Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

How Do I Terminate My Employment - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Do I Terminate My Employment (1717 Views)

Vacancies For Employment / How Can You Terminate Ur Appointment With Npower If U Got A Starble Job? / Freelance Writers Needed For Immediate Employment At Infoguidenigeria.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Terminate My Employment by cbrass(m): 12:27pm On Mar 07, 2017
i was going through my contract of employment and saw this, i will want you guys to explain what this section really means.
thanks

11.1 Either party may terminate this contract by giving two (2) weeks notice in writing, in the course of the probationary period . Thereafter, One (1) Month written notice shall be required of either party . In both instances,appropriate payment in lieu of notice is mandatory
Re: How Do I Terminate My Employment by Expl0rers: 12:44pm On Mar 07, 2017
Start now be that...

If you're on probation, tell them 2 weeks before.

If you're a full staff, tell them one month before.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Terminate My Employment by cbrass(m): 2:04pm On Mar 07, 2017
Expl0rers:
Start now be that...

If you're on probation, tell them 2 weeks before.

If you're a full staff, tell them one month before.

What's with the liue payment am seeing there
Re: How Do I Terminate My Employment by laurenjones: 2:30pm On Mar 07, 2017
if you give appropriate notice prior resignation , you will be paid in lieu i.e in place of notice. but if you resign without giving proper notice, you will pay the organisation in place i.e in lieu of notice. its usually one month basic salary i.e. total take home excluding allowances.

Oya start pouring the likes wink

6 Likes

Re: How Do I Terminate My Employment by SMC(f): 2:30pm On Mar 07, 2017
cbrass:

Payment in lieu of notice means, where you fail to give the 2 weeks or 1 month notice required for probationary or full employment respectively, you have to pay them either 2 weeks or 1 month's salary/wages in place of the notice you did not give (i.e. you pay them in lieu or instead of giving them the notice).

Hope this helps to clarify things.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Terminate My Employment by excanny: 2:31pm On Mar 07, 2017
cbrass:

If you choose to not give them enough notice, you will forfeit one month's salary to them.
Re: How Do I Terminate My Employment by cbrass(m): 3:20pm On Mar 07, 2017
SMC:

Payment in lieu of notice means, where you fail to give the 2 weeks or 1 month notice required for probationary or full employment respectively, you have to pay them either 2 weeks or 1 month's salary/wages in place of the notice you did not give (i.e. you pay them in lieu or instead of giving them the notice).

Hope this helps to clarify things.

Ok u mean for the two weeks notice i will give them i won't be paid sad

1 Like

Re: How Do I Terminate My Employment by cbrass(m): 3:25pm On Mar 07, 2017
laurenjones:
if you give appropriate notice prior resignation , you will be paid in lieu i.e in place of notice. but if you resign without giving proper notice, you will pay the organisation in place i.e in lieu of notice. its usually one month basic salary i.e. total take home excluding allowances.

Oya start pouring the likes wink

Better this,is what i want to hear, so i will still be paid for the two weeks notice. Am on probation though cheesy
Re: How Do I Terminate My Employment by Nobody: 6:18pm On Mar 07, 2017
cbrass:

It's an excuse for them not to pay you.

Frankly it's unfair for an employer to demand payment for termination without notice. It means your last month or two weeks will be for free.

Just go silently. grin
Re: How Do I Terminate My Employment by SMC(f): 9:47am On Mar 08, 2017
cbrass:

No, that is not what I mean. I mean, if you give them the required 2 weeks or one month's notice, they will pay you for the period worked and you won't have to pay them anything. However, if you fail to give them the 2 weeks or 1 month's notice required, you have to pay them the equivalent of your salary for 2 weeks or 1 month (or if they are due to pay you, you will forfeit such pay).
Re: How Do I Terminate My Employment by Nobody: 5:16pm On Mar 09, 2017
excanny:

If you choose to not give them enough notice, you will forfeit one month's salary to them.

But if it's the other way, the company wont pay someone. See irony
Re: How Do I Terminate My Employment by yomalex(m): 8:32pm On Mar 09, 2017
If you want to go without notice You'll pay, if they terminate your appointment without notice they'll pay you shikena

(1) (Reply)

Cambel Shipping Airfrieght Coordinator Invite / Airtel Nigeria Recruitment For A Graduate Invoice Processing Executive / Massive Recruitment At The Ondo State University Of Science And Technology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.