Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,186 members, 7,957,436 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:33 PM

"Ignore Call To Postpone US Trip" - Foreign Minister Tells Nigerians - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / "Ignore Call To Postpone US Trip" - Foreign Minister Tells Nigerians (28527 Views)

Apapa Gridlock: FG Must Postpone The Closure Of Third Mainland Bridge – LASG / 5 Safety Tips You Shouldn’t Ignore When A Tanker Is Involved In An Accident / Postpone U.s Trip For Now Presidency Urges Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Ignore Call To Postpone US Trip" - Foreign Minister Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 4:18pm On Mar 07, 2017
Confused elements

1 Like

Re: "Ignore Call To Postpone US Trip" - Foreign Minister Tells Nigerians by Omeokachie: 4:20pm On Mar 07, 2017
Again confusion don break bone.

1 Like

Re: "Ignore Call To Postpone US Trip" - Foreign Minister Tells Nigerians by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:25pm On Mar 07, 2017
free2blast:
Lol....dream on, its free to dream.
"enemies" of progress

1 Like

Re: "Ignore Call To Postpone US Trip" - Foreign Minister Tells Nigerians by free2blast(m): 4:27pm On Mar 07, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
"enemies" of progress
Hypocrite, that is what you are. You can't pull others down and expect to be smiled at.
Re: "Ignore Call To Postpone US Trip" - Foreign Minister Tells Nigerians by Kobicove(m): 4:30pm On Mar 07, 2017
Government of confused people! undecided

1 Like

Re: "Ignore Call To Postpone US Trip" - Foreign Minister Tells Nigerians by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:32pm On Mar 07, 2017
free2blast:
Hypocrite, that is what you are. You can't pull others down and expect to be smiled at.
Pull who down? What Is pull down here? Am I telling Buhari to sack her and hire me? If she is sacked will Barcanista be appointed as replacement?

The point is simple, this administration has failed Nigerians and shall be replaced in 2019. You don't expect the incoming PDP government to retain appointees of Buhari in 2019.

2 Likes

Re: "Ignore Call To Postpone US Trip" - Foreign Minister Tells Nigerians by kayzat: 4:32pm On Mar 07, 2017
free2blast:
Dont mind the bunch of Ignoramus dem. She was only giving an advise and anyone is free to take it or ignore but comprehension seems to be a problem for them.

Majority of those commenting and abusing Dabiri are only doing so because they believe she's trying to overshadow someone from the SE . If you check the previous thread you will see them commending her but now she's an enemy to them simply because Godfrey's stand is different from her own .

3 Likes

Re: "Ignore Call To Postpone US Trip" - Foreign Minister Tells Nigerians by Snowstorm: 4:35pm On Mar 07, 2017
I don't want to say something and my oga at the top will say another thing grin
Re: "Ignore Call To Postpone US Trip" - Foreign Minister Tells Nigerians by ojlifa: 4:35pm On Mar 07, 2017
The Ministry of foreign Affairs in Nigeria is useless,i say this boldly,every time i have dealt with career diplomats,i have discovered they are always against Nigerian interest rather they are there for themselves ,Hon Abike should be made the Minister of foreign Affairs i say that with all confidence,i repeat let anybody who has had cause to deal with a Nigerian career diplomat and was satisfied let them come and speak

1 Like

Re: "Ignore Call To Postpone US Trip" - Foreign Minister Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 4:39pm On Mar 07, 2017
Ego and pride dey worry this one. What that woman said is the truth. If you like, go and waste hundreds of thousands of naira on your plane ticket and get sent home when you arrive in the US.

This dullard won't say a word until he notices someone is doing his job better than him.

Maybe Dabiri should make some moves regarding the xenophobic attacks in SA to get this guy to sit up and do something.
Re: "Ignore Call To Postpone US Trip" - Foreign Minister Tells Nigerians by Jackipapa: 4:41pm On Mar 07, 2017
Abike Dabira[b][/b][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] ( Dabiri)
Re: "Ignore Call To Postpone US Trip" - Foreign Minister Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 4:44pm On Mar 07, 2017
`

2 Likes

Re: "Ignore Call To Postpone US Trip" - Foreign Minister Tells Nigerians by seguno2: 4:49pm On Mar 07, 2017
kayzat:
Majority of those commenting and abusing Dabiri are only doing so because they believe she's trying to overshadow someone from the SE . If you check the previous thread you will see them commending her but now she's an enemy to them simply because Godfrey's stand is different from her own .

Must you see everything with your tribalism laced eyes?
You should show one such changed poster for you to be taken as a serious person.
Moreover, won't YOU refine yourself when you come across SUPERIOR information?
I hope that you are not a zonebee?

1 Like

Re: "Ignore Call To Postpone US Trip" - Foreign Minister Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 4:51pm On Mar 07, 2017
`

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Ignore Call To Postpone US Trip" - Foreign Minister Tells Nigerians by seguno2: 4:53pm On Mar 07, 2017
allrightsir:
she is an adviser to the president, she has no authority to speak on behalf of the govt or Nigerians. Geoffrey Onyeama is a career diplomat, Dabiri is what again?

Please note that Onyeama is NOT a career diplomat.
He was an international civil servant until he retired from WIPO.

1 Like

Re: "Ignore Call To Postpone US Trip" - Foreign Minister Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 4:56pm On Mar 07, 2017
`

1 Like

Re: "Ignore Call To Postpone US Trip" - Foreign Minister Tells Nigerians by kayzat: 5:07pm On Mar 07, 2017
allrightsir:

stop speaking like a fool, I am from the SW and Dabiri overstepped her bounds. she has no authority to advise Nigerians on anything. Why she is even and adviser to the president of foreign affars id baffling...she has no experience or training in foreign affairs or diplomacy....hence her gaffe.

