Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Would You Change Your Religion For Love? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Would You Change Your Religion For Love? (11899 Views)

Hey Christians, How Much Can You Really Say To Defend Your Religion? / When And Why Did You Change The Church You Were Born Into? / Why Christianity Is The Only Religion For Me: A Logical Treatise On Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by ilotriouzAY(m): 11:30am On Mar 07, 2017
UjSizzle:

No. If I can't marry you, then I can't date you.

Some people don't know that sad
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by Nobody: 11:55am On Mar 07, 2017
I. Can't. Leave. My. Religion. Because. Of. Love.

1 Like

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by dexmond: 11:58am On Mar 07, 2017
Jesus said in matt 10:37

“He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.”

King James Version (KJV)

So, decide!
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by Anusiemgood(m): 12:00pm On Mar 07, 2017
Lilyqueeny:
I. Can't. Leave. My. Religion. Because. Of. Love.

even as a lady
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by BonetEzra(m): 12:01pm On Mar 07, 2017
You mean, would we change our love for God because of love for man... Only fools, cuz only fools say in their heart there is no God.

1 Like

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by tmgold007(f): 12:07pm On Mar 07, 2017
LAYE LAYE.....KO JO RARA

1 Like

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by Anusiemgood(m): 12:08pm On Mar 07, 2017
Am having a very similar issues,my woman came from a different church with me.she insisted that she will not leave her church because of marriage but after everything she accepted to wed me in my own church but with a condition that after our wedding,she will still go back to her own church.
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by tosyne2much(m): 12:20pm On Mar 07, 2017
I can't change my religion for love.. Reason being that Christianity is the right path

1 Like

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by snowblaq(f): 12:29pm On Mar 07, 2017
Totino:
Love supersedes everything.
....does it really?....i think this love thing is simply overated....

1 Like

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Mar 07, 2017
Anusiemgood:

even as a lady

Yes

Eternity is at stake

Marriage is temporary
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Mar 07, 2017
What if I don't have a religion.
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by Nickymezor(f): 1:27pm On Mar 07, 2017
Nope. My religion matters alot.
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by Claessique1(f): 2:00pm On Mar 07, 2017
ilotriouzAY:
If it came down to love would you change your religion? A lot of people face this issue in their relationship, and it’s such a touchy subject so most people sweep it under the rug. The most difficult thing to do while in love is to leave your love for what you love.

When we’re born we don’t know what we believe in, our parents teach us and raise us to believe in what they think we should believe in so its natural for us to follow this same path once we grow up.

I have a friend that is in a relationship with someone that has a different religion then her, she doesn’t want their future children to believe in what he believes in so she’s faced with the decision to stay or leave.

What would you do if this were you? If this was me I don’t know what I would do, do I leave the love of my life because we have different views or do I stay and live a different lifestyle from him.

angry

My dear, your friend is already facing a fear already, by being scared of what her children would believe, in other not to leave them confuse. She has to take time to think about this.
Think about his parents and their faith........
There is no joy doing two things at a time, as you can serve two masters at a time, time would come, maybe not now that they might be conflicting issues along the line.
So, if I was the one, I wouldn't.
People don't change oo because of love.
Stick to what you believe yourself, Another one would come your way.
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by Claessique1(f): 2:01pm On Mar 07, 2017
ilotriouzAY:
If it came down to love would you change your religion? A lot of people face this issue in their relationship, and it’s such a touchy subject so most people sweep it under the rug. The most difficult thing to do while in love is to leave your love for what you love.

When we’re born we don’t know what we believe in, our parents teach us and raise us to believe in what they think we should believe in so its natural for us to follow this same path once we grow up.

I have a friend that is in a relationship with someone that has a different religion then her, she doesn’t want their future children to believe in what he believes in so she’s faced with the decision to stay or leave.

What would you do if this were you? If this was me I don’t know what I would do, do I leave the love of my life because we have different views or do I stay and live a different lifestyle from him.
Angry

My dear, your friend is already facing a fear already, by being scared of what her children would believe, in other not to leave them confuse. She has to take time to think about this.
There is no joy doing two things at a time, as you can serve two masters at a time, time would come, maybe not now that they might be conflicting issues along the line.
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by HRHQueenPhil(f): 2:04pm On Mar 07, 2017
tosyne2much:
I can't change my religion for love.. Reason being that Christianity is the right path

not just d right , d one DAT pays d most both here on earth and in Heaven. #DoesNotDissapoint
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by HRHQueenPhil(f): 2:08pm On Mar 07, 2017
Anusiemgood:
Am having a very similar issues,my woman came from a different church with me.she insisted that she will not leave her church because of marriage but after everything she accepted to wed me in my own church but with a condition that after our wedding,she will still go back to her own church.

