Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,750 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

Orisas Possession ~ Divine Possession - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Orisas Possession ~ Divine Possession (813 Views)

Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? / The Divine Pattern Of Wealth Transfer In The Last Days - Joseph Prince Sermon / Hot 20 Prayer Points For Divine Mercy And Favour You Should Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Orisas Possession ~ Divine Possession by Babalawos(m): 7:55am On Mar 07, 2017
Orunmila is the only divinity that can be invoked to advise without being possessed. That is mainly because he was first and foremost, the wisdom divinity of the divinosphere from the beginning of existence.

The second reason Is that he was the last of the divinities to return on his own free-will to heaven. He did not die like the others did but merely climbed the tree of life to lapse into eternity.

For the other divinities, they can only truly divine by taking over the ordinary senses of their servants or priests and talking to people through them.

When the ordinary divine priest is possessed, he or she can foretell past, present and future events in the usual way because the person is no longer in charge of his own senses. As soon as the Priest is de-possessed, he or she cannot remember a word what he or she said under the spell of divine possession.

The most common divinities known to West Africa who divine by possession are Ogun, Sango, Osun, Osanyin, Obalifon, Obaluwaye, Ake, lrewe, Ovia or Osa, Okhuaihe, Olokun, Oya, Eziza or Ajija and so on.

In addition to involuntary possession, the divinity is usually invoked by beating drums or gongs or maracas or an ensemble of all the three musical instruments.

As soon as the instrumental music, sometimes accompanied by vocal music builds up to crescendo, the allegro comes when the priest gets possessed and gives thanks to God for creating the divinity that ordained him or her as a priest and for creating the earth on which he or she stands. Divination by possession then begins.

Thank you for reading, leave a comment

Babalawo

Re: Orisas Possession ~ Divine Possession by Nobody: 7:55am On Mar 07, 2017
Good write-up
Re: Orisas Possession ~ Divine Possession by Babalawos(m): 8:24am On Mar 07, 2017
Thank you

coolesmile:
Good write-up
Re: Orisas Possession ~ Divine Possession by Christane: 1:52pm On Mar 07, 2017
sir ..how can i get in contact wit you?
Re: Orisas Possession ~ Divine Possession by Babalawos(m): 4:07pm On Mar 07, 2017
Aboru Aboye

You can contact me through my website www.nativedoctor.ml or through my Facebook page: www.facebook.com/Ifapriests

Babalawos

Christane:
sir ..how can i get in contact wit you?

(1) (Reply)

Allah Is Not Real, He Was Imagined By Muhammad Just Like Amadioha - Mubarak Bala / Huge Derby Called Off Over Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Crusade In Zimbabwe / Best Graduate Of OPM Free School Receives 2 Bedroom Flat And 1 Bedroom Flat.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.