Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,660 members, 7,820,324 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

How Can I Remove Maintenance Required "MAINT REQUIRED" - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Can I Remove Maintenance Required "MAINT REQUIRED" (3123 Views)

Maintenance Required Light On Rx350 / How Do I Remove This Wheel Lock No Key Came With Car / Maintenance Required Light Blinks For Some Seconds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Remove Maintenance Required "MAINT REQUIRED" by Slimchase(m): 11:14pm On Mar 06, 2017
Pls Auto gurus in the house...... How can i remove the "Maintenance Required Warning Logo" on my Venza Dashboard after servicing it (ie after changing the engine oil)
I have tried removing the battery head terminal but that didn't work out.
Plz help me cos seeing it on my dashboard drives me nuts and am tired of paying my mechanic N2k for removing it for me.

CC: Laaalaaasticlalaaaaa...... Plz move dis very educative piece to promise land (permanent site) so that my people can as well learn as I just did.
Re: How Can I Remove Maintenance Required "MAINT REQUIRED" by lonelydora: 1:28am On Mar 07, 2017
You can use a scanner to reset it, or use the knob used to toggle between trips on the tachometer part of the dashboard. You will need to ask someone with experience to help use the knob to clear it.

Your mechanic is just being too greedy collecting 2k from you to reset that stuff. There are things your personal mechanic should do for you free of charge.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Remove Maintenance Required "MAINT REQUIRED" by yakbauer: 7:32am On Mar 07, 2017
Yeah lonelydora got it right, that toggle knob used to switch btw trips, but there's a systematic way of doing it, I forgot how I did it on my car, but I learnt it from YouTube.
Google is ur friend

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Remove Maintenance Required "MAINT REQUIRED" by lonelydora: 7:34am On Mar 07, 2017
yakbauer:
Yeah lonelydora got it right, that toggle knob used to switch btw trips, but there's a systematic way of doing it, I forgot how I did it on my car, but I learnt it from YouTube.
Google is ur friend

Exactly
Re: How Can I Remove Maintenance Required "MAINT REQUIRED" by autotrader2: 7:45am On Mar 07, 2017
Slimchase:
Pls Auto gurus in the house...... How can i remove the "Maintenance Required Warning Logo" on my Venza Dashboard after servicing it (ie after changing the engine oil)
Plz help me cos seeing it on my dashboard drives me nuts and am tired of paying my mechanic N2k for removing it for me.

You probably used the wrong oil to service it. What year is the Venza? The required oil is the Genuine Toyota Motor Oil 5w20 0r 0w20. The older models use 5w30. Just confirm by looking at the oil cap in the engine

You can get it by calling 09086679585

1 Like

Re: How Can I Remove Maintenance Required "MAINT REQUIRED" by Nobody: 9:01am On Mar 07, 2017
autotrader2:

You probably used the wrong oil to service it. What year is the Venza? The required oil is the Genuine Toyota Motor Oil 5w20 0r 0w20. The older models use 5w30. Just confirm by looking at the oil cap in the engine

Haba... Seriously? Whether he used 5w20 or vegetable oil, once that light is on it will need to be reset manually. If u like use 100 gallons of 5w20 it won't disappear.

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Remove Maintenance Required "MAINT REQUIRED" by autotrader2: 9:46am On Mar 07, 2017
greenhulk:

Haba... Seriously? Whether he used 5w20 or vegetable oil, once that light is on it will need to be reset manually. If u like use 100 gallons of 5w20 it won't disappear.

Not in all cars. When you use the wrong Oil in some sensitive engines you get that light on the dashboard. Why not allow the OP to confirm the type of oil he used. Your own car might have tolerance to "vegetable oil" and it works great....I doubt that
Re: How Can I Remove Maintenance Required "MAINT REQUIRED" by Nobody: 9:52am On Mar 07, 2017
autotrader2:

Not in all cars. When you use the wrong Oil in some sensitive engines you get that light on the dashboard. Why not allow the OP to confirm the type of oil he used. Your own car might have tolerance to "vegetable oil" and it works great....I doubt that

Lol. That light comes on after a pre set mileage, it won't disappear on its own by just using the right oil, it I'll need to be reset manually.
Re: How Can I Remove Maintenance Required "MAINT REQUIRED" by Kashif(m): 10:08am On Mar 07, 2017
autotrader2:

Your ignorance level no get rival. It is repugnant to say the very least! You can clear that light at will, even if you dont change the oil. It is better to be quiet than pass misleading info. Is that how you market?

