Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,539 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:01 AM

WAEC Faces Lawsuit Over Seizure Of Students Results - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / WAEC Faces Lawsuit Over Seizure Of Students Results (7864 Views)

Indian University Creates Cartoon Characters Of Students For Virtual Graduation / ASUU: Massive Number Of Students May Be Disenfranchised, We Are Considering This / 5 Categories Of Students Who Will Benefit From ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

WAEC Faces Lawsuit Over Seizure Of Students Results by Yarnvibes(f): 5:24pm On Mar 07, 2017
Justice Nathaniel Ayo-Emmanuel of the Federal High Court, Ibadan, on Tuesday adjourned till April 6 further hearing in the case of seizure of the May/June 2015 SSCE results of Christ National Model College, Ido, Ibadan.

The judge adjourned the case in order to allow the West African Examination Council to appear in court.

According to NAN, Mrs Elizabeth Shittu, council to the plantiff, approached the court to order the examination body to release the 2015 May/June SSCE results of 100 of its students.

Shittu, one of the allegations levelled against the secondary school by WAEC was that the 100 students who sat for the examination cheated
She said WAEC also alleged that the school carried out substitution of some examination papers like Animal Husbandry and English Language while the school failed to explain how the substitution was done.

But the plaintiff’s counsel argued that such substitution should not have led to the cancellation of all the papers of the entire students of the school.

WAEC, however, had yet to appear in court to respond to the plaintiff’s submission.

http://www.kikiotolu.com/2017/03/waec-faces-lawsuit-over-seizure-of.html

Lalasticlala Mynd44 seun Dominique

Re: WAEC Faces Lawsuit Over Seizure Of Students Results by emzreus(m): 6:08pm On Mar 07, 2017
FTC Thats good
Re: WAEC Faces Lawsuit Over Seizure Of Students Results by delishpot: 8:51pm On Mar 07, 2017
Good

1 Like

Re: WAEC Faces Lawsuit Over Seizure Of Students Results by Jeffrey12(m): 6:57am On Mar 08, 2017
They better appear and face the law
Re: WAEC Faces Lawsuit Over Seizure Of Students Results by valdes00(m): 7:00am On Mar 08, 2017
Zinedine Zidane has opened up why he headbutted Marco Materazzi during the 2006 World Cup Final. Zidane..."He dragged my shirt,i ignored him,He called my mother a LovePeddler, i ignored him...He called my father a terrorist, i also ignored". Then I Lost My Temper when he told me, 'Go And Join Arsenal'.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: WAEC Faces Lawsuit Over Seizure Of Students Results by sassieconte: 7:04am On Mar 08, 2017
Hahahahahahahahaha, I like that school. I wonder why WAEC keeps playing God. When u set a question so hard to answer what do u expect? Since the hunter has learnt how to shoot without missing, birds also learnt to fly without perching. Teachers dey teach nonsense, yet WAEC keeps setting questions borrowed from the sky...

5 Likes

Re: WAEC Faces Lawsuit Over Seizure Of Students Results by Nobody: 7:05am On Mar 08, 2017
Shittu, one of the allegations levelled against the secondary school by WAEC was that the 100 students who sat for the examination cheated
She said WAEC also alleged that the school carried out substitution of some examination papers like Animal Husbandry and English Language while the school failed to explain how the substitution was done.

But the plaintiff’s counsel argued that such substitution should not have led to the cancellation of all the papers of the entire students of the school.

In other words, the school agrees that they subsituted the papers in Animal Husbandry and English....and they are arguing that WAEC should not punish them

The school is in the wrong, in my opinion. WAEC rules and regulations do not allow cheating...and this is cheating.

3 Likes

Re: WAEC Faces Lawsuit Over Seizure Of Students Results by Nobody: 7:06am On Mar 08, 2017
sassieconte:
Hahahahahahahahaha, I like that school. I wonder why WAEC keeps playing God. When u set a question so hard to answer what do u expect? Since the hunter has learnt how to shoot without missing, birds also learnt to fly without perching. Teachers dey teach nonsense, yet WAEC keeps setting questions borrowed from the sky...

