Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" (11455 Views)

Nobody Knows Tomorrow / Who Knows A Site I Can Buy Books From? / Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by frozenvictor(m): 1:26am On Sep 27, 2017
Hello Everyone
please this is my first broadcast series, I hope you all find it interesting

Episode 1

Ten years of hard suffering ended but it leaves a remarkable mark on the beholder. Looking back at the tales from the regretful events that almost took his life...
       He thought of what to do, no money but big plans
Perfect relationship but hardship. Akanni went home bombarded with thoughts of how to win her back. 
"Grin "grin "grin (phone rings)
Akanni - Hello
Aduke - How are you?
Akanni - Am fine, how was work?
Aduke - I didn't go to work
Akanni - Are you sick again?
Aduke - *Angry* Are you crazy? Why would you make such statement?
*Drops call*
Akanni was lost; the Aduke he knew was gone. 
Why isn't life fair to him?
Most of his friends had progress, he is becoming a joke.
Even the girlfriend he loves most has turn on him.
"Grin "grin "grin (phone rings)
Akanni - Hello sis
Ajoke - Egbon (meaning Elder Brother)
Akanni - Hope no problem? I already told you i'll be coming this evening.
Ajoke - There is problem, Mom and Dad finally push through with the Separation. 
Akanni - What I thought I spoke with them last week?
Ajoke - It was finalize today, so please be around in the evening. Bye.
Akanni - Bye.
*Call ended*
Akanni begins to cry; everything around him is collapsing and he is helpless, he decided to change his cloth and prepare for his journey back home. While packing; his eyes caught the tip of the rope that he has been comtemplating on using to ended everything, That's when it Happened... Rope tied and stool pushed...
But before the end, starts the beginning... Akanni's Landlord push the door open. Saved him and hand over the letter.
Letter tagged : "YOUR CASE IS DIFFERENT"

What's inside the letter       

To be continued...

Note: suicide isn't the answer to anything. If you die, you didn't die alone; a lot of people die with you - Omotayo Victor

My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for. - 2pac Shakur

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by frozenvictor(m): 12:28pm On Sep 28, 2017
GOD KNOWS TOMORROW "OLORUNMOLA"

Episode 2

A family portrait hanging on the wall close to the T.V, while the home theater kept making harmonious sound of Alagbada Ina by Nathaniel bassy. Everything seems orderly and neat as Ajoke kept on cleaning the living room. Just before she could turn and place another family portrait which she was holding; her mom came in, looking all stressed but beautiful.
Ajoke : Èkáábò mà (Welcome)
Mrs Lola (now miss Lola) : how are you?
Ajoke : am fine, how is work?
Mrs Lola : We thank God, what of Akanni?
Ajoke : he isn't home yet and....
*Akanni entered*
Ajoke jumped on him, she couldn't hide the feeling of having her brother back home. She miss him a lot.
Akanni : Ekáásàn mà (Good Afternoon) *Akanni prostrated*
Mrs Lola : káábò òmò mi (welcome my son)
After several greetings which , Akanni went in with his mom to discuss what really happened. Mrs Lola explained  without leaving anything out; Akanni could felt her pain but couldn't judge her actions, he hugged his mom and talk her to sleep.
      Finally, he was alone in his room and thoughts of the whole days kept rush in his brain. He couldn't fantom what really cause him to propose suicide because after all the problem, he still has a home to return to "his mom and sister". Night slips in; but Akanni couldn't sleep, all that he could think of was the letter the landlord gave him. Although; he hasn't opened it yet because the landlord was extremely furious when he gave him but the mood he met him in was unprecedented. After giving much thoughts, he decided to open the letter. Hours passed; Akanni was still awake and sweating profusely, he couldn't find the letter anywhere...where could it be? *he became confused*

*Where could the letter be?*

*Note: whatever happens in your life or family, don't let it weakens you but strengthen you for greater good - Omotayo Victor*

*All I'm trying to do is survive and make good out of the dirty, nasty, unbelievable lifestyle that they gave me. - 2pac Shakur*

2 Likes

Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by YINKS89(m): 7:31pm On Sep 28, 2017
Ull do well... With d intro bt consistency is the key thou. Kip up d good work.

2 Likes

Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by frozenvictor(m): 9:01pm On Sep 28, 2017
YINKS89:
Ull do well... With d intro bt consistency is the key thou. Kip up d good work.

Thank you sir

1 Like

Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by frozenvictor(m): 11:27pm On Sep 28, 2017
God knows tomorrow " Olorunmola " 

Episode 3

Everyone's dream is to be better and greater than their parents but less people really do get there *Athira read out*. She couldn't figure what the quote meant;Athira has been an achiever all her life, every one of her steps always yield success. Although; this took her mind off for few minutes she became bothered again, all she could think about was the strange letter that she picked up at the garage She had ask around for the owner but to no avail, for it only had five inscriptions "Your Case Is Different" and a name at the far edge of the envelope "Akanni".
     *Athira got home*
Athira : Mom!
*Mrs Duke entered*
 Mrs Duke : bàà wò nì (how are you)
Athira : Am fine Mom, hope Dad is back?
   Mrs Duke ignored the question; she always avoid questions concerning Dr. Duke, their marriage has been up in the hills but they couldn't let go because of Athira. She would be torn apart, and they love her too much to risk it.

