub-Subsaharan Africa. The Hamitic group are even considered Caucasoid/Mediterranid by many experts.

The variation between Mediteranean, Central European & Northern Europeans (including those who migrated to North/South America, Australasia & South Africa) is not that big.

Many or most Africans are not aware of it. How many people pick up a book in Anthropology, Philology or population genetics to read? cheesy
Hmmm, interesting. But I'm not a diehard of historical evolution, and I just digest what I need to because the records could be fabricated and you may have to verify from about three or more sources which may be quite tasking. Thanks for the details though
Re: Gernot Rohr Visits Super Eagles New Invitee, Hannover 96’s Noah Joel Bazee by cichaelogha: 11:21am On Mar 06, 2017
yesterday's game won, to subscribe for today's game, see details below.

Re: Gernot Rohr Visits Super Eagles New Invitee, Hannover 96’s Noah Joel Bazee by AreaFada2: 11:31am On Mar 06, 2017
Tazdroid:
Hmmm, interesting. But I'm not a diehard of historical evolution, and I just digest what I need to because the records could be fabricated and you may have to verify from about three or more sources which may be quite tasking. Thanks for the details though
A very good position. It is good to be sceptical.
But genetics is pretty advanced now and it is being used to trace migrations over time.

We all know that the world cannot be 7,000 years old as people interpret the Bible to mean. Maybe we do understand what the Bibles means in terms of time.

The earliest human fossil/jawbone found in Ethiopia belonging to Autralopethicus afarensis is over 2.8 million years old. Very old indeed.

To put it his way: Imagine that a girl you had something with two years ago suddenly turns up with a baby of about 16 months old. You go for a paternity test and the DNA lab says no way the child can be yours. But your pastor or Imam says God told him it is yours. An Ifa priest/Dibia/ Babalawo/Ezemo confirms that it is yours. Which of them would you believe? grin
Re: Gernot Rohr Visits Super Eagles New Invitee, Hannover 96’s Noah Joel Bazee by donbenie(m): 11:50am On Mar 06, 2017
Tazdroid:
No,the issue is that being in a 3rd World Country we fail to appreciate the advances going on all around us in the Advanced countries,in a country like South Korea when a child is born his finger prints and every stats about him is taken and stored in a database which is easily accessible to anyone who needs information on the individual and these are not easily tampered with unlike in Naija..
But most importantly that Oyinbo doesn't falsifiy his age isn't necessarily a matter of them being more sincere than us, but a matter of opportunity..if you are opportune to be in a football Academy as an 8 year old from where you're Incorporated into the main team in your late teens like for instance an Alex Iwobi,tell me why the necessity for age falsification as compared to a Julius Aghahowa who had to do Police work for years among other things before finally getting the opportunity to be a footballer..
Re: Gernot Rohr Visits Super Eagles New Invitee, Hannover 96’s Noah Joel Bazee by Tazdroid(m): 2:36pm On Mar 06, 2017
donbenie:
No,the issue is that being in a 3rd World Country we fail to appreciate the advances going on all around us in the Advanced countries,in a country like South Korea when a child is born his finger prints and every stats about him is taken and stored in a database which is easily accessible to anyone who needs information on the individual and these are not easily tampered with unlike in Naija..
But most importantly that Oyinbo doesn't falsifiy his age isn't necessarily a matter of them being more sincere than us, but a matter of opportunity..if you are opportune to be in a football Academy as an 8 year old from where you're Incorporated into the main team in your late teens like for instance an Alex Iwobi,tell me why the necessity for age falsification as compared to a Julius Aghahowa who had to do Police work for years among other things before finally getting the opportunity to be a footballer..
We appreciate the advances of those countries which is why we utilize their technology.

And there's a valid point - opportunity. Even in other areas of profession, not many Africans get it as you are well aware of the level of unemployment in the continent generally.

All the same, my position on his age is uncertain and irrelevant truly. No one cares what I think and that's a fact. Whether he's what he claims to be, it's really not my business having regard to his elevation to rank of a Super Eagle. But I appreciate the one-on-one.

1 Like

Re: Gernot Rohr Visits Super Eagles New Invitee, Hannover 96’s Noah Joel Bazee by Tazdroid(m): 2:40pm On Mar 06, 2017
AreaFada2:

A very good position. It is good to be sceptical.
But genetics is pretty advanced now and it is being used to trace migrations over time.

We all know that the world cannot be 7,000 years old as people interpret the Bible to mean. Maybe we do understand what the Bibles means in terms of time.

The earliest human fossil/jawbone found in Ethiopia belonging to Autralopethicus afarensis is over 2.8 million years old. Very old indeed.

To put it his way: Imagine that a girl you had something with two years ago suddenly turns up with a baby of about 16 months old. You go for a paternity test and the DNA lab says no way the child can be yours. But your pastor or Imam says God told him it is yours. An Ifa priest/Dibia Babalawo/Ezemo confirms that it is yours. Which of them would you believe? grin

grin Science is pretty much at the forefront of providing universally acceptable answers and solutions. It would be unwise to deny an authoritatively conducted paternity test
Re: Gernot Rohr Visits Super Eagles New Invitee, Hannover 96’s Noah Joel Bazee by humberjade: 3:15pm On Mar 06, 2017
In as much as i encourage the injection of new bloods into our senior National team, this guy's record shows no reason why he should be invited.

You have a boy who's only featured 11 times for his team this season, with only one goal to show for it. I will rather we look for strikers in the local league who are rugged and can hold their own against the ever physical African defenders.

I just can't imagine this guy starting against that Cameroonian defense.

He might prove me wrong sha.
Re: Gernot Rohr Visits Super Eagles New Invitee, Hannover 96’s Noah Joel Bazee by Mujtahida: 3:52pm On Mar 06, 2017
robosky02:

don't mind this negative minded people

they always believe you must cheat to succeed angry
Why are you not active on the new super eagles thread here on nairaland?
Re: Gernot Rohr Visits Super Eagles New Invitee, Hannover 96’s Noah Joel Bazee by robosky02(m): 5:14pm On Mar 06, 2017
Mujtahida:

Why are you not active on the new super eagles thread here on nairaland?

Am a chair holder there undecided
Re: Gernot Rohr Visits Super Eagles New Invitee, Hannover 96’s Noah Joel Bazee by Danielnino00(m): 7:04pm On Mar 06, 2017
Tazdroid:
Well you thought wrong.
Danny Almonte
Tom Shaw
Kim Gwang Sum
Bartolo Colon
Alf Ramsey... All athletes from advanced countries accused of or guilty of age falsification.

Bottom line, it's not impossible in the instant case, don't let sentiments becloud rational thought

Thanks for defending him though.

What I was trying to say is the way most Africans assume that almost all African players fake their age is wrong and very disgusting.
Well I guess its because of the fame. If you aren't famous,very few people will be interested in your personal affair.
Re: Gernot Rohr Visits Super Eagles New Invitee, Hannover 96’s Noah Joel Bazee by Mujtahida: 7:22pm On Mar 06, 2017
robosky02:

Am a chair holder there undecided
Inactive chair holder

(1) (2) (Reply)

Australia Open 2019 Thread / Chuba Akpom Dumps England For Nigeria / Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.