So, you are saying that it is ok to cheat if the question is "hard''

Wow...no wonder Nigeria is underdeveloped.

Exams, by their nature are expected to be hard.The problem is, we Nigerians think that learning is done in school and school alone. The fact of the matter is that it isn't.

I am sad to say that I did not really and fully learn that lesson, until I entered university and it was forced into my brain system so to speak.

I passed my WAEC physics....my hardest subject...simply because I was forced to read outside the schoolwork so to speak.

8 Likes

Re: WAEC Faces Lawsuit Over Seizure Of Students Results by Iruobean(m): 7:07am On Mar 08, 2017
Nice one!
Re: WAEC Faces Lawsuit Over Seizure Of Students Results by Mr2kay2: 7:08am On Mar 08, 2017
Build your ponzi sites today at affordable rates contact me via whatsapp 08020857937 lets chat
Re: WAEC Faces Lawsuit Over Seizure Of Students Results by Nobody: 7:11am On Mar 08, 2017
Mr2kay2:
Build your ponzi sites today at affordable rates contact me via whatsapp 08020857937 lets chat

Ah yes....you want to help others to steal other people's money.

And after you would be shouting "Government is bad".

5 Likes

Re: WAEC Faces Lawsuit Over Seizure Of Students Results by Davidblen(m): 7:12am On Mar 08, 2017
Sometimes Waec Do Frustate Students by seizing their results they conclude if one person cheat, the others cheat.. is nt so
Re: WAEC Faces Lawsuit Over Seizure Of Students Results by Nobody: 7:16am On Mar 08, 2017
Davidblen:
Sometimes Waec Do Frustate Students by seizing their results they conclude if one person cheat, the others cheat.. is nt so

WAEC is that harsh, so that they can discourage cheating at all levels.

And yes....mass cheating does happen (In 1977....WAEC cancelled thousands of papers in a mass cheating scandal called Expo 77).

Thing is, cheating, expo, ecomog, etc....harms the brain's capacity to reason. And fact is...when you get out into the real world, you are expected to use your reasoning skills to good use either for your employers or for yourselves.

If you are always cheating in high school because it is better than guessing....then you won't survive well in the real world.
Re: WAEC Faces Lawsuit Over Seizure Of Students Results by wawappl: 7:25am On Mar 08, 2017
so the cheat in south west during waec exams
Re: WAEC Faces Lawsuit Over Seizure Of Students Results by Nobody: 7:30am On Mar 08, 2017
wawappl:
so the cheat in south west during waec exams

There is cheating everywhere in Nigeria....even in your own home region.

Part of the problem is ...government runs too many schools at all levels. As a result, there has always been limited money available to fund each school properly...and this means that there arent enough books, poorly paid and poorly trained teachers, and poor facilites....which don't do much for good learning.

Also, many Nigerian students do not do much learning outside the box. Especially those who have access to the internet...which has a lot of resources for learning.

1 Like

Re: WAEC Faces Lawsuit Over Seizure Of Students Results by Efukikata(m): 7:37am On Mar 08, 2017
grin
Re: WAEC Faces Lawsuit Over Seizure Of Students Results by seunlly(m): 7:37am On Mar 08, 2017
Cheating all over nigeria
Politician is your role model
Re: WAEC Faces Lawsuit Over Seizure Of Students Results by cococandy(f): 7:39am On Mar 08, 2017
About time

3 Likes

Re: WAEC Faces Lawsuit Over Seizure Of Students Results by Guru9ja(m): 7:56am On Mar 08, 2017
check out junior waec 2017 timetable or download here: http://www.guru9ja.com.ng/2017/03/junior-waec-201718-timetable-bece/