Athira : Mom, I have a question 
Mrs Duke : Am listening 
Athira : If you ever pick up something simple and small but your mind keep telling you that it’s might be very important to someone, what would you do?
Mrs Duke : uhhhhmm! I'll find every means to return it to the rightful owner. 
Athira : that's right Mom *sign*
Mrs Duke: why do you ask?
Athira : the thought of something similar just came to my mind
Mrs Duke : Okay, At least change your outfit miss questionnaire;  Dinner is in the kitchen. I cooked your favourite.
Athira : Thanks Mom
 *She hugged her Mom and left for her room*

Athira thought about what her mom said and she decided to visit the garage again the next day.

Meanwhile; Akanni haven't rested for the whole day, he kept on searching for where he could have misplaced the letter. After searching the whole luggage again, he decide to take a visit to the garage the next day.

Will they met?
Will the letter be recovered?

*To be Continued...*

*What seems valueless to you might be the source of someone's happiness, always learn to give back what isn't yours - Omotayo Victor*

*‎The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. The fears are paper tigers. You can do anything you decide to do. You can act to change and control your life; and the procedure, the process is its own reward.
- Amelia Earhart*

1 Like

Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by frozenvictor(m): 11:32am On Sep 30, 2017
Episode 4
Kwara might be a rural state to many people but that's not the case if you had ever been there, expecially Ilorin. Those who have had the experience wouldn't say otherwise. It wasn't hard for Akanni to navigate his way through the roads and street, given the fact that he was born there. Jumping from one cab to another, the only difficulty he had was getting a cab from Gaa-akanbi roundabout to Sawmill garage. It can be quite difficult even as early as possible. Akanni kept on praying and wishing that the letter would be recovered.
Meanwhile Athira had woke to one of the best surprise she always get whenever her father is around; Mr Duke had made her breakfast, All she could do was blush on her well laid mattress in her Cinderella arranged Bedroom.
Athira : Good morning Dad
Mr Duke : Good morning Baby
Athira : *Smiles* Dad, you know am not a baby anymore and you don't have to do this every time.
Mr Duke : *laughs* you will always be my baby also you can't break a father and daughter tradition, you and I know that I can't stop this. It makes me happy
Athira : *she hugged her dad* I love you Dad
Mr. Duke : I love you more
Immediately her father left; all she could think of was the letter, she rush down to the bathroom and clean herself up. Within 30 minutes she was done, she grabs her car key and drove out. Staying close to Government house might be quite far but she knew the roads too well, overtaking and speeding through the traffic she made her way to the garage.
Lots of chattering and car horns sounds filled the air, Akanni couldn't recover anything from the drivers. Most of them are rather not accommodating nor friendly enough to exercise patience and listen to his plea. Hours passed, Akanni was already stressed out and hunger has turned on his anger; just before he could slips himself through a moving crowd, Athira's car pulled over and soak him with water from a small drainage by the roadside. He couldn't hold his anger as he began to torment Athira with words, Athira pleaded but he wouldn't listen. He was completely pissed; Athira couldn't hold the embarrassment as she cried back into her car. And she drove off. But before she moved; Akanni noticed his letter on the right front seat, he called out to her but she was already driving out of sight. He called up a bike man and chase after her, he kept calling but to no avail.
Athira kept on driving and she never looked back till she got home, she couldn't bear what just happened to her. She cried and cried till she slept off. Akanni lost sight of her; he was pissed at himself for losing control of his temper out in the open. he boarded a taxi; Fortunately, he was about closing the door when someone stopped him and gave him a business card that was mistakenly dropped by Athira.
Stranger : I have noticed you since you got here, I believe you are good man. So find her and apologize, she deserved that much.
Akanni : Thank you so much Sir.
*Taxi driver cuts in*
Taxi driver : Sé énlò, àbì kìlõdé (Are you going or what)
Akanni : Émàbìnù (Am sorry), let's go.
*ilorin cab guys ehn*
*They are warriors*
*Will Athira Yield to Akanni's plea*
*To be continued...*
*Whatever situation you find yourself, Anger isn't the solution. It doesn't reduce anything but escalate it - Omotayo Victor*
*If you are patient in one moment of anger, you will escape a hundred days of sorrow.- Chinese Proverb*
*It is wise to direct your anger towards problems -- not people; to focus your energies on answers -- not excuses. - William Arthur Ward*
*Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret.- Ambrose Bierce*

1 Like

Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by YINKS89(m): 5:07pm On Sep 30, 2017
Mehn m enjoying dis piece thumbs up Bt pls update often

1 Like

Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by frozenvictor(m): 10:00pm On Oct 02, 2017

Episode 5

More than how we treat life sometimes, life tends to treat us better. Akanni  might have made the biggest mistake of his life by embarrassing Athira but life gave him an opportunity to make better his wrong. He couldn't think of how to approach her without getting dismissed. Then he decided to visit one of his old friends.

