Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,504 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot (46273 Views)

Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport / Meet Captain Yared Getachew, The Crashed Ethiopian Aeroplane Pilot / Captain Ibiyemi, 25-Year-Old Female Pilot & Passengers Take Selfie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by mikaelzX(m): 7:39pm On Mar 07, 2017
MMMscam:

Wrong! That was captain Hadiza, and she was the first female Nigerian airways pilot, not the first commercial pilot. It was notable being that Nigerian airways was the national airline at the time. Captain Chinyere Kalu is undoubtedly and inarguably the first female commercial pilot in Nigeria.
wow you need a medal
Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by samstradam: 7:39pm On Mar 07, 2017
The OP is the cause of all this confusion.
He should correct her birth date which clearly seems to be wrong.
Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by Nobody: 7:39pm On Mar 07, 2017
keyanZuzer:
[s]
Must you be tribalistic in everything? Guess what?
first female Professor In Nigeria is an afonja, Elizabeth Abimbola Awoliyi was the first female physician in Nigeria, Chief ‘Folake Solanke (SAN) is the first female Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Dr. Abimbola Ayodeji Abolarinwa is first female Urologist, Captain Abimbola Jayeola (Captain AB) is N igeria’s First Female Helicopter Captain, Mo Abudu She is the first woman in Africa to launch a pan African TV and so many other females from other tribes. So what was your point?[/s]

Shove your afonja list up your behind. I don't trust you lots anymore. Thats how you people lied for decades of having the pioneer professors in Nigeria. Lo and behold, when serious research was done, it was found that all first, pioneer professors in top SW universities were Igbos.

2 Likes

Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by samstradam: 7:39pm On Mar 07, 2017
Like I said, the birthdate is a problem

http://www.nationalmirroronline.net/new/captain-chinyere-o-kalu-nigerias-first-female-pilot/

This suggests she got her flying license in 1978 and spent most of her career teaching.

This would thus not stop Hadiza from being the first commercial pilot in the 80's.
Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by keyanZuzer: 7:42pm On Mar 07, 2017
Intellect20:

Shove your afonja list up your behind. I don't trust you lots anymore. Thats how you people lied for decades of having the pioneer professors in Nigeria. Lo and behold, when serious research was done, it was found that all first, pioneer professors in top SW universities were Igbos.
LMAO! Do your research and show proofs please
Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by almarthins(m): 7:45pm On Mar 07, 2017
Intellect20:

In Biafraa, women are treated like men and posses just as equal rights! Not the same in Arewa and Oduwanikistan!

Really? Look here historical illiterate! Have u forgotten how female child is regarded and treated in igboland? Be honest with urself and stop this political hypocrisy.

1 Like

Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by Nobody: 7:46pm On Mar 07, 2017
Sacluxpaint:
Correct me if I am wrong,but is she truly the first?

She wasn't, Hadiza was
Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by nextstep(m): 7:50pm On Mar 07, 2017
Good one
Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by Nobody: 7:51pm On Mar 07, 2017
Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by Nobody: 7:53pm On Mar 07, 2017
MMMscam:

Wrong! That was captain Hadiza, and she was the first female Nigerian airways pilot, not the first commercial pilot. It was notable being that Nigerian airways was the national airline at the time. Captain Chinyere Kalu is undoubtedly and inarguably the first female commercial pilot in Nigeria.

So, Nigerian Airways na Private Airline not commercial abi?

JESUS, provide epp for this dude
Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by Endtimesmith(m): 7:55pm On Mar 07, 2017
Na Career woman
Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by AlphaStyles(m): 7:59pm On Mar 07, 2017
Intellect20:
I knew she must be a Biafrran!
u Smoke weed?
Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by AlphaStyles(m): 8:01pm On Mar 07, 2017
this is what I want to hear rather than to dy chop money anyhow [Nigerian girls can relate]
Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by ireneidiva(f): 8:04pm On Mar 07, 2017
Talk2Bella:
when it is your time gender wouldn't even matter

we will all get there

role model

education is the key couples with patience and resilience

even if you must learn a trade abeg try finish SS3
couple ko
Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by Talk2Bella(f): 8:07pm On Mar 07, 2017
ireneidiva:

couple ko

your brain should have at least told you it was a typo error and I meant coupled please flee away from my mention
Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by Nobody: 8:14pm On Mar 07, 2017
we share d same name but dat pilot thing is not my way else we will see another dana incidence
Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by DrogoG(m): 8:22pm On Mar 07, 2017
Unfortunately, women are still been treated as second class citizens in this country.
Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by ireneidiva(f): 8:25pm On Mar 07, 2017
Talk2Bella:

your brain should have at least told you it was a typo error and I meant coupled please flee away from my mention
Rude illiterate. Edit your work before posting. You are welcome.
Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by Talk2Bella(f): 8:27pm On Mar 07, 2017
ireneidiva:
Rude illiterate. Edit your work before posting. You are welcome.
educated slowpoke now move along you have been noticed
Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by akaahs(m): 8:32pm On Mar 07, 2017
I doubt whether is the first female pilot bcause i once come across a story that the first female pilot was butcher nd killed by her gateman.
Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by akaahs(m): 8:33pm On Mar 07, 2017
I doubt whether she is the first female pilot bcause i once come across a story that the first female pilot was butcher nd killed by her gateman.
Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by omogidi234(m): 8:33pm On Mar 07, 2017
VastfinderBlog:

Captain Chinyere Kalu was born in 1970. She is the first female pilot in Nigeria. A woman grew up in a very supportive big family. She decided to begin her career in Aviation because of her adventurous aunt. Her aunt was well famous for traveling abroad a lot of times. They had the matriarch in their family, so her aunt approved Chinyere’s decision and so a lady began her career into aviation.