Waec 2017 May/June Time table. Download here to your phone:

http://www.guru9ja.com.ng/2017/02/waec-mayjune-20172018-time-table/
Re: WAEC Faces Lawsuit Over Seizure Of Students Results by Nobody: 8:36am On Mar 08, 2017
very good news...how can WAEC play judge, jury and executioner...
you claim some students cheated and seize the entire results of the school...no evidence presented to the public, no investigation nothing...
what about students in the school not involved in malpractice they are punished along with the rest..
what about the invigilator/supervisor from WAEC there during the exams shouldn't they be sacked too...
power drunk WAEC...
many innocent students have been victims of seized results...
i am not supporting malpractic though
Re: WAEC Faces Lawsuit Over Seizure Of Students Results by OnlyTheBrave: 8:40am On Mar 08, 2017
JAMB INSTRUCTIONS TO ALL CANDIDATES WHO ARE PREPARING FOR 2017 EXAM

http://www.9jaedu.com/jamb-201718-new-regularization-proceduresguidelines-help/

SEE JAMB 2017 SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR ALL UNIVERSITY AND POLYTECHNIC COURSE Below.

http://www.9jaedu.com/jamb-utme-2017-correct-subjects-combination-for-all-courses/
Re: WAEC Faces Lawsuit Over Seizure Of Students Results by emperorAY(m): 10:00am On Mar 08, 2017
Cum to kaduna and see what cheating in waec means
Re: WAEC Faces Lawsuit Over Seizure Of Students Results by IJMBEXCEL: 12:52pm On Mar 08, 2017
Are you tired of writing JAMB multiple times or
considering securing university admission without UTME?
If you answered yes then here comes the solution to the
menace, with Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB)
candidates can secure 200L admission into their preferred
university without JAMB via Direct Entry.Kindly read through carefully for better understanding, If you
do not comprehend any part of the article, don't hesitate to
reach us via the contact details provided at the end of the
article.
WHAT IS IJMB: It is of the acronym Interim Joint
Matriculation Board, It is an Approved, Proven & Certified
Advanced level programme moderated by Ahmadu Bello
University and having coordinating body in various tertiary
institutions and different study centres nationwide. The
programme is specifically designed to provide an opportunity
for candidates who cannot gain admission to regular degree
programmes in Nigerian Universities for one reason or the
other, as the programme only requires candidates O'level
results, Also awaiting result candidate can Enroll.
• Approved: By the Federal Government has a platform for
securing admission into higher institution in the country and
abroad.
• Proven: Yearly, about 20,000 applicants put in for the
programme in which more than 70% fraction successfully
secure admission with it into 200 level to their preferred
institution & course.
• Certified: By Nigeria University Commission (NUC) has an
Advanced level examination that qualify students into
200level via Direct Entry.
HOW IT WORKS: Prospective IJMB candidates are required
to select any THREE (3) A/L IJMB Subject Combination
identified with their preferred course of study in the university
be it Science, Art or Social Science Course. Candidates would
then be lectured for the stipulated period at their respective
Study Centre and thereafter sit for the final examination. On
completion of the programme, successful candidates
accordingly utilize their IJMB certificate to secure admission
into 200level in any Nigeria tertiary institution via Direct
Entry.
IJMB LEGIBILITY: IJMB certificate is presently recognised
and accepted in more than 80% of Nigeria federal, state and
private Universities. Thus, prospective candidates can check
(item 2.2) of JAMB BROCHURE to confirm IJMB legibility.

PROGRAMME DURATION: IJMB A'level programme runs
for a maximum period of one academic session(9-12month)
divided in two(2) semesters.
PROGRAMME ELIGIBILITY: The programme is open to all
interested candidates nationwide and any course can be
offered be it Science, Art or Social Science.
METHOD OF APPLICATION: IJMBEXCEL is inviting
applications from prospective candidates for IJMB 2017/18
academic session. Prospective candidates can contact us via our email. Ijmbexcel@gmail.com. Or call 08120653907 for registration details.

(1) (Reply)

RCCG Donates To 7 Schools In Ibadan / Why We Introduced Chinese Language In Lagos Schools - Fashola / Project Topics And Materials In Entrepreneurship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.