Athira haven't thought about what to do about the letter, even with all the embarrassment that she got. She decided to fill her memories with better things, she picked up her phone and place a call to her closest friend.
*Phone ringing*
Tima: Hey Athira
Athira : How have you been?
Tima: Am good, this one that you call me today; hope all is well?
Athira: You have started again with your funny jokes again, why don't you just listen to what I have to say first?
Tima: It isn't my fault, you don't call often unless you are bored
Athira : Coming from someone who is always busy? Where are you joor?
Tima: Am with my fiance or you want to come?
Athira: Hold on, which fiance again?
Tima: It's Bode, the one I came with during Dapxon's wedding last year.
Athira: Oh! Yes, the one with beards? 
Tima: Na you sabi that one oo (only you knows that), at least he has a good job and he drives Range Rover sport.
Athira: Okay then, Text me the address. 
*Call drops*
This should be fun *Athira thought*
*phone beeped'message entered*

*Phone rings*
Bode: Ologbeni (Mister man), I missed your call.
Akanni: Yes, where are you?
Bode: Am at home
Akanni: Are you free?  I need to discuss something with you
Bode: Sure, but my girl is around 
Akanni : No problem, it will only be for few minutes.
Bode : Okay... wait a minute, Tima's Friend just called; why don't we just go out?
Akanni: This is much more important, let's forget that.
Bode: You always complain of being busy and now it's important issues right, I am not taking any excuse from you today.
*call drops*
 Bode is the only friend that is intelligent enough to give a realistic and meaningful advice, Akanni thought over it and decides to give in. He picked up his phone and set to leave.

To be continued...

Is this fate?
What will be the outcome of this?
Will they meet?

*Never let the past hold you back, you were created for a purpose. Let go of the past, live in the present and anticipate the future - Omotayo Victor*

*The only thing a person can ever really do is keep moving forward. Take that big leap forward without hesitation, without once looking back. Simply forget the past and forge toward the future. - Alyson Noel*

1 Like

Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by frozenvictor(m): 10:01pm On Oct 02, 2017
YINKS89:
Mehn m enjoying dis piece thumbs up Bt pls update often

Thanks, really appreciates your comment
hoping for more motivations
Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by YINKS89(m): 10:21pm On Oct 02, 2017
frozenvictor:

Thanks, really appreciates your comment
hoping for more motivations
so far no complaint abt d story juz dat its short.

1 Like

Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by frozenvictor(m): 11:50am On Oct 04, 2017
Episode 6
After an hour; Athira had gotten to Bode's place, Tima had welcome and introduced her once again to Bode. Athira thought Bode would actually be a mediocre but to her surprise, he owns a nice Duplex and three cars with a very good job. Learning so much about him makes her forget all about the letter and what had happened to her the previous day.
On getting to Bode's house; Akanni felt so relieved, he had finally gotten to where he will get a solution. He knocked the gate knowing fully that he could just place a call through to bode just to notify him of his presence. He kept knocking but no response, he couldn't figure why no one was responding also the compound seems too quiet. He decided to give bode a call.
*phone beep*
Bode: Bro, where are you now?
Akanni : I have been knocking your gate for a while or have you left without me?
Bode : Oga (Boss), I am inside... hold on, where are you exactly?
Akanni: Am in front of the duplex opposite Phoenix hotel and tourism.
Bode: No, I left the place long ago... stroll down a little bit, my house is the cream color duplex opposite nokbul guest house.
Akanni : Okay, will beep you soon.
*call drops*
After few minutes of eye-searching, Akanni found bode's place; Bode welcomed him. Akanni couldn't help but envy bode's house and the settings. Bode offer him a drink and they started gisting about old times; but then it occurred to Akanni that bode's fiancee was no where around the house.
Akanni : Bode, where is she now?
Bode: Osuu (Abusive Slang) you just missed her, she left with her friend, they went to visit one of their friends in town.
Akanni : Anyway, I guess that leaves us enough space and time to talk.
Bode: Alright, what's going on?
Akanni narrated the whole story and his predicament with the strange girl; Bode couldn't help but wonder why his friend always creates mistakes for himself everytime. After several comtemplations, they agree on a solution and it seems perfect to Akanni.
This should work *Akanni thought*
Athira got home feeling all fulfilled and happy, she had so much fun hanging out with her friends. She met with her dad at the entrance; she gave him a hug and went in to take a shower. Minutes later; she was on her phone texting. But just before she dropped her phone to sleep; a text came in...
**From_+2347039XXXXXX**
***Hello, I know this might seems invasive and pretty disturbing but I apologize for my childish and extremely unwise behavior. I am Akanni; the guy you met at the garage, I really do regret my actions and I hope we could work something out. Let's have a sit down and talk things through. I hope to hear from you soon. I am really sorry, Thanks***
Athira drops her phone and slept off.
To be continued...
What do you think Athira will do?
What would you do if you are in her shoes?
What will happen?
*Always learn to forgive yourself, analysis your mistakes, work on forgiveness and rebuilding what is lost. Because only then you can have success - Omotayo Victor*
*I have learned, that the person I have to ask for forgiveness from the most is: myself. You must love yourself. You have to forgive yourself, everyday, whenever you remember a shortcoming, a flaw, you have to tell yourself "That's just fine". You have to forgive yourself so much, until you don't even see those things anymore. Because that's what love is like. - C. JoyBell C.

