Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Sending Money To My Family In Nigeria and Spain From London - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sending Money To My Family In Nigeria and Spain From London (1338 Views)

Photos Of The Girl With Half-body At Home With Her Family In Kano / Will You Seek Your Spouse`s consent Before Sending Money To Your Parents? / Best City To Raise A Family In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sending Money To My Family In Nigeria and Spain From London by BOB1: 1:25pm On Jan 19, 2007
I have just got myself a MasterCard from a Company called Chequepoint in London. They have launched a new pre-paid MasterCard and if you are in the UK, you can top it up at any of their shops or online using another credit card anywhere you may be in the World.

The good thing is that I got and extra card on my account for my mum who is in Nigeria and my lil sister that is in Spain.

I normally send them both money each month. All I have to do now is top up the cards at a branch of Chequepoint in London and the money is transfered on to the cards.

Then my mum and lil sis can use the cards to take money out of an ATM or buy things in shops. As it is a MasterCard it is accepted everywhere where you see a Mastercard Logo!

Really cool and all I had to do was show an ID, does not matter what Country you are from. They do not make any credit checks and you do not need a bank account. All I took was my Nigerian passport!

Just thought I would let you all know as I am sure many of you pay a fortune to send money other ways.

If you are in London check it out :-)

You can call to find out the nearest office on 0800 8600 000

Re: Sending Money To My Family In Nigeria and Spain From London by finemocha(f): 12:24am On May 06, 2007
they have it in the US too its basically a cash card that can be refueled. it is great because then it is free to send money. The good thing abou tit is that u requrie a password to withdraw the cash from the kiosk, but if it is stolen hten there isnt much security.

(1) (Reply)

Anger And Love Has No Limits: Between A Dad And The Child. / Photos: Meet The World's Largest Family - With 181 Members / Photo Of The Day. You'll Be Amazed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.