Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

Best City To Raise A Family In Nigeria - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Best City To Raise A Family In Nigeria (25739 Views)

Photos Of The Girl With Half-body At Home With Her Family In Kano / Is It Possible To Raise A Child Without Beating / Unmarried Mothers To Be Fined In Chinese City To Cut Size Of Population (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best City To Raise A Family In Nigeria by nihinlade(m): 1:23pm On Sep 03, 2011
Please, i need to gather opinions on this. What city in Nigeria do you think is d most conducive for raising a family? I will love if u can give reasons for your choice. How about Abeokuta? I definatelly don't think it's Lagos. That is my opinion anyway. I want yours.
Re: Best City To Raise A Family In Nigeria by cejo(m): 1:57pm On Sep 03, 2011
@poster
one thing in raising family may not depend on city alone because even in lagos very good chaps has been born n bread there even inside Ajegunle.A major factor is the environmental inclination of ur area,whose children r ur neigbor,what n who influnces ur children most,is there enof simbiotic relationship btw child/parents.etc .Even in Abeokuta rascals can be breed there.So God must be honor in this family raising issue in our changing world.
Re: Best City To Raise A Family In Nigeria by nihinlade(m): 2:25pm On Sep 03, 2011
@cejo
Thanks 4 your response. But i am not only looking at raising of children alone, but other factors like stress in Lagos which is not good healthwise, also everytin is expensive in lagos. A person can live comfortably on a moderate salary in some cities outside Lagos. And so many other reasons.
Re: Best City To Raise A Family In Nigeria by tpia5: 3:51pm On Sep 03, 2011
there's no best city per se- it depends on the parents how the child is raised.

maybe you should mention some criteria you're looking for in cities.
Re: Best City To Raise A Family In Nigeria by femmy2010(m): 5:59pm On Sep 03, 2011
Every city has its own gud and ugly feature.
Make a pick and make it work.
Re: Best City To Raise A Family In Nigeria by xynerise: 6:14pm On Sep 03, 2011
Any city u can afford to pay rent or build a house is best to train ur children
Re: Best City To Raise A Family In Nigeria by mikron(m): 1:30am On Sep 04, 2011
Abuja is still d best for me. Forget the current spate of bomb blasts. Abuja it is.

1 Like

Re: Best City To Raise A Family In Nigeria by poweredcom(m): 1:55am On Sep 04, 2011
;d ;d ;d ajegunle mushin, the slums isale eko
Re: Best City To Raise A Family In Nigeria by toyemz(f): 2:48am On Sep 04, 2011
@poster
nice topic
this was discussed sometime ago
and most of my friends concluded it was Abeokuta or Ibadan
initially i would have said Jos,(but with what's going on now,that's a no no for me)

1 Like

Re: Best City To Raise A Family In Nigeria by hollandis(f): 2:51am On Sep 04, 2011
Thats the problem with nigeria,instead of them to reply to direct questions they resort to giving long stories
@poster lagos is still the best but depends on the area
Re: Best City To Raise A Family In Nigeria by ajirebi20: 3:31am On Sep 04, 2011
Kirikiri
Re: Best City To Raise A Family In Nigeria by amblors(m): 3:41am On Sep 04, 2011
lol, funny question, i guess you can raise them well anywhere, don't raise em in "hoods"
or campuses.
Re: Best City To Raise A Family In Nigeria by Relax101(m): 4:20am On Sep 04, 2011
Enugu remains the best. I am not from enugu but that place is so peaceful.

1 Like

Re: Best City To Raise A Family In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:28am On Sep 04, 2011
Calabar. nowhere better
Re: Best City To Raise A Family In Nigeria by clip: 5:09am On Sep 04, 2011
An interesting tread please more contributions
Re: Best City To Raise A Family In Nigeria by tpia5: 5:50am On Sep 04, 2011
since the poster is already considering abeokuta then what's the essence of the thread.

simply ask for information on abeokuta- cost of living, schools, etc.
Re: Best City To Raise A Family In Nigeria by PeeDaVinci: 6:18am On Sep 04, 2011
i've not stayed south-eastern states b4, however wrt d rest, i'd say
1)kaduna
2)abeokuta
3)calabar
4)osogbo
Re: Best City To Raise A Family In Nigeria by valicious1(m): 6:41am On Sep 04, 2011
@op.
From your comment & name, would you give considerations if i recommended any of the southeast states.
Re: Best City To Raise A Family In Nigeria by Kwanlo(m): 6:54am On Sep 04, 2011
Seriously. Ilorin, Kwara state is your best bet. That is if u are thinking of raising a family like you said. Am not from Kwara state but I grew up there and I know what am talking about. I currently work in Abuja and I really dont see myself raising a family here. Dnt get me wrong, ppl who av there family here av 1 reason or d other why it is working for them. But I bliv Ilorin is peaceful, quite, its easy and cheap to move around and security-wise, it beats Abuja a million times over.
Re: Best City To Raise A Family In Nigeria by unphilaz(m): 7:07am On Sep 04, 2011
jos is okay. forget the tension, if you no touch me i no disturb u. dat is where i will finallY retire my opinion
Re: Best City To Raise A Family In Nigeria by fuke(m): 7:15am On Sep 04, 2011
Ibadan is ok but it depends on your commitment.

Food is affordable. Many come from Lagos to buy here.

Education fine and within reach.

Transport,not hell like Lagos.

Atmosphere, eerie.

I raise all mine here and I thank God.

2 Likes

Re: Best City To Raise A Family In Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 7:18am On Sep 04, 2011
I'll suggest Enugu, Calabar, Abuja and Owerri.
Re: Best City To Raise A Family In Nigeria by Andrew3(m): 7:20am On Sep 04, 2011
Makurdi is the best to my opinion, very peaceful and crime rate is minimal.
Re: Best City To Raise A Family In Nigeria by Dgunnerz(m): 7:28am On Sep 04, 2011
1.)Maiduguri
2.)Jos
3.)Ajegunle(In the Ghetto)
Re: Best City To Raise A Family In Nigeria by RickyRoss1(m): 7:39am On Sep 04, 2011
afam4eva:

I'll suggest Enugu, Calabar, Abuja and Owerri.

Seconded!

1 Like

Re: Best City To Raise A Family In Nigeria by toboy: 7:42am On Sep 04, 2011
enugu or ibdadan are the best, ur chldren will grow up to be educationally sound and morally behaved as well.its realy a nice place to make up a family
Re: Best City To Raise A Family In Nigeria by Andrew3(m): 7:44am On Sep 04, 2011
Dont include calabar, the level of cultism is uncontrollable.
Re: Best City To Raise A Family In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:52am On Sep 04, 2011
Abakaliki, the Ebonyi state capital is innocent enough and very conducive for an amicable family upbring.
Re: Best City To Raise A Family In Nigeria by HisMajesty1(m): 7:55am On Sep 04, 2011
Lagos is your surest bet if u want ur children to have the needed exposure, enligthment and an encompassing attitude to lyf.
Re: Best City To Raise A Family In Nigeria by Sike(m): 8:08am On Sep 04, 2011
ajirebi20:

Kirikiri
Ah ah! Ajirebiiiiiiiiiii!!
Re: Best City To Raise A Family In Nigeria by thosedays: 8:18am On Sep 04, 2011
Seconded
Re: Best City To Raise A Family In Nigeria by member479760: 8:30am On Sep 04, 2011
No place good in the dark country to raise a family. poster u got to move toward present changes, just keep making dem leave dem to grow naturally. dont kill yourself b/c of a child.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Black Snake In My WC / No Family Planning, No Sex / "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.