Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,106 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:52 PM

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. - Travel (118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. (492132 Views)

Canada Port of entry interview /experience / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by UmmZayd: 9:33pm On Jan 02, 2020
seyewest:

Nice one... Please can you share the trip experience with Egyptair from Nigeria to Baltimore (Washington), I'm curious about Egyptair flight experience. Thank you.

It was nice. I was able to eat everything they served. The food was good, the service too. They delayed our flight small sha for 15mins.�

Lol they gave us brush, paste, face mask, thick sock (for the night) what else sef?? �

They are better than ethihad sha because the gave us free eyepiece �
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by UmmZayd: 9:39pm On Jan 02, 2020
Frim Nigeria to Cairo then we changed plane but didn't checked out our bags till we got to IAD. Layover was 2 hours but I didn't even have time to pee cus immediately we got to Cairo we had to rush to the next connectiing flight. It was a lomg ride from Cairo. 11hours
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 12:37pm On Jan 03, 2020
UmmZayd:
Frim Nigeria to Cairo then we changed plane but didn't checked out our bags till we got to IAD. Layover was 2 hours but I didn't even have time to pee cus immediately we got to Cairo we had to rush to the next connectiing flight. It was a lomg ride from Cairo. 11hours

Nice, what about the conditions of the plane from Nigeria to Cairo and the plane from Cairo to IAD,
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by UmmZayd: 3:33pm On Jan 03, 2020
seyewest:

Nice, what about the conditions of the plane from Nigeria to Cairo and the plane from Cairo to IAD,

Hmmmm conditions..conditions....I don't understand what you mean by this but the one from Cairo to IAD was bigger than the one from Nigeria to Cairo. I think seating arrangement was 2-3-3 (CAIRO-IAD). I can't remember the other one but it was a bit tight yes it was tight. I couldn't stretch my legs well enough.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by KIYEH: 6:31pm On Jan 03, 2020
seyewest:
Happy New Year Guys, God bless you and your lovely families.
Thanks my brother,pls I want to have an interaction with you,PM you
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 9:48am On Jan 04, 2020
UmmZayd:

Hmmmm conditions..conditions....I don't understand what you mean by this but the one from Cairo to IAD was bigger than the one from Nigeria to Cairo. I think seating arrangement was 2-3-3 (CAIRO-IAD). I can't remember the other one but it was a bit tight yes it was tight. I couldn't stretch my legs well enough.

Thank you....
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 1:31pm On Jan 05, 2020
KIYEH:
Thanks my brother,pls I want to have an interaction with you,PM you

Okay check your email.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Kayraph(m): 8:06am On Jan 06, 2020
UmmZayd:

I was almost thinking of using Egypt Air on my next trip to the US until you mention the tight legroom.... embarassed embarassed embarassed

The layover (2 hours) and the flight time from Cairo to IAD (11 hours) are still fairer than that of Emirates, we flew about 14 hours from DXB to IAD.

Anyways, I'm sure that my traveling agent is observing proceedings here and we should be able to cook something delicious together when next I want to travel.

Hope you are enjoying your stay in the US.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 8:18pm On Jan 06, 2020
Kayraph:

I was almost thinking of using Egypt Air on my next trip to the US until you mention the tight legroom.... embarassed embarassed embarassed

The layover (2 hours) and the flight time from Cairo to IAD (11 hours) are still fairer than that of Emirates, we flew about 14 hours from DXB to IAD.

Anyways, I'm sure that my traveling agent is observing proceedings here and we should be able to cook something delicious together when next I want to travel.

Hope you are enjoying your stay in the US.

I won't allow you use it bro
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by hybeenoni: 7:21am On Jan 07, 2020
I actually used Egypt Air from Lag - Cairo-JFK and it wasn't bad for the amount charged in relation to other airline, had about ^ hrs layover in Cairo and we were lodged in a standard hotel, so based on my experienced, they are okay for the cost charged.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Heffalump(m): 3:36pm On Jan 07, 2020
seyewest:

My lesson from this transcript is that always declare food if you carry any, have a great holiday.

I like your pidgin analysis.

Let me tell you something nice here: "You are going to be on their watchlist for a while at any of the POE". Each time you enter the US of A , you will be subjected to rigorous scrutiny. Try not to violate any of their rules again. Avoid traveling with fruits and some agricultural products for now.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by OmoBendel24: 4:22pm On Jan 07, 2020
Heffalump:

Let me tell you something nice here: "You are going to be on their watchlist for a while at any of the POE". Each time you enter the US of A , you will be subjected to rigorous scrutiny. Try not to violate any of their rules again. Avoid traveling with fruits and some agricultural products for now.