The first female Nigerian pilot is Chinyere Kalu, who studied in Anglican Girls Grammar School, which is in Yaba, in Lagos. Then she was trained as a Commercial and Private Pilot. She also took a few aviation courses in Zaria, UK, and the USA.

Chinyere Kalu always wanted to travel the world and have an adventurous lifestyle. So she decided to take up the truly male dominated and very difficult career in order to become the first female pilot in Nigeria.

Nigeria first female fighter pilot is married to Mr. Okoli Kali and has children. 6 years ago President Goodluck Jonathan proclaimed her the Chief Executive and Rector of Nigerian College of Aviation Technology (which is mostly known as NCAT) - which is the biggest aviation training institute in the whole continent.

Before that, Chinyere Kalu was leading the College’s Flying School. There Chinyere Kalu worked as a contractual instructor.

Source: https://vastfinder..com/2017/03/captain-chinyere-kalu-meet-first.html

Thanks for a job well done, congratulations to the pilot as well. Whether female or male, that job is not a job I envy. Very technical and brain tasking.

However, I don't think this woman is/ has always been the first Female Pilot in Nigeria. I have seen this caption several times but I do not have enough facts to counter it.

There was a female Pilot that was murdered by her driver and house boy either 15 or 20 years ago in Lagos. Her body was dumped in the soak away pit or something. It was neighbours who she was nice to, who felt they haven't seen her for days couple with the fact that stench was coming out of her apartment that alerted the Police.
The guys were arrested and the news was all over the dailies. We really need to keep records in our Obodo Naija.
Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by MrGerald(m): 8:40pm On Mar 07, 2017
Tazdroid:
what has that got to do with her achievements?
Yes it has something to do with her achievement, guts
Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by omogidi234(m): 8:44pm On Mar 07, 2017
MMMscam:

She's the first Nigerian female commercial pilot and not the first Nigerian female combat pilot (armed forces) - BIG difference!

The first female combat pilot is a hausa girl; the first female Nigerian airways pilot is a hausa girl; the first female helicopter pilot is a Yoruba girl. So nothing spectacular here. The tribe factor doesn't come into play. Rather, it was just a matter of OPPORTUNITY in these cases.

Sir, who among these women flew an aircraft first in Nigeria? Let us abrogate the dicotomy as to commercial flight, military flight, helicopter and Nigerian Airways. By the way, was Nigerian Airways not a commercial flight moving people outside of Nigeria or within Nigeria?
Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by SonOfEl(m): 8:49pm On Mar 07, 2017
Can people be this biased? The FIRST FEMALE PILOT IN NIGERIA is Captain Chinyere Kalu. What is wrong with this indomie generation?

Hadiza was the first female airforce pilot, but the first woman to ever PILOT A PLANE is CAPTAIN CHINYERE KALU.

1 Like

Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by SonOfEl(m): 8:54pm On Mar 07, 2017
MMMscam:

She's the first Nigerian female commercial pilot and not the first Nigerian female combat pilot (armed forces) - BIG difference!

The first female combat pilot is a hausa girl; the first female Nigerian airways pilot is a hausa girl; the first female helicopter pilot is a Yoruba girl. So nothing spectacular here. The tribe factor doesn't come into play. Rather, it was just a matter of OPPORTUNITY in these cases.

Inferiority will not kill you

Its like saying Late Mrs kuti (fela's mom) was 'only' the first to drive a car, but she isn't the first to drive a police or military van, who wants to know that? Nonsense!
Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by ogahope(m): 8:57pm On Mar 07, 2017
Kobicove:
I don't believe this lady is the first Nigerian female pilot...

There was another lady before her undecided
She is the first
Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by Waspy(m): 9:34pm On Mar 07, 2017
(o)
Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by SonOfEl(m): 9:44pm On Mar 07, 2017
keyanZuzer:

Must you be tribalistic in everything? Guess what?
first female Professor In Nigeria is an afonja, Elizabeth Abimbola Awoliyi was the first female physician in Nigeria, Chief ‘Folake Solanke (SAN) is the first female Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Dr. Abimbola Ayodeji Abolarinwa is first female Urologist, Captain Abimbola Jayeola (Captain AB) is N igeria’s First Female Helicopter Captain, Mo Abudu She is the first woman in Africa to launch a pan African TV and so many other females from other tribes. So what was your point?

Another dude with inferiority syndrome spotted.

Flora Nwapa - first female (and best selling) author
Chioma Ajunwa - first female and single Olympic gold medalist
Rita Dominic - Presently the most awarded actress
Onyeka Owenu - first best selling female singer

We are ready for you anytime..... Keep it coming...
Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by SweetyZinta(f): 9:52pm On Mar 07, 2017
MMMscam:

Wrong! She's the first female Nigerian pilot (commercial). And also the first igbo if that's also considered.

wee you keep quite?
Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by chichichilolo1(f): 10:20pm On Mar 07, 2017
And she is my namesake cheesy
Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by MidasTouche01(m): 10:26pm On Mar 07, 2017
Sleekyshuga, this is ur Aunt-Inlaw abi?

I remember reading it somewhere in ur diary that ur uncle married the first female pilot in Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Before And After Pictures Of Ebute-Metta Train Station / Old Ojo Road, Lagos New Sin City: Residents Lament As Brothels Take Over / Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.