Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Homosexuality In Sodom And Gomorrah: The Prophet Loot (lot) And His Daughters - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Homosexuality In Sodom And Gomorrah: The Prophet Loot (lot) And His Daughters (515 Views)

Islam's Position On Homosexuality / Did Allah Know What Will Happen To The People Of Sodom And Gomorrah? / Lunar Eclipse: See What The Prophet Instructed Us To Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Homosexuality In Sodom And Gomorrah: The Prophet Loot (lot) And His Daughters by Amoto94(m): 9:19pm On Mar 06, 2017
Homosexuality in Sodom and Gomorrah: The Prophet Loot (Lot) and his Daughters, between the Bible and the Qur’an.
BY ABU KHADEEJAH ABDUL-WAHID MARCH 6, 2017 HISTORY, SOCIETY
Story of the Prophet Loot (peace be upon him) or Lot (in the Bible):
Al-Hāfidh Ibn Katheer and Imām As-Sa`dee mentioned that Loot (`alaihis-salām) was the nephew of Ibrāheem (`alaihis-salām), the son of his brother, and his story follows on from the story of Ibrāheem. He was his student, and he learned from him, and he was like a son to him. So Loot was sent to the city of Sodom and Gomorra (Saddoom and `Amoorah) which was the main city of that region, situated to the south-east of the Dead Sea, approximately 100km from Jerusalem. It had outlying areas and villages. The Prophet Loot (‘alaihis-salaam) is one of the Prophets and Messengers of Allah who was sent to a people with hard hearts and harsh natures – they gathered together deviation in belief and deviation in moral character. A deviation in morality that opposed the nature of humanity itself from the dawn of its creation till their time – something unheard of in the history of mankind. Men of the towns would commit sexual acts between each other, acts of sodomy that go against human nature, and against the intellect, that oppose one’s moral instincts and Revelation from God. So the Prophet Loot (`alaihis-salām) was sent to them so that they may return to the worship of Allah and show obedience to Him, and abandon this unnatural and sinful deed. He strived against them and suffered at their hands, until Allah sent to them a severe punishment.

This narration takes an insight into the life of Loot and is an extension of what is mentioned in the Qur’an – and in this narration is a defense of this noble Prophet from the accusations leveled against him and false stories fabricated about the reality of the events at the time.

Al-Hākim reports in Al-Mustadrak (2/375) from Ibn `Abbās (radiyallāhu `anhumā) who said:

“When the Angel Messengers of Allah came to Loot, he thought them to be guests with strength. So he invited them to come closer until they sat them close to him. Then he brought his three daughters and sat them between his guests and the people of his town. So the people rushed towards him in a state of hysteria. When Loot saw them, he said:

قَالَ يَا قَوْمِ هَٰؤُلَاءِ بَنَاتِي هُنَّ أَطْهَرُ لَكُمْ ۖ فَاتَّقُوا اللَّهَ وَلَا تُخْزُونِ فِي ضَيْفِي ۖ أَلَيْسَ مِنكُمْ رَجُلٌ رَّشِيدٌ

“O my people! Here are my daughters, they are purer for you if you marry them lawfully. So fear Allah and degrade me not as regards my guests!” (Hood 11:78)

They responded:

قَالُوا لَقَدْ عَلِمْتَ مَا لَنَا فِي بَنَاتِكَ مِنْ حَقٍّ وَإِنَّكَ لَتَعْلَمُ مَا نُرِيدُ

“Surely you know that we have neither any desire nor any need of your daughters, and indeed you know very well what we want!” (Hood 11:79) So Loot (`alaihis-salām) said:

قَالَ لَوْ أَنَّ لِي بِكُمْ قُوَّةً أَوْ آوِي إِلَىٰ رُكْنٍ شَدِيدٍ

“Would that I had strength to overpower you, or that I could betake myself to some powerful support to resist you.” (Hood 11:80) Then Jibreel (`alaihis-salām) turned to him and said:

يَا لُوطُ إِنَّا رُسُلُ رَبِّكَ لَن يَصِلُوا إِلَيْكَ ۖ

“O Loot! Verily, we are the Messengers from your Lord! They shall not reach you!” (Hood 11:81)

So Jibreel took out their eyes, and they turned turned back feeling for each other until they exited to those who were at the gate. They said: We have come back to you from the most able of magicians who has taken out our sights. So they returned feeling for each other until they entered the village. So the village was lifted up when a part of the night had passed until it was between the sky and the ground, such that the inhabitants could hear the sounds of the birds in the sky. Then it was turn upside down and stones were rained down upon them, and whoever was pelted by the stones was killed, and whoever fled the township, the stones would follow and kill him.

So Loot left out with

(1) (Reply)

Did Saudi Arabia Abandon Muslims? / Memorisation Of The Book : Hisnul Muslim (the Fortress Of The Believer) / Five Beauty Of Islam Non-muslims Are Jealous Of.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.