1 Like

Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by oghaledebby(f): 1:32pm On Oct 04, 2017
Good story. Kudos

1 Like

Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by frozenvictor(m): 2:17pm On Oct 06, 2017
Episode 7
The following week was uneventful; Athira had been busy with work, several meetings to attend on behalf of her father. She tried to distance and separate herself from being lonely; she can't have herself thinking about the letter and the messages that she has been getting from Akanni. Though she had wanted to sort it out at times but she keeps getting stuck; she really isn't good at forgiving people and that has always been her weakness.
Today has been a busy, Athira decided to take some time off to rest in her office but it was cut short by Da'sean. It was expected because Athira has already gotten use to Da'sean cutting her off-guard mostly every minutes. Even when she traveled to London for a program, Da'sean has been a serious stalker. Da'sean has been crushing on Athira for a long time; he wanted her for himself, even during their secondary school days he has been dominant and chasing other guys off her back. As always Da'sean came again with his unending proposal which Athira denied again. Athira wasn't ready for marriage, she has really thought about it, all that she always wanted was freedom. "Why don't I take you out for lunch?" Da'sean proposed; "Why not? You always have good taste in choosing a nice restaurant" Athira replied. Da'sean smile mischievously!
It wasn't long drive; Da'sean had decided to choose a close Restaurant because he wanted to impress Athira with their new menu.
"You didn't choose your normal out of town restaurant today?" Athira asked. "Maybe what am looking for is already close by" Da'sean replied.
He found an empty space and quickly drew the chair for her; looking to impress her every seconds they spend together.
An hour passes; Athira was busy with her final piece of Chicken while Da'sean slips his glass of red wine.
"This one that you are slipping wine like a gentleman, hope all is well?" Athira asked.
"You do know that am a perfect gentleman, only that I don't let my things elude me" Da'sean replied smiling.
"Sure; same here,I don't let my things wander around too" Demi jumped in from nowhere. "Demi" Da'sean shouted.
"What? You have always choose her over me; what makes her different?" Demi demanded while standing Akimbo.
"This face looks familiar, have we met somewhere before?" Athira chipped in. She had noticed her earlier while dropping out of her car through the transparent glasses.
"Wow! So you had forgotten me so fast; Anyway am Demi Bamidele" Demi answered
Athira got up and hugged her; Demi wasn't really cool with it but she played along. After several years, she finally met one of the girls that tormented her because of Da'sean. She almost made her leave school; though her memories couldn't bring out the bad deeds that Demi has done to her in the past. She was just happy that she could finally go home. Da'sean already knew that his plans for Athira wouldn't work again the moment Demi showed up.
"Why don't I drop you off at home?" Da'sean offered
"I have a file to pick up at the office and I already texted the driver to pick me up" Athira replied
"That's a good thing, I guess" Demi muttered
Athira took her leave, she didn't have to wait for long before the driver picked her up. On getting home; She met her parent cuddling in the living room. She was surprised at their new founded love.
"You found yourselves, married yourselves and only you understands yourselves" Athira muttered!
"*Laughs* you better find yourself a husband" Mrs Duke replied.
A long day work deserves a well deserved shower; Athira took her night gown and lay back on her bed, she started thinking about herself 'who love her, who she will love'. After giving much thoughts about things; she decided to honour Akanni invitation. Then she texted...
Akanni was sleeping when his phone vibrate and woke him up, he picked it up and saw a text from *Miss Duke* which entails...
*** Call me tomorrow, let's fix a place***
He couldn't believe his eyes; he had been texting her for almost two weeks and she just replied him tonight. He quickly went to take a cold shower and checked again; he started checking for clothes to wear for tomorrow and a perfect gift to appreciate her.
To be continued...
What do you think will happen?
*The scripture says : forgive and you will be forgiven; learn to forgive the people who at a time did you wrong, you might be doing yourself a favour too. - Omotayo Victor*
*Eph 4:32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. - The Bible*

1 Like

Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by frozenvictor(m): 2:18pm On Oct 06, 2017
oghaledebby:
Good story. Kudos

Thanks Boss
Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by YINKS89(m): 3:10pm On Oct 06, 2017
Dnt blame mi Bt like Oliver twist I want more also..... Pls 2 per day wld do abeg biko ejo.

1 Like

Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by frozenvictor(m): 6:59pm On Oct 06, 2017
YINKS89:
Dnt blame mi Bt like Oliver twist I want more also..... Pls 2 per day wld do abeg biko ejo.

just a little time... I will update faster
Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by frozenvictor(m): 7:31pm On Oct 06, 2017

Episode 8

Akanni couldn't sleep throughout the night, it was as if he had gotten one huge investment. He thought of so many things but he wasn't able to figure what gift to give her.
"Asking my sister wouldn't be a bad thing" He said to himself and fortunately for him, his sister entered.

