Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,296 members, 7,811,887 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:19 PM

Only The Mother Knows... - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Only The Mother Knows... (939 Views)

Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) / Amanda The Mother. A Touching Story / God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only The Mother Knows... by horlahmieh(m): 11:45am On Mar 07, 2017
-----------------------prologue---------------------------------------------------------------------------
The martins family was a very happy family before tragedy struck. the tragedy destroyed the peace, joy and happiness in the family. a once happy family turned to a sad one. the martins family consists of the father, Mr. Adewale Martins, his wife-Henrietta Martins, their children, Mike, Martha, Mark and Annabelle.
there is no sadness than being told that one's progenies are not actually the fruits of one's loins. Martins was sad when he was told that all his four children were not actually his. the children he had labored and suffered for were not his. so sad and pathetic. he didnt know what to do when he was told. he trusted his wife. he knew his wife couldn't do such. he made up his mind to ask his wife.
every 4th of april was always a special day in the martins family. a special and happy day for them, but this year's 4th of april turned out to be a sad and not-forget-so soon day.
Re: Only The Mother Knows... by horlahmieh(m): 11:52am On Mar 07, 2017
*************************************************************************************************************************** my name horlah, i am nigerian and am new in nairaland. am a writer of fiction and true life stories. i write for fun and sometimes for passion.this is my first story on nairaland and also my first day on nairaland. i was shown this site by my runaway brother jayhaywhy, he's also a writer here.
stay tuned for the rest of the story...
thanks...

and lest i forget,
the normal protocols
this is a work of fiction and solely belongs to the author(me)... no part of this story should be copied in whole or part without the prior permission of the author. contact me on 08143607037. thanks nd dont mention....

comments and criticisms are allowed pls.
dont just read without passing any comment or critics.
na human being i be, we dey do mistakes, so abeg i stand to be corrected anytime.
mention and share if possible.
thanks once again

holy shi... i talk too much
*lips sealed*....peace out grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Only The Mother Knows... by horlahmieh(m): 11:58am On Mar 07, 2017
***************************************************************************************************************************

Chapter One ****************************************************************
Flashback...******************35 years Ago**************************
“Waiter, please come” martins called on the waiter.
The boss restaurant is one of the finest and the best in the University of Ibadan. It stands at the rear end of the S.U.B Building that is right in front of the sport complex. The restaurant is a reserved big building with facilities to relish one’s bread basket. Affordable foods sociable and convivial waiter and congenial services at their disposal. That’s why student troop in and out of the place like soldiers in the ant family.
“Here I am sir” the waiter replied chivalrously.
“Serve me a plate of rice with just two meat and a bottle of sprite to top it up.” He ordered.
“Ok sir, will be back in a jiffy.”
While waiting for his meal, he brought out his phone to call his friend.
“MJ, how far?”
“Bad guy, I’m cool, what’s popping now?”
“Nothing oo, just chilling at The Boss restaurant, I’m so tired, had a hectic day today. Imagine conducting an impromptu test just because we didn’t answer a question.” He said.
“What? that’s cruel, who does that?”
“I was surprised and pissed off. I didn’t expect it.”
“Best of luck dude. I know you’ll scale through.”
“I pray so. Are you at home.”
“Yes, but I will soon be off to somewhere.”
“Where are you going?”
“I want to go see someone. And I will be back late.”
“If you come back late, you will have to sleep outside because I will not open the door for a night crawler.”

“If you don’t want what happened in 1960 to repeat itself, I…” he was cut short.
“what happened in 1960.”
“If you want to know, lock the door and I would repeat it for you.”
“It’s your problem, I don’t care.”
“I have to go now. I’m running late. Bye “
“Bye, troublesome boy”
“Stubborn boy. Don’t forget to get my own takeaway oo. Just get me plantain chips and a chicken lap with a ‘Don Simon’ drink.”
“I’ve heard you.”
After the call, he began to munch his food with relish. The waiter had brought it when he was on the phone with his friend. Midway through his meal, he noticed a young lady sitting at the extreme end of the north eastern side of the restaurant. The lady put her head on the table, but at that when Martins saw her, she had raised her heads up. She was wiping something off her face and also sniffing. “Maybe she is crying”. He had thought. “Or she has catarrh.”
Suddenly a strange feeling cut across his mind. He didn’t understand the feeling. He had never experienced that kind of feeling ever since he was born. It was like butterflies were flying in his stomach. He felt like he was in paradise. He felt like he was being relieved of a great sickness. He felt a little pain at his rib, but the pain was filled with pleasure. He fell in love instantly.
Love? He barely knew the lady and he had fallen in love with her. What kind of love would that be called? Or was it Lust? No, it couldn’t be lust, the feelings he had was way past that of lust. He didn’t understand the feeling. Anyone it turned out to be, he was determined to explore and enjoy it.

to be continued…

horlah
Re: Only The Mother Knows... by BlackDBagba: 12:10pm On Mar 07, 2017
Go on... smiley
Re: Only The Mother Knows... by horlahmieh(m): 12:19pm On Mar 07, 2017
thanks bro
Re: Only The Mother Knows... by Nobody: 12:26pm On Mar 07, 2017
Okay... Following
Re: Only The Mother Knows... by horlahmieh(m): 12:35pm On Mar 07, 2017
chapter two coming soon.
Re: Only The Mother Knows... by horlahmieh(m): 12:48pm On Mar 07, 2017
Jadonjack:
Okay... Following

pls mention and share amongst ur friend.