OP, press the odometer button to get to trip A. Switch the ignition off. Then, while holding the button down, switch ignition on (without starting the engine) the trip reading will show ------ and the "maintenance reqd" blinking. Hold it down until the dashes disappear. The light will reset, waiting for the next 5,000 miles.

7 Likes

Re: How Can I Remove Maintenance Required "MAINT REQUIRED" by scotcom: 10:08am On Mar 07, 2017
Well I don't know if it's the same process with setting corolla 2010,I just reset mine after changing my oil,if it's the same then I can give you the clue you need but if not then am heplesd
Re: How Can I Remove Maintenance Required "MAINT REQUIRED" by autotrader2: 10:21am On Mar 07, 2017
Kashif:

Your ignorance level no get rival. It is repugnant to say the very least! You can clear that light at will, even if you dont change the oil. It is better to be quiet than pass misleading info. Is that how you market?

OP, press the odometer button to get to trip A. Switch the ignition off. Then, while holding the button down, switch ignition on (without starting the engine) the trip reading will show ------ and the "maintenance reqd" blinking. Hold it down until the dashes disappear. The light will reset, waiting for the next 5,000 miles.

Mr Kashif, you need to check yourself before throwing out words like ignorant. Even if you reset the oil life and you use the wrong Oil in a sensitive engine, the oil light will still come on.
I'll appreciate it if you exhibit some decorum, and stop using uncouth words just because you have attempted to rebuild a transmission in the past. I'm done here
Re: How Can I Remove Maintenance Required "MAINT REQUIRED" by autotrader2: 10:54am On Mar 07, 2017
greenhulk:

Lol. That light comes on after a pre set mileage, it won't disappear on its own by just using the right oil, it I'll need to be reset manually.

Read my words closely, I did not say you don't need to reset the oil life manually. There are cars without Oil life counter and the engine oil light still comes on. When you do an oil change with the right oil, the light goes out. That's not too hard to comprehend
Re: How Can I Remove Maintenance Required "MAINT REQUIRED" by Nobody: 11:09am On Mar 07, 2017
autotrader2:

Read my words closely, I did not say you don't need to reset the oil life manually. There are cars without Oil life counter and the engine oil light still comes on. When you do an oil change with the right oil, the light goes out. That's not too hard to comprehend

Bro what do u mean by sensitive engine? When the engine oil light comes on it means ur engine is short of oil or the oil pressure is low. Of course when u add oil to an engine that is short of oil the oil light goes out.

But what u are trying to tell me by sensitive engine is that if an engine requires 5w30 and I put 5w20 then the light will not go out and vice versa?
Re: How Can I Remove Maintenance Required "MAINT REQUIRED" by autotrader2: 11:17am On Mar 07, 2017
greenhulk:

Bro what do u mean by sensitive engine? When the engine oil light comes on it means ur engine is short of oil or the oil pressure is low. Of course when u add oil to an engine that is short of oil the oil light goes out.

But what u are trying to tell me by sensitive engine is that if an engine requires 5w30 and I put 5w20 then the light will not go out and vice versa?

Try another comparison, 5w30 and 5w20 are too closely related. Infact, most times they're compatible in one engine. Let me help you here, try putting your "vegetable oil" in a modern engine that requires 5w30 and let us know how it goes.
Re: How Can I Remove Maintenance Required "MAINT REQUIRED" by Nobody: 11:23am On Mar 07, 2017
autotrader2:

Try another comparison, 5w30 and 5w20 are too closely related. Infact, most times they're compatible in one engine. Let me help you here, try putting your "vegetable oil" in a modern engine that requires 5w30 and let us know how it goes.