You are the showcasing your bad upbringing here Mr. I just expressed myself without abusing you but instead you think the best way to contribute is by calling your parents foolish . I don't bloody where you hail from or which stinking Congo you shine every night but I have been here more than enough to understand how things work on this platform. Abike is doing a good job and that is all that matters.
Re: "Ignore Call To Postpone US Trip" - Foreign Minister Tells Nigerians by seguno2: 5:28pm On Mar 07, 2017
allrightsir:
Noted....I thought he was.... in any event even his previous job gives more experience in international affairs and diplomacy than someone who spent her life as an NTA news reader and rolling around in the pig-sty that is the house of reps!!!

Ordinarily, you are correct.
However, nothing stopped her from learning about diplomatic protocols.
Her statement, which was reported widely, must have caused great embarrassment to both the US and our country. That must have informed the rather strong rebuttal from Onyeama.
Unfortunately, some tribal bigots who are ignorant have to put their nonentity status on public display here.

1 Like

Re: "Ignore Call To Postpone US Trip" - Foreign Minister Tells Nigerians by dizzle101(m): 5:31pm On Mar 07, 2017
Instead of telling us the whereabout of Buhari , aide Nd minister countering each other's statement. confuse government.
Re: "Ignore Call To Postpone US Trip" - Foreign Minister Tells Nigerians by davidif: 5:32pm On Mar 07, 2017
ijustdey:

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/ignore-call-to-postpone-us-trip-foreign-minister-tells-nigerians/188195.html

Wowwwww! See confusion. If this is not a microcosm of the confusion of this administration them what else is?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Ignore Call To Postpone US Trip" - Foreign Minister Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 5:41pm On Mar 07, 2017
`
Re: "Ignore Call To Postpone US Trip" - Foreign Minister Tells Nigerians by Buharimustgo: 5:52pm On Mar 07, 2017
This so called minister has been missing in action, I think I prefer Abiki
Re: "Ignore Call To Postpone US Trip" - Foreign Minister Tells Nigerians by ivandragon: 5:59pm On Mar 07, 2017
Abike spoke in her capacity as the SA to the President without clearance from the presidency & ministry of Foreign Affairs & as such she erred.

if it had been her individual opinion without the toga of officialdom, then she would have had every right to express herself...

1 Like

Re: "Ignore Call To Postpone US Trip" - Foreign Minister Tells Nigerians by bakynes(m): 5:59pm On Mar 07, 2017
Where was this Foreign minister all through the Xenophobic attack of South Africans. Now he feels threatened she is doing his job better than him. He is not even speaking to the public on what his office is doing abt the xenophobic attack. The woman simply gave a good advice that anybody who is not going there for something important should postpone their trip. She doesn't want any Nigerian going there to waste good money and get sent back at the point of entry.

1 Like

Re: "Ignore Call To Postpone US Trip" - Foreign Minister Tells Nigerians by fyneguy: 6:43pm On Mar 07, 2017
This Minister is not on top of the matter.

Asking the US Ambassador was not enough. The Ambassador was being economical with the truth.

You should ask Abike Dabiri and other Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: "Ignore Call To Postpone US Trip" - Foreign Minister Tells Nigerians by Splashme: 6:49pm On Mar 07, 2017
kjigga:
is this government not confused?
Re: "Ignore Call To Postpone US Trip" - Foreign Minister Tells Nigerians by cytell56: 6:51pm On Mar 07, 2017
Re: "Ignore Call To Postpone US Trip" - Foreign Minister Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 7:09pm On Mar 07, 2017
The Minister of Foreign Affairs is a confused man. Two of my friends were sent back just yesterday. One of them is an Engineer with Guinness, has been to the U.S twice, never stayed more than 3weeks on each occasion, has been to Dubai, Ireland severally, yet he was denied entry and his Visa was cancelled. The Minister should be ignored.

1 Like

Re: "Ignore Call To Postpone US Trip" - Foreign Minister Tells Nigerians by josite: 7:12pm On Mar 07, 2017
from day one,the abike dabiri thinks she is the president's daughter.was she not the one querying the facebook guy in the prsense of buhari at aso rock asking him what he is doing about scammers as if the guy is there to visit her and i did said then,that was a breach of protocol.
Re: "Ignore Call To Postpone US Trip" - Foreign Minister Tells Nigerians by Chauke(m): 7:55pm On Mar 07, 2017
[quote author=ipobbigot7 post=54359281]Mr minister quit ego.

we had a report some few days ago of how an IT technician that was sent by his company was to the US was subjected to a written test at Kennedy airport, the said Engeneer sighted other cases of mistreatment being melted against other Nigeria immigrants to the US. What did you do about that.

The xenophobia attack in South Africa where several Nigerians were killed what did you do about it.

Is your own family members not enjoying unthreatened movement around the world with diplomatic cover? [/quote

No Nigerians have died during the current upheavals
Re: "Ignore Call To Postpone US Trip" - Foreign Minister Tells Nigerians by sniperr007(m): 8:56pm On Mar 07, 2017
kjigga:
is this government not confused?

Yes but they also lack communication. And it was surprising that abike spoke when ministry of foreign affairs is active.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aa / Charms Discovered Under The Car Seat Of Student Who Killed A Bike Man . / VIO Cameras On Lagos Roads Catch Traffic Rules Breakers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.