"Ekààrò Egbon (Good morning Big brother), how was your night?" Ajoke asked while entering her brother's room.

"It went as it went jare, Can I ask you something?" Akanni replied.

"Sure, but don't ask me about Aduke again; I know you miss her but it's time that you let go" Ajoke said with a serious face.

"This is actually a different thing and situation entirely" Akanni replied.

Simply asking his sister did him a lot of good; he was able to get a perfect answer and he start planning how to go about it. He composed a text directed to Athira...

**Good morning, I hope you night went well. I would like to know when you will be chance to meet with me, because I don't want to ruin your schedule for th day**
He dropped his phone and went to take his bath.

It has been a good day for Athira already; she had woke up to her father's usual tradition on breakfast, she couldn't ask for a better Father. She got to work early after 7:00am; all her previous contracts and investments had push through and she can enjoy a little freedom. It was at exactly 8:30am that she got the text from Akanni; she wanted to ignore it at first but she remembered that she already made her decision about it. She then replied the text...

*** I should be free around 4pm, call me then***

Just after pressing the send bottom, Da'sean came in again.
"Wow! You are looking pretty today"

"There he goes again with his lies, when will stop all this your play boy things" Athira replied while signing some files on her desk.

"You know it's not true, I might be chased by all but I love only one which is you"

"Hahaha, you can make someone feel so loved but I know you too well. Demi might fall for this, try her"

"Okay, how about we settle this during lunch" Da'sean offered

"Not today, I have a meeting this evening also I have a meeting in 30minutes time" Athira replied and placed a call to her secretary through the intercom.

Da'sean was disappointed; there was nothing that he could do about it. He knew that once she decided on something, it would be a hard to convince her. Athira secretary came in to drop a file for her...

"I thought I had sent this for approval last week" Athira asked her

"Yes ma, it was approved but their instructor said he needs your final approval.

"Okay, wait for it then" Athira instructed.

Meanwhile Da'sean kept staring at thee secretary; he wanted a new prey for his game plan for the day and she fits right in the void. She is beautiful and very eloquent with her words; he admired her but no one could compete with Athira in his heart. Athira gave the file back to her after signing and she was about to leave when Da'sean called out...

"Hello miss, sorrry I didn't catch your name"

"Oh; my mistake sir, I do apologize. My name is Shalom" She answered.

"What a nice name you've got" Da'sean commended while staring lustfully

In his mind he had made a great impression on her and it seems she has fall for his charms. Shalom stepped out; Da'sean gave his goodbyes and left for Shalom. Meanwhile Athira had been busy with her files, she didn't notice all what Da'sean had done or what he is planning. Da'sean met with Shalom almost halfway to her desk...

"Hey shalom"

"Hello Mr Da'sean"

"I hope you don't mind, I want to bother you this evening" Da'sean asked mesmerizing everything about her body

"No Sir, what would you want from me?"

"I would like us to keep a table and some seats occupied at the mall, also I would love it to be drama free" Da'sean requested

"No problem sir, but what kind of drama?" Shalom inquired
"I mean we are mature and I don't like insecure dates, other girls might know me there and be trying to feel themselves. I hope it would be alright" Da'sean said and paused as he awaits shalom's reply

"Oh! It's alright, My boyfriend is actually works there and he might be all loving. I hope it's cool too" Shalom replied bluntly

"Oh!kay, I will get back to you" Da'sean muttered.
Feeling like his plans had failed, he decided to call Demi.

Feeling like everything had been set according to his plan, he can now call her and confirm her coming. Akanni called Athira...
*Phone ringing*

"Hello" Athira answered

"Hi, how are you doing?" Akanni replied feeling really nervous

"Am doing okay"

"That's really good to know, I hope our meeting is still happening"

"Sure, have you choosed a place?" Athira demanded

"Yes, do you know Chicken republic?"

"Yes, I do"

"See you in thirty minutes then, be safe" Akanni replied

"Okay, see you soon" Athira replied and dropped the call.

After waiting for an hour; Akanni grew restless but hopeful, her number isn't going through. Everything he planned was about to go into waste, but the end of everything always becomes the beginning of a new thing. Athira steps in; looking all elegant, not sooner than she enter the light was turned off.

To be continued...

What happened?
Why would the light be turned off?

*To the guys - Always learn to appreciate our ladies, they are to be care for and protected. Because After God, women are most precious creations in our lives. - Omotayo Victor*

*Don't take a good woman for granted, For someday, someone will come along and appreciate what you didn't. - Unknown*

1 Like

Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by YINKS89(m): 8:45pm On Oct 06, 2017
Dis suspense is really killin mi....

1 Like

Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by collinometricx: 11:02am On Oct 08, 2017
saw this today....
BRo u are good...
keep it coming
Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by frozenvictor(m): 4:02pm On Oct 08, 2017
collinometricx:
saw this today....
BRo u are good...
keep it coming

Thanks bro
Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by frozenvictor(m): 8:12pm On Oct 08, 2017

Episode 9

Sometimes we don't really understand what makes us whole until we realize what life's really worth. This is what Akanni realized after making a mistake. Do we have to make a mistake before we learn to correct it? 