I will reply based on ur argument which is oil light (and not oil life). When an engine that requires 5w20 is short of oil and the oil light comes on, even if I put 20w50 oil the oil light will go off so far the oil is guaged enough.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Remove Maintenance Required "MAINT REQUIRED" by Kashif(m): 11:26am On Mar 07, 2017
autotrader2:

Mr Kashif, you need to check yourself before throwing out words like ignorant. Even if you reset the oil life and you use the wrong Oil in a sensitive engine, the oil light will still come on.
I'll appreciate it if you exhibit some decorum, and stop using uncouth words just because you have attempted to rebuild a transmission in the past. I'm done here

It is better for you.

OP mentioned his vehicle. Does it have one of your 'sensitive engines'? He asked a simple question - how do I clear my service reminder? Did he say he cleared it and it came back? No! You want to sell oil, so you direct him to your shop. Greenhulk tried to correct you with all the decorum he could muster but, you were the one who designed this engine so, we must swallow your solution.

You are simply either ignorant on this matter, or mischievous. People like you fling my decorum outta the window!

6 Likes

Re: How Can I Remove Maintenance Required "MAINT REQUIRED" by autotrader2: 11:44am On Mar 07, 2017
Kashif:

It is better for you.

OP mentioned his vehicle. Does it have one of your 'sensitive engines'? He asked a simple question - how do I clear my service reminder? Did he say he cleared it and it came back? No! You want to sell oil, so you direct him to your shop. Greenhulk tried to correct you with all the decorum he could muster but, you were the one who designed this engine so, we must swallow your solution.

You are simply either ignorant on this matter, or mischievous. People like you fling my decorum outta the window!

You cannot make an argument without insults. I think that's what you thrive on.
If only you had the clarity of thought to think through the first words I wrote to the OP! I said he probably used the wrong Oil. Why not wait for him to confirm that or not.

You seem to be having a bad day and looking for who to take it on.
And for your info, Toyota Oil is recommended by the makers of Venza for use in the Venza engine.
If you don't like it , then you can take that your incorrigible attitude and stick it up your flea infested rear
Re: How Can I Remove Maintenance Required "MAINT REQUIRED" by autotrader2: 11:44am On Mar 07, 2017
Kashif:

It is better for you.

If only you had the clarity of thought to think through the first word I wrote to the OP! I said he probably used the wrong Oil. Why not wait for him to confirm that or not.

And for your info, Toyota Oil is recommended by the makers of Venza for use in the Venza engine.
If you don't like it , then you can take that your incorrigible attitude and stick it up your flea infested rear
Re: How Can I Remove Maintenance Required "MAINT REQUIRED" by autotrader2: 11:51am On Mar 07, 2017
greenhulk:

I will reply based on ur argument which is oil light (and not oil life). When an engine that requires 5w20 is short of oil and the oil light comes on, even if I put 20w50 oil the oil light will go off so far the oil is guaged enough.

No one is talking about oil shortage. When we talk about maintenance it's usually an oil and oil filter change. Don't try to be all over the place.
I have a friend that used Mobil xhp (20w50) on his car ) Volkswagen Touareg) that requires a 5w30. The maintenance/oil light came up. He immediately changed the oil with the required 5w30 and the lights went off. This is a simple issue. I don't get what you are trying to prove by doing unrelated multi scenario analysis.

And I must commend your civil disposition to intellectual arguments.
Re: How Can I Remove Maintenance Required "MAINT REQUIRED" by Nobody: 12:26pm On Mar 07, 2017
autotrader2:

No one is talking about oil shortage. When we talk about maintenance it's usually an oil and oil filter change. Don't try to be all over the place.
I have a friend that used Mobil xhp (20w50) on his car ) Volkswagen Touareg) that requires a 5w30. The maintenance/oil light came up. He immediately changed the oil with the required 5w30 and the lights went off. This is a simple issue. I don't get what you are trying to prove by doing unrelated multi scenario analysis.

And I must commend your civil disposition to intellectual arguments.

