Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,613 members, 7,955,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:42 PM

Army Issues Security Alert On Abuja Hotels - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Issues Security Alert On Abuja Hotels (9947 Views)

El-Rufai Serves Passenger On Abuja-Kaduna Train / Photos Of El-rufai On Abuja-Kaduna Train This Afternoon / Nigerian Army Issues Statement On Allowances, Warns Mischief Makers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army Issues Security Alert On Abuja Hotels by ijustdey: 9:01am On Mar 08, 2017
From Molly Kilete. Abuja.

The Nigerian Army has issued security alert on hotels in the Federal Capital Territory (Abuja).

The army also said it has put new security measures in place to protect hotels and other national infrastructures and assets which are usually targets of terrorists in the Abuja.

The security cordon is on the heels of an intelligence report which reportedly revealed a fresh plan by Boko-Haram to launch another attack on the nation’s capital.

Chief Of Army Staff(COAS), Lieutenant-General Tukur Buratai made this known when he received Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Transcorp Hilton Hotel, Valentine Ozigbo, in his office, yesterday.

Buratai said the new security arrangement came about given high profile visitors, including foreign Heads of State and other very important personalities who usually lodge at the hotel.

He said hotels like Transcorp and other five stars hotels, as well as other national assets, are usually easy targets of terrorist because of crowds who troop to such places on a daily basis.

Buratai said the army is working in conjunction with other security agencies in the FCT round the clock to ensure Boko Haram does not have easy access into the nation’s capital,.

He added that aside deploying soldiers to keep security at such places, the army also has plain clothes intelligence officers deployed there to ensure safety and security and commended the Transcorp delegation for the visit and assured them of continuous protection of the army at all times.

In his response, Ozigbo said he was at the army headquarters to brief Buratai on steps taken by the management to secure the hotel.

He commended the army for responding promptly to issues concerning Transcorp and called for collaboration between the two organisations.

Meanwhile ,the Public Complaint Commission(PCC), has appealed to the army to have a rethink over the recent dismissal of 524 soldiers from the service.

Chief Commissioner of PCC, Chief Emanuel Ogbile, who made the appeal during a courtesy visit to Buratai said given the age bracket of the dismissed soldiers, their dismissal could mean bad omen for the country.

considering what it is passing through in the hands of boko haram and other criminal groups terrorizing the country.

Ogbile, who said the dismissed soldiers had staged a peaceful protest to the CCB, office in Abuja, asking the CCB, to plead with the army authorities to reinstate them back into the service, urged Buratai, to use his good office to revisit their cases with a view to resolve it, and if necessary reinstate them “in the best interest of the Nigerian army and the country”.

He said given the involvement of the army in fighting the counterinsurgency war and other security challenges, the country cannot afford to allow another kind of terror.

Buratai, in his response, while noting that the soldiers were dismissed from service having committed one offense or the other, said “we are going to revisit their case and look at each case at his own merit with a view to resolve them in the best interest of the army and the nation.

The army chief who described the number as huge, said their dismissal has greatly affected operations of the army saying “524, is almost a battalion. We felt the impact of their dismissal but I can assure you we will look into it, which we have already started”,

http://sunnewsonline.com/army-issues-security-alert-on-abuja-hotels/

Re: Army Issues Security Alert On Abuja Hotels by eezeribe(m): 9:02am On Mar 08, 2017
The Nigeria army is now battling both internal and external Agression,while the police force is busy Harassing Drivers on the Highways.

I am always dedicating my FTC to other people...
Today I dedicate it to myself.

The guy below me.. Please take a chill pill and stop quoting me.
Nigeria is a country,Not a zoo.
I am proudly NIGERIAN.

18 Likes

Re: Army Issues Security Alert On Abuja Hotels by dokyOloye: 10:49am On Mar 08, 2017
eezeribe:
The Nigeria army is now battling both internal and external Agression,while the police force is busy Harassing Drivers on the Highways.
Zoo police and DSS have completely abdicated their duties.
Zoo DSS only knows how to break judges doors by midnight for purported financial crimes,a job that should ordinarily done by EFCC, meanwhile they cannot penetrate boko haram,fulani terrorists etc which is their primary responsibility.

9 Likes

Re: Army Issues Security Alert On Abuja Hotels by Nobody: 11:16am On Mar 08, 2017
Abuja again sad Serious Alert o

1 Like

Re: Army Issues Security Alert On Abuja Hotels by cyberdurable(m): 11:16am On Mar 08, 2017
cheesy
Re: Army Issues Security Alert On Abuja Hotels by olahero(m): 11:17am On Mar 08, 2017
hmmm May we be saved from Terrorist. Aameen
Re: Army Issues Security Alert On Abuja Hotels by saerkon: 11:17am On Mar 08, 2017
BestHyper:
Abuja again sad Serious Alert o
nor b small tin

1 Like

Re: Army Issues Security Alert On Abuja Hotels by Dannidom(m): 11:18am On Mar 08, 2017
ok we don hear
Re: Army Issues Security Alert On Abuja Hotels by tdayof(m): 11:18am On Mar 08, 2017
eezeribe:

Very funny people didn't notice the contribution of the Nigerian Air Force and most especially men of the Nigerian Navy in the fight against terrorism in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Army Issues Security Alert On Abuja Hotels by Imoh555(m): 11:18am On Mar 08, 2017
embarassed

Re: Army Issues Security Alert On Abuja Hotels by mayorwah98(m): 11:19am On Mar 08, 2017
I go leave this country ooooo

2 Likes

Re: Army Issues Security Alert On Abuja Hotels by Emekamex(m): 11:20am On Mar 08, 2017
It is not just about warning people, preventing the terrorists from implementing their plans is the key.
Re: Army Issues Security Alert On Abuja Hotels by 12345baba(m): 11:20am On Mar 08, 2017
When will they threaten Lagos state?
Re: Army Issues Security Alert On Abuja Hotels by wizkidblogger(f): 11:26am On Mar 08, 2017
na wa ooo

1 Like

Re: Army Issues Security Alert On Abuja Hotels by pLord: 11:29am On Mar 08, 2017
Wait ooo, is it the same boko boys that has been defeated that is issuing threat in the nations capital? Na wa oo

1 Like

Re: Army Issues Security Alert On Abuja Hotels by nothingmega122(m): 11:34am On Mar 08, 2017
Buhari should be tried in Court his the cause of all this bh brouhaha

1 Like

Re: Army Issues Security Alert On Abuja Hotels by satowind(m): 11:34am On Mar 08, 2017
I tot this people are all dead. Y are they springing up like soldier ant

1 Like

Re: Army Issues Security Alert On Abuja Hotels by Homeboiy: 11:38am On Mar 08, 2017
story

1 Like

Re: Army Issues Security Alert On Abuja Hotels by Nobody: 11:46am On Mar 08, 2017
Everything is not right in this country

1 Like

Re: Army Issues Security Alert On Abuja Hotels by Icecomrade: 11:52am On Mar 08, 2017
Abuja keep.
Re: Army Issues Security Alert On Abuja Hotels by akoko11: 12:06pm On Mar 08, 2017
MMM
Re: Army Issues Security Alert On Abuja Hotels by seangy4konji: 12:15pm On Mar 08, 2017
Na blood money sure pass.
Re: Army Issues Security Alert On Abuja Hotels by Xbursta(m): 12:49pm On Mar 08, 2017
ThIS COUNTRY SELF DON TIRE ME

I go school -------------> cultism
I no go school -----------> illiteracy
I write jamb -----------> no admission
I go university -----------> strike
I travel by air -----------> plane crash
I travel by land -----------> accident
Enter bus for road -----------> bomb blast
I go bank -----------> BVN wahala
I relax for outside -----------> kidnapping
I go village -----------> witchcraft
I day house -----------> no work
I go work -----------> No salary
Make I shake hand -----------> Ebola
I buy Garri - - - - - - > Lassa fever
Mosquito bite me -----------> Zika virus
Make I chat -----------> No light
I play nairabet ------------> No winning
I buy motor -----------> No fuel
make i buy goods----->dollar dn rise oooo
NIGERIA NO EASY ooooooo

1 Like

Re: Army Issues Security Alert On Abuja Hotels by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 12:59pm On Mar 08, 2017
dokyOloye:
Zoo DSS only knows how to break judges doors by midnight for purported financial crimes,a job that should ordinarily done by EFCC, meanwhile they cannot penetrate boko haram,fulani terrorists etc which is their primary responsibility.

Is that all Igbos? You forget zoo prison Service are also dealing with your dilector?
Re: Army Issues Security Alert On Abuja Hotels by momentarylapse: 12:59pm On Mar 08, 2017
Runs girls and politicians should be the ones most concerned! grin
Re: Army Issues Security Alert On Abuja Hotels by momentarylapse: 1:03pm On Mar 08, 2017
dokyOloye:

See this one's special mumu ipob post!

Re: Army Issues Security Alert On Abuja Hotels by dokyOloye: 1:03pm On Mar 08, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

Is that all Igbos? You forget zoo prison Service are also dealing with your dilector?
Grade D zombie.
Ignored.
Re: Army Issues Security Alert On Abuja Hotels by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 1:16pm On Mar 08, 2017
dokyOloye:

Grade D zombie.
Ignored.

irrelevant wailing zombie spotted..

Re: Army Issues Security Alert On Abuja Hotels by orisa37: 1:17pm On Mar 08, 2017
Internal Security's Responsibilities.
What on Earth are The IGP, Police and the CID doing? Why are They deliberately failing to keep Nigeria fully secured?
Re: Army Issues Security Alert On Abuja Hotels by orisa37: 1:24pm On Mar 08, 2017
Home land Security Matters not Military.
Re: Army Issues Security Alert On Abuja Hotels by vickylincon(m): 2:26pm On Mar 08, 2017
tdayof:

Very funny people didn't notice the contribution of the Nigerian Air Force and most especially men of the Nigerian Navy in the fight against terrorism in Nigeria.
thought they are all classified as NIGERIAN ARMY

(1) (2) (Reply)

Despite ₦2.3tn Health Budgets, Buhari Spends 201 Days On Foreign Medical Trips / Buhari’s Return Has Stabilised Polity – Orji Kalu / Beautiful Igbo Girl Speaks On Biafra And Experience Living In Kano...Must Watch!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.