Will assume you are talking to Kayraph;

So, oga, on what ground is @the bolded shocked? And what rule did he violate that you are asking him to try not to violate their rules AGAIN? Been to Secondary inspection once, almost 10 years ago, no more delays with CBP ever since, sometimes almost less than a minute sef but hardly more than 2, and Agriculture twice too because of stuffs I brought in, they just scan and notice nothing wrong and pass me. Much more times no sending to Agriculture, I doubt if I have ever entered the US without bringing in things (agricultural) for both my hosts and or friends, it's actually IN THEIR CONSTITUTION if we visitors have sense smiley. Which watchlist you come dey talk of and for what reason for inside dis him transcript?

Meanwhile, Kayraph; wetin concern Emirates for inside your transcript, ABI no be CBP Secondary Inspection you dey the time? Was Emirates doing an onward flight or what? I don't get that.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Heffalump(m): 6:35pm On Jan 07, 2020
OmoBendel24:

So, oga, on what ground is @the bolded shocked? And what rule did he violate that you are asking him to try not to violate their rules AGAIN? Been to Secondary inspection once, almost 10 years ago, no more delays with CBP ever since, sometimes almost less than a minute sef but hardly more than 2, and Agriculture twice too because of stuffs I brought in, they just scan and notice nothing wrong and pass me. Much more times no sending to Agriculture, I doubt if I have ever entered the US without bringing in things (agricultural) for both my hosts and or friends, it's actually IN THEIR CONSTITUTION if we visitors have sense smiley. Which watchlist you come dey talk of and for what reason for inside dia him transcript?

Meanwhile, Kayraph; wetin concern Emirates for inside your transcript, ABI no be CBP Secondary Inspection you dey the time? Was Emirates doing an onward flight or what? I don't get that.

Yes, Kayraph!

Was detained at George Bush International Airport in Houston once, because of 2 Apples I forgot in my check-in luggage from Naija. Since then, I've become their customer at the CBP anytime I'm in the States. In fact, the moment an Officer scans my passport at POE, it will just flag up something. My saving grace was that I declared the Apples on the faithful day.

There are some foods that are on the prohibition list, fruits and some kind of drinks inclusive.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by pufframmy: 7:52pm On Jan 07, 2020
wow that means that have tagged your passport number
Heffalump:

Yes, Kayraph!

Was detained once at George Bush International Airport in Houston once, because of 2 Apples I forgot in my check-in luggage from Naija. Since then, I've become their customer at the CBP anytime I'm in the States. In fact, the moment an Officer scans my passport at POE, it will just flag up something. My saving grace was that I declared the Apples on the first day.

There are some foods that are on the prohibition list, fruits and some kind of drinks inclusive.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 10:11am On Jan 08, 2020
Heffalump:

Why quote me?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 10:13am On Jan 08, 2020
OmoBendel24:

So, oga, on what ground is @the bolded shocked? And what rule did he violate that you are asking him to try not to violate their rules AGAIN? Been to Secondary inspection once, almost 10 years ago, no more delays with CBP ever since, sometimes almost less than a minute sef but hardly more than 2, and Agriculture twice too because of stuffs I brought in, they just scan and notice nothing wrong and pass me. Much more times no sending to Agriculture, I doubt if I have ever entered the US without bringing in things (agricultural) for both my hosts and or friends, it's actually IN THEIR CONSTITUTION if we visitors have sense smiley. Which watchlist you come dey talk of and for what reason for inside dis him transcript?

His last trip to U.S was with Emirates.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 10:14am On Jan 08, 2020
Heffalump:

Yes, Kayraph!

Was detained once at George Bush International Airport in Houston once, because of 2 Apples I forgot in my check-in luggage from Naija. Since then, I've become their customer at the CBP anytime I'm in the States. In fact, the moment an Officer scans my passport at POE, it will just flag up something. My saving grace was that I declared the Apples on the first day.

I assumed they thought you're a drug mule.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by OmoBendel24: 10:21am On Jan 08, 2020
seyewest:

His last trip to U.S was with Emirates.

Yeah, I know. I mean at CBP level, why was Emirates call happening there? The below part of the transcript

Kayraph:

Na so I found myself for secondary inspection ooo. Some minutes later dem don carry my bags come meet me there. So I waited for the next thing to happen. Meanwhile, I could hear Emirates airline calling for departure, na so one woman entered and asked us "How many of una follow Emirates come?". Myself and one old white woman answered her, she said "Shey dis people don answer you?" We said "Mba o". She come say make we wait small.

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Heffalump(m): 11:55am On Jan 08, 2020
seyewest:

I assumed they thought you're a drug mule.