Of course I know op was talking about maintenance light which has to do with oil life . But maybe u just might be talking about that little oil light on the dashboard which can come on when engine is short of oil. Anyway op's car is a Toyota venza and definitely not one of ur 'sensitive cars'. Maybe it is so with the Touareg, maybe not I don't know ... But what I have always known the maintenance light always need manual reset whenever it is on. Maybe they have changed that in latest technology I don't know.
Re: How Can I Remove Maintenance Required "MAINT REQUIRED" by autotrader2: 12:53pm On Mar 07, 2017
greenhulk:

Of course I know op was talking about maintenance light which has to do with oil life . But maybe u just might be talking about that little oil light on the dashboard which can come on when engine is short of oil. Anyway op's car is a Toyota venza and definitely not one of ur 'sensitive cars'. Maybe it is so with the Touareg, maybe not I don't know ... But what I have always known the maintenance light always need manual reset whenever it is on. Maybe they have changed that in latest technology I don't know.

And that is the response of someone with class.
I salute you
Re: How Can I Remove Maintenance Required "MAINT REQUIRED" by Nobody: 1:37pm On Mar 07, 2017
autotrader2:

And that is the response of someone with class.
I salute you

But you are ignorant still. Maintance required light in all cars can either be cleared with the trip knobs or with a scanner. The issue of right oil or not is simply ignorance. If the red light showing oil shortage come on, then topping the oil will make the light go away, but then it will go away irrespective of the oil used.
We learn everyday, just read up and stop claiming right. Sensitive engine? What does that even mean? Please which cars have insensitive engines?
@op,
Follow the steps of the poster below to clear the light.

Kashif:

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Remove Maintenance Required "MAINT REQUIRED" by autotrader2: 1:53pm On Mar 07, 2017
Aqva:

But you are ignorant still. Maintance required light in all cars can either be cleared with the trip knobs or with a scanner. The issue of right oil or not is simply ignorance. If the red light showing oil shortage come on, then topping the oil will make the light go away, but then it will go away irrespective of the oil used.
We learn everyday, just read up and stop claiming right. Sensitive engine? What does that even mean? Please which cars have insensitive engines?
@op,
Follow the steps of the poster below to clear the light.

And you're incredibly stupid for jumping in here like that.
I have stated times without number about the substance of what I'm talking about. I won't be surprised if you're Kashif with another moniker. Cannot handle arguments without insults. What a Buffoon. Go learn how to spell maintenance before calling anyone ignorant
Re: How Can I Remove Maintenance Required "MAINT REQUIRED" by Kashif(m): 2:09pm On Mar 07, 2017
autotrader2:

If only you had the clarity of thought to think through the first word I wrote to the OP! I said he probably used the wrong Oil. Why not wait for him to confirm that or not.

grin grin grin grin

I was indeed having a bad day, and thanks for making me laugh, seriously. You really have a knack for detecting imaginary insults. The man even mentioned that he is tired of paying his mechanic 2k each time his vehicle was serviced, to help him clear the reminder. That was routine, and you missed all those! What are we arguing?

Slimchase:

We are talking Toyota Venza here, not Toureg bro! Face the issue on ground without digressions. Just accept you made a mistake, and move on.

My last take in this!

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Remove Maintenance Required "MAINT REQUIRED" by autotrader2: 2:13pm On Mar 07, 2017
Kashif:

grin grin grin grin

I was indeed having a bad day, and thanks for making me laugh, seriously. You really have a knack for detecting imaginary insults. The man even mentioned that he is tired of paying his mechanic 2k each time his vehicle was serviced, to help him clear the reminder. That was routine, and you missed all those! What are we arguing?

We are talking Toyota Venza here, not Toureg bro! Face the issue on ground without digressions. Just accept you made a mistake, and move on.

My last take in this!

At last, a civil reaction from Mr Kashif. Next time you know better than to start an argument with insults.

My apologies to you, but I still maintain you didn't read closely the crux of my argument. Cheers
Re: How Can I Remove Maintenance Required "MAINT REQUIRED" by thegame(m): 2:24pm On Mar 07, 2017
autotrader2:

And you're incredibly stupid for jumping in here like that.
I have stated times without number about the substance of what I'm talking about. I won't be surprised if you're Kashif with another moniker. Cannot handle arguments without insults. What a Buffoon. Go learn how to spell maintenance before calling anyone ignorant