Everything seems to be going according to plan.

Athira felt vulnerable in the darkness but she kept her cool, she wouldn't want to freak out over a turned off light. Just then a flash of lights glowed from another direction conveying a message to her... 

**I AM TRULY SORRY** 

Followed by " Cassper Nyovest – Destiny Ft. Goapele"; Akanni had looked up her profile on facebook for her likes and interests. Athira was swept off her feet; she felt love and appreciated, she couldn't have herself thinking of his wrong anymore because his way of apologizing is truly unique and satisfying. She walked up to him...

"Good evening; I am truly impressed but all these for an apology to someone you don't even know" Athira commented

"Welcome; you deserve better than all these, I am really sorry" Akanni answered 

"Oh! I already forgive you, I won't be here if I haven't. Thanks for all these" Athira replied while staring at him, 'He is really handsome' she thought to herself.

"I hope you like the song, I didn't want to choose the wrong song"  Akanni asked

"You really have good taste in music, it is one of my best songs"

"Wow! Now am satisfied, how was work today? Akanni asked but he kept on thinking about the letter; he wanted to ask as fast as he could, also he didn't want to rush her.

Time went by; they had talked about a lot of things and to their surprise, they sure had so many things in common. Right at that moment, Akanni felt it's right to ask about the letter. But just before he asked; Da'sean and Demi stepped in, Demi loving up to Da'sean. Da'sean sighted Athira; he could not control himself but charged towards them with Demi right behind him...

"Hmmm, I love this" Da'sean said directing to no one in particular 

"Da'sean! How did you know that am here, were you following me again" Athira asked looking a little Pissed

"No, he came here with me. And why would he be stalking you when he has me" Demi jumped in

Akanni was a little lost; he wanted to jump into their conversation but he need a direct invite. He just kept looking at them and thinking about his letter. Athira took a minute out to use the convenience while Da'sean and Demi occupied the empty seats on their table. Akanni looked at Da'sean; he was at least expecting a greeting or something closer but he was just acting like Akanni isn't there. Athira got back; she saw that Akanni wasn't feeling to comfortable around them, she decided to find a common interest because Da'sean wouldn't let them be even if she shouted on top of her voice. She remembered one of her experience that almost got a guy beating up.

"Akanni; this is Da'sean and Demi, my friends" Athira said 

"Oh! I actually thought you wanted to kidnap me after all these, I have been planning my escape plan" Akanni replied. It got everyone laughing including Da'sean.

"No, I was thinking we should eat desert first. So you would have enough for the trip" Da'sean stated. 

"Smiles; don't mind him, he is joking" Demi said while gulping Ice-cream. 

"So this is your meeting?" Da'sean asked directing to Athira

"It is or does it look like a Party?"

"No, but maybe we can turn it to one. Just saying" Akanni Chipped in. Demi quickly supported him

"I think I like him better, he has great sense of humour" Da'sean commented.

‎"Who wouldn't" Athira replied. 

The rest of the evening was both hilarious and interesting for everyone; what Athira thought would be disastrous actually turned out to be really fun. About 5 minutes past ten; Athira got a call from her father asking about where she was, it unlike her to stay out later than eight o'clock. That's when she realized that time had really went by; she informed them of her departure. Akanni offered to see her off; Da'sean wanted to interfere but he kept his cool, he had Demi all over him and he kind of like Akanni.

"So I guess the night will end like this, I hope you enjoy yourself" Akanni asked. He was still looking for a way to propose his request for the letter.

"Yes I did and it's all thanks to you, I haven't seen someone who really go well with Da'sean but you did. You are weird, you know "

"I guess I can really be weird then, can I ask you something?" Akanni requested

"Sure, you can"

"There has been this letter that I have been looking for, I sighted it inside your car that day at the garage. It has two inscriptions; *Your case is different* and *Akanni* by the left corner". I hope it's with you because it really means a great deal to me" Akanni asked

"Oh! That letter was for you? I was actually at the garage in order to find it's rightful owner. It's okay though, I have it at home. Let's meet tomorrow, I will bring it for you". Athira replied

"Thank you so much, I hope you have a peaceful sleep ahead"

"Why don't I drop you off?" Athira offered 

"No, it's okay. My place isn't that far and we are directed in a different directions." Akanni replied. 

Akanni gave her a hug, she entered her car and drove off.

Athira got home around 10:30pm; she met her father waiting for her by the door, she had expected him to be asleep or inside his room already. He hug her and they went inside the house.

"Welcome my daughter, you are never late what happen to you" Mr Duke asked

"I was on a date and we lost track of time" 

"Wow! You are always against going on a date, this guy must be special" Mr Duke replied jokingly 

"Maybe Yes, Maybe No; Only God knows" Athira replied playfully 

They were about checking into their various rooms when a loud noise draws them back. "It might be the next building" Athira's father assured her. But it wasn't because they were about to be robbed; they came in forcefully; hijacked Mr. Duke by the neck and made Athira lay on the ground. It was much of an argument because they weren't actually there to steal but to kill, they had mistook Mr Duke for another. Fortunately, the neighborhood was already on high alert. This made the law enforcement agents standby within the vicinity; before the intruders gain their stand in Athira's home, the police sirens were closing in on them. The intruders made to leave but one decided to take the closest shot facing Athira. Mr Duke rushed towards his daughter; he couldn't afford a shot on her while the gateman also rush towards the intruder but in a second, the shot was made.‎

To be continued...

