Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,301 members, 7,954,197 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:02 PM

How Can I Remove Maintenance Required "MAINT REQUIRED" - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Can I Remove Maintenance Required "MAINT REQUIRED" (3381 Views)

Maintenance Required Light On Rx350 / How Do I Remove This Wheel Lock No Key Came With Car / Maintenance Required Light Blinks For Some Seconds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Remove Maintenance Required "MAINT REQUIRED" by Slimchase(m): 1:37am On Mar 08, 2017
autotrader2:

Not in all cars. When you use the wrong Oil in some sensitive engines you get that light on the dashboard. Why not allow the OP to confirm the type of oil he used. Your own car might have tolerance to "vegetable oil" and it works great....I doubt that

I always use Mobil 1 oil 5w30 as indicated on d oil cap.
Re: How Can I Remove Maintenance Required "MAINT REQUIRED" by Slimchase(m): 1:42am On Mar 08, 2017
Kashif:

Your ignorance level no get rival. It is repugnant to say the very least! You can clear that light at will, even if you dont change the oil. It is better to be quiet than pass misleading info. Is that how you market?

OP, press the odometer button to get to trip A. Switch the ignition off. Then, while holding the button down, switch ignition on (without starting the engine) the trip reading will show ------ and the "maintenance reqd" blinking. Hold it down until the dashes disappear. The light will reset, waiting for the next 5,000 miles.

Thanks bro..... U re a real car guru.
It works perfectly. I will buy u a drink next time we see #Dalu !!!
Re: How Can I Remove Maintenance Required "MAINT REQUIRED" by Slimchase(m): 2:01am On Mar 08, 2017
thegame:

It's disappointing how Nigerian traders behave this way. Please what is the difference between you and the guy's mechanic? So if he had shown up at your store now asking to help clear this light, you would have sold him a new set of engine oil before you cleared for him? Or what exactly? This had nothing to do with oil. I think it's not far from the truth to say Toyota will always be Toyota, no matter the tweaking.
@op, anyway, follow the steps as above, ignition key turning and so on. Same as my Camry whenever I reset it. I used google as guide though. It's pretty easy.
Also, note that even if you service your car at 4,000 miles, and you don't reset it, it will still come up after the remaining 1000 miles out of the 5k if it wasn't reset. Just so u know before another trader tries to cash in on your gullibility. It's not that you should go and do another servicing o, it was cos u didn't reset it earlier

Cheers.

Thanks bro..... #Dalu !!!
Re: How Can I Remove Maintenance Required "MAINT REQUIRED" by autotrader2: 7:02am On Mar 08, 2017
thegame:

Now, I think we have a misunderstanding here. it's either you are missing the point, or you are mistaken or you are deliberately trying to misinform others. You see, I don't know and I am not sure about other brands but MAINT REQD light will never come up on a TOYOTA as a result of wrong oil. It has to do with mileage of servicing and should be reset at every service. Check Engine and other lights may pop up but this particular MAINT REQD in a TOYOTA has nothing to do with type of oil. That's what most people here are tying to point out to you. But it seems you care more more about being right than corrected.

When you clearly state your case as you have done, I listen and judge it on its merits. However, when you start the argument with insults and uncouth words, I reserve the right to reply in same manner. I also ask you to read carefully what I wrote before you start replying to any post. Go back to my posts, I clearly stated that engine lights would include maintenance/oil lights. And I also made it clear that what I was talking about included cars that don't have oil life counter, including Toyotas. Read first before trying to spew your preconceived notions
Re: How Can I Remove Maintenance Required "MAINT REQUIRED" by autotrader2: 7:03am On Mar 08, 2017
Slimchase:

I used Mobil 1, 5w 30 as indicated on d oil cap.
Thanks.

Thank you for clarifying. End of story
Re: How Can I Remove Maintenance Required "MAINT REQUIRED" by Nobody: 8:17am On Mar 08, 2017
autotrader2:

Thank you for clarifying. End of story

Shebi we told u the type of oil used has nothing to do with maintenance required light.
Re: How Can I Remove Maintenance Required "MAINT REQUIRED" by autotrader2: 9:19am On Mar 08, 2017
greenhulk:

Shebi we told u the type of oil used has nothing to do with maintenance required light.

Context! Understand context and everything should be good. Your post shows you clearly missed the line of argument
Re: How Can I Remove Maintenance Required "MAINT REQUIRED" by Readonee35L(m): 10:03am On Mar 08, 2017
greenhulk:

Lol. That light comes on after a pre set mileage, it won't disappear on its own by just using the right oil, it I'll need to be reset manually.

That guy just one sell oil jaree
Re: How Can I Remove Maintenance Required "MAINT REQUIRED" by diportivo: 12:37pm On Mar 08, 2017
Readonee35L:

That guy just one sell oil jaree

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Can I Remove Maintenance Required "MAINT REQUIRED" by Nobody: 7:10am On Mar 19, 2017
autotrader2:

And you're incredibly stupid for jumping in here like that.
I have stated times without number about the substance of what I'm talking about. I won't be surprised if you're Kashif with another moniker. Cannot handle arguments without insults. What a Buffoon. Go learn how to spell maintenance before calling anyone ignorant

I'm more intelligent than your ancestors from inception to your unborn generations combined. You have the IQ of a sheep. It's your type that comes out of the class first, claiming you killed the course while in reality you wrote out of point and scored zero.
Move on olodo. We've tried enough for you. Ignorance kills.
Re: How Can I Remove Maintenance Required "MAINT REQUIRED" by autotrader2: 11:37am On Mar 19, 2017
Aqva:

I'm more intelligent than your ancestors from inception to your unborn generations combined. You have the IQ of a sheep. It's your type that comes out of the class first, claiming you killed the course while in reality you wrote out of point and scored zero.
Move on olodo. We've tried enough for you. Ignorance kills.

You're so intelligent that you cannot spell maintenance! To top it all, you don't even know how to use punctuation in a sentence.

I think my last reply effectively boxed you in the cone of irredeemable stupidity. Stew in that grin
Re: How Can I Remove Maintenance Required "MAINT REQUIRED" by Nobody: 4:48pm On Mar 29, 2017
autotrader2:

You're so intelligent that you cannot spell maintenance! To top it all, you don't even know how to use punctuation in a sentence.

I think my last reply effectively boxed you in the cone of irredeemable stupidity. Stew in that grin

Your stupidity knows no bounds. Any sane person would have secretly gone to google to look for answers. You are an auto trader? Wrong profession, a garage tout is what an imp like you should be.
Re: How Can I Remove Maintenance Required "MAINT REQUIRED" by autotrader2: 5:56pm On Mar 29, 2017
Aqva:

Your stupidity knows no bounds. Any sane person would have secretly gone to google to look for answers. You are an auto trader? Wrong profession, a garage tout is what an imp like you should be.

I see you have secretly taken my advice, to brush up on your spelling and punctuation.

Aqva.... A Quack Vehicle Analyst..... literally grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please How Much Would This Car Worth?? / How I Was Impersonated By Legalo / Enough Been Said On (manufacturer Engine Oil)5w 20, 5w 30, 0w 40 ,10w 40, 5w 40

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.