Simple, tell her to attend your church for a full month keeping an open mind, also u attend hers for a full month, afta that the two of u shld prayerfully argue wich u both prefer taking into cognisance how much u have learnt from your church and how it has made u grow spiritually. den choose.
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by madjnr: 2:19pm On Mar 07, 2017
Lilimax:

As a full grown adult, I would choose the best part irrespective of whether I was born in the religion or not.
We have several religion, some re evil while some are good.
The evil one you'll know by their fruits...likewise the good one.
That my parents practice the evil religion is not a guarantee I must tow that part. embarassed embarassed

Which is the evil religion?
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by ilotriouzAY(m): 2:31pm On Mar 07, 2017
Claessique1:

Thanks
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by madjnr: 2:37pm On Mar 07, 2017
Dyt:
There was a time I was contemplating But now I know better I will choose my religion over and over
But I do both cheesy cheesy cheesy
you do both how ?
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by madjnr: 2:38pm On Mar 07, 2017
Hideki:
so this nigga and I share same faith undecided? And I really hate the dude online... shocked...OK peace brother...extending the olive branch...I hope you are observing lent?....Same thing happened to me I loved the lady so much...so much that we both cried during break up...she was "winners inclined"...since my over 20yrs on earth that was the first time I wept...#Catholic4Life
angry
Hideki:
so this nigga and I share same faith undecided? And I really hate the dude online... shocked...OK peace brother...extending the olive branch...I hope you are observing lent?....Same thing happened to me I loved the lady so much...so much that we both cried during break up...she was "winners inclined"...since my over 20yrs on earth that was the first time I wept...#Catholic4Life
Are both of you not Christian?
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by madjnr: 2:42pm On Mar 07, 2017
zeezeegal:
Tnks
are you a Yoruba lady ?
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by euchariadavid(f): 2:46pm On Mar 07, 2017
Capital No
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by euchariadavid(f): 2:47pm On Mar 07, 2017
Capital No
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by Anusiemgood(m): 2:51pm On Mar 07, 2017
HRHQueenPhil:

Simple, tell her to attend your church for a full month keeping an open mind, also u attend hers for a full month, afta that the two of u shld prayerfully argue wich u both prefer taking into cognisance how much u have learnt from your church and how it has made u grow spiritually. den choose.
Thanks
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Mar 07, 2017
The only thing i can change religion for is a very high paying job
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by Lilimax(f): 3:05pm On Mar 07, 2017
madjnr:

Which is the evil religion?
embarassed
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by zeezeegal(m): 4:13pm On Mar 07, 2017
madjnr:
are you a Yoruba lady ?
Nop
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by Origin(f): 4:51pm On Mar 07, 2017
Nothing new. This has always been happening.

It depends on who married who.

If the man married the lady. You follow the man's religion e.g Nigeria.

If the woman married the man. You will follow the woman's religion eg Ghana

If they married each other then they can follow their dreams eg US. Europe.

So pick your location wisely. grin

Its funny how people of the same religions. The effects of denominations.
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by Totino: 4:57pm On Mar 07, 2017
snowblaq:
....does it really?....i think this love thing is simply overated....
Those who do not know d meaning of luv re d ones who ve overrate(d) it 'cos they thought wot is being played out on TV is wot love is
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by tosyne2much(m): 6:33pm On Mar 07, 2017
HRHQueenPhil:

not just d right , d one DAT pays d most both here on earth and in Heaven. #DoesNotDissapoint
Thanks for speaking my exact mind
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by tosyne2much(m): 6:34pm On Mar 07, 2017
Origin:
Nothing new. This has always been happening.

It depends on who married who.

If the man married the lady. You follow the man's religion e.g Nigeria.

If the woman married the man. You will follow the woman's religion eg Ghana

If they married each other then they can follow their dreams eg US. Europe.

So pick your location wisely. grin

Its funny how people of the same religions. The effects of denominations.
So which one do you pick? cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UNBELIEVABLE GOODNEWS!!! Get Any Ebook Into Your Phone Anywhere You Are. / On Masturbation... / Christians Which Society Do You Belong To In Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.