Not really!
They prohibit import of certain foods.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 3:18pm On Jan 08, 2020
OmoBendel24:

Yeah, I know. I mean at CBP level, why was Emirates call happening there? The below part of the transcript

Emirates EK231 arrives IAD at 8am and depart at 10am, I assumed that they wanted the deportees to leave with the returning flight to Dubai.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by wiseman77: 2:26pm On Jan 09, 2020
UmmZayd:
Hello everyone.
Came in through IAD on the 31st via Egyptair with F1 visa. I got a very cheap flight . 248k
Everything was good but the official collected the herbs (wood) and my dried ilorin pomo. She said woods and meat are not allowed. I was sad but the way she was polite about it and all prevented me from looking at her one kind. It is very cold here at Baltimore.

Was it a one-way ticket you got? 248k is a really good price.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Jessssycca: 2:51pm On Jan 09, 2020
Hello Everyone,

Please I have a question...When I was filling my form it was for child birth and while filling the form, I filled that I didn’t know anyone in the US which was true and Infact I had paid for my ticket to virginia (which I still have)where I was meant to birth my child last year but I had a family emergency and I was unable to travel so fast forward to September I met someone through a friend and she asked me to visit for a week her in Dulles this year which I have booked a flight for...Please would there be any issue at the POE since I filled that I was to travel for childbirth in Virginia and was given the B1/B2 visa which I didn’t use and now I am going to Dulles to shop for my baby and visit a friend who wasn’t my friend as at the time I was filling my form.

Thank you.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Kayraph(m): 3:01pm On Jan 09, 2020
seyewest:

Emirates EK231 arrives IAD at 8am and depart at 10am, I assumed that they wanted the deportees to leave with the returning flight to Dubai.

The bolded was exactly my thought!
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by OmoBendel24: 4:07pm On Jan 09, 2020
seyewest:

winkOh, oh, oh! Now I get cheesy
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by OmoBendel24: 4:12pm On Jan 09, 2020
Jessssycca:
Hello Everyone,

Please I have a question...When I was filling my form it was for child birth and while filling the form, I filled that I didn’t know anyone in the US which was true and Infact I had paid for my ticket to virginia (which I still have)where I was meant to birth my child last year but I had a family emergency and I was unable to travel so fast forward to September I met someone through a friend and she asked me to visit for a week her in Dulles this year which I have booked a flight for...Please would there be any issue at the POE since I filled that I was to travel for childbirth in Virginia and was given the B1/B2 visa which I didn’t use and now I am going to Dulles to shop for my baby and visit a friend who wasn’t my friend as at the time I was filling my form.

Thank you.

No biggie, in good standing still. You birthed in Naija, abi? Not like you are going there to birth now in Dulles? Going rather for visiting and shopping, lesser "evils" compared to birthing cheesy. Just however be careful per your explanation as to how this friend is now "sudden", if it's the truth, you need not worry, it will be conspicuous.

Truth is the coverage of that your B visa is much more wider than most, you will only "offend" them the moment you use it to birth at a cost cheaper than you went for the visa interview with.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Jessssycca: 5:11pm On Jan 09, 2020
Thank you for your reply.
OmoBendel24:

No biggie, in good standing still. You birthed in Naija, abi? Not like you are going there to birth now in Dulles? Going rather for visiting and shopping, lesser "evils" compared to birthing cheesy. Just however be careful per your explanation as to how this friend is now "sudden", if it's the truth, you need not worry, it will be conspicuous.

Truth is the coverage of that your B visa is much more wider than most, you will only "offend" them the moment you use it to birth at a cost cheaper than you went for the visa interview with.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 8:27pm On Jan 09, 2020
wiseman77:

Was it a one-way ticket you got? 248k is a really good price.
that's a ridiculously cheap ticket not sure that ticket will still be available.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by KIYEH: 1:23pm On Jan 11, 2020
Pls,how much does USA embassy charged now for biometric on interview day?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by fkj950ax(m): 5:50pm On Jan 11, 2020
KIYEH:
Pls,how much does USA embassy charged now for biometric on interview day?

YOU SAY?

US Embassy DOES NOT charge for biometric. Separately

Its all included in the Visa Fee you pay.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by KIYEH: 6:14pm On Jan 11, 2020
fkj950ax:

YOU SAY?
US Embassy DOES NOT charge for biometric. Separately
Its all included in the Visa Fee you pay.
Thanks
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by flourishing247: 6:32pm On Jan 13, 2020
seyewest:
that's a ridiculously cheap ticket not sure that ticket will still be available.

The you must travel on said date ticket. LOL. That's what I call it. It comes cheap but if any shift, you forfeit it.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by OmoBendel24: 6:55pm On Jan 13, 2020
flourishing247:

The you must travel on said date ticket. LOL. That's what I call it. It comes cheap but if any shift, you forfeit it.

Not impossible, but I strongly believe that was a one way ticket. Remember, that person is on an F1 visa, a student invariably, and is allowed to get such ticket....

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (145) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.