invite them to read
Re: Only The Mother Knows... by xaviercasmir(m): 1:44pm On Mar 07, 2017
following
Re: Only The Mother Knows... by sirblero(m): 11:14pm On Mar 07, 2017
*goes to a sooth-sayer and ask..."baba...will this story be a good story"
*baba inchants ..and see the future...turns to sirblero and says.. "ogbeni...my son...this one na SURE TICKET..STAY GLUED AND FOLLOW UP"

#comes back to the thread....and grabs two seats for himself and elajrita .... #nice story boss...keep it coming..am sure this one will last!!
Re: Only The Mother Knows... by ElajRita(f): 7:10am On Mar 08, 2017
sirblero:
*goes to a sooth-sayer and ask..."baba...will this story be a good story"

*baba inchants ..and see the future...turns to sirblero and says..
"ogbeni...my son...this one na SURE TICKET..STAY GLUED AND FOLLOW UP"

#comes back to the thread....and grabs two seats for himself and elajrita ....
#nice story boss...keep it coming..am sure this one will last!!

oya shift make I siddon , where the guguru??
Re: Only The Mother Knows... by horlahmieh(m): 1:28pm On Mar 09, 2017
*************************************************continuation****************************************************************
"excuse me young lady, do you mind if i sit here with you?"
"suit yourself." she replied head bent.
"what makes a young beautiful damsel like you sit here all alone crying."
"what makes you think i'm crying?" she asked, this time raising her head to see the person in her front.
seeing the face of the young man, she also felt a strong feeling towards him, but he was a stranger. she never saw him before. she didn't even know his name. she had a feeling that she was in love with the young man but she couldn't express it. not at first meeting and definitely not in a restaurant. she made up her mind to express her feelings later but she has to play hard to get first so she won't look cheap.
"hello lady." she was snapped out of her reverrie.
"what are you thinking about." he asked
"it's none of your business." she was beginning to play her game.
"that's harsh, i just asked as a concerned human being. you shoudn't have answered me in that way."
"like i care, look mr...?"
"Martins. My name is Martins and i'm a student of.." he was cut short.
"Mr whatever you call your name, i don't care about your biography, this is a democratic nation, everyone has right to his/her own privacy. i don't think i owe you any explanation about my self or well being, so please if you don't mind, kindly excuse me." she stood up wanting to go.
"hey young lady, i never intend to intrude into your personal life, but like i said earlier, i was just asking like a concerned young man."
"you had better keep that to yourself."
He held her hand, preventing her from leaving.
"i came here to confess my profound love for you, i was mesmerized by your pure beauty, i fell for you at first sight. i have never experienced this kind of feeling before, i will be glad if you could accept my humble heart and make it yours." he said to her holding her hand and kneeling down.
She was loving this game. inside her, she felt like hugging and kissing him instantly, but she need to play her game well so as not to appear cheap. She was blushing inside her but she needs to be in her best act.
"excuse me young man, what kind of embarrassment are you causing here, wooing me without even knowing me before, i barely know and this is my first time seeing you on this cam..." she was cut short.
"all those doesn't matter, all that matters now is you accepting my proposal. i don't care what the world would think about me, i only care about you.
she was already fallen for him or rather she had fell for him. so as not to spoil her game. she walked out on him.
"i'm sorry young man, but i'm not one of those chicks you chase around and if you don't mind, kindly excuse me. i have lot of things to sort out. she said leaving him on his kneels.
everyone in the restaurant had turned their attentions to them. he was embarrassed but happy that he was able to express his feelings for the girl. though he didn't know what took over him but he loved it. he loved the girl's boldness. the kind of lady he liked. he would still trace the girl, he thought but how? no address or contact. he didn't even know the girl's name. is this going to be the end? he would do anything possible to make the lady his. come what may, he was determined already. only time would tell if he would be successful in his quest to find the girl. He left the restaurant after paying his bills but he forgot to buy his friends takeaway.
*************************************************************************************************************************
to be continued
horlah.
Re: Only The Mother Knows... by horlahmieh(m): 1:29pm On Mar 09, 2017
ElajRita:

oya shift make I siddon , where the guguru??

chop guguru while reading the update.
e don land gidigba.
enjoy
Re: Only The Mother Knows... by horlahmieh(m): 1:30pm On Mar 09, 2017
chapter two coming soon.

stay tuned

horlah grin grin grin wink wink wink cheesy cheesy
Re: Only The Mother Knows... by sirblero(m): 11:00pm On Mar 09, 2017
thanks for the your update...
more ideas I pray from the divine source... #following...
Re: Only The Mother Knows... by horlahmieh(m): 11:08am On Mar 27, 2017
sorry guys, been busy with exams

gonna make it up to you

(1) (Reply)

Never Fall In Love - A Story (in Chapters) / Top Notch Writing Services !!! / Check Out This Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.