It's disappointing how Nigerian traders behave this way. Please what is the difference between you and the guy's mechanic? So if he had shown up at your store now asking to help clear this light, you would have sold him a new set of engine oil before you cleared for him? Or what exactly? This had nothing to do with oil. I think it's not far from the truth to say Toyota will always be Toyota, no matter the tweaking.
@op, anyway, follow the steps as above, ignition key turning and so on. Same as my Camry whenever I reset it. I used google as guide though. It's pretty easy.
Also, note that even if you service your car at 4,000 miles, and you don't reset it, it will still come up after the remaining 1000 miles out of the 5k if it wasn't reset. Just so u know before another trader tries to cash in on your gullibility. It's not that you should go and do another servicing o, it was cos u didn't reset it earlier

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Remove Maintenance Required "MAINT REQUIRED" by autotrader2: 2:36pm On Mar 07, 2017
thegame:

It's disappointing how Nigerian traders behave this way. Please what is the difference between you and the guy's mechanic? So if he had shown up at your store now asking to help clear this light, you would have sold him a new set of engine oil before you cleared for him? Or what exactly? This had nothing to do with oil. I think it's not far from the truth to say Toyota will always be Toyota, no matter the tweaking.
@op, anyway, follow the steps as above, ignition key turning and so on. Same as my Camry whenever I reset it. I used google as guide though. It's pretty easy.
Also, note that even if you service your car at 4,000 miles, and you don't reset it, it will still come up after the remaining 1000 miles out of the 5k if it wasn't reset. Just so u know before another trader tries to cash in on your gullibility. It's not that you should go and do another servicing o, it was cos u didn't reset it earlier

Cheers.

I strongly object to your categorization. Why is it that people don't read closely before making any arguments about issues?
Go to my first post, I said the OP probably used the wrong Oil. Why not allow him to clarify that before jumping into conclusions.
I don't care if you have a Venza or Lexus or whatever, if you put in some Vegetable oil, you will have those lights on your dashboard. I only tried to let the OP know that the recommended Oil for his Venza is the Toyota Motor Oil. Do you have a problem with that?
Re: How Can I Remove Maintenance Required "MAINT REQUIRED" by diportivo: 3:28pm On Mar 07, 2017
Na wa o

Its a jungle out here

Marketing isn't for the feeble hearted grin

5 Likes

Re: How Can I Remove Maintenance Required "MAINT REQUIRED" by mejai(m): 3:42pm On Mar 07, 2017
diportivo:
Na wa o
Its a jungle out here
Marketing isn't for the feeble hearted grin
A real jungle bro.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Remove Maintenance Required "MAINT REQUIRED" by thegame(m): 11:16pm On Mar 07, 2017
autotrader2:

I don't care if you have a Venza or Lexus or whatever, if you put in some Vegetable oil, you will have those lights on your dashboard. I only tried to let the OP know that the recommended Oil for his Venza is the Toyota Motor Oil. Do you have a problem with that?

Now, I think we have a misunderstanding here. it's either you are missing the point, or you are mistaken or you are deliberately trying to misinform others. You see, I don't know and I am not sure about other brands but MAINT REQD light will never come up on a TOYOTA as a result of wrong oil. It has to do with mileage of servicing and should be reset at every service. Check Engine and other lights may pop up but this particular MAINT REQD in a TOYOTA has nothing to do with type of oil. That's what most people here are tying to point out to you. But it seems you care more more about being right than corrected.
Re: How Can I Remove Maintenance Required "MAINT REQUIRED" by Nobody: 11:39pm On Mar 07, 2017
thegame:

Now, I think we have a misunderstanding here. it's either you are missing the point, or you are mistaken or you are deliberately trying to misinform others. You see, I don't know and I am not sure about other brands but MAINT REQD light will never come up on a TOYOTA as a result of wrong oil. It has to do with mileage of servicing and should be reset at every service. Check Engine and other lights may pop up but this particular MAINT REQD in a TOYOTA has nothing to do with type of oil. That's what most people here are tying to point out to you. But it seems you care more more about being right than corrected.

Thank u. We all got tired of trying to explain to him.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Remove Maintenance Required "MAINT REQUIRED" by Slimchase(m): 1:32am On Mar 08, 2017
autotrader2:

I used Mobil 1, 5w 30 as indicated on d oil cap.
Thanks.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Car Parked On Top Of A Roof Of A House In Ibadan (photo) / Let's Talk Nissan Altima 2002 / What Are The Causes Of Engine Oil Shortages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.