Who got the shot?
Or Did everyone escaped? 

*If you don't learn from the past mistakes of others, you will end up experiencing worst pain than theirs. - Omotayo Victor*

*If you don't learn by instructions, you will end up learning by afflictions - Apostle J.S Oluyemi(jp)*‎

1 Like

Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by YINKS89(m): 11:37pm On Oct 08, 2017
M guessing d gate man....

1 Like

Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by collinometricx: 7:34am On Oct 09, 2017
oshey baddest...

nice update

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by frozenvictor(m): 7:41am On Oct 09, 2017
YINKS89:
M guessing d gate man....
okay... we shall see nw
Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by frozenvictor(m): 7:41am On Oct 09, 2017
collinometricx:
oshey baddest...

nice update
thanks boss
Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by YINKS89(m): 12:45pm On Oct 09, 2017
Lemme kall ma pple to kom enjoy dis masterpiece Ritababe
Hfinest1
Cherrybrown
Evatryst
Miraxzeebility
Drnoel
Purityval
Snakie86
Olojuede1
Coolval22
Mynd44
Seun
Sampete
Rock555
Angeless
Mainland
SFTW
Victvames
sEXGY2
Buzzboy
Ozila
Austinblinks
Lagusta
Henz24
Stag
Jeus
Pastoraji
Goodheart02
Onihaxy
Referee
Youngest85
Iphekitan
Fiyah
Evakingz
Fantasyisland..... Et.al ND ofcause ma one and only bby lilyjoe567 .
Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by frozenvictor(m): 12:29pm On Oct 10, 2017
YINKS89:
Lemme kall ma pple to kom enjoy dis masterpiece Ritababe
Hfinest1
Cherrybrown
Evatryst
Miraxzeebility
Drnoel
Purityval
Snakie86
Olojuede1
Coolval22
Mynd44
Seun
Sampete
Rock555
Angeless
Mainland
SFTW
Victvames
sEXGY2
Buzzboy
Ozila
Austinblinks
Lagusta
Henz24
Stag
Jeus
Pastoraji
Goodheart02
Onihaxy
Referee
Youngest85
Iphekitan
Fiyah
Evakingz
Fantasyisland..... Et.al ND ofcause ma one and only bby lilyjoe567 .

Thank you so much Boss
I really appreciate these
Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by supizino(m): 1:44pm On Oct 10, 2017
we dey here frozenvictor we gat ur back update sharpally

1 Like

Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by frozenvictor(m): 4:50pm On Oct 10, 2017

Episode 10

Akanni got home feeling achieved and successful; he placed a call through to Bode and narrated everything including Da'sean interruption with Demi. He couldn't wait for the next day to come; he start checking through clothes for tomorrow's appearance, but then something cross his mind. He realised he never called Athira if she got home safely; he quickly pick up his phone and dialed her number...

*Phone rings* (Twice)

"Hello, I thought  you have disowned me already. I hope you got home safely?" Akanni said jokingly 

"Smiles, yes I did. I hope you did too?" Athira answered with her voice breaking and he noticed.

"Hey, Are you okay?" Akanni asked

"Yes, I will be fine" Athira answered but Akanni has always been taught by bode that *i'm fine* is ladies biggest lie.

"I know you will be fine because you are stronger than anything in the world but I have all the time if you want to talk about it" Akanni replied 

"Seriously, I will be fine"

"I insist" Akanni replied. He was waiting for answer and all he could heard was sound of her cries. He wanted to press on but he didn't want to offend her. Then he decided on a different approach 

"If you don't mind, I can bring a Chocolate Milkshake with a little cream on the edge" Akanni proposed her favorite combo which he saw on her Facebook wall.

"I think that will do it other times but not now" she responded 

"Okay, I understand. Actually I wanted to use the opportunity to come and see you again. I know many people will trade their sleep to see you again.

"Smiles, try again" she replied bluntly

They talked for almost an hour; for that moment she completely forgot about the situation that she was in.

"You think am lying, what if  I told you I can die for you" Akanni finally said but this brought her attention back to her current situation

"I experienced that last night (voice cracking), but he died" she replied and drop the call.

Akanni felt so disappointed in himself for making her remember what he was trying to get her away from. "You can't truly run away from your problems" he said after re dialing her number thrice without response. He decided to send her a text...

***My meeting with you wasn't planned but I knew you were a great person right from the moment that I laid my eyes on you. You are strong, beautiful and positive; don't let anything or anyone take that away from you. You can do it. See you in the morning, take care***

She had been crying right from the moment she dropped the call; it was a new experience in her life, she realized she could just die in a twinkle of an eye and everything will be lost. She had never lost anything nor anyone before; it made her sad, what would she have done without him. "He took the bullet" "He took the bullet" - she kept on repeating this till she slept off.

"Good morning Sunshine, hope you slept well?" Mr Duke asked Athira. She had woke up earlier and had her bath but she kept to herself inside her room, at least it's weekend, she has no where in particular to go.

"Good morning Dad, I tried but it wasn’t really good" Athira replied him

"Things happens in this world for a reason, don't blame yourself for it" Mr Duke pet her head and draw her closer

"But Dad, I have known him and had him for almost six years now. It's painful, he is always energetic, I'll miss him" 

"Remember the day your mom brought him to this house; I wasn't in support of it but see what happens. He saved you from what I couldn't even do" Mr Duke encourage her and she realised what she has been missing that *Everything happens for a reason*

"Thanks Dad, where is he now?" Athira asked

"I already ask the gate man to get him a befitting arrangement, he was a great dog, better than I"

"Dad! Even though he jumped in to take the bullet and unexpected because I never knew he was there, no one can replace you. He has always been my closest friend because I tell him everything Even if he doesn't replied me except from bark but you are my best friend any day, anytime. He made me value life and you more" Athira stated defensively 

"Hmmm, all thanks to God... my daughter is back and better right" 

"Smiles... thanks Dad, you are the best. I love you so much" Athira hugged him.

"Anyway; you have a guest, he has been here for a while, though I told him that you were still sleeping he said he will wait. I think he is worried about you, he said his name his Akanni" Mr Duke informed her

"You said what" Athira sound excited and surprised

She jumped down from her bed, though she saw his text earlier when she woke up but she never thought **see you in the morning** meant this early. She quickly adjust herself and clean up; Mr. Duke kept starring at her, it's been a while that he has seen her being excited about people. 

Akanni had left home as early as possible; he couldn't sleep well through the night, as strange as it could sound he was really worried about her. Since he already got the directions of her place during their conversation in the previous night; he decided to pay her a surprise visit also hoping to get his letter from there. Getting through to her place was really hard; he met the gate man and Mr Duke at the entrance the moment he got there. He greeted them and asked for Athira stating that they were together before she came home the previous night; though Athira's father was a bit surprised that a guy would come this early to a lady's house but he remembered how his daughter was excited when talking about him.

The entrance of building was really captivating but nothing compared to the interior design of the house; Akanni was equally impressed and scared, he doesn't want to look like a gold digger. He was buried in the movie that he was watching utill he heard someone coming down from the staircase; "Wow" was the word that escape from his mouth when Athira rushed to him and hugged him...

"You know that you can be weird right?, your **see you in the morning** is this? Funny guy" Athira told him.

"Anything for my mysterious Angel, I can see that you are really fine now" Akanni said noticing her big smile

"I guess, I saw your text. Thanks a lot" 

"You are welcome in a million times" Akanni replied

"Smiles; Since you are here, let me bring your letter first then we can plan the day" She stated the leaves to get the letter.

Athira's mom got the news of what happened the previous night on phone; she had travelled for a special family gathering. She rushed inside into Athira's room without noticing Akanni in the living room. Akanni greeted her but she was too concerned about Athira to notice anything. After enough narration and thanks to God. She noticed the letter in Athira's hand and was shocked!!!

"Where did you get this letter? She asked in a serious tone"

Athira felt so surprised at her mother's seriousness about a letter that belongs to someone else; she hasn't seen her too serious about something except when she has an issue with her father...

"Mom, what about it?" Athira asked

"Don't use question to answer my question, I said "where do you get this letter?" Mrs Duke demanded

"Okay mom, it's for a friend of mine that I just met. He misplaced it during my trip back to ilorin when I went to Lagos. Remember the time I took public transport because you and Dad travelled without informing me that you changed my driver" Athira answered 

"Oh My God, I have been looking for him. Where is he right now?" Mrs Duke asked without hesitation

"You did not meet him downstairs?" Athira asked surprisingly 

"Not at all, baby let's go see him now" Mrs Duke said already standing up to go

They got back to the sitting room but Akanni was no where to be found...

To be continued...

What does the letter have to do with her?
What made the letter so important?
Where is Akanni?

*Always learn to appreciate what you have around you, because you might not be opportune to do so later - Omotayo Victor*

*‎Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough - Oprah Winfrey*

1 Like

Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by YINKS89(m): 6:44pm On Oct 10, 2017
Wow u really got mi dre... Sewiously dog... ND also I fink d letter has a lot of story to tell.
Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by frozenvictor(m): 7:21pm On Oct 10, 2017
YINKS89:
Wow u really got mi dre... Sewiously dog... ND also I fink d letter has a lot of story to tell.

Smiles... boss, your comments are really encouraging. thanks a lot
Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by YINKS89(m): 8:07pm On Oct 10, 2017
frozenvictor:

Smiles... boss, your comments are really encouraging. thanks a lot
u wcm

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Poems By Niyi Osundare / Roy Lan Uzoma, "My Nigerian Dream" Book Author (Photos) / Learning About